Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One of Three
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 10:32 AM (6,688 Views)
Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jay Holland continued from I'll Need a Saviour))

"Ohhh! Some day! Love will find you!
Break those! Chains that bind yooouu!
One night will remind yoooouuuuu....
Something, something, something, THEN IT GOES-
IF HE- Ever hurts you!
TRUE LOVE- Won't desert you!
You know- I still love youuuuuu...."

Jay strode through the forest, branches snapping noisily underfoot. It had seemed like forever since the foursome had left the clearing in search of Maria. At first Jay was convinced they'd find the girl in a few hours, wandering around in the woods. Unfortunately, they had no such luck. With minutes turning into hours, Jay was getting more fidgety. Despite not actually seeing anyone else in the woods since they had lost Maria, he was still on edge. Maybe it was BECAUSE they hadn't seen anyone else. To be completely honest with himself, Jay would have rather had a psycho pop out brandishing a machete than spend another few minutes in the deep woods.

Silence just wasn't something he could deal with. His companions had been mostly quiet since they'd left, Jay doing most of the talking. His attempts at leading them in song had failed miserably, although he still sang, mostly for himself.

And for the kids' back home of course. Danya hasn't changed me, not one bit. No sir.

Jay had taken the lead without question, mostly in an attempt to redeem himself in John's eyes. Sunil was still giving him the stink eye. Or Jay at least assumed he would, if he turned around to look at him. Jay knew no amount of humor, or attempts at humor, would bring the boy around to his side again. John on the other hand? He had no idea. He wanted John to trust him, badly, not only for protection, but because he hadn't meant to freak out in the first place.

I'm calm, I'm cool. I don't freak out, it was silly to even think John was going to shoot me. Yeah- yeah it was up... he had the gun- it was up.. but he wouldn't have shot me. This is Johnny, he wouldn't shoot me. Because I'm Jay, and I'm calm..

As much as Jay tried to avoid thinking on it, his thoughts kept drifting back to what would occur if the "group" fell apart at this stage. Jojo had his back, but Sunil would want his head. Would it be two on two, Jay and Jojo vs John and Sunil? John had a gun. Jay didn't like the odds, and he certainly didn't relish having a shotgun pointed at him for the third time today. Could he pry it away? Would Jojo help him if he made a move against Sunil and Johnny? Would-

No. No no no, that isn't going to happen. Shut up Jay. You're acting paranoid. They won't kill you, but unless you start paying attention someone else will. You can't fuck up again. You just can't.

Jay continued through the brush, pushing stray branches and bushes aside. The forest didn't exactly have a path, he'd mostly been blindly weaving in between trees, looking for anything that didn't blend in with the foliage. Once, just once, Jay was nearly certain he'd heard a gunshot. He'd stopped the group, but all he heard was silence. Despite his growing unease he'd continued onwards.

"Hey Johnny, John. Did I ever tell you about the time me n' Alex Campbell found this uh- this, what's the word- chaperone, yeah, this chaperone drunk at a school dance? I swear man, funniest shit ever. Jojo, I think you were there too? Maybe. It was strange man. I thiiiink, it was Grade 11, not totally sure. I think someone slipped something in his drink. Wasn't me though. I'm not a huge drinker. I think I had like, a mickey, and I was out of it. It was a fun night man. You drink? I fuckin' suck at drinking. I'm such a lightweight..."

Jay had been in truth, rambling endlessly for quite some time. His stories had elicited laughs on occasion, but not enough to lift the dark mood hanging over the group. Jay persisted anyways, if not for anything more than to keep the group thinking. Trust was important. Trust was something he really needed.

What happens when it gets dark? What the fuck are we supposed to do, huddle together for warmth? Cut open Fatty John and huddle inside for warmth?

Jay stopped, feeling a strange sensation rise up in his gut. Bending over, Jay began coughing, over exaggerating the actions somewhat.

I better not be getting sick...

"Ughh... Christ, excuse me." He rasped, his words barely able to be heard. He awkwardly massaged his throat, taking pains to avoid touching the collar. "Haha, look at me. I sound like I'm a ghost or some shit. Scrooooge... Anyone have a throat lozenge?"

Jay swung his head around looking through the forest.

Nothing, fucking nothing. How big is this forest? All there is is green as far as the eye ca- oh hey, a hill?

Jay squinted. Yes. In the distance Jay could see the trees giving way as the ground slowly sloped upwards, and at the top of the hill, some sort of structure? It was hard for Jay to tell at this distance, but he was certain it was a building of some kind. Jay pumped his fist in delight.

"Awright, I think we're on the right track guys!"

Maria isn't stupid. She'd head for a safe place, someplace remote. This cabin, whatever, it's perfect! She's gotta be around here somewhere.

He readjusted his pack and made for the hill, branches snapping underneath his feet.
Edited by Little Boy, Sep 14 2010, 03:45 PM.
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jay had been more or less in how own little world for the last few hours, trying to cope and work things out the best way he could think of. John had more or less ripped him from his own world, kicking and screaming, regardless of what he wanted. Jay did what he was good at when someone else was lecturing him. Shut his trap and listened.

His eyes buldged as John clamped his fat fingers around his mouth, whispering a warning. Jay chastised himself yet again, smacking himself on the side of the head.

You STILL aren't thinking!

"Alright, alright. Good point.. We jus' gotta, be quiet about this, I gotcha' loud and clear..." He whispered to the other boy. Motioning, he saw Jojo and Sunil approaching out of the woods. He got down into a crouched position, eying up the building in the distance.

" 'aight, okay. We're still all cool, we're good. But we gotta think then, time to be stealthy." He whispered again. Adjusting his hat, Jay once more stood, glancing through the foliage towards the location. John was right, something WAS off. The entire situation began to remind him of a particular scene in a war movie he'd once watched at a friends house. Much to his growing horror, Jay slowly realized that in a few moments his group problems would be the least of his worries.

"Yeah. There's nothing wrong here, except there's nothing wrong here... Friggin' Vietnam shit right here. Too quiet out here for a death game.." He once more began making his way through the brush, but this time more carefully, taking great care to watch his footing and move branches out of the way.

Alright Jay, easy. You can show'em what you're made of here, show'em you've got your head screwed on correctly.

"Okay, so, just- just follow me, carefully... keep your eyes open for Charlie, or whatev'."

The building loomed in the distance, and Jay began to realize it wasn't a house but a cabin of some sort, an outpost. If John had heard any noise earlier Jay hadn't picked up on it yet, more cause for concern. Jay could feel his heart beating fast once more and his throat felt rawer than ever.

Suddenly, Jay's gaze flickered over to his right... something, something not green or brown in a greeneybrown forest.

"Shit!"

Jay shot downwards, gripping a nearby tree. Peaking his head out, he saw the lump remaining where it was. He swung his head around back to his companions, motioning for them to frantically drop down.

"Downdowndown!" He hissed. "I- I don't think they saw us yet, whoever it is..."

Jay peaked out once more, taking a passing glance at the strange shape. It was a person, for sure. But what were they doing? The possibilities ran wild in his mind. He strained his eyes trying to see what was happening.

Is this a trap...? Shit! John, killin' some bad guys would be welcome right now!
V5
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jay stumbled forward, his heart thumping in his chest, John had taken the lead after his discovery, his behavior suggesting he was just about fed up with Jay, either that or he was having really uncomfortable bowel movements. Jay was betting on the former.

Am I being annoying, or just really cautious? Is that a good thing? Shit, he's pretty fucking brave...

Jay continued crouching for a minute as Jojo edged past him, to join John in approaching the distant figure. Jay scowled before standing and heading towards the group.

Well, I thought I was doing a pretty good job. If that kid had a shotgun Johnny would've definitely taken my advice more, y'know, readily.

He looked up towards the sky as he walked, it was getting dark. He stuck his hands in his pockets and glanced over towards the nearby building as he followed the others.

I hope no one's up there. I sure as fuck don't want to sleep outside...

Jay's thoughts once more swung back to John. He could feel himself becoming increasingly paranoid despite his best efforts, evaluating every emotion his companions displayed towards him, as well as each other. He was beginning to feel rather sketchy.

Just because he thought my idea was stupid doesn't mean he's going to kill me. Johnny isn't a killer. I stood there in front of him, pretty much fucking dancing in front of his shotgun for all the good it did me. He didn't kill me. Would he really pick Sunil over me, if it came down to it? When it came down to it? He couldn't kill anyone, neither could I. I know I can't, fuckin', my gun, it's in my bag. I can't do shit all with it there. I don't even need to think about tha-

"Aw fuck..."

Jay felt as if time had slowed down as he raised his head, viewing the scene in front of him. His feet hadn't stopped moving and he stumbled into the dumbstruck John, his mouth a gap as he looked at the scene before him. He hadn't even noticed Sunil's arrival, his teeth chattered and his eyes seemed to pop out of his skull as he viewed the sight before him.

Holy fuck.

She was laying on the ground, blood leaking from her neck, or, somewhere. Jay wasn't exactly sure. A girl crouched down next to Maria, equally blood spattered. She stared at the group, a blood drenched hacksaw in her hands. Jay felt his stomach churning, as if he were on a roller coaster.

She's gone. She's dead. She was there, and then she wasn't. Out, gone, into the great beyond. Freddy Krueger'd, right in the neck. 10 points. And that means I'm not going to come in dead last.

The fuck is wrong with me?

Jay opened his mouth to speak, as well as he could manage despite his chattering teeth. Jay was barely aware that it wasn't just his mouth chattering, he was shaking crazily, backing up towards the edge of the clearing. He suddenly felt extremely far away, as if looking down on the scene from a great distance. His throat felt raw, as if something had been clawing at the inside of his windpipe since he had awoken to the nightmare only a few hours earlier.

This is the shit right here, I'm in THE SHIT, Jesus fuckin' Christ my balls have only just dropped and now someone wants to hack them off!

Jay turned and bolted.

((Jay Holland continues in The Various Downsides of Becoming "Paranoid as Balls"))
Edited by Little Boy, Oct 24 2010, 11:41 AM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply