Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Only Way Is Up; TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 21 2010, 11:56 AM (9,520 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan hadn't really said anything against going up the mountain. In fact he was glad that they had gone that way instead of the town. Towns brought crowds, and crowds inevitably had people that were all to willing to let loose their weapons on him and his buddies. To be sure he didn't want to deal with that at all.

The climb was long and slightly tiring. He was more known as a sprinter than one that would handle long distance races. Add to the fact that there was elevation as well and he was feeling a little winded. He took a swig of water when they stopped and sat down to catch his breath.

Nathan was surprised that Jason figured he'd be best to be their second in command and start making some decisions for the group. He wasn't exactly leader material, at least thats what he thought. He wasn't meant to take a roll of leadership, he was just going to follow his friends because, well, it certainly beat sitting around and waiting for the timid kid that nobody liked to come to the decision that everyone should die because they didn't add him on facebook or talk to him in the hallways.

Before he could say to much about his newly appointed position. Jason was off, "scouting" apparently. Nathan wasn't exactly keen on that idea. If the leader was the one scouting and he found a player and didn't come back...

Ugh Nathan stop that...

Jason continued to scramble up the face, it looked like he had heard something. His body began to tense up, it was only natural, the fear of what was just over that ridge...

When their scout and leader turned back to them he raised up four fingers which Nathan assumed meant that there were four people on the other side. He confirmed this by mouthing the words, but he neglected to say if they were armed. Well, it was at least something, now all Jason needed to do was go down and...

Nathan heard something ruffling right beside him, which caused him to whip his head to the side and saw Brook looking at his gun. His eyes began to widen and he let out a low hiss.

"Dude," he whispered, "What the hell are you doing? We don't know what's out there yet!"

"No no no, see, listen. Not everyone is as lucky as you all, coming across me. Down there, people are getting their faces ripped off and y'know, all that bad shit. See, I've already had to fight for my life, I'm not even jokin'. They underestimated me, which is what I was expecting. See, I don't mean to brag, but I'm one helluva fighter. I know all about street fighting an' all that, I can probably drop a guy in a punch- I mean, if I WANTED to. Point is, I'm the good guy. Only problem is uh- I gave my weapon to some other kid, because he got a shitty one. He'll last longer that way. He'll still die, but y'know. It's the thought that counts really. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, walking wherever is a stupid idea. You gotta' have a plan. I've been all over this Island, I found a really good safe house. You can wait there, get a few days rest or whatever. I'll take you to it- if you give me that sick-ass Ax you're carrying. Sound like a fair deal?"

Nathan turned back to where Jason was (still) lying, the voice was familiar, it took a moment for him to realize it and then it came to him...

"Is that...Is that that tool Jimmy Brennan?" he mumbled.

Jimmy was one of those guys who did nothing but boast in the weight room during their younger years at Bayview. Then we he pissed someone off he didn't back it up and just ran with his tail between his legs. He hadn't really done much recently, just kinda kept quiet, which was admittedly best for the whole school in his opinion.

"Well this is just perfect... Oi, Jason," he said, trying to keep as quiet as possible, "Just get back he-"

"Oh shit! GUN! Gun! Shit, shit, Jason got a gun!"

Nathan groaned, "God fucking damn it..."
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan listened in as he heard the familiar voice of Jeremy Franco speaking up to try to negotiate with Jason. Great, just great, they seemed to be caught up in a Mexican standoff. Jason, their leader on one side and Jeremy, an excited Leila Langford and Jimmy fucking Brennan on the other...how wonderful.

On the other hand Jason was a reasonable talker, Nathan was sure he would be able to talk like a reasonable human being and diffuse this situation...

"Stop right there criminal scum!"

Nathan was not sure as to what exactly a brain aneurysm felt like, but he was sure that he was nearing something close now. He felt his hand slowly grasping for the bridge of his nose, pushing his glasses up ever so slightly, letting a low groan escape from his lips. Jason was a wonderful friend, his attempt to cheer people up with unorthodox but usually pretty effective, but right now, this was not the way to solve their newfound problem.

Nathan took a deep breath and turned back to Jason. What would Geoffrey do in this situation?

Well...I guess he would try and diffuse the situation somehow...

He turned back around to look to Maf and Brook, "Okay guys, I'm going to try and bail out Jason here, you guys jus-"

The two of them were gone. He turned his head back, and there they were, staring down towards the group and both of them had their guns pointed out.

"No no no no," he began to say rushing up towards the three of them. He heard Brook say something, but he didn't quite hear what he was saying his thoughts had him a little preoccupied at that moment.

Fuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkk

There they were, Leila, Jeremy and Jimmy standing there staring up right at them. Cody Jenkins was there as well, but he seemed to be leaving, but the tension was still there, hanging like a dense cloud precariously placed precisely over Nathan's head.

Nathan had to think fast now that he was here, things were going to go wrong real fast unless he did something about it. Instinct told him to raise his palms out to face the guys that were already there he was about to speak again when Jimmy began to spout off again. The dude looked like hell had run him over and he clearly wasn't in the mood for this. He couldn't blame him, but there was no way that he would be level headed if he had a gun in his hands.

"Whoa whoa whoa, dudes, hold everything!" Nathan began, looking to his friends before looking down to the other three, he sucked in a bunch of air before trying his hardest to diffuse what was going on.

"Ok dudes, first things first, Jimmy, calm the fuck down, we ain't killed anybody, and we ain't going to start it so calm down! We were just passing through and honestly, we're trying to find a place to hole up, hell maybe even find a way outta here if we could. Look if you have a place to go that's just peachy and I would love to go there..."

Nathan thought about mentioning the gun, but common sense told him that telling that to Jimmy fucking Brennan was just asking for it.

"Unfortunately I got nothing, I just got a yo-yo. Tossed the stupid thing out...So...here we are...I guess..."

Please work damn it...I don't want to have to deal with this shit...
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan Choultard's frustration levels were growing. He was not cut out to be a hostage negotiator. Hell, he was not even built to to defuse a powder keg situation like this. At least they were able to buy that he had a yo-yo at one point, which was one of the only things going right here.

And then it went back to hell...

First, there was Leila. She was doing some sort of weird model-like posing as if she was some sort perfume model or something. Then she opened her mouth. He was stunned at first, caught up in the sheer insanity of what she had just suggested and then he felt a wave of irritation running from his head to his toes. Sure, the girl was pretty, but did she really think that the four of them would force themselves on her. On the other hand, how could they really leave her alone, the four of them wouldn't do it, but someone could and the thought of that was disconcerting to say the least.

Jason seemed to be fine with her coming along, which made Nathan a little more at ease. Better to let him decide on whether they would keep others than he would. He was no leader, Jason was.

He wanted to say something, but Jeremy decided now would be the time to insert his opinions. So he had a cane? That was okay. He wanted to be a leader? Well that was...not exactly necessary, Jason had done pretty good for them so far and he didn't think that the group really needed another one really, still there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with having another person to the group, but he could smell the sleaze pouring out of his mouth when he went on about being brothers and then not so subtly jabbing that baseball was better than track, the only thing he found himself agreeing with.

Thanks Geoffrey...

The more Jeremy talked, the more Nathan didn't like him coming along, but then Jason said that he thought that was a good offer...

Wait what!

Nathan whipped his body around and fired a sharp look. Jason was a bright guy, he would know better to accept that proposal. He couldn't have possibly been duped by...

"Seriously Jeremy that has got to be the worst pitch I have ever heard in my entire life. We've got this covered."

Nathan could practically hear the air coming out of his lungs. He had now over the course of about three minutes had an aneurysm and a heart attack. His friends were great, but at times bad for his health. He was happy that he idea to get the hell out of this place and go was something he was fine with, even if they were to add Leila and the increasingly suspicious Jeremy.

He was more pleased to find Brook and Maf seemed fine with it too, with their approval, he was going to agree that they should leave when...

"GUH."

Oh that's right...Jimmy's still here...

He really, really, really didn't want to have to deal with him. He wanted to just leave him be, ignore the little pain in the ass, the little liability waiting to happen. However this place was terrible, and in all likelihood, the poor guy would die from some sociopath with a shotgun.

Why did they always get the shotgun anyways?

He cleared the errant thought out of his head and let out a sigh. He couldn't believe he was about to bring Jimmy into sitting down on the sloped face staring at the three of them.

"Okay look dudes, there is no need for any kinda leadership changes right now, but here we go. At this point we're gonna get the hell outta here, but here we go. You all can come hang with us at this point, we're going to make camp...somewhere I don't know, but you can come...if you want...Anyways, I think we're going to make our way out now, so, if you follow, you follow, we're probably not going to stop for you if you don't come, but the offer stands..."

He got up and heaved a heavy sigh, moving back to his friends. He put an arm to his head and wiped fresh layer of sweat running down his forehead. He was not built for this, he wanted to avoid situations like this as often as possible.

"Ok guys," he whispered, grabbing his bag and looping it up around his shoulders, "Let's just get out of here, I'm fucking tired, and if you have any problems with them coming with us...just lets deal with that later."

He let out another heavy sigh, and starting to make his way to wherever looked like a decent campsite.

I'm not meant for this...

((Nathan Choultard continued elsewhere...))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Add Reply