Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What She Came For
Topic Started: Aug 26 2010, 01:21 AM (1,633 Views)
Mr. Administration
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
((Lily Ainsworth continued from Death is not a Game))

Lily started off following the others, but once she buried her nose in the instruction manual for her assigned weapon, she had become more or less lost. She kicked herself, scowling as she hiked through the woods, stopping every so often to see if she could hear anyone. She sighed, stopping for a moment and leaning against one of the bigger trees to compose herself.

"Knowin' my luck, I've gone in the complete opposite direction." She sighed, dusting off the edges of her skirt. She reminded herself to change into clothes that were a little easier to move around in. "Well, A great novel is concerned primarily with the interior lives of its characters as they respond to the inconvenient narratives that fate imposes on them."

She giggled as this, straightening herself out and continuing on her way. "Thanks a bunch, Richard Schickel."

Ultimately, she had no say in how events would progress and in the end she was more than happy to go with the flow. It kept the undeniable terror at bay. Every so often, when her mind would wander, she'd find a tightness in her chest and a shortness of breath, but she just went over one of her quotes and she'd feel as right as rain again. The foliage shifted under her feet as she caught sight of an open area beyond the end of the woods.

She grunted as she climbed over a downed log, finally finding herself at the edge of a large expanse of open space and immediately before her was the tennis court, and on it was one Jamie Li. Lily recognized her instantly and thus placed immediate trust in the small girl. She stepped forth out of the woods, waving as she jogged over.

"Jamie! Hey!" She smiled politely, no malice in her gaze.
G121 - Lily Ainsworth - "Dipsydoodle, Tweedledee! Not a cloud that I can see!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Administration
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Lily smiled graciously at Jamie, eyes closing as she let out a slow breath of air. It took a lot of energy to remain as positive as she was, but she wouldn't stop now. Someone needed to stay happy, to keep everyone else feeling as good as possible for as long as possible. She needed them to be happy, or maybe she'd feel like she failed somehow. She shook her head briefly, clearing the thoughts from her head.

"I'm holdin' up well, I kind of made the luck of the draw with my weapon." She admitted, patting the side of her assigned bag. She made no movement to reach in and pull out the sub-machine gun, she didn't want to end up scaring Jamie off. She liked Jamie, she was an interesting girl who in Lily's eyes didn't get hung up on the same things most normal people did. Besides, if she remembered correctly, she wanted to be a wrestler and that was just plain nifty.

"I think I said some things when I woke up that might've scared a few people off, yeah?" She laughed lightly, rubbing at the back of her head. "You know how I get sometimes, just miles away."

She sighed, it wasn't easy for her to connect with people. So what she usually did is offer everything she has to make them happy and she wasn't about to go and start changing now. She set down her bag and sat down where she had once stood, taking a quick break.

"We've been walkin' forever and I could admittedly use a break." She laughed. Though Jamie's words did make sense. "I don't think they expect us to kill everyone." She sighed and began to use what she knew from her books.

"If anything, I think they expect most of us to die. I mean, imagine the screening process it must take for them to choose the contestants and think of how many students are here." The assembly flashed through her mind real quick. "There's at least two hundred of us here."

This was one of those moment when previously flighty Lily became serious, her words growing a logical edge.

"Yeah, they want us to kill each other." She nodded once, smiling weakly at Jamie.

"But I think they also want us to die."

Mr. Administration
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Lily watched Jamie make her way towards the edge of the island, out of sight and out of mind as it were. However, with the arrival of the new girl something was kicking at the inside of her head with full force. Lily struggled to her feet and bit her lip, giving Rekka one solid look as he was regaled with kisses from the girl.

"It looks like you found who you were looking for." She smiled softly, dipping low to hook her hands around her bag. "I don't know what I'm looking for yet, but I'm going to go try and find out."

With that, Lily once more made her way into the trees. For a moment she was there, but in the next she was swallowed by the countless branches.

((Lily Ainsworth continued in Walkabout.))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Greens · Next Topic »
Add Reply