Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One of Three
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 10:32 AM (6,684 Views)
Acelister
Member Avatar
Ask me about Transformers The Movie Abridged!
[ *  *  * ]
((John Smith continued from I'll Need A Savior))

John had followed Jay, trusting in the loud-mouthed classmate to lead them the right way. Whichever way that may be. He wasn't sure, but there were a couple of familiar trees once or twice during their hike.

More than a few times, he found his mind wandering. Thinking about the Game, how he'd never get to read the end of Tsubasa Chronicles, whether or not he'd be able to kill his classmates... With Jay not shutting up though, it was getting harder to block him out.

'Probably the stress of this shit...' he thought to himself, disguising an un-needed shrug as him readjusting his bags.

The main problem with all of this walking and hiking - he was sweating. The areas of his top directly under his arms were soaked with it and it beaded down the back of his neck every time he had to step over a larger rock. It was getting to the stage where he either needed to remove his top, or get a towel.

"Hey Johnny, John. Did I ever tell you about the time me n' Alex Campbell found this uh- this, what's the word- chaperone, yeah, this chaperone drunk at a school dance? I swear man, funniest shit ever. Jojo, I think you were there too? Maybe. It was strange man. I thiiiink, it was Grade 11, not totally sure. I think someone slipped something in his drink. Wasn't me though. I'm not a huge drinker. I think I had like, a mickey, and I was out of it. It was a fun night man. You drink? I fuckin' suck at drinking. I'm such a lightweight..."

John frowned - did he just hear something?

"Ughh... Christ, excuse me."

"Jay..." John said softly, looking around to see if Sunil and Jojo had heard it too. It sounded like something smashing glass... Very faint though.

"Haha, look at me. I sound like I'm a ghost or some shit. Scrooooge... Anyone have a throat lozenge?"

"Jay." John stated firmly, wanting to other guy to be quiet whilst they figured out what that was.

"Awright, I think we're on the right track guys!"

John dropped his shotgun and bags and grabbed Jay from behind, clamping his hand over the loud-mouthed boy's mouth.

"Shut the fuck up!" John hissed at him. keeping the hand in-place "I think I heard something..."

He only then noticed what Jay himself had seen. A cabin. It was far away, but surely it had windows.

"I think somethin's up." he said slowly removing his hand from Jay's face. "Someone else is up there an' I don't think it was Maria..."
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Go and watch Transformers The Movie Abridged!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John rolled his eyes when Jay began acting like a commando leader. All he had to do was the stupid fist-fingers-hand wave signal crap, and he'd be a shoe-in. He followed slowly as the 'leader' showed them which way to go, moving slowly towards something or other.

"Downdowndown! I- I don't think they saw us yet, whoever it is..."

Despite himself, John ducked. But only for a second. He rolled his eyes and moved past Jay, looking at what he'd found. It was someone, certainly.

"They don't look very threatening..." he told Jay in a whisper.

"Come on, I've got this thing" he dropped his bags and held up the shotgun in both hands. "If they're dangerous, just hope they don't have an RPG."

Even as he chuckled, he felt a pang of fear. What if this person DID have an RPG? What kinds of weapons were given out? Nothing, shotguns and card? What about RPG's? Suitcase nukes? Anthrax?

He stood and walked through the bushes, the shotgun aimed down but ready to be used if needs be.

"I'm not playing." he said in - what he thought was - a firm voice. "I'm Joh-..."

He froze, his eyes trying to make sense of what he was seeing in front of him. Maria laying in a pool of her own blood, a hacksaw on the ground next to her and not five feet away was the acne-ridden culprit.

"Oh fuck..." he gasped, feeling his heart beating faster and faster, his breathing increasing and the world starting to tilt from side to side like a fairground ride. He couldn't even level the shotgun straight at Jackie. His mind raced with questions, recriminations, wanting time to be reversed... How did this happen?!
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
((Permission to control of Jojo has been given))

John stared at the speaking girl, but none of her words were registering. She murdered Maria... Why? Maria wouldn't have harmed a fly, he was sure of it... She never even got involved in the arguments he and Jay shared...

Of course, they spent a total of less than an hour together. Even factoring in the amount of times they may have met in the hallway or cafeteria, it couldn't have been more than a few days in total.

But since waking up on this island, she had been one of the few sane people he'd met and started to trust.

Now she was gone.

"Sorry..."

"No..." John said softly, shaking his head as he looked back at Maria. "You don't get to be sorry... You should be the dead one. Not her..."

He felt cold and the forest hadn't stopped spinning, but at least it wasn't giving him a sea-sick feeling any more.

"I hope someone fucking tortures you..." he told Jackie, backing away slowly. "Something quick... You just need to suffer."

He almost fell when he backed into Jojo who was still near-catatonic knelt on the ground. John glanced around to see who it was, then back at Jackie. He didn't want to take his eyes off of her.

"Come on, man." he told Sunil, not having noticed that Jay had made good on his escape. He put his hand under Jojo's arm and pulled him up. The weight of his shotgun didn't help with the weight of the shellshocked boy. "I'll keep an eye on her - you grab my bags if you can... We're getting the fuck out of here..."

He had no idea how he was being so authoritative - probably all of the practice he got around Celeste. She loved him asserting himself. He'd have to thank her when he saw her again.

If.

"We're out of here." he told Jackie. "You have any sense - you'll stay here or fuck off in that direction or something..."

((John Smith continued in Living in the Aftermath))
Edited by Acelister, Oct 22 2010, 07:27 PM.
V5 Concepts:

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply