Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Flowerhead; B025 Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:44 PM (3,539 Views)
Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
On the left is a mod, on the right is a pre-made psycho...get the picture?
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Debut of B056: Nathan Choultard))

Nathan Choultard woke up and felt like a Raggity Anne doll. He found himself propped up slight on one stump, his ass was on a fallen log and his left leg hung precariously on another stump in the distance. He felt like he had his lights punched out and was only now waking up from his mini-coma.

It took Nathan about five tries to properly sit up, but eventually he found himself sitting on the stump behind him, attempting to massage his very sore back.

Where the hell am I?

He blinked and tried to wipe the sleep out of his eyes when he realized that his glasses were in the way. Nathan paused for a moment staring at his hand. Why would he sleep with his glasses on, who sleeps with their glasses on anyways?

He sat there for a good five minutes just staring at his hand as if it was going to be able to tell him why
he was on a stump in the middle of nowhere. It was then that his memories returned to him.

He was sitting in a chair, tied up and he remembered having to watch...some video something about killing your classmates...and then...

"Holy shit..."

Then he watched as some of his favourite teachers, not to mention the rest of the faculty that chaperoned with them, were all dead...

So now what he was supposed to do...

Nathan looked around and saw that there was a pair of bags to his left. A tan bag with B057 stencilled on and a large duffel bag right next to it. He looked inside the duffel bag first and found inside it...

A pistol with some ammunition and a manual.

So it was all real...

He put his hands to his forehead and sighed. He had always wanted to find a way to be different from his brother and let his parents realize that he wasn't Geoffrey...

He got exactly what he wished for, and he hated it. His hands bunched into fists and he kicked the fallen log in front of him.

"God fucking damn it!"
v5 characters
B054:Oscar Trig-Smoker, Artist, Film Buff

Please, message me if you have ideas, I sure don't!

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan sat right on top of the log staring down at the freshly kicked log. Maybe if he stared at it long enough it'd turn into ash, or preferably a magical way out, however he found his attempt ended in vain.

He didn't feel sad, he wasn't even sure that he felt angry anymore now that he had vented. Instead, Nathan just felt completely and totally numb. He just sat there, spacing out, hypnotized by the remnants of some hundred year old pine tree that lost it's life, god knew how long ago...

The voice broke him free of his emotional coma and his head perked up in the direction of the voice. It sounded vaguely familiar, but he wasn't really sure. He was flanked? Nathan wasn't really surprised with that, it wasn't like he was alone here. Maybe a group of killers had arrived and were already here, they said they weren't going to shoot, but who knew what would be happening. It was Survival of the Fittest.

Only one way to find out...

He went to his bag and looped it onto his back, maybe it was protect him from a shot from behind, who knew. He gave one final sigh and stood up and walked towards the direction of the initial shout.

To his surprise, it turned out to be Jason Harris of all people that appeared into view. Nathan wanted to be more excited at this, but he still couldn't muster any amount of glee in regards to the fact that one of his friends could be a killer. He continued to walk forward though, hands clutching his straps of his pack as tightly as he could, waiting for the possible death blow.

"Hi Jason..." he said frowning, "It's Nathan..."
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nathan glanced behind him and found that Brook was rushing towards him, gun in hand but a relieved expression on his face. Brook was a kind man, gentle, friendly and harmless when it came to track and field. Today, however he didn't nearly look as fresh and vibrant as he normally was.

Then again, Nathan would have applauded the man that woke up today and was able to skip amongst the daisies.

Nathan found himself relaxing slightly, at least as much as he felt he could with two guns hanging around his general vicinity. He felt himself breathing now, realizing that he had been holding his breath. He let go of the straps of his bag and glanced back to the duffel bag that he had left back by the stump.

He thought about the question asked of him. Friends he wanted to protect? Well, there really wasn't many, he found himself regretting the fact that he hadn't really made as much of an impact, he had a few people here and there on the track team, guys like Brook and Jason, but few others that he could think of right now.

"Well, nobody really...aside from all of us, that is...As for a weapon, I uh...I think I got some gun or something. Let me go check."

He dashed over to his duffel bag, dodging and leaping over the occasional log. Sure enough, there was the gun...It stared back at him, a metal shine cast down upon from the harsh sunlight reflecting back into his glasses. His arm cautiously stretched out and lifted it up from it's resting place. He gingerly carried the grip in his fingers, it felt so heavy already, like it was loaded, even though he knew it wasn't.

He dropped it back into the bag and zipped it up, in an attempt to hide it away, at least until he really really needed it.

"Yeah it's a gun guys," he shouted back, slinging the bag over his shoulder, "Got some sort of pistol it looks like..."

He began to walk back when he saw a figure off in the distance, there was no doubt about it, he saw Maf' in the distance, yet another good friend, one of the few that wasn't on the track team. He commonly worked out with him in the Bayview gym and the burly man was a good spotter when it came to lifting weights when he did so.

"Hey dude!" he called back out, he wanted to say more, ask how he was doing, see if he was alright, but the words were left hanging, and he couldn't think of anything more that he could say, he just clammed up and walked back to his friends. Waiting to see what they would do before making a move.
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greg The Anti-Viking
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Huh? Oh y-yeah don't worry about it Brookie, it's all good."

Nathan had been caught in a daze again. His thoughts had lingered back to the fact that he was now on an island, standing out like a sore thumb amongst his family now. All he wanted was a little attention, now he got to be on the six o'clock news.

Well ain't that swell...

He looked back up to Jason, he was going on and on about sticking together and forming some sort of group. The idea sounded preposterous, but it was probably better than just nibbling on a gun barrel or kicking as many logs as possible until they broke in half, or until he broke his foot. Hanging out with these four was a much better way to spend his days, however few they may be.

"Nathan's finally going to break that 11.0 on his hundred metre sprint."

As soon as Jason said that, Nathan began to grimace. Throughout the four years he had spent in high school, it was widely known, and widely joked about that he had been trying to eclipse his older brother. As the years had gone by, the results didn't yield, he has run himself ragged, ate as well as he possibly could and trained just as hard as some of the members of the football team and still nothing. But as the years went by, the joke still remained, Nathan will finally break 11.0...

Nathan fucking hated that joke...

He knew Jason was trying to cheer all of them up, but it wasn't exactly perking him up at all. Still he forced a smile and clung to the straps of his backpack.

"Yeah yeah, maybe I will...Let's all just get out of here, this place gives me the creeps..."

As Jason and Maf started to head off, Nathan let out a heavy sigh and began to follow them.

Well...here goes nothing I guess...

((Nathan Choultard continued elsewhere))
v5 characters

Fall down seven times...
Stand up eight...
Japanese Proverb
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: North · Next Topic »
Locked Topic