Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
A Solitude That Asks Nothing In Return; B082 Ivan Kuznetsov Start - TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:53 PM (3,932 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Tabitha "Tabi" Gweneth continued from Falling Sparrow))

Tabi had lost track of time and distance, all she knew is that she had to run; run as far away as she could. As she ran, the swamp began to disappear, and now the world became darker, and foliage started to dog her every move. She began to weave through trees and trip over branches, she could feel a pain in her legs and her entire body was wet with muddy swamp water, but that didn't matter, she had to get away.

Tabi feet soon became heavy, and her steps became more labourous. She saw a light at the end of the darkness though and she urged her feet forwards. She still had her trusty butterfly net clenched in her right hand and she was sure that now it wouldn't leave her hands even if a hurricane blew past now. Her free hand began to use trees as a leaning post in an attempt to help guide her forwards. A familiar sound began to creep into her ears.

I-Is that...the ocean...

Tabi wiped her brow in an attempt to remove the endless stream of sweat the poured down her forehead. The attempt was a bitter failure though as her efforts just yielded more salty water. She breathed heavily as she finally reached the light.

Her guess proved to be correct as she found herself standing in front of a rather tiny beach. She was momentarily captivated by the view, the ocean went on for miles, and there was not an island or boat in sight. Tabi let out a loud sneeze and then the thoughts returned to her.

I'm all alone...

Her breath began to accelerate once more as she turned her head to the left, she saw nothing but trees...

She turned her head to the right...

There was a boy, a muscular boy holding of all things: an umbrella. He was a muscular man with blond hair and a pair of glasses placed on his nose.

All control and care had vanished from her mind. There was a person here! She had found someone!

Her strength suddenly returned to her in the form of a second wind.

"A real live person!" she yelled as loud as she could, and then bolted towards this mystery man and latched onto his back like it was her closest friend in the whole world.

"Th-Th-Thank g-g-god, wh-who-whoever you are..." she cried out. She began to sob into his shirt, relieved that she now had someone here, she didn't need to pinch herself, it wasn't a dream.
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tabi's momentary joy of finding someone had vanished rather quickly. No sooner had she latched herself onto him then she noticed that her feet were slowly lifting off of the sandy beach. She found herself unable to let go as the full strength of the blonde boy started to carry her too far over.

Time slowed for Tabi as she rolled over his body. She found that as she moved forward, her grip began to loosen from his shirt until it was no longer possible for her to do so. With a soft crunch, her body landed onto her bag, cushioning her fall as best it could, but still leaving herself sore.

She blinked for a moment and saw something being pointed at her, and a barrage of questions being asked, and she froze instantly, her sobs as silent as her body would allow her.

"I-I-I-I-I-" she stammered before sneezing, "I'm Ta-Tabi, Tabi Gw-Gweneth...Tabi Gweneth."

The tears began to flow again, it was the only reaction she could muster. The only person that she had found, was just looming over her, and she couldn't find a way out...

"I-I've just wandered around, I don't know where I am and I've been all alone and I'm just...I'm just..."

She heard her name and let out a small squeak, but didn't answer back. It sounded like Etain, but Tabi was too afraid to acknowledge him.

"Hands where I can see them!"

That was it for Tabi, whatever composure she had maintained over he body, it was gone, and she involuntarily found her self emptying her bladder.

"You aren't playing, are you?"

Her body began to sag into the sand, and her tears began to stop.

"Pla-playing...what on earth are ya talking about..." she began her breathing becoming faster, "Wh-what the heck is even going on here!"

Her face just fell to the left into a nearby sand dune.

I just want to go home...
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
The world had gone black for a moment for Tabitha Gweneth. When she next woke up, she felt herself being lifted by someone, there was an initial wave of panic as she was unable to discern the person who was holding her up. She squirmed initially in an attempt to break free from whoever it was that was grabbing her, but she heard a soothing voice calling out to her, her head was still clouded and she couldn't quite understand what was being said, but the voice calmed her.

She relaxed and let whoever it was that was speaking to her pull her up. She turned her head behind her and saw the smiling face of Etain Brennan, the boy who she had shared many a jam session at the local skate-park. He was a nice guy and a good friend, and she was relieved to see him here.

She was quickly snapped back into reality however when she heard a loud shout that caused her to turn her head. Tabi saw now that the man in the green tinted glasses had pointed an umbrella towards a woman standing out near the foliage. She sucked in a sharp breath when she saw that she was holding a gun and pointing it at all of them.

"Because though you aren't playing...I am. Be nice to me and I might just not kill you."

Tabi gasped and instinctively jumped behind the man that was pointing the umbrella out towards the woman. She tried to hide behind the man that was an inch shorter than she was as best she could and just hoped that she could be protected by the man she was shielded by. She still didn't know what she was referring to by playing, but the fact that she had a gun, and wanted to kill her, made her begin to panic once again.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
If she could see into the future, Tabi Gweneth would have said something. Instead she could only watch as Etain was punched square in the jaw. She didn't scream, she had no time. In a matter of seconds she found that Ivan was hiding behind her now. Which meant that she was now staring straight at the gun.

The world had become a little smaller for Tabi Gweneth. She could hear shouting, but she couldn't hear words. Beads of sweat moved gingerly down her mud caked face. All that she could see before her now, was the gun. She wanted to move away from here, she wanted to move, but her body had now frozen.

Her eyes darted back and forth, watching the gun move down, and then back up into the sky.

Bang

She had been to the occasional concert a few times in her life. At the end of the day she might have a little trouble hearing due to the excessive volume of the bands, or the blaring sounds from the DJ, but never in her life had she been deafened so much when that gun sounded off.

Her body, began to tense up. And while her ears continued to ring, sounds began to eek back into her brain.

She could only watch as the gun moved from the man behind him, to Etain and then-

"AND YOU...ARE GOING TO HAND OVER YOUR BAG AS WELL!"

Her eyes looked up to the woman with the gun. There was something in them, an intensity that sent shivers down her spine. She was serious, she was going to fire her gun at them, if she didn't give up the bag on her back...

Her body wouldn't move though, something was making her stay there, a gun was pointed at her.

And all she could do was bite her lip...

v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"When I let go, run into the woods. I'll catch up."

Tabi wanted to ask what it was that he had meant, but she was given no answer. She watched as the umbrella shot out towards the girl with the gun and then she was pushed unceremoniously forward, causing her to nearly trip on the sand bellow her. She began to connect the dots with each step though...The man was helping her escape! He just wanted her to be safe before he acted.

She was about to make her move when she felt another hand on her and then a voice. Etain was helping her along! Yes, it was perfect, Etain, the mysterious man would escape with her, they would then be able to regroup and find out what was going on!

She nodded her head in agreement and took two steps forwards and made herself ready to run.

Her ears rang out as she heard four loud bangs, followed by a loud wooshing noise in between her and Etain.

Instinct had taken over for Tabitha Gweneth. She bolted away from Etain and made a break for the woods in front of her. She couldn't hear anything, except for the rhythmic pounding in her head.

Run into the woods, I'll catch up. Run into the woods, I'll catch up. Run into the woods, I'll catch up.

Her eyes scrunched into tiny slits, and her hands balled up into tiny fists. A renewed vigor from being shot at had caused all the tension built up in her legs to explode into a manic sprint. Her legs tripped on a large root causing her to fall flat on her face.

Tabi scrambled back up to her feet, and continued on. She felt pain in her lip; the taste of blood mixing in with the sweat, mud and mucus that had begun to well in her mouth, but she didn't care.

Run into the woods, I'll catch up. Run into the woods, I'll catch up. Run into the woods...

((Tabi Gweneth continued in Haven't You Got Eyes in Your Head?))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Locked Topic