Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bats & Rats & Blind Cave Salamanders; B038 Start
Topic Started: Aug 15 2010, 02:12 AM (4,761 Views)
Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
[[Gloria Benson G051, start]]

"Help me, help me, help me..."

Gloria stumbled, uncharacteristically, through the tunnels, groping her way along the walls and trying not to choke on her own cries. The duffel bag she'd awoken with was slung over her back like a knapsack, one of the straps sitting around her left arm. The bag kept slipping off and hitting her side, but every time that happened she pushed it back. It was a stupid thing to worry about, but Gloria needed something--anything to take her mind off of this. "Help me, help me, God help me..." she whimpered again, couching a bit before sobbing.

Tears poured down her face as she tried to deny it, tried to force herself to wake up. Her cheeks stung, as she'd slapped herself several times in her mad hopes she was dreaming. She could barely see anything anyway, what with the darkness of the tunnels, but it was even worse now-her tears had gotten her glasses wet and they'd fogged up a bit. Letting out another choked cry, Gloria felt for the wall of the tunnel, missed it as it suddenly turned off another direction, and fell to the ground with a thud. She lay there, curling into a ball before letting out an animalistic, hysterical cry.

"HELP MEEEE!" she screamed, sobbing hoarsely, hands over her ears.
Edited by Moth, Aug 16 2010, 01:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Shortly after she'd screamed for help, Gloria heard footsteps--and then a voice. But in this place, with this game, she didn't know if that was an act of God or Satan. Either one of them could be toying with her right now, maybe both of them were. Question was who had sent THIS person. The bespectacled girl looked up sharply, wiping the tears off her glasses fiercely, leaving wet tracks on the glass.

A girl...not that a girl couldn't be capable of cold-blooded murder, but somehow, in Gloria's mind, they seemed less likely. A girl could be compassionate...maybe? The way the light hit Jessie's face made Gloria flinch, her heart hammer, but it was better than nothing at all--better than there only being the sound of her skull cracked in or something. "J-Jessie..." she whimpered, trembling slowing a little. She still didn't uncurl herself from her little ball, however. "Nngh...I--I'm..."

The tears came faster now, Gloria's sobs coming fast again, making her cough and sputter--Gloria was sure that was horribly unattractive. "D--Don't hurt me...p-p-ple-please don't h-hurt me!" She grabbed at her bag, but didn't move it. "D-Do-Don't..."

But wait...Jessie didn't have a weapon out...just that flashlight, and if she smacked Gloria with it, then the light would go out, and then she'd never get out of the tunnels, and... "Y-Y-You won't...P-promise you w-won't...?" she sobbed, a bit quieter. "J-Just wan-wanna go home..."

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
More people. Gloria whipped her head towards the sounds, some of the hair that escaped her ponytail falling over her forehead and sticking there thanks to the sweat she'd been working up. She hugged herself tighter, breathing harsh and irregular, and even though the newcomer (I don't recognize this one...I don't know this one! she thought in a panic) claimed he wouldn't kill them, Gloria drew back away from him.

She'd like to trust people-but her friends, or anyone she was acquainted with. Strangers, she didn't know. They'd want to kill her, not anyone else. My friends...Simon, Dirk, Rob...where are you? Gloria couldn't help but wonder. She hoped they were alright...they'd have to find each other soon-stick together.

"W-We're...i-in d-d-d-dark..." Gloria whispered, shaking a bit again. "N-Nothing but d-d-dark and cold...I-I don't...d-d-don't l-like cold," she hiccuped.

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Gloria nodded, hands over her face as she tried to dry the tears on her cheeks--more of a vanity thing than wanting to pull herself together. Hah. Pull herself together...that wasn't going to happen. Not in this situation, hell no.

I bet Dad woulda handled this a lot better, she thought suddenly, and her crying and sniffling decreased, just a little bit. "I...g-gotta get out...get us out," she whimpered. "P-Please get us out?" she begged, turning her face up to stare at Quincy. She wanted to go outside, where it was lighter--

"W-Wait, don't!" she changed her mind, eyes going wide as she realized--going outside meant she'd go where the other people where, the more dangerous ones that weren't her friends, the bullies...she'd die. She didn't want to die! "I..I don't wanna go o-out th-theere an-a-and die! B-But it's d-d-dark in he...here and I d-don't.." Gloria shook her head suddenly, curling into a ball. Oh God, she didn't know what she wanted. All she knew was she wanted to feel safe, and to make it out of this alive.

"S-someone...so-someone d-d-decide...h-help..."

[[Oh, man, I hope you're okay! D:]]
Edited by Moth, Sep 12 2010, 03:29 AM.

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Jessie was right...Gloria didn't want to go outside, where it'd be more crowded and the odds of getting killed were more and more likely, but Jessie was right. Trying to stifle her sobs, choking on them a few times, she allowed herself to be helped to her feet. Gloria swayed a bit when she stood, bracing herself against the wall of the tunnel for a few moments, head bowed. Calm down...don't make anyone here angry... she thought to herself, trying not to panic, not to cry much longer.

"T-t-tear up...u-up maga-gazines?" she repeated, lifting her head a little, wiping her runny nose--getting her sleeve wet, but she didn't care. There was even more important things--worse things--to be worried about. "B-but what...what i-i-if someone e-else finds...f-finds them?" she whimpered. They'd follow them out, a crazy person would, and blow their brains out. Or behead them. And the same person would follow the footprints they left on the beach, and...

Gloria shook her head, suddenly diving into her daypack, shoving things aside in a desperate search for her weapon. She didn't want to take it out, didn't want to use it, but if it was in the name of self-defense...Maybe I can just...just incapacitate them. I don't have to kill anyone, do I? I can just hurt someone--not seriously!--and run away. Yeah... She finally found something, pulling out the weapon assigned to her--a gun.

Trying her damndest not to scream in horror, Gloria tightened her grip on it, shaking violently. Whoever it was that assigned weapons...they had a really, really bad sense of humor. "I...I wanna g-go...go now... Wa-wanna go home..." she whispered, rising to her feet again, bag on her back, gun held in two trembling hands.

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Oh God, they didn't think....GLoria's eyes went wider, and she shook her head wildly, turning the gun to aim at the ground. "N-No...No, i-it's not wh-wh-what...what y-you think!" She took a nervous step backwards, swallowing, trying to calm her rapidly-beating heart. She wasn't trying to hurt anyone--not anyone here! They weren't doing anything to her...they just wanted to help, she would never--!

"I-It's not...n-not for you! I-It's...o-others...out-outside..the b-bad ones...I-It's just s-self-defense!" she stuttered, shaking her head again. Keeping the gun pointed at her feet, she hugged it closer to her chest, looking at everyone in turn desperately. "I..self-defense...outside...n-not you, n-never y-y-you all..." she whispered, hoping everyone understood.

She saw another girl--someone she hadn't really noticed--start to walk out of the tunnels...she'd lead them to a way out, right?

Moth
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Gloria nodded, choking back more tears, just relieved that they seemed to believe her. She still wasn't giving up her gun--The thing that killed Dad. Weird how she wanted nothing more than to hold onto it now. She almost hoped it was loaded--but if not, perhaps she could bluff someone? No, best to load it ASAP, when they got out of the tunnels.

She moved the gun to one hand, keeping it aimed harmlessly at the floor, wiping her eyes and then nose on her sleeve. Nodding and following after the group, she kept darting her eyes around, half-suspecting someone would jump out of the darkness and jump them all. Half-thinking that any second now there'd be an axe going through her skull or something. The thought made her start crying again, though more quietly.

"Hey! Hey guys, we're almost out!"

"R-Really?!" Gloria cried. She quickened her pace a bit, duffel banging against her hip as she jogged a little ahead, smiling tearfully as she saw the sky outside. She was out of the dark, oh, thank God!

....Only problem was, now she was in a wide-open area.

[[Gloria Benson continued in I Swear I Won't Shoot.]]
Edited by Moth, Oct 12 2010, 08:09 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply