Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Only Way Is Up; TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 21 2010, 11:56 AM (9,821 Views)
MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Liam "Brook" Brooks continued from Flowerhead))

Brook had not objected to the change of course when Jason suggested it. Then again, in his stage of mind, he probably would've jumped off of a cliff if Jason had asked him to. His state of mind was still locked in something that could easily be taken advantage of, and the worst part was that the gentle gardener was fully aware of it - he was aware of his weakness, his general uselessness, how he was so close to just crumpling into a lifeless ball of sobs until he had been pulled out of it by his friends.

He hated being that person. He yearned and starved for an ounce of strength, even just enough to put up a facade for Maf, Jason and Nathan, to show them that he could travel with them. He had shown them nothing but a nervous wreck, though, and continued to do so. To top it all off... against it all, in the face of all of this, they all seemed to still be supporting him.

It was then that it struck Brook; you made friends in high school, but in a place like this hell he had been placed in, that's where the friendships are tested.

As the four boys headed to their new destination, Brook had been doing one of two things. The first thing was toying with the weapon in his hand, which had been the only thing that he had kept out of his daypack. Everything else had to be shoved back in, including the manual, since it was a little hard to read it and work the gun at the same time while walking. The other thing he had been doing while idly manipulating the tool that he really didn't want to use was looking at his three companions, one after another.

You know what? We're... we're gonna be okay if we stick together. I just know it. I'm the weakest link right now, but I'll man up soon, I always do. Just... I have to fight through this panic. I WILL fight through this!

Once they had actually arrived at the mountain (at least, Brook guessed it was THE mountain... it was the only remotely mountainous area he had seen, even if the peak was a little less than profound), Brook's enthusiasm began to bolster. All four of them were in pretty good shape, since they were all either on track, cross country, or football. All athletic kids, all armed with guns... it only further convinced Brook that everything was simply meant to be okay. He would be fine, all they had to do was find somewhere safe, all learn how to use their weapons, and scare everybody away!

Then Jason began to climb a rocky ledge.

Well, THIS certainly had deja vu written all over it. Brook's eyes were locked on Jason, hoping that in some convoluted way, his gaze would lock Jason to the ledge and prevent him from falling off. The other boy's hands went to his eyes, then signalled 'four'.

.... Four what?

Brook mulled that over for a bit, then nearly slapped himself. Four of what... HONESTLY. There were four students over the ledge Jason was looking at, though that didn't help with with who they were. Earlier, his ears caught a male voice, maybe another male voice, but Brook recognized neither right off the bat. Kids here sounded... different. The amount of stress imbued in their bodies changed them for the worse, making them darker, more sullen.

In anticipation for things going horribly wrong, Brook readied his weapon. He wasn't even sure it was loaded properly yet, but the gun seemed a bit heavier then he thought it should have been (it just looked... so small and pathetic). He also couldn't find a safety anywhere on the weapon, but according to the others, there was supposed to be a button somewhere that would unlock it or... something. Brook really wasn't sure, as the others' guns just looked so much better. Maybe his was old, or homemade, or something, and really had no safety.

... Well. That was just dangerous.
Edited by MK Kilmarnock, Sep 1 2010, 09:16 AM.
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brook hardly needed any significant prodding to get him to join Jason and Maf atop the hill. He had forced down a small, squeaky yell when Maf had gone after Jason so suddenly, as that's when he had known that they had truly been found.

Shit... that isn't good, that isn't good, this isn't good at all! Game over... what if one of them has a gun!? I mean, we all have guns... then again, Jimmy sounded so surprised...

That voice was definitely unmistakable; as Brook began to press his way on up the ridge to reach Nathan and Maf, he had already expected to see Jimmy. I'm coming, guys, I'll help you! Brook thought frantically. He wanted to yell it, wheeze it, something to let Jason know that Brook had his back just like Jason had his earlier, but the fear of revealing himself and conservation of breath both limited him from doing anything of the sort. Still, with his athletic cross-country running background, he had the endurance and drive to push onward until he was near the top, slowing down to find his footing among the more precarious terrain.

"I'm here... I'm here!" Brook said, his voice finding some resolve, finally... he was not a pansy, he was a mighty zinnia! ... Wait... no, flowers were pretty wussy in general, as pretty as they were. He was... uh... a cactus. A cactus preparing to stab somebody in the throat at any moment should they threaten his friends. Whatever plant he thought he could identify with, the point was that Brook had found new strength, a goal to keep his mind from succumbing to the fact that this wasn't just one big, mildly dangerous outing of high-pain paintball. Brook managed to stand directly atop the ridge alongside his two friends, pointing the small gun in his hands downward, but not at anybody in particular.

"Al-" He croaked, then cleared his throat. This had to be loud... to be convincing.

"A... ALRIGHT, GUYS!" Brook yelled in order to compensate for the distance between the two groups. "Look, we don't wanna hurt anybody, okay? Jimmy, you're pretty cool! I think you're hilarious in class, so just.. calm down, alright? Leila? Jeremy, you know me!" Brook looked to Cody, but thought it wise not to say anything about him, since it wouldn't really come out as sincere... he wasn't too fond of the crazy, suspicious fellow. Wasn't extremely fond of Jeremy either, but as long as the two stayed out of each other's way, no harm done, right?

"So... just slowly show us what you got for weapons, alright? We don't need any of us being killed... and I'm sure you don't need any of YOU being killed." Brook gulped, he was doing pretty good, but it seemed like his composure was finally giving out in such a potentially violent situation.

"Right guys?"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brook lowered his gun when tensions seemed to have dropped to the point where pointing the cursed thing seemed a bit... ridiculous. He was always careful to not point it at anybody, but Jimmy and others seemed to think that his mere armorment meant that he was liable to pop off at any moment and cap them in the head. No.... no, of course not, he wouldn't do that! Brook couldn't dream of shooting any of them, even if it was so easy as to point the small chunk of metal in his hands at them, maybe give a nice, friendly smile, and pull the trigger... no more Leila, or Jimmy, or Jeremy, or whoever the fuck he wanted to kill.

He had the gun, HE had the power. Even if the gun was a shitty-ass chunk of metal that nobody really wanted, not even him, but he had to keep holding onto it so nobody else could have it and possibly use it against him.

Whatever may happen, the gun was still lowered, and Brook did his best to listen and keep himself moderately sane as he listened to the profoundly stupid things that leaked out of Jimmy, Leila and Jeremy. Jimmy, for some reason, had gone completely Dr. Rockso on everybody, and had probably found some sort of narcotic plant somewhere on the island. Brook could think of a few possibilities that would exist in the temperate zone, but they all seemed a bit weak. All of a sudden, he really wished he could find a black birch tree so he could chew on the bark...

Oh, then there was Leila, who somehow decided that begging everybody to rape her was a great idea. Brook looked back and forth between Leila and Jason, basically in some stunned mix of disbelief and 'seriously-what-the-fuck', which was only amplified by some strange look of amusement on Jason's face. He wasn't seriously... contemplating it, was he? Brook chuckled.... No, wait, what the hell... Jason finds that as ridiculous as I do... Leila's just gone bat-shit insane, just like the rest of us. No, I haven't... I'm still here, still among the land of the non-institutionalized. Not like those guys down there... they're like apples, apples all infected with some sort of insanity sickness that spreads from one inhabitant of the barrel to the next.

Then, of course, Jeremy's proposal. Brook was about to respond to it with a re-drawing of his gun and a nice, cool-sounding 'how about nooooo' which, in retrospect, probably would've sounded like Dr. Evil said it. Luckily, Jason beat him to the punch and was... agreeing with it? Brook jerked his head and looked at Jason.

"I dunno man, seems like a pretty good idea. I mean we really don't know what we're doing and..."

Brook was getting ready to smack Jason with the nearest rock, person or tree branch he could find and bitch him out for saying something so incredibly dumb when Jason turned to Jeremy, then revealed that he thought it was a stupid fucking idea to start with. Of course... Brook mentally punished himself for doubting Jason. Sure, he had done things in the past, each holding completely ridiculous magnitudes of stupidity (especially that damned mountain trip looking for the heather), but surely Jason wasn't capable of something so completely mind-numbingly retarded as giving the reins over to somebody outside the group. Brook relaxed his shoulders and allowed himself to laugh, feeling closer like the guy who used to go to Bayview High School and who worked at a nursery more than he had been during his entire stay in this hell.

The relaxation was cut short as soon as it had happened, though, as Jason extended the invitation for Leila to stay with them. Uh... safety's great and all that, but I'm starting to think Jason's really considering Leila's... oh man, I hope he isn't... if he tried to do anything to her, I'd have to talk some sense into him. At least, I'm hoping that's as far as it goes...

"Okay, so... whew, glad all that tension's over..." Brook gave another nervous giggle, keeping the gun lowered, his finger far away from the trigger. "I guess we can all try and co-exist for a while. I mean... come on, we all went to school together. It's fine, we're not the sort to hurt each other.. don't let some creepy old fucks give us a ton of paranoia, okay? We aren't those kids in the video. We're not gonna hurt each either, I mean... I can't even think about that. So let's just rest!"
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A sigh left Brook's mouth when he realized the party was about to be broken up. Jeremy had left, but not without heading up to give Brook a little parting gift in the form of... a business card? The boy looked over it confusingly, but waited for Jeremy to head on his way before turning it around to look at the back of it. He looked, for quite some time, at the back of that stupid card, then to Jason, then to the card, and put it in his pocket, his face sullened up into a glare at Jeremy's departing form.

Wow... asshole...

The taller boy looked down to Jason again as the Aussie made his way back up the ridge to hold the shoulders of both Brook and Maf. "Sometimes, Jason... j-just sometimes, I think you watch too many movies!" Brook laughed. How the hell was he supposed to understand all these fancy hand signals when he hardly even knew about their existence? All in all, the situations the four of them were running into were... humorous. Jimmy was being an idiot, Leila's apparently decided to read the Book of Rosa, and Jeremy thought he could be a regular Rockefeller. Put it all together, and Brook had a hefty disctraction from the fact that they were all supposed to be killing each other.

They had the means to do it, too. Hell, with four guns, the 'flowerheads' (as they were apparently called, according to what he heard today) could've taken on anybody. Leila, Cody, Jimmy and Jeremy didn't seem to have a single gun between them, so that wasn't exactly the epitome of a difficult (or fair, for that matter) fight. Yet, they hadn't blown anybody's brains out, so... that meant nobody had really killed anybody. At least, not that Brook had seen, so... things were honestly looking up! Everything was going to be okay.

Tiffany was okay, he hoped.

((Liam "Brook" Brooks continued elsewhere))
V6 Tributes

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply