Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One of Three
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 10:32 AM (6,668 Views)
Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh god... What have I gotten myself into?

G57: Vera Osborne start

At first, she just didn't want to admit it. Didn't want to admit the awful truth about where she was, about what she had just become a part of.

She used to watch SotF a lot back at home. Well, her parents did anyway. She just occasionally sat in when there was nothing else interesting going on. She remembered this one episode when there were these two students, a guy and a girl, who ended up in a firefight with some girl who was hiding in a radio tower or something... By the end of the fight, the guy had been shot violently in the chest and the other girl (The one who'd opened fire upon them in the first place) ended up getting her head beaten in with an AK47. The only reason why this hadn't permanently scarred Vera for life was because she'd convinced herself back then that it wasn't real, that the whole thing was an elaborate hoax...

Sadly, as she awoke to find herself stuck in the middle of the woods with a gun in her bag in became all too obvious that it'd been real the whole time.

That was half an hour ago though... After she'd finally accepted the fact that she was actually taking part in SotF, the most sickening gameshow she ever had the misfortune of watching, she quickly made her way through the woods, clutching the weapon by her side. She hadn't the slightest idea what she should do, where she should go, who she should trust, anything. All she knew was that she had to find somewhere safe. Somewhere she could straighten up her thoughts, get an actual idea as to what to do next. She hadn't encountered anyone... Yet. She knew it'd only be a matter of time before that'd be the case. She just hoped that she wouldn't be forced to use that gun she'd received as her weapon...

That gun... The Intratec DC-9. She remembered her father's attempts at teaching her about that firearm personally... Back then, she'd just brushed him off as a nuisance for telling her information that wouldn't really come of any real use to her... Now however, she was struggling hard to remember what little information she'd actually bothered to remember about it...

Eventually, she happened to come across what looked like a fairly innocent looking cottage, standing there alone against . She took cover behind a nearby tree, her eyes darting about the house for any signs of life. From where she was standing, the house looked more-or-less empty. There weren't any signs of any recent struggles, such as blood or broken windows. As far as Vera could tell, the house was untouched.

Even so, she decided to take precautions nevertheless. She moved quickly towards the house, taking care to make as little noise as possible. She didn't want to stand out in the open like a sore thumb, but neither did she wish to make a huge racket. She leaned against the wall, breathing heavily as she tried to figure out what to do next.

Well... What now? I can't just waltz in through the front door like a lemming... First things first, i'm going to have to see if anybody's inside before I make any silly decisions like that...

She took a deep breath, and moved sideways towards the window. She took a quick peek inside, her eyes darting about the place looking for any signs of life. Everything seemed fairly ordinary at first. The window was above a small sink, and in the corner of the room she could make out a sofa and two small tables...

But then she spotted the armchair leaning against the door.

What on earth is that doing there? Surely it'd make more sense for it to be... Oh... Oh god...

Her eyes widened as she quickly moved her head out of view, clutching her mouth to stop herself from saying something out loud by accident. That was as telltale sign as any that somebody had already taken refuge there...

Damn! What now? Should I look for somewhere else? There has to be plenty of places out there for me to stay...

No... Can't do that. I didn't find this place just so I could run away at the first sign of life... Who knows, maybe whoever's inside is friendly? It’s not like everyone on the island is a raging lunatic by now... Besides, even if whoever was in there WAS dangerous, look who's holding the submachinegun? If it really came down to it, I could simply scare them off can't I? Shouldn't be TOO hard to do so...

Only... How should I get in? Should I knock? No, too blunt... I'm going to have to sneak in somehow, through one of the windows or something... Wait, but surely that'd just scare them?

Damnit! This is hard... I don't want to scare whoever's in there, but at the same time I don't want to make myself a huge target... Shit, shit, SHIT!

Just then, she heard a sudden laugh from within the building, which caused her to jump somewhat in surprise.

Alright, through the window it is then...

She checked the kitchen window first, only to notice that it was shut fairly tight. She briefly considered the possibility of breaking it open, but shot those thoughts down almost instantly. That'd be even worse than knocking.

She sneaked around the side of the building, straight past the front door, until she had made it to the next window. She peeked inside, biting her lip as she prayed to god that nobody was inside. Luck seemed to be on her side that day as she was relieved to see nobody hiding within the small room, which from the looks of things was an office of some kind. To make matters even better, she also spotted that the window happened to be slightly ajar.

Phew... Now, for the hard part...

She took another deep breath as she put the gun down on the floor for a second and slowly lifted the window up, taking care to make as little noise as possible. Eventually, she made an opening big enough for her to fit through, and breathed a sigh of relief as she retrieved her gun from the floor.

Okay then... 3, 2, 1...

She got onto the ledge of the windowsill and began to make her way through it, trying her very best to not make sound. She was doing well at first, after getting her right foot onto the floor without too much noise. It seemed as though everything was going along just as intended...

That was when she slipped over the pile of loose papers on the desk.

Without thinking, her arm shot out for something to grab onto. Sadly, that something happened to be the telephone, which only made her crash onto the office floor all the more louder. She swore loudly in pain before silencing herself, suddenly remembering the fact that she wasn't alone in this building. She knew she barely had seconds before whoever was here would come along and investigate, and instinctively aimed her gun at the door, holding it tightly with both her hands as she lay back on the floor in a sprawled mess amongst all the papers...

For the love of god, don't tell me i've made the stupidest mistake of my life right now...
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
She waited. Expecting any second that whoever was here would burst though the door to investigate. Either that, or to open to door ajar so that they may spray her with bullets... Whichever came first.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before she started hearing noises on the other side of the door in front of her. She took a deep breath, expecting the door to open any moment now... Only, it didn't. Instead, whoever was out there had run away from the door, probably to make their way out of the front door or something...

Wait... The front door was jammed, wasn't it? Hence the reason I went through the bloody window in the first place... Shit, I knew this was a bad idea!

She waited a few seconds longer before finally deciding to get up, her attention still firmly on the door. Whoever was out there could be setting up a trap, readying themselves to spring it upon her the second they got the chance. She briefly considered heading out the way she came, maybe looking for somewhere else whilst she was still alive... But, she held her submachinegun steadily in her hands, she felt a surge of confidence. If whoever was out there was waiting for her, she'd be able to fend off any potential ambushes...

Even so, she still took caution as she opened to door slowly, peaking through the crack to see if anyone was waiting. She couldn't see anyone so far... Maybe they where already gone? No, she'd of heard one of the windows breaking if that was the case... Or the front door being opened. Whoever it was who'd blocked the door was still in here, waiting for her to come out.

As she was about to open the door fully, a thought suddenly came up.

Wait, wait... What if i'm making the wrong approach here? If they where playing, then surely they'd of already tried to kill you by now? Maybe they're just scared... After all, why shouldn't they? You just went ahead and broke in without asking! They have every right to be scared shitless of you by now...

Either way, they already know you're here... No point in being sneaky anymore... After all, look where that got you! Maybe I should actually try talking to them instead... After all, making allies is a far better idea than making enemies. Especially HERE of all places...

She gulped, clearing her throat before finally speaking...

"Look, uh... I don't want to cause any trouble or anything..."

Too late for that, isn't it?

"... And I honestly wouldn't blame you if you didn't trust me one iota. Especially seeing as i've, uh, just broken in through the window... Which, in hindsight, was probably a really stupid idea in the first place..."

Way to state the obvious, Vera...

"... But all I want is a place to hold out, thats all... I, I was afraid that whoever was in here might be playing, hence my rude entrance earlier..."

Great stutter there... I'm sure that'll give off the right impression, no doubt about it...

"... And I don't know about you, but the last thing I want is to end up in a Mexican stand-off here... That probably wouldn't end well for either of us..."

No shit it wouldn't...

"So... How about we have some kind of truce, or something? Come to some mutual agreement so we don't end up blowing each other's head off like idiots..."

She bit her lip, anxiously waiting for a reply. If this all went well, she may have found herself a potential ally...

If it went badly on the other hand... Well, she prayed it wouldn't come to that.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Silence...

She expected SOME kind of reply... Maybe not necessarily a positive one, after all she HAD broken in and everything... But at the very least she expected SOMETHING. A witty comeback? A nervous agreement? A paranoid scream for help? ANYTHING...

Instead, after a few minutes had gone by, she was met with nothing but silence...

DAMNIT! What does this mean? Are they too afraid to talk back, assuming that is they stay quiet long enough i'll assume nobody was inside in the first place? Maybe they've already left, escaping through some hidden doorway I hadn't noticed...

What if... What if she's setting up an trap? Waiting in the corner of the room with a gun in her hand, or around the corner with some bladed object poised and ready for me... No, surely they'd of called be out anyway? Tried to attract my attention so they could get me with my guard down... Damn, so many possibilities. From all I know, she might not even HAVE a weapon on her. Not that i'm going to jump to any conclusions or anything....

She gulped, taking another look through the small gap between the partially open door and the wall. She couldn't SEE anyone through the narrow gap. Then again, she couldn't really see that much through the tiny gap anyway...

Damn... Seems i'm going to have to take a small risk then...

She took a deep breath and ever so slowly opened the door, stopping when the gap was wide enough for her look through it with both her eyes (Though not wide enough for her to poke her head through it. She wasn't an idiot after all...). Her eyes darted about, trying to see if she could spot anything that could shed some light as to where they where hiding. Despite having a much better view then earlier however, she still couldn't spot any clues as to where the person was hiding. .. She was about to move away from the door again when suddenly from the corner of her eye, she spotted an unopened duffle bag inside the opened bedroom opposite the office. Well, well... Thats interesting.

She moved back away from the door, finally allowing herself to breath freely. Alright then... If her bag's still in the bedroom, then i'm guessing that means she hasn't left without me noticing. You'd have to be an idiot to leave something as important as THAT behind... Also, from the looks of things it hasn't been opened... Could this mean she hasn't got her weapon on her?

No, don't be silly. They'd of closed the bag after retrieving surely... Anything it possible, really...

... Alright, I think i've stayed silent long enough now...

She took a deep breath, and then like before attempted at communicating with the stranger once more... She was anxious, of course. Seeing as she'd already attempted the same thing earlier to no reply... Even so, she still tried her best to hide her nervousness as best as she could... Although that being said, subtle signs of her anxiety still managed to get though her speech.

"Okay then, i'm assuming then that we still don't trust each other... Can't really say thats unwarranted though."

So far so good...

"Like i've already mentioned earlier, the last thing I want is for things to get out of hand... N, Neither of us want to die here, thats obvious enough..."

Shit! Hope they didn't notice that stutter...

"But if we keep up this stupid stand-off, something WILL go wrong eventually. Its not like we can stay like this forever..."

Keep going...

"If you need me to prove that i'm being truthful, just tell me what to. If you want me to throw the gun into the corner of the room or something, just say the word and i'll do it. But I NEED to be certain that I can trust you to do the same as well... Or prove that you don't have a weapon to start with, either way's fine..."

"I want to trust you, I really REALLY do... But I can't until i'm absolutely certain you're not going to open fire on me the second I poke my head out the door..."

"All I want is a little feedback, thats all... The longer we keep this up, the worse its going to get... Trust me, okay?"

She bit her lip nervously once again. She'd made her move, now all she had to wait for is for was for them to take their turn.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those first few seconds of uncertainness were... tense, to say the least. Hell, she could probably say that it was the most stressful situation she'd ever be in without so much as a hint of doubt. For once in her life, Vera felt like she was in real danger. That she was in a situation which could very well end with her dead, lying sprawled on the floor in a pool of her own blood as some unknown figure casually picked up her gun with a gleeful look in their eye.

She tried to shake off those thoughts... Now wasn't the time to start getting paranoid. Paranoia could turn to panic all too easily, and if she panicked... Well, hopefully that won't be the case. With any luck, whoever was hiding here would understand her predicament and work towards earning each other's trust. Who knows, maybe she might of even found a potential ally... Probably not, but you never know...

And sure enough, it didn't take long until Vera heard a certain female voice call out from around the corner.

YES! Thank god... Finally we're getting somewhere!

She didn't immediately recognize who it was at first... They sounded familiar, thats for certain. It wasn't anybody she knew personally though, otherwise she'd of just guessed it instantly. Not to mention the fact that someone she knew like Sarah or Madelyn wouldn't of just stayed silent like this girl had... Besides, she knew for a fact that none of her friends had a subtle Italian accent like that...

Damnit, who is she?!? I KNOW i've heard that voice somewhere before...

...Wait a minute... That accent... Who do I know who speaks like tha...... YES! Now I remember!

"Rosa? Is that you?"

She allowed herself a sigh of relief, lowering her guard somewhat as she took on board this new discovery. At the time, she suspected the hidden stranger to be one of the more shy and flowery students like Hilary Strand or Reika Isihda. So she was somewhat taken aback when she realised who it actually none other then Rosa Fiamette of all people.

My god, I must have seemed so... Patronising! How embarrassing...

"Thank christ... And here I was thinking some psychopath was readying an ambush or something..." she said, the tenseness in her voice slowly decreasing as she went on. She allowed herself then to speak more naturally, seeing as she now knew who she was dealing with. Admittedly, she didn't really know that much about Rosa herself apart from a couple of unfair rumours she was sure weren't true. Or at the very most were exaggerations of the actual truth. Either way, the fact of the matter was she had any little reason to believe Rosa would be the kind of person who'd buy into this and start playing... She just couldn't picture her as being the kind of person who'd do such a thing. Hell, she couldn't picture ANYONE at Bayview being the kind of person who'd gladly play along... Well, except maybe Monty Pondsworth. But he was in jail anyway as far as Vera was aware...

It was at that moment that she also realised that throughout the entirety of their encounter she'd never bothered to actually tell Rosa what her name was. She assumed that she'd of recognized her voice, but then again they'd never really spoken to each other before. She probably hadn't a clue who she was even now... Jesus, I could have made things a lot easier by just telling her that at the start!

May as well rectify that error now...

"Oh, I forgot to mention... Its Vera. Vera Osborne..."

Now that introductions are out the way, lets get on to business...

"Now then, I'm assuming that you're unarmed, seeing as you didn't offer to throw in a weapon yourself... I don't suppose you've got some way of proving that's the case?" she asked, knowing full well that there probably isn't a way for her to prove this claim... If they were going to try and make this work, chances are she'd end up having to take her word on it...

"...Without leaving yourself wide open, of course." she added as an afterthought nevertheless.
Edited by Fiori, Aug 16 2010, 08:48 AM.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
... I'll take that as a no then.

It wasn't hard to tell that Rosa didn't like the fact she'd yet to discard her weapon. Not that Vera could really blame her... After all, from Rosa's perspective SHE was the bad guy who'd broken into her hideout uninvited. She had every right to be suspicious of her... Lets see if I can amend that.

"Alright then... I'll toss the gun over in a second."

Before she began disarming herself, Vera decided to take the opportunity to close the office window behind her. The last thing she needed now was for someone ELSE to suddenly break in unexpectedly. After she'd closed it, making sure that it was locked firmly in place, she made her way back to the partially open doorway as she prepared to unload her submachine gun.

She looked over it again one last time, the Intratec DC-9's distinctive appearance reminding her once again about the time her father had attempted to teach her about this gun in particular. How little she remembered him telling her about it... Never in her life did she expect to REGRET ignoring her fathers pointless lessons... Which in hindsight, were probably not as pointless as they seemed at the time.

She sighed to herself, flipping on the safety as she prepared to remove the magazine from its chamber. She was about remove it, her hand grasping the magazine tightly, when suddenly... A thought struck her. What if Rosa wasn't telling the truth? What if she EXPECTED her to throw away her only weapon so that she could safely gun her down herself? What if she was just jumping to conclusions, assuming that Rosa wouldn't be playing just because they happened to know each other back at Bayview. She remembered watching people who were the closest of friends gunning each other down back when she used to watch SotF with her family. Hell, Danya showed them a clip of EXACTLY that kind of thing happening! Between that monster J.R Rizzolo and his own girlfriend... His OWN. GIRLFRIEND! And Vera didn't even particularly KNOW Rosa! And she was about to throw away her weapon just because she...

Wait, no... This is silly! This isn't some deranged pyschopath, its Rosa Fiametta! The girl all those boys in class kept falsely claiming to have slept with, not the girl who everyone feared would shank them if they so much as laid an eye on her...

Back when she was facing an unknown foe, she couldn't help but be paranoid. ANYONE could have been hiding there, waiting to strike once they got the opportunity.

But now that she had a voice... Had a name... No, Vera just refused to believe any of her classmates would be INSANE enough to do such a thing! She couldn't picture ANYONE playing: Not Sarah, not Dutchy, not Clio, not Reiko... Hell, not even that self-righteous prick Dustin Royale would ever dare to actually KILL anyone! So why should she expect Rosa to play along?

Naive? Yes. Overtly Optimistic? Also yes... But dammit, Vera hadn't lost hope on her class yet... If some like her could resist the game, then why the hell shouldn't the rest of the school?

But, what about Southridge?

No, Bayview's different... Bayview doesn't have any latent psychopaths like Nathanial Harris or J.R Rizzolo... How could I ever dream of comparing to two?

She shook away any lingering thoughts of doubt as she removed the magazine, placing back into the duffle bag and zipping it up. She leaned through the open doorway, taking one last look at her unloaded gun before skidding it across the room and lightly hitting the dishwasher ahead of her...

God, I hope I'll be able to get that back eventually... What if Rosa decided to make a dash for it?!?

No, that'd be pointless... Theres no magazine in it, remember? Besides, if a worst case scenario occurs and she DOES make a leap for it I'm sure I can just wrestle it out of her hands...

... Well, guess now is a better time than never to finally show myself...

She took a deep breath, praying that the next few minutes wouldn't be her last as she stood through the door into the hallway. She didn't move into the lounge QUITE yet, and instead waited for Rosa to finally show herself. She couldn't spot her yet from where she was standing, seeing as the bedroom wall blocked most of the sofa from her eyesight. Even so, she still allowed herself to relax somewhat... Not too much though, seeing as there was still the off-chance Rosa was playing. She made sure the door was open wide enough for her to dive through should that be the case.

"There you go... I assume this means we can stop hiding from each other like frightened bunnies then?" she asked, allowing her usual tone of voice to seep through.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
She heard movement from behind the sofa. Nothing TOO distinctive, but enough for Vera to tell that Rosa was shifting about somewhat. And then there was a pause... Not a particularly long pause, but long enough for Vera to briefly doubt that she'd made the right decision. After all, she'd left herself completely defenceless. If Rosa WAS playing, there wouldn't be much stopping her from wasting Vera on the spot right there and then...

But, thankfully, that didn't seem to be the case as Rosa finally revealed herself in all her glory. Not only that, but from the looks of things she was completely disarmed. No guns, no blunt object, nothing! Suddenly, her paranoia from earlier seemed very... Silly. No wonder she barely trusted me... Would YOU trust a nut who just broke into your house armed with a freaking TEC-9!

Seeing Rosa in the flesh reminded Vera about another thing she knew about the woman... Namely the fact that Vera happened to have what could be best described as a mixture of respect and envy of the Fiametta triplet. Rosa had the kind of exotic beauty most women could only dream about, what with her olive skin and almost perfectly shaped body. Vera herself knew from experience how hard it was keeping up a physique like that... It wasn't the kind of thing someone could pull off just by eating celery and going on a treadmill once a week. And for that reason, Vera just couldn't help but have a certain amount of respect the Italian girl...

That being said, she couldn't help but envy her all at the same time. Whilst Vera wasn't exactly the kind of woman who craved the spotlight, the fact that Rosa was so... Renown, bothered her somewhat. Vera personally considered herself to be amongst the more attractive students in Bayview (Moreso than Rosa herself, in her own opinion), so the fact that its girls like Rosa and Charlene who get all the gossip was SLIGHTLY annoying... Not that she wanted people going about making up rumours about her, but at least that would show people cared...

Still, this was all pointless anyway. They weren't in Bayview anymore. No, they we're in the middle of Survival of the Fittest. No time to dwell on silly jealousies...

Well, guess its finally time to talk one-on-one...

She took a step into the living room, opening her mouth to speak when suddenly...

"Hey... hey, is anybody in there?"

... Or, not. Fuck! Who the hell could it be?!?

The unknown voice from outside soon revealed themselves to be none other than Craig Hoyle. A guy Vera couldn't really care less about. From the sound of things, he was carrying a guy called Trent along with him. (Which one? Savage or Hunter?) Who, from the sound of things, was actually in pretty bad shape...

... This, was bad. Personally, Vera felt the situation was complicated enough as it was with her trying to earn Rosa's trust without adding the problem of an apparently unconscious boy into the mix. A boy Vera didn't particularly care about... Neither Savage or Hunter were people Vera liked, so why should she be forced to be responsible for his well being? She was having a hard enough time looking after herself, let alone some idiot who got himself knocked out!

Luckily, Rosa from the looks of things didn't want Craig or Trent around any more then she did. Which was understandable, given the situation. Still, Vera couldn't help but find herself in a jam... Should she answer Craig's question for her? Did Craig even know she was in here? SHOULD she reveal herself to him?

In the end, she decided to just keep her mouth shut for now. This was Rosa's decision, not hers. After all, it was Rosa's shelter to start with... The only reason she's here was because she'd broken in like some cat burglar, a decision she'd gradually grown to regret over time.

So she just stood there, her attention drifting between Rosa and the door continuously. All she could do now was sit still and pray that Craig would get the hint and go away... At least, thats what she hoped Rosa was going to say to him.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
OOC: Yay, 200th post!

As much as Vera wanted Craig to just get the hint and go away, it seemed that Rosa had other ideas...

She wasn't exactly sure how to react to Rosa picking up her unloaded gun... She was tempted at first to complain profusely, but quickly shot down that idea when she remembered about the 6'7 giant standing right outside the door. As much as she hated to see someone else handling her weapon, making a big fuss about it would only exacerbate things... And quite frankly, this situation was tense enough as it was already. So instead she simply nodded her head in approval.

Still, she did wonder at first why Rosa thought Craig would find an unloaded TEC-9 at all threatening... Then again, when she thought about it, most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an unloaded TEC-9 and a REALLY large handgun. At a first glance anyway... The fact that there was an empty slot right in front of the trigger was a huge give-away to the watchful eye. That being said, this wasn't some redneck gun-nut who could tell the difference between a Remington Model 770 and a Remington Model 700 just by looking at it. This was Craig Hoyle.

God, I still can't believe i'm going to have to spend the rest of the day with some fatass and his comatose friend... *sigh* Oh well, her decision. Not like its really my place to complain about it anyway...

She watched on as Rosa shifted the armchair aside, folding her arms as she watched the events unfold from the corner of the hallway. After some painfully pitiful attempts at getting through the door, Craig managed to eventually squeeze his way through. Carrying the unconscious Trent Savage along with him as he stammered thank you multiple times. He didn't seem to notice her yet... Not that she particularly cared. She was still quite bitter over the fact that the room had suddenly gotten a lot smaller with the humongous Craig's (unwanted) presence.

Seeing Craig and Rosa in the same room was... Strange, to say the least. Two were practically polar opposites. One was relatively short, had olive skin, a toned body and was exotically beautiful. Whilst the other was incredibly tall, had pale skin, an unbelievably fat body and was anything BUT beautiful...

She had to hide her smirk when Craig started to tremble at the sight of Rosa's gun... Not at the idea of holding the fat bastard at gunpoint, but more because of his somewhat amusing reaction. She briefly considered telling Craig that he didn't have to worry about anything, but decided that it would better to leave that to Rosa. Besides, it was much more funnier this way......

It was at that point that she heard the very distinctive noise of a window being smashed open.

"Jesus, what the hell?!?" she screamed, taken completely off guard by the sudden intrusion. She tried her best to stay calm... To not panic as it quickly dawned upon her that someone was apparently trying to break in. Only, unlike Vera, they decided to be far less careful about it... Something which made trying to stay calm a VERY difficult task for the red-haired girl Do they know we're in here?!? Why the hell would somebody be so blatant as to breaking a fucking window? Either they're REALLY stupid... Or, they're REALLY confident in their own abilities to take us all on at once...

This was not looking good... Whilst whoever the invader was hadn't made any attempts to show themselves YET, she knew i'd only be a matter of time before they showed up. Probably wielding a deadly weapon of some description, like a sledgehammer or a gun or a......

DAMNIT! If only I had something to defend myself with... Wait, what the hell am I thinking? You already HAD something to defend yourself with! Only, Rosa now has it... And she may not be terribly inclined to give it back either... Shit! Chose a great time to unload your only gun, didn't you?

She looked towards Rosa, her eyes shifting towards the TEC-9 in Rosa's hands, only to then return their attention to Rosa once more with concerned look on her face. What the hell are we supposed to do NOW?!?
Edited by Fiori, Sep 15 2010, 05:17 PM.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Vera wasn't sure whether or not she should be feeling terrified beyond measure, or insanely furious at this new intruder.

She knew for a fact that the longer she pussyfooted about, the worse things were going to get. Any second now, some asshole was going to break in and start exacerbating things. She hadn't a clue what the hell he (Or she) wanted, but whatever it was they were certainly not being subtle about it. Vera herself was just trying to be careful when she sneaked in through the window, seeing as from all she knew whoever was in here could have been some cold-blooded psychopath. This guy on the other hand made no attempts at masking his presence whatsoever, which only fueled her paranoia even further...

It became clear to her then what she had to do... As long as the TEC-9 was unloaded, they were all in potential danger. Herself in particular... And as much as she didn't like the idea of giving Rosa ammunition which she could very well use against her, it was a far better option then leaving themselves defenseless.

Without even saying a word, she quickly dashed back into the office, not even bothering to alert the others as to her intentions. As she scrambled to open the dufflebag which she had left zipped up on the floor underneath the computer table, she heard a clatter back in the main room as Rosa dropped her gun on the floor. She's just leaving it on the floor?!? SHIT! I need to get there fast before...

It was then that she heard a door opening slowly, shortly followed by the sound of someone clanging something against the wall.

"Hold it right there."

She froze on the spot in fear. That voice... She vaguely recognized it from somewhere... She slowly moved towards the open doorway, one of the TEC-9's magazines held firmly in her grip as she listened to the situation outside.

"If you take even one step, I'm going to brain your friend with this shovel. You understand?"

Now she recognized who it was... Kevin Harding. One of those brainless football jocks she despised so much. She didn't really know that much about him apart from that, and the fact that he happened to be ugly as sin to top it all off. At least assholes like JJ were pleasant to look at, Kevin on the other hand...

Damnit, what the hell does HE want? Is he playing? If so, then why the hell isn't he just beating Craig to a pulp and getting it over with? There must be SOME reason as to why he's here... Maybe he's looking for something? Or someone... But what do we have that a bastard like him could possibly......

Then it clicked.

...Son of a BITCH! He thinks he can just waltz in here and steal MY gun? Of all the......

It wasn't until then that Vera realised how much she relied on the TEC-9 she'd been assigned with. She wasn't exactly the kind of person suited to hand-to-hand combat, or long-term survival skills, or anything that'd come of real use her. But unlike many of her peers, she'd been blessed with a weapon that was actually of some use. She didn't realise until then how lucky she was to HAVE such a lucky draw... She'd seen people get all kinds of useless weapons back when she used to watch Survival of the Fittest on TV, from Bunny Ears to freaking Slinkies! So the fact that she was lucky enough to get a submachine gun of all things was practically a miracle!

She couldn't believe now that she'd been so quick to disarm herself of her only defense... This gun was her salvation! Her ticket out of here! The one thing keeping her safe from dickheads like Kevin... And there was no way in a million years she was going to let a bastard like him get his hands on it. Even if she had to gouge his eyes out and bite off his jugular vein, there wasn't any way in hell she was letting him take was was rightfully her's...

She had barely seconds to snatch the gun away before HE got his greasy hands on it. She had to be fast. Had to be swift. Any cock-ups now and it'd all be over. But she knew she could do it, knew she was quick enough to grab that gun away from him before it was too late. She didn't care about the fact that he was apparently threatening to bash Trent's brains out should Craig make a move... As far as she was concerned, Trent was pretty much a goner either way.

Alright, here goes!

She dashed from her hiding spot and snatched the gun from the floor before jumping back, slamming the magazine into the chamber and flipping off the safety all in one swift movement. She immediately aimed the weapon at Kevin's chest, grasping the weapon steadily with both her hands as she took another step back.

"Move so much as a fucking muscle, and I'll drop you were you stand! I am SO fucking close to just wasting you on the spot right now, so don't give me any more reasons to pull this fucking trigger!"

Her heart was pumping, adrenaline running though her veins. Whilst her threats were anything but empty, she really did hope that she wouldn't be forced to open fire anyway. Being an outspoken opponent of the 2nd Amendment herself, the last thing she wanted was to become the very thing she hated. She was being hypocritical enough as it is by relying on a gun to protect her life. That being said, it also happened to be the only thing stopping her from filling Kevin full of lead right there on the spot. Something she prayed the dumb jock realised...

"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as Kevin tried desperately to distract her attention by alerting her to Rosa's desertion. Why the hell should SHE care that Rosa decided to do the sensible thing and make a run for it whilst the going's good? It was already becoming pretty obvious by now that she'd never trust her in million years after her little stunt, so why should she continue to waste her time trying to hopelessly earn it? All that it's achieved so far is Vera nearly losing her only weapon to some asshat with a football for a brain...

From the looks of things, Craig and the suddenly conscious Trent seemed to have the same idea as Rosa and fled too, leaving her all alone with THIS bastard of all people. A bastard who'd just burst in unannounced and started threatening to bash hid own teammate's friend's brains out. A bastard who'd of probably tried to just waste them all on the spot anyway if he ever got his hands on the gun Vera currently had trained on his chest. Come to think of it, what exactly was stopping her from filling him with lead on the spot and getting it all over and done with? Kevin's presence on the island would only makes things worse for other people, so if anything killing him now would solve more problems then it'd cause in the long run. Plus, with Kevin dead she could have the house all to herself, which was pretty much her original goal to start with. To find a place she could actually call home for a couple of days...

...So why hadn't she pulled the trigger yet?

I...... I can't... I Just can't do this! It's against everything I've always believed in! Sure, I'll be the first person to admit that I'm something of a hypocrite. I've indulged in typically capitalistic pleasures on more then one occasion in the past... But damnit, this is going too far! Murdering people in cold blood is wrong, not matter what way you look at it. I'm not going to let myself die here, but I'll be damned before I reduce myself to HIS standards!

Despite her decision to spare Kevin, her weapon's sights still remained firmly on his chest. She wouldn't kill him in cold blood, but if he DID try to pull a fast one on her she wouldn't hesitate for a second in gunning him down on the spot.

"Listen here asshole... I'm leaving now, and if you're actually stupid enough to try and follow me I'll fill you with more holes then a fucking tea bag, GOT IT?"

On that note, she slowly but surely backed off into the office, keeping her gun aimed at Kevin at all times as she quickly slung her bag over her shoulder. She paused for a moment, feeling relieved that of all the windows Kevin smashed it had to have been the office one, before quickly clambering through the open gap whilst she still had the chance. After landing on the grassy floor outside (Cutting her hand slightly on one of the many shards of glass that had fallen onto the ground) she quickly got back up onto her feet and made a run for it into the surrounding foliage, barely even noticing the small group of people who'd shown up nearby. Who the hell are... Oh whatever, they're Kevin's problem now. Not mine...

What a curious day it had been... First she'd awoken to find herself in the most infamous reality TV shows on the planet Then she discovered that she'd been lucky enough to receive one of the deadliest weapons in the game. Then she'd ended up in a pointless Mexican standoff with somebody who didn't even have a gun to start with. And NOW she's running as fast as she could from a house containing a borderline-psychotic dipshit threatning people with a freaking shovel!

Geez, I can hardly wait to see what surprises tomorrow will bring...

((Vera Osborne continued in Walk The Line))
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply