Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bats & Rats & Blind Cave Salamanders; B038 Start
Topic Started: Aug 15 2010, 02:12 AM (4,772 Views)
TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((B038 - Charles Richard Dawson - Start))

Charles Richard Dawson was deeply regretting taking this "shortcut" through the tunnels.

He had woken up awhile ago, at the entrance to the tunnel. After looking at the map, his surroundings, and his compass, Charles thought he knew where he was; on the opposite side of the mountain from any place he might want to be. The solution to that predicament seemed obvious; grab the flashlight and go through the tunnel! Except it turned out not to be that simple, and now he was completely lost.

When he reached a fork in the tunnel he sat down, hoping someone who knew a way out would soon find him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Charles sat quietly, with his eyes closed, listening to the sounds of the tunnels.... Someone was crying for help, but where? Which of the tunnels was the sound coming from? Could they help him? Could he help them? Both?

Charles also heard footsteps. Multiple sets, there was more than one person nearby. One set in particular seemed very close. The owner of the footsteps soon appeared and spoke, breaking Charles of his focus.

"Not that I am too inclined to help another player, but using a flashlight in the tunnels is tantamount to broadcasting your position to the whole world."

"That's the intent really," he said, opening his eyes and looking at the boy he was responding to, "I took a little shortcut through these tunnels and now I'm lost. Finding other people, or having other people find me, makes it more likely I'll find a way out...."

After a moments hesitation he added "And if they're playing, well... I don't figure I'd last long in this game anyway, seeing a person before my end would bring a little more comfort than dying alone in these tunnels after days of being lost."

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
((Sorry for the really half-assed post, couldn't think of anything and needed to post quickly))

"You want to die at the hands of the first person you see?"

"Not really, but it's preferable to dying of starvation, or thirst, or danger zone, all alone and deep in the bowels of the Earth just because I couldn't find my way to the surface." Charles responded.

"Seems like a stupid idea to me, I'd much rather die in the sunlight, you know."

"Me too, I figure if the light attracts someone friendly they might be able to lead me to the surface, if not, then at least I'm not alone when I die, you know?"

"If you've had that light on, have you had time to check your map?"

"I checked it before I came down here. I woke up on the north-western area of the mountains, near a tunnel entrance, and when I figured out where I was I decided I wanted to be on the eastern side of the island. Then I decided to take a shortcut, and now I'm lost. Even if they had a map of the tunnel network, and I didn't see one, by the way, I still would be opening it up too late to figure out where I am so... whatever."

"Naoko Raidon, B054, according to my bag. And you are?"

"Charles Richard Dawson," he started, glancing at his bag for his number, "...B038, it seems."

Just then a girl came into the intersection who knew both of them. She must share a class with us. Charles thought, searching his mind for a name... Helen, was it?

"Anyone know the way out?" The girl asked.

"Sorry, I'm as lost as you are," He responded, then asking, "Anyone have any ideas to remedy this?"

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Charles stood up and followed Helen down the tunnel. He hadn't been sure that they would find the other voices that they were hearing when they reached the end of the tunnel, but the girl's intuition proved correct.

He stayed silent as they tried to convince one of the girls to go to the surface. He suddenly felt the need to speak up.

"Listen, okay, you're no safer down here than you are up on the surface. But if we're on the surface we can at least see where everything is, you know?" He argued, "So come on, the exit's supposed to be this way!"

He motioned with his hand and walked down the tunnel, stopping when he got to the area he had been before. He should wait until everyone got there before continuing.

TDS
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
"What's taking so long?" Charles whispered to himself impatiently. "With what they were saying I thought we'd be leaving soon."

Charles started anxiously pacing in the small intersection.

"They wouldn't mind if I waited at the surface, would they? We're supposed to be pretty close and I need to see some sunlight...."

He stopped and thought a moment. Finally coming to a decision, he checked to make sure he had all his things.

"Let's see... It was this way right?"

Then, full of confidence, Charles Richard Dawson strode steadily down the tunnel in front of him... unfortunately for him that tunnel was not the one he had been told about, and he was heading deeper into the tunnels.

((Charles Richard Dawson continued in instinct•algorithm))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply