Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Out Of The Darkness And Into The Light; [Private Thread]
Topic Started: Aug 26 2010, 08:34 AM (4,252 Views)
Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Continued from Where is My Mind? )

Sally had been walking for what seemed to be an eternity. She hadn’t encountered anyone since she left the group at the cabin and her feet were beginning to hurt. She was getting frustrated by constantly slipping around on the rocks in her shoes unfit for such strenuous activity. As she continued forward her dress snagged on a stray bush branch and ripped. Sally walked forward a few feet without noticing until she heard the unmistakable sound of a tear. The bottom of her skirt had ripped up to her upper thigh.

Sally stopped and stared at the offending branch. She walked back and stomped on the bush, breaking most of the branches off and cutting her feet a bit in the process. When she was done both she and the insolent bush were a mess. She huffed and continued walking, now holding and inspecting the ruined part of her garment.

A scream pierced the air, tearing her attention away from the rip. She looked up just in time to see Reiko Ishida stab a girl in front of the opening of one of the tunnels. The girl toppled over, but not before pushing Reiko. Sally slowly approached the scene until she was about ten feet from Reiko, now crawling towards her bags. Her eyes widened and a smile flickered across her face for a split second.

Reiko Ishida......

The name escaped into her mind like the sound of a busted gas pipe hissing into the silence. Her eyes zeroed in on the bloody knife type object in her hand. She bit her lip and tugged at a bit of her blonde hair.

“R-Reiko!” she stammered out. “I’m so glad to see someone I know, finally!” She conspicuously looked at the sai and tugged harder on her hair. “I know you aren’t a killer. You were probably just protecting yourself right? Right?”

That’s right. Put it down. Let me know I’m nice and safe. You aren’t a killer.
things
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sally took slow steps towards the smaller girl as she started to look through her bag. A glimmer of satisfaction lit up her eyes when she dropped the bloody instrument. She walked up behind the other girl, bent down and put her hands on the girl’s shoulders.

“You know, I could work with you. I could watch your back while we make our way through this game. I could be your ally, I could help.”

Her left hand slipped into her dress pocket and pulled out the silver, Tiffany charm necklace.

“I could…”

Her free hand wound it self into Reiko’s hair, softly entangling her fingers,

“But I’m not going to.”

She put her left hand on the other side of the girl’s slender throat, tossed the chain the short distance to her right hand that had made it’s way down to the other side of Reiko’s neck and pulled back, tightening the little silver links against her skin.
things
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sally continued to draw back on the necklace, leaning all of her weight back to get the maximum pull.

“Oh Reiko. Didn’t you know? Little Asian girls are best seen and not heard!”

She felt the unexpected blunt contact of something against her chin and when she looked back down there was nothing where once there was Reiko gasping for air. She spun on her heels, not wanting to lose track of her opponent. Just as she did, she was greeted with a surprise kick to the knee. Normally she would have been able to gracefully recover from the blow, but she felt her legs get pulled out from under her. Sally screamed at the sudden loss of her prized balance and fell face forward onto the ground.

She pushed herself up and turned her head to see what had got a hold of her. It was the girl that Reiko had stabbed earlier. Sally seethed and threw daggers with her eyes at the girl.

“I’ll be happy to show you into the grave since you’re an impatient little cunt,” she snarled.

She kicked at the girl with all her strength. She felt as the pointed tips of her pretty shoes became stuck in sinking flesh underfoot. Sally couldn’t quite make out what she had hit in her flurry of anger and blonde hair, but the girl still kept hold of her legs. She balled her fists and whined.

“Arrg, Get your filthy hands off of me!” she screamed.

Sally reached out for her bag which had fallen near hear, unzipped and pulled out the violin. She twisted her body as much as she could with the other girl still holding her and brought the violin down on her.

“Let go, let go, let go!”

She seemed almost panicked now as swung the violin down on the girl in no discernable pattern, nor with any real goal except to hit her as hard as she could. Somewhere in her flurry of beatings she heard a “crack.” Whether the crack came from the violin or from something in the other girl, she couldn’t know, nor did she care.
things
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ruggahissy
Member Avatar
i'm not upset
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Let go of m-!”

Sally’s last words dissolved into a bloody gurgle. To her, the first indication of anything wrong was her inability to complete her thought, then came the pain. She couldn’t even crane her neck down enough to see what it was that was blocking her airway and speech; all she could see was the handle of the weapon when she lowered her eyes down to their absolute lowest point. She struggled to breath, but each attempt raked at the object lodged in her throat. It mocked her as she tried desperately to breath, speak, turn, do anything.

Sally fell backwards so that she was flat on her back. Somewhere up above her she could make out the face of Reiko, starting to slowly fade away with everything. The pain, Reiko, her anger was all slipping out from her grasp. Her hand which was up at the protruding object, feeling the thing, slipped down from her throat, down her dress. The most expensive thing in the entire world was now streaked down her front and pouring from her neck, covering her in her precious little life.

Her body began to shake of its own accord, realizing now that there was no air. The aching in her lungs overpowered the sharp sting of metal cutting into her. As everything swam in her eyes and things began to grow dim the one clear feeling that she felt beyond all others was the disappointment that sank in her chest like a rock.

But….she cheated. I was the best this time! I would have won! I was the best....

After a moment all movement stopped. As the light left Girl #119’s eyes all she could think about was how she had been bested by Reiko Ishida, despite wanting it more, despite being better skilled, despite being stronger and smarter.

Again.

FEMALE STUDENT NO. 119- SALLY CONNELLEY- DECEASED
things
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Locked Topic