Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One of Three
Topic Started: Aug 10 2010, 10:32 AM (6,524 Views)
ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
((Kevin Harding continued from Regrets))

Again? God, this day was hell on him. In the span of a few hours, Kevin had narrowly escaped from an explosion, ran through the woods, and witnessed a murder. Now he was crouching in the bushes, watching... what's-his-name bash down a cabin door with his shoulder. He would've assumed that the people inside would have been in a world of trouble once that mountain of flesh got inside.

But that sound that preceded the door's demise chilled him to the bone. It was a muffled bang, like a firecracker in a trunk. Was it a gun? He didn't know. He didn't see a flash. But if it was.... he had a chance.

It was so stupidly dangerous that he couldn't believe that he risking his life for this. But he was going to end up on the business end of a firearm anyways. Knowing what he was getting into and potentially having a way to defend himself properly was too much to resist.

He took a deep breath, pulled the shovel out, and started crawling towards the cabin from the side. His plan was simple and damn near suicidal. In fact, he was somewhat sure that it wouldn't work at all. But it was better than rushing in there blindly.

Sorry, dude. Better you than me.

Once he managed to get to the nearest window, he stepped aside to avoid being seen immediately, got into a kneeling position and smashed the window with his shovel. He immediately took a few more steps to the side, putting him at the corner of the cabin and giving him a limited view of the door. Only then did he notice that it had shut.

Oh, fuck.
V3 Character
B88: Jeff Thorne - Dead from gunshot wounds.

V4 Characters
B103 - Kevin Harding - Killed by a javelin.
G035 - Ash Morrison - Tumbled down a hill.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
He didn't know if that faint clacking sound was the sound he wanted to hear, but he decided to make a gamble anyways. Kevin immediately ran for the door and pushed it open. With the barricade partly dislodged by the large man's efforts, Kevin was able to enter without much difficulty.

Thank God that Craig made the gap large enough for himself. With shovel in hand, he made a rather undignified entrance into the cabin, clattering and nearly tripping as he forced his way in.

"Hold it right there." He clanged his shovel against the wall to draw Craig's attention. "If you take even one step, I'm going to brain your friend with this shovel. You understand?"

This was no bluff, although the chances of this plan backfiring were ridiculously high. If Craig attacked, his shovel wouldn't be enough of a weapon. He looked around the room, finally settling his eyes on the weapon that he desperately needed.

If he remembered correctly, it was a Tec.... Tec something. In any case, it was a gun that he could use to defend himself. Kevin started circling around the two, forgetting about the other inhabitants of the cabin as he carefully made his way to his prize. "Stay put there." He pointed the shovel at the unconscious guy on the floor. "Trent won't make it if you dare to charge me."

Don't botch this. Nice and easy now. Life's on the line here.... You're more scared than excited, remember that. No rushing.

The football player was cowering now, but he had to get the Tec before Craig manned up. Sweat ran down the back of Kevin's neck and down into his dirty shirt. That fear wouldn't last forever, so he had to hurry it up. Five steps. He was just five steps away from his first real achievement in this game. He could do it. He could get the gun.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
Heh. Victory is mine.

And then everything went to hell. Before he knew it, his prize was snatched out of his grasp by that little bitch, Vera Osborne. To further add insult to injury, it turned out that the Tec was unloaded. Kevin gaped in horror as she flicked the safety off, slammed a new magazine in and aimed the gun at his chest. His plan was doomed to fail from the beginning. But now wasn't the time to get angry. He was staring death in the face, and he wasn't enjoying it at all.

"Move so much as a fucking muscle, and I'll drop you were you stand! I am SO fucking close to just wasting you on the spot right now, so don't give me any more reasons to pull this fucking trigger!"

This was obviously a bad situation. Kevin couldn't see any way to get out of it, not with Vera keeping her finger on the trigger and her eyes on his every movement. It was almost unreal how she managed to pull that off in the first place. He both hated and admired her for robbing him like that. The scenario was perfect for her. He wasn't fast enough to attack or run away before he got turned into swiss cheese. Only her refusal to kill him outright kept him alive, and that could change on a whim.

The pressure was on now. Sweat poured down his neck, his damaged face throbbed painfully, and he started feeling faint. But he was used to high-stress situations. Even if this eclipsed everything all of the other events by far, he managed to stay on his feet and thinking instead of running on instinct.

What the fuck am I going to do? I'm dead if I try anything, but there has to be a way. There has to be a way to escape.

Luck might not have been on his side, but an opportunity presented itself just then.

"Now then... Tell me why I shouldn't just snuff out your existence and get it all over and done with?"

He saw her. He saw that girl run out. What was her name? It was... It was... Fuck, don't faint.... Keep it all down, don't forget that name- "Rosa!" He looked straight at the window she escaped from. "Because Rosa's leaving you behind!"
V3 Character

V4 Characters

ET.Requiem
Confused Writer
[ *  * ]
"Damn." That's all he could say at this point. He had just been thwarted and saved by luck at the same time. Kevin watched with resentful eyes as Vera escaped with his prize. His plan had failed only because he didn't pay more attention. If he had noticed her, he could have knocked her back with his shovel and grabbed the gun. From there, all he had to do was escape through the window he had smashed earlier.

Next time, he would have to think things through more carefully. His passion might have been his strength, but not here. Not in this game of life and death. Rushing in blindly against a gunslinging maniac would only prove fatal to him. Speaking of gunslingers.... "I might not get you, but the island will. Trust me on that, Vera. You're going to die very, very soon." He growled at the empty room.

She was his opposite. She didn't have enough drive. He wasn't about to complain about that, but it would prove to be her downfall. If she didn't have the will to gun down a potential threat when she had the chance, then a player would be able to take advantage of that. After all, 19 students had died today. 8 had been taken down by the Two-Kill Club. It wouldn't be very surprising if one of those four were to encounter Vera and snuff her out.

"Not good for everybody else, though...." Especially not if one of those slashers got a gun. This sobering fact reinforced his need to get one to protect himself. He wasn't about to get killed because of one artist who decided to resist. He picked up his dusty shovel and forced open the door, leaving the now-empty cabin behind for good.

"Eventually. It'll come eventually."

((Kevin Harding continued in instinct· algorithm))
Edited by ET.Requiem, Oct 10 2010, 10:05 AM.
V3 Character

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Ranger Station · Next Topic »
Add Reply