Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Under The Sea Is Where No One Wants To Be; THREAD CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 07:10 PM (3,639 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She was sleeping... but a noise was bugging her.

It sounded like something was swooshing, or being moved around. She really wasn't sure what it was, and to be honest, she really wasn't in the best state of mind to figure out what that was. All she wanted to do right now was continue sleeping. My, was that a nice soft mattress she was sitting on? It felt kind of cool and lumpy, though. And that was an interesting air conditioner her mom must have put in her room, as it smelt kind of salty. Some of it did not seem right, though. The salty smell... the noises of things being moved around... the feel of the mattress... it really made her nervous, as if it reminded her of something she did not want to.

And that's when Carol Burke opened her eyes and saw that she was lying headfirst in... sand? The sound was continuing... what was it? She placed herself upwards in a criss-cross apple sauce position, rubbing her head for a few seconds, and once she looked up she saw something she did not want to see.

Water. Lots of it.

You see, Carol had suffered from a phobia ever since middle school. One summer, she had attempted to swim far out into the world famous Lake Tahoe, and had almost drowned. Ever since then, she had always feared water. Sure, a glass of water sitting on a table didn't bug her, but a pool? That freaked her out. And an ocean? Oh god, yes.

Water was cold. Water was strong. Water was salty. And most importantly, someone could drown in it.

Carol found her heart beat racing, as she stared at the waves coming in as if they were a wild animal. Sure, she was a few feet away from the highest point the tide came in, but that did not stop her from freaking out. Carol felt herself start to sweat, as her eyes widened out of fear.

How did she end up here?!

Was this some sort of sick prank? Although none of her friends she could really see leaving her out like this near open water (most of them knew about her fear), there were her some of her classmates she could see doing something like this. Yes! That's right, they were on a trip. She must have fallen asleep on the bus and they left her here as a joke! And then she would go find Mr. Kwong or some other teacher and tell them what happened, and then they would get punished! That had to be it.

But the Badlands weren't near any beaches, were they? She had no clue. Her head was throbbing, but most importantly of all, the water was still on her mind. Even though she was nowhere near it to feel it, she could already feel it surrounding her... cold, cold water...

Oh god.

As of this moment, Carol didn't even remember that she was on SOTF. All she knew right at that moment was that there was water, and she was just a few feet away from it.

She flipped her body to face away from all the liquid, and attempted to bring herself to her feet. Carol was only able to get herself on her feet for a few seconds, before falling down on the ground again. Oh god... she really did not be on this trip right now! As she fell, she screamed loudly.

This trip? Was hell.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Water water oh god water get me out get me out get me OUT OF HERE!

Carol tried to lift herself off the ground, but to no avail. Her knees kept giving way, as if they had turned to jello. Oh god, whose bright idea was this, leaving the aquaphobe nearby a large body of water?! Whoever did this had to be punished somehow by the teachers. Maybe they would be sent home, or have to sleep outside, or hell, just excluded from some of the activities!

"OI!"

Someone was shouting, but she had no clue who. Who was that? Was that the person who left her here? They had a lot to answer to. Mr. Kwong wasn't someone you pissed off. He was a very stern man, and very few of the students hadn't ever seen him actually happy. So he was going to be quite upset, of course! Yes! And the other teachers were going to put a stop to whoever did this as well!

She could see the speaker approaching. Was that Kari Nichols? Carol did not know her very well, but she was in a few of her classes. Did she do this to her? But she was saying get away from her, so someone else was nearby, right? But who? Pondsworth? Yes! He had to be him, he treated everyone at the school like crap! It was only a matter of time before he targeted the new kid that was afraid of water!

"KARI!" Carol cried out, and then began shouting very quickly. "Kari, I just woke up here and there was lots of water and I think Monty did it since he had to screw with the new kid before everything is over and I don't know where I am or if the teachers are looking for me or OHSHITWHYDOYOUHAVEAGUN?!"

Carol had just noticed that Kari currently had some sort of gun on her. She had seen guns in many of the video games she would play and in movies, but to be honest, she had never actually seen the real thing before. She did not recognize the build or anything. What was Kari doing carrying around a gun?! Wasn't that banned from the trip? It wasn't as if they were going hunting, and the teachers didn't want to have to deal with psychos running around! Heck, someone could get hurt! What was the point of the gun? What was the point?! All it was going to do was get her sent home early, for crying out loud!

Gun... Kari... water...

Carol stared at the thing, and found herself freezing once again to the spot. Oh god, she was trapped between one of her classmates holding a gun and a body of water! She didn't even know why she was carrying a gun! All she knew was that there was water and there was a gun! Should she run away from both of them? But... but...

Hell... what was going on?!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kari had just sighed, and acted as if she wanted to explain something.

What was wrong? Carol was freaking out here, and all she could do was attempt to explain something? What was going on? Why was she holding a gun? Why was she acting all hesitant? What the hell was the matter with her? What's with all the water? Absolutely nothing made sense here!

She could vaguely hear someone shout out asking if they needed help, but she couldn't focus on it. Hell, Carol couldn't even see the guy who was saying it. All that was going on in her mind right now was water, water, and oh, did we mention water? Seriously. If only she could just get back to where everyone else was, that would be dandy.

Then Kari finally mentioned that they weren't in Minnesota anymore. What did she mean, "not in Minnesota"?! As far as she knew, they wouldn't take them so far out of the state! Why would they do that? Carol noticeably tensed up even more, and the rest of Kari's speech she could only get bits and pieces of.

Something about evolution... something about lakes and oceans... home... auditorium... teachers getting shot... her mind could barely focus on it.

And that's when she remembered.

That boy in the video they showed, he just shot and stabbed that girl like it was nothing! And she was his friend as far as Carol could tell! Friends weren't supposed to do something like that! Friends were supposed to be nice to each other and help each other no matter what! Why would he do that? That was horrible!

And they were expected to be... just... like... him.

The teachers were dead. They weren't coming to save her or punish those responsible for leaving her near a body of water. They were gone. Every last one that had come on the trip. That wasn't supposed to happen! Carol was supposed to graduate and go back to Nevada to meet her friends from home! Were they watching this? What was going on in their minds?

"Kari..." she whimpered, her eyes widening. Carol's body was now shaking all over, and her vision seemed to be dimming. No! They couldn't be here!

Kari had extended her hand a second time. Grabbing it, in Carol's eyes, meant that she had to accept what was happening. But, could she?

Carol lifted her arm to take Kari's hand, but it seemed unsteady. One could easily see that it was shaking, and that she was hesitant. But soon enough, it had become close enough to her hand, and Carol went to grab it.

"I need... away..." she tried to say. Every single thought in her mind was replaced by fear, as if she couldn't form coherent sentences right now.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Was skipped. T_T))

Carol was brought to her feet, and before she knew it, she and Kari were in a hug.

"Kari..." Carol said, again, in a low voice.

She wasn't sure if she could accept this. This had to be a sick joke, right? They had to be able to get out of here. Maybe the teachers were playing some kind of joke on them, and any minute they would jump out and say "Surprise!". It wasn't as if- Oh hell. It had to be real. They were stuck here, and supposed to kill their own friends with their bare hands. Carol couldn't do that. She never saw herself as hurting her friends, either. She always saw those she heard about in the news or in the media she played or watched as horrible people, that did not deserve her sympathy. No good person would do that to their friends.

Of course. Her friends would never hurt her. They had no reason to, and they were, of course, her friends. They would all try to help her, and she would help them, of course. Carol never saw the other members of the Entourage as horrible people. How could they be horrible? Sure, they had flaws, like most people, but Carol adored them so.

But, how many members of the group had gone on the trip? All of them, she could remember. Reiko, Paige, Amber, Jacob, Ben, they were all on the bus. Every single member of the "Entourage" was there, which meant they were here. Oh god, they were going to die too.

She heard another person call out, and Kari released her grip. Carol could see two people standing on the beach, looking concerned. Two boys, by the look of it. One's name was on the tip of her tongue... who was that? Red hair, glasses, kind of chubby... damn, she knew who it was, but she couldn't quite grasp his name. Who was it? The other one was a blond guy, and one she could have only seen around a couple of times.

Who were they?

Kari didn't seem to like them, for some reason. She told the two boys that Carol needed some space, and that the two of them should just go. At the mention of a daypack, Carol looked around her, and noticed two bags lying on the beach just where she had woken up. Carol staggered towards the bags, her heart racing as she tried her best to avoid gazing at the water, and looked down.

Unzipping a dufflebag, she noticed that her things that she had packed inside the trip were inside it. She quickly zipped it up, and went to the other, a bag with her name and "G015" written on it. Was that also hers? It was sitting on a stick or something. Wait a second, that wasn't a stick...

Carol moved the bag aside, and her eyes widened at what it was. She had seen such things in the games she would play, and very often, the heroes in many movies would use such a thing to gun down some baddies. In the games, she would just shoot the zombies or whatever it was she had to fight with sheer delight, while in the movies, she would consider the scene where the hero shot the bad guy to be "badass". But, now that she was looking at a gun, she wasn't sure what to think. It was definite proof that she was going to have to kill people just to survive, of course. It wasn't as if she was just itching to try it out, of course. Sure, under other circumstances, she could have used it at a firing range or something, just to see how it worked. But, here was not the case.

She picked up the gun, moving it around in her hands. It was black, and appeared to be made of metal. Carol looked back at the two boys. Were they... good people? They seemed worried about her, at least. But, they were her classmates! They couldn't hurt her! It wasn't as if the entire class was made of psycho killers, after all.

She gripped the top of the gun by the barrel using her left hand, and slowly approached the two. Even if Kari didn't like them, they were still good people, right? No one could jump to killing that easily, especially the people she knew.

As she walked, it was as if she was learning how to all over again. Her legs seemed very weak, and could possibly give way again any second now. Normally, Carol was the happy sort, always remaining cheerful and carefree with a big smile on her face. But, if anyone who had met her before had seen her now, they would be surprised at how scared she looked. All that cheer had been replaced by all the water and the knowledge that she was going to have to kill her loved ones somewhere along the line.

Carol stopped a few feet away from them, just standing there holding "her" gun. She took a deep breath, and, with a slight waver in her voice, said "You... you... you aren't bad people, right?"

She looked at the redheaded one, and suddenly his name came to her. "You're Simon... right?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The two boys did not seem to like that she had to ask. Of course, it was kind of a stupid question, she had to admit. After all, if a crazed psychopath ran up to you, they wouldn't answer honestly.

Then again... there were probably no crazed psychopaths at Bayview. Everyone, as far as Carol could tell, was nice. Well, not everyone. Monty was there, and there were a few other nasty people. But, most people at Bayview were nice. Other times this has happened it was because there were horrible people at those schools who wanted to kill. But no one at Bayview was like that. Hell, only Monty and maybe a few others would participate, right?

Carol smiled, in spite of still feeling a little disoriented from all the water nearby.

"Carol", she responded to the questions. Pointing and glancing behind her, she said "That's... that's Kari..."

She could vaguely see the ocean as she glanced towards Kari.

The ocean. Big. Wet. Cold.

Carol felt her heart racing again, and she looked back at the two boys, her smile fading.

"We... we were planning on getting out of here soon... I don't like the water... I'm kind of... it scares me, alright? I don't like big bodies of... you get the idea..."

She rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand, looking down.

"If you guys want... you could join us. I believe that you're not bad people. Very few people in this school are..."

Carol looked up, and took a deep breath, feeling as if she was about to burst into tears. Again, she couldn't see anyone in her school actively killing, since close to everyone at Bayview was a nice person. But, she wasn't sure if she could kill her friends if it came to it. Friends were supposed to be good to each other, not kill one another. But, if she saw her friends, killing wouldn't be the first thing that would come to mind for any of them, right? Amber, Paige, Ben, Jacob, Reiko, they all were good people, and none of them would kill their own friend. And of course, Carol wouldn't kill them either.

In fact, they could all just be lucky and someone would come in and save them, like the coast guard or something. After all, the government had information, they were probably getting close. There was no way that they would get away with something like this a fourth time, if she remembered correctly.

"I think that the government will put a stop to this, right? They can't get away with SOTF four times over. I mean... they must know something... anything... I think I need to find my friends, though..."

After a few more seconds, she looked back up at the two, and said "I really don't think either of you are bad. And I don't think we should go off alone... but, it's up to you if you want to tag along. I just... need away from the water..."

Taking another deep breath, she turned and started walking towards Kari again, still feeling a little unsteady. Everything seemed to spin around her. Overall, she felt dizzy, and maybe once she got away from the water, she would lie down and take a rest. That had to be the first thing she did once she got away from the beach. Just lay down, think this over, and everything should be alright...
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Alright, fixing the post order. It should go me-Grim-Rattler-Sky. Change it and I will eat you. XD))

Soon enough, discussion started on where they should go.

Kari had asked where to, and soon enough a map was pulled out. Carol looked over her shoulder, and looked at it. Simon had done the same thing, of course, but Kari was closer.

"Uh... anywhere where there isn't water would be nice..." she said, for lack of anything better to say. Really, what was she supposed to say? She didn't see anything that would be okay hide-outs...

Ah! The warehouse! Of course. It might have some supplies in there, if the terrorists didn't take everything out, and it was nice, big and probably crowded with boxes, perfect for hiding. Simon had also mentioned the tunnels and the forests, but said that the tunnels weren't a good idea since he had just gotten out of them. Carol briefly wondered if he encountered anyone "bad" while there, but immediately afterward he started on the forest, saying they should also be avoided.

Then Rein mentioned there being a church that they could stop and take a rest at. A church... it was just like when in a movie, game or something, the final climax would be right near the top of some cathedral or anything else "religious" based. In a way, Carol had found those scenes awesome, even though there was usually no reason why they were fighting in "God's House"; it was just to be symbolic, she was guessing. In spite of herself, she smiled.

"Okay... church... then warehouse? Good plan?" Carol looked around at the group.

Carol jumped as she felt someone hold her by the shoulders. A quick glance behind her told her that it was Rein, asking if she was alright and needed any help.

Did she?

Carol slowly closed her eyes. The water was still threatening to come close, any second now... any second now... she was still feeling a little unsteady... her heartbeat and breathing wasn't any better...

"Okay... just let me get my things, okay?"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Carol couldn't help but smile at the sight of everyone working together once she looked at Kari and Simon. Truly, it was glorious. They were helping each other. Sure, there was a bit of suspicion here and there, but it was working. They were going to go to the fight church thing, and then to a warehouse, it seemed, then. Well, it was a really nice thing to have going.

She went to grab her things off the ground, unzipping her daypack just a bit to place the gun inside, though it could be seen sticking out. Once she had them over her shoulder, she looked at Rein.

They were a team, right?

Carol wondered if anyone had someone they had to look out for. Carol had the Entourage, as she remembered, but there was another reason she had to live. She made a promise to her friends back home, that after graduation she would return to Carson City to meet them again. She was still curious as to whether or not they were watching her.

Did they find out where she was, at all?

Carol could almost imagine their reactions, and almost winced at the thought. She never liked to see her friends upset, and to know that they would be concerned for her... it was kind of heart-breaking to think about.

But, she didn't think that she was going to live. She knew she was going to live.

Danya wasn't going to get away with this for much longer, right?

Right.

As she slowly and shakily approached Rein, he told her to take his hand and close her eyes if the water was bothering her. Carol complied, and reached out her hand. As she closed her eyes, she could still hear the water, quietly swooshing around, with the occasional sound of a seagull.

The water was still bugging her, but she knew she had no reason to be afraid.

She was going to make it.

((Carol Burke continued elsewhere))

((End of thread, but don't lock this until everyone gets their links in))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · The Beach: North · Next Topic »
Add Reply