Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
There is a Light; G096 Start - THREAD CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:46 PM (3,153 Views)
infinityhype
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
(( G113 Aston Bennett Start))

Aston sniffed a few times.

The smell of dirt and moisture.

She opened her eyes and found darkness.

Sitting up, she rubbed some dirt off her cheek and felt around for her pack as she thought about what Mr. Danya had said.

Survival of the Fittest huh? Never thought she'd find herself smack dab in the middle of this game. Then again, she suspected no one did.

Aston found two packs in the darkness. The one she'd brought for the trip, minus a few things, and the provisions pack.

What else had he said was in here?

Oh. A weapon. She rummaged around for a minute before feeling cold metal. She pulled the handgun out and tried to focus on it in the dark. Frowning and placing the gun back in her bag, she slung both packs over her shoulder and began to walk down the tunnel.

Aston squinted and threw up her hands at the sudden light from the tunnel she'd turned into, expecting someone to attack while she was blinded. But when she regained her sight she realized it was just a couple of girls sitting there, talking. Normally she would consider both of them beneath her but she didn't really have another choice at the moment. She sighed and stepped into the light, calling out to them.

"Hey! Either of you know what the hell's going on?"
V4
G113 Aston Bennett - "Of course I know what I can do for you, but what advantage can you offer me?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

infinityhype
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Hmm. Neither one of these two looked like they were particularly suited to her usual requirements. However, they would do for temporary company. They didn't seem threatening and even if they proved themselves dangerous she could take care of them with ease. She sat down and looked at the two of them, disinterest etched on her features.

Marion...whatever her last name was...had covered sports teams. Asked her a few questions, which she'd been more than happy to answer. Katelyn whoever she only knew by name and a few passing glances in the few classes they'd shared.

“You guys have any more information?”

"Of course everyone knows that. Kind of hard not to know, wouldn't you think? I thought information was a specialty of yours...Marion. Am I right? You wrote for the paper, didn't you?. As for extra information, I don't anything more than what we were told. To be honest I just woke up and took off walking." She looked around a bit, narrowing her eyes.

"Do these tunnels unnerve anyone else?"

V4
G113 Aston Bennett - "Of course I know what I can do for you, but what advantage can you offer me?"

infinityhype
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
“I think it makes an excellent excuse to get out of here,” she suggested. “See what the rest of the island looks like, or at least where these tunnels lead.”

Aston looked at Katelyn and Marion, standing to her feet.

"It looks like I'll have to agree. It's not sensible to stay in one place for a long time. We need to keep moving. We'll have to be alert, though. I hate to suspect our classmates hold ill intentions, but this is a game of survival. Come on. I'll lead."

She shifted her packs a bit and waited for the other two to respond.
V4

infinityhype
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
“I’ve decided that I’m going to treat this whole experience as research for a story,” she said. “Some day my story will be found and then I’ll get printed in the Milwaukee Times or maybe the New York Times.”

Aston let out a short, bitter laugh.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. I don't know that the greater American population really cares about us or about knowing the story of our lives, but it's a nice thought I guess. Maybe if there was a way you could get it to those people. Not like there's a nice little post office waiting to mail it when you're finish."

She tossed her flashlight from hand to hand, making the light play across the tunnel. Deep down she felt...apprehensive about the whole situation. Not that she didn't have more than enough faith in herself, but she didn't know what kind of challenges lay ahead of her.
V4

infinityhype
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Aston had been tuning Marion out for most of the journey. She'd forgotten how that girl loved to ramble. She'd scoffed a little inside at the idea of Marion winning. Over Aston Bennett? Not likely.

“Anyway maybe I should be worrying less about what’s happening when we get off this island and more about how to get out of these stupid tunnels. Any ideas?”

She looked around for a moment, trying to think of something but coming up with nothing.

"The only real solution is to keep going I guess."
Edited by infinityhype, Aug 25 2010, 08:01 PM.
V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Add Reply