Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bats & Rats & Blind Cave Salamanders; B038 Start
Topic Started: Aug 15 2010, 02:12 AM (4,672 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
B030 - Start

Quincy was not at all happy. He'd been looking forward to this trip. Then after Prom, he'd wanted to use it as a chance to see if he could find out what had happened to Felicia. He'd felt so dumb at prom - requesting that old Sam Cooke song, and then she didn't come back to hear it. Ever since then, she'd been avoiding him, and he'd been trailing around like a puppy, trying to get close to her. He thought that the trip would be the perfect chance.

Of course, things didn't work out quite that way. She avoided him on the bus, and then, well, a lot of things had happened since then. He hadn't seen her at all during 'the talk'. Now it looked like he was never going to figure out where things stood between them.

He awoke with his head aching, a sharp pain in his neck, and blind. No, not blind. It was just dark. Night? Too dark for that, although he didn't rule it out. Inside? Too cold, damp, and rough. Underground then. Great, they were supposed to fight each other in caves and mines. Bloody useless.

His eyes were adjusting to the gloom, and he could get a sense of where he was now. It was a tunnel. Most likely from a mine. Small, dark, close. Why on earth had he been dumped in there? It didn't matter at the moment. What did was finding a way out. He stumbled over towards a wall and put his hand out to touch it. It wasn't much, but it was enough to help him get his bearings and keep his balance. He could search his bag once he found some light, see what he'd been given as a weapon.

A weapon? Of course. He would need to fight, to be able to survive, He didn't doubt for a second that others in the class wouldn't hesitate to take him out, and he needed to be prepared to defend himself. He figured in here he stood as much of a chance without a weapon as with one, so wait until he got out, then plan from there. There was a slight slope to the floor, so he headed up.

After a few hundred metres, he heard a voice. Someone was crying. A girl. Damn. As much as he wanted to be tough, to go over there and snap her neck, he knew he couldn't. Not while she was defenceless. Killing in self defence was one thing, something he doubted he'd have a problem with, but in cold blood was different. He headed off towards the sound of the scream, cursing himself for being so stupid, barely noticing the light in the distance.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
There were clearly more people down here than he'd anticipated. The light was moving closer now, and the crying seemed to have stopped. Quince hoped that he wouldn't be needed, and could possibly get by without being noticed. After all, what better way to draw potential victims to you?

Still, he needed to find a way out. And most of the class wouldn't be playing. Odds were he'd be safe. And if not, well, he was probably as able as any of them to win down in close quarters like this, as long as nobody had a gun.

He approached the light, hands up and open. "Hey guys" It was kids he recognised. Of course it was. Kids from his school. Kids that were most likely days from death. Gloria and Jessie. He'd never been close to either of them. That wasn't a good start. Neither of them wouldn't have any reason to trust him. Still, he was here now. And while he could probably take both of them on, he was sure he could use them.

"I ain't gonna kill you. Don't worry." He hoped he sounded sincere as he approached the group. His eyes were still adjusting to the new light source, so he was blinking as he moved closer to them all. "Any thoughts where we are?"
Edited by Killer_Moth, Aug 28 2010, 06:07 PM.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
So, the girls were not in a good place right now. Damn. They were useless to him then. Still, he didn't want to get it out that he was killing people. It would make getting allies harder when it came to it. He could just leave them, but he had nowhere to go.

How long had it been since he would have just abandoned the pair of them and walked on. He was getting sentimental and soft now that school was closing. What did these girls mean to him? Nothing. And if he helped them, he would probably end up getting caught up in trouble down the line. Still, he wasn't going to abandon them here.

"OK. We are getting out of here." Quince leant down to Jessie, extending his arms to her, hoping that she would let herself get pulled up, so that she would start to move. "I reckon we can keep following this slope up. Don't know if it'll get us out, but it's better than the alternative. Anybody got something we can use to mark our path, make sure we don't go over old ground?"
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Quince rolled his eyes at the sandcastles comment. They were in a nasty situation, and she was making jokes. He hoped that nobody saw his reaction in the dim light. At least Helen was offering useful suggestions, like directions. But there was something about it that he didn't like. "Apparently? Where you getting your info from, Helen?" The fact that there was another guy who appeared behind her immediately put him on the defensive. He wasn't getting a threat vibe, but it paid to be cautious.

At least Jessie was being useful and helpful. "OK. We can use the magazines. But sparingly. If Helen's wrong about where we go, we don't want to end up running out." The plan was good, solid. One that they could use. Maybe he could hang around with this group for a while. At least Jessie was trying to take charge of them. Good, it meant that he didn't have to.

Then there was Gloria, still sobbing on the ground. Quince was willing to write her off as dead weight, and half tempted to just off her there and then. He'd seen enough films to know what a liability she was. "And Gloria, we need to find a way out of here. If you want to stay here and take your chances that's one thing. But if they make this a danger zone, I'd rather not be caught looking for an escape while my head blows up, you hear." Harsh, but he hoped it would shock some sense into her. Or at least scare her the right way, to get her up and moving with them. He didn't have time to worry about a scared girls feelings.

He picked up his backpack, and hoisted it onto his shoulders. He noticed Gloria was getting up, and then noticed what she was holding. Damn, maybe he had been too hard on her after all. "Gloria, what are you doing? You don't want to be pointing that thing at anybody. Not now. We'll get you out of here, and then…" He didn't want to promise that they would get home. But that gun. It could give him the edge. He didn't know what his own weapon was, he admitted to himself, but a girl like that waving a gun around was not going to help anybody. "Give me the gun. I'll look after you."

And then there was a familiar voice. "Felicia?" No, he'd hoped too soon. It was Tiffany. Still, he was glad to see her, and that she was ok. She'd been such a good friend after Prom. He wanted to run to her, hug her, reassure her that it would all be ok from here. But he couldn't. Not while Gloria was still armed. "Tiffany. Really good to see you too babe. You got a way out of here?"
Chars:

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Quince had really had about enough of this. The longer they stood debating every single point gave somebody more chance to sneak up and attack. That was something he'd rather avoid. As for Gloria and her gun, he wanted that piece, and was reasonably certain that he could take it from her if he really wanted to. The problem was everybody else. While he figured he had as good a chance of coming out ahead as of being shot, he still didn't like those odds.

"OK. You keep it. But if you want it to do the most good, then I figure I'll be less likely to hit one of us with it. Now come on, enough already. Let's move." He could always find a better way to get the gun at another time. Now would just be too much hassle.

He grinned at Tiffany and her worries about 'the outside world'. "Fighting I can handle. You should know that." He turned from the rest of the group and followed Tiffany as she led him into the light.

((Quincy Jones cont'd in Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows))
Edited by Killer_Moth, Oct 4 2010, 04:38 PM.
Chars:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply