Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Dilemma; [G102] Start!
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:53 PM (3,888 Views)
Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
[B-049 Tobias Elwin Start]

Tobias barely knew anything about Survival of the Fittest before being plopped down on the island. He'd never watched the show, personally. He'd been too busy either working on cars and motorcycles or going on hunting trips with his father to bother watching much TV. So when he learned that he'd been kidnapped by terrorists and was going to be forced to fight to the death, he had no reason to believe that the American government wasn't about to come kick some terrorist ass in a few days. So, when he woke up, he went about calmly rummaging though his pack as if it were just another camping trip.

"Shoot, I bet the Marines are on their way already." He said to himself as he put on an unbuttoned black denim motorcycle vest over his grease-stained West Coast Choppers T Shirt before tying his American flag bandana around his arm like a badge of pride. After all, he reckoned they had probably been missing for a few days now, so rescue was probably on the way. He thought it was rather funny that they gave him a gun, though was a bit pissed that they took away his travel toolkit and his daddy's hunting knife. Those were two things he would have to go back and collect after the Marines were done kicking all sorts of ass. Who ever these terrorists were, they weren't too bright: Nobody fucks with America and gets away with it.

He had taken the time to read Dayna's little survival guide, laughing at the details of the book as if it were a cheap comic book. Like hell any of his fellow students were about to go off and kill each other. Instead of playing the game, Tobias had readied his pistol in the hopes of catching some small game even if the caliber wasn't exactly the most optimal one; hopefully he could find something like a hare or wild fowl. He'd be damned if all he was going to eat for the next few days was homemade venison jerky meant for a short trip and the rations they provided. It wasn't long before Tobias began to make his way through the deforested area, looking for a good place to set up camp.

Now there were many things about survival that Tobias could abide by in a desperate situation. After all, his father had prepared him for some of the things he might need to know in the event of a disaster. He could abide by a man stealing from his neighbor's stockpile to feed his children. He could abide by a man fighting another man for food. But if there was one thing Tobias was not about to abide by, it was a man beating up a girl, especially if it was just because some terrorist told him to.

"Well shit." He said as he watched the burly looking man charge the girl in the distance.

Seeing the large and clearly capable boy launching himself onto a girl like a rabid wolverine for no apparent reason, Tobias decided to act. He put down his packs and readied his pistol before jogging to about 10 yards away from them as they scuffled on the ground. At least the girl had gotten in a few good hits.

"Boy'o, you've got about 5 seconds to get off that there girly and get the fuck outta here before I come over there, lube this here 45 pistol up real nice, turn that som'bitch side ways, and stick it straight up your candy ass!" He yelled at the boy, hoping that he would give up and leave the girl alone. As long as he left peacefully, Tobias had no intention of harming him, or anyone else today for that matter. Unless of course, they deserved it.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
Phew, glad that's over. Tobias thought to himself, pleased as punch with himself as the red headed boy got off the girl and stood up... and was startled to find out that the boy much bigger than he'd originally reckoned. The unknown fiery-haired giant stood almost a good head's length taller than him, and was built like a pure athlete. If it came down to a fist fight, Tobias was unsure that he could beat him. Even worse, it looked like the red-head knew it; he'd gotten off the girl, but deliberately stared Tobias down before almost dismissively 'allowing' him to make the next move.

"Hoooo kay, this can't be good. Toby, what have you gotten yourself in to?" he asked himself before taking a deep breath, his resolve somewhat wavering as he realized what he was doing. Here he was, pointing his gun at a fellow student who could likely kick his ass any other day of the week as if he was some sort of cowboy.

As a hunter, he'd been trained to handle firearms before. If there was one thing he'd been taught to do, it was to never, EVER, point the business end of a gun at someone unless you meant to use it. And right now, Tobias had no intention of shooting someone he'd never met with his arms raised in surrender, even if he had been attacking someone just moments before.

"All right," Tobias continued yelling at the boy, not wanting to get particularly close to the clearly stronger individual that stood before him. "That's good. We don't want any trouble here. I know we've all kinda had a bad day today, but that don't mean we should be turning on each other like a bunch of animals, right?" Just to show that he was on the up and up, and because he also really didn't want to shoot the guy, he began to lower his arms, slowly bringing his pistol down as if he'd just finished a clip at the firing range.

"So, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. You go your way, and we'll go our way, and when we get back to school, we'll all just laugh at this here incident as if it never even happened. Sound good to you?" He asked the basketball player, somewhat regretting stumbling upon the fight in the first place.

God damn, he thought to himself as he waited for the guy's reply. Who knew doing the right thing would be so hard?

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
"I don't know shit about how the three previous programs went, but I know that they were FINISHED. Nobody saved anyone. Thinking we will be saved by the cavalry at this point is just not smart."

Did he just say THREE previous programs? Like a TV show? Tobias thought to himself as Rob continued to talk to him. No, that just couldn't be possible. How could it be possible? Not for the first time in his life, never watching much TV besides wrestling was coming back to bite him in the ass. Nah, couldn't be. Who would even want to watch it?

However, doubt began to creep into his mind as Tobias began to wonder if what the redhead was saying was true. If this had happened three times before, and no one ever got saved, how could that even be possible? Could the American government really be so inept as to allow a terrorist group to get away with the same things four times in a row? Rob at least seemed pretty convinced about it at least. He'd have to ask what's-her-face over there and a few other people if he got the chance about it later.

"But, hey sure, I'll take your offer. I'm feeling much better without a bullet in my skull, thank you. So, let's shake our hands, go the other way, and we'll probably never see each other again. 'No harm done' as you put it..." Rob said as he warily approached Tobias, offering him his had as a peaceful gesture of solidarity.

For a brief moment, Tobias began to feel slightly more hopeful about the situation at hand. Maybe if everyone could be as civil as ol' Rob here, there was still hope for them yet on this island. He smiled and nodded as Rob apparently agreed with him. Without a second thought, Tobias shifted his gun into his left hand, holding it loosely by the end of the grip as he extending his right hand out to meet Rob's.

"I'm Tobias; Tobias Elwin. Glad to see we can all be civil-like here, Rob..."

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
For a brief moment, Tobias felt like things might just work out after all, what with Rob and him shaking hands like gentlemen. Tobias naively smiled as the taller boy began to impart his advice to him, before realizing all too late what kind of trouble he was in.

"Hrrgghhhhhh"

The unexpected punch to his stomach was devastating. Had he been ready for it, had he been expecting to fight, the blow certainly would still have hurt but it probably wouldn't have taken the wind out of Tobias' sails quite as easily. The barrel-chested boy's legs buckled as his grip on Rob's hand loosened, dropping him to his knees he gasped for air.

He tried to react quickly as Rob reached for his weapon, swinging his arm out in the hopes of keeping it out of his reach. If it had worked, he might have been able to reposition the gun in his hand and taken a shot at his opponent. However, Rob's reflexes were faster; before Tobias could register the blow, Rob's right hand was already inches away from the gun. Tobias' awkward swing of his arm was not enough to keep Rob's attempted grab from catching the edge of the pistol, knocking the gun out of his hand.

The M15 General Officers pistol flew out of Tobias' hand, flying a few inches away thanks to the momentum of his arm. Desperate to get a hold of the weapon, he lunged his body towards the pistol on the ground, his outstretched arm barely an inch away from the gun...

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
((No worries mate))

As Tobias lay on the ground, his outstretched hand desperately close to the pistol, a shadow loomed over him. Robert Jenkins was quick to put an end to Tobias' desperation. Pain resonated throughout Tobias' hand as Rob crushed it beneath his heel, his cry of pain muffled by the dirt. He weakly clawed at Rob's leg with his free hand, trying with all of his might to free his other hand from below Rob's shoes.

It was too little to late. Tobias had no strength left in him after having been dropped by Rob's punch, and he had no heart left in him either. He felt foolish for having believed that everything could be right as rain, and for feeling overconfident just because he had a gun. A gun that was now in Rob's hands.

"No..." Tobias whispered to himself. This wasn't right. Nothing was right. He'd tried to help someone, for Christ's sake! He even forgave the man for his transgressions, just like his father would have done. And yet here he was, laying prone on the ground as the man he had forgiven stood tall. All because he had trusted him. Now his gun was in that man's hands, and Tobias could only wait with his face in the dirt as Rob stood victorious above him.

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
Tobias cringed as he heard Rob call out to him, telling him to get up. That wasn't happening right now. He was still lying on the ground, gasping for air as he clenched his fists to relieve some of the pressure and pain that welled within him. His guts still hurt from the sucker punch that had been delivered to him mere moments before. Stupid, how could I have been so stupid...

However, Tobias knew that it was foolish to try to ignore the man with the gun that stood before him. After taking a few moments to catch his breath and let some of the pain subside, Tobias slowly began rise from the ground, panting on his hands and knees like a wounded bear. There was no guarantee that Rob wasn't going to kill him here and now. The only option left was one that most prey had when a predator came around: Abandon any belongings it could to save itself.

"Alright, alright. Don't shoot." Tobias said in between short breaths. He grimaced in pain as his abdominal muscles pulled his upper body up from the crawling position he was in. "There... There's a bag over yonder with the rest of the clips for that gun and all of my supplies. Just take it. I don't want no trouble anymore." He pointed towards the stump in the distance that held the SotF daypack and the backpack filled with his personal effects for the camping trip. He hoped that would be enough to appease Robert into leaving him alive.

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
As Tobias watched Rob slowly make his way towards his daypack, his pain slowly began to evolve into rage. It wasn't anger that was just limited to the fact that he'd just been sucker punched and laid out like a wimp. No, it was much more than that. He was angry at having been so careless in a dangerous situation. He was angry that the girl he just saved had simply run away when he could have used her help. He was angry at the terrorists that had forced himself and his classmates into becoming their own personal playthings. It was anger at the world. A righteous fury.

He stood there stewing in his own rage as Rob rooted through his day pack, reflecting on the words of wisdom he had imparted. Never. Trust. Anyone. No, Tobias was not about to trust anyone on this island ever again. From now on, the kiddie gloves were off. Clearly no one was willing to just live and let live on this island, if Rob's words and the girls actions were true. There were no laws keeping people at bay. Anyone could easily become a killer in this new world. If Tobias was able to live through this encounter, he wouldn't let anyone get the drop on him ever again.

Soon, Rob had found what he wanted and zipped up whatever remained in his day pack, completely ignoring the other bag filled with his personal effects on the ground behind the stump. As he began to head back towards Tobias, Toby prepared himself for round 2 with the athletic red head. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, waiting for the moment Rob decided to try to end his life. If he was going to die, Tobias Elwin was ready to go down swinging.

Instead of coming in to finish the job, Rob tossed Tobias' day pack at him.

"There you go. At least you won't starve now. Get the fuck out of here, before I'll change my mind." He said coolly, keeping his distance like Tobias should have in the first place. He was being spared.

Tobias held his tongue from trying to make a snappy comeback like a fool. He'd already lost this round, and with Rob acting cautiously there was no way he would be able to launch an assault on him before he pulled the trigger. At this point, conceding the victory was the only option.

Tobias nodded his head begrudgingly in agreement as he cautiously began to step backwards away from Rob. He wasn't about to be shot in the back after all that had happened to him. His eyes bored into his assailant's skull with killing intent that was held at bay like a caged animal. Before long, he had backed up far enough that he felt confident Rob would probably miss if he took a shot. The way he held the gun was a dead giveaway of his inexperience.

"You best watch your back, Rob. Next time we meet, it's round 2, you fuckhead." he whispered to himself as he turned around, making haste towards the forest.

[[Tobias Elwin continued in When The Bite Just Isn't Sharp Enough]]

V4 Characters:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Locked Topic