Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid; [B138] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:36 PM (3,655 Views)
Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
((G118, Rose Codreanu, start))

Rose Codreanu was not entirely comfortable with her situation. First, there was the bus; having to put up with all those idiots was hell enough, then everyone got gassed and treated to a video of that J.R. guy blowing someone's brains out. And now... this.

They didn't even have the decency to throw her in a clearing. She awoke wedged in between two trees with a day-pack and a box containing a Beretta handgun. She wasn't familiar with the model, but it didn't really matter. If it was bad, she'd trade with some unsuspecting shmuck for something more reliable.

Rose stood up, turned directly to the nearest camera she could see, and flipped it the bird.

Okay, now let's get down to brass tacks. Time to root through this daypack, Rose monologued internally.

The Romanian girl unzipped the daypack and began rummaging through the various items.

First aid kit... survival guide... rations... flashlight... maps... compass... ooh, what's this? A guide on how to use my gun? Rose was a little surprised. She wouldn't have expected a brutal terrorist organization to actually want to help her with this. She opened up the leaflet and saw quick directions on how to use that specific gun; she made a mental note of the most important bits, such as where the safety was, how to load a magazine, and how many bullets the gun held. She continued rummaging through her daypack.

Oh hey, they let me keep my nice duffel bag. How sweet of them, Rose thought somewhat bitterly. She looked through it and saw nothing different; her clothes were there and her iPod was also there. Unlike her friend Joe Rios, who brought an entire week's worth of food in his travel pack, Rose Codreanu traveled light. She ate light in addition, which helped with that.

Now that THAT was over with, the petite girl decided she needed to see if anyone else was in the area, and did the only thing she could that wouldn't make people think she was trying to kill them. Which she wasn't. Not yet, anyways, maybe later.

"Hey! Anyone out here?" she yelled at the top of her lungs. It wasn't as powerful as she had hoped, as the gas was still affecting her lungs, but she figured it was loud enough to reach anyone in walking distance. She had specifically hoped it would reach Joe, as she had a feeling they'd need to stick together, but she had settled for anyone in the general area.
Edited by Sean, Aug 9 2010, 04:29 AM.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

And the masses will look upon him and weep at the beauty of it all.

Quote:

[19:25] Hallucinogenic: it's not like i wanna put my anus on parade

Quote:

04:26MimiOH
04:26MimiTHAT'S LESS BAD
04:27MimiI THOUGHT SHE HAD TO JERK OFF MONKEYS
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
After a few minutes passed, two men walked up the hill to Rose. Neither of them were anything like what Rose wanted to see, and both wanted to know her name.

Oh no, Rose thought. I've got a horribly-dressed imitation version of Udo Kier along with the biggest asshole since the end of The Wall following me.

She scanned the area and realized that she probably shouldn't have been that worried. Garrett, the asshole, was armed with a wooden sword (of all things) and Rein, the weird German, was armed with a paring knife. On the other end of the stick, Rose had a handgun. If it came to a fight, she already had a deceptively simple plan: shoot both of the idiots before they got in melee distance.

However, she put this plan on the back burner for now. The first thing to do was introduce herself, since both of the idiots had asked her name.

"I'm Rose." She realized that she was holding the gun, and that Garrett, at the very least, was glaring at it. "Don't mind the gun, the safety's on and I'm not killing anyone that doesn't attack me first."
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

One day, the fabled Ragnarok will come, and as the gods descend to earth and wage war while the world dies around them, WickedIcon will lead the charge, a 12-gauge shotgun in his right hand, and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left as he rides a steed made of fire and pain.

Quote:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
Rose sighed and palmed her face. She had ended up with three of the weirdest fucking people humanly possible. The ABBA wannabe was giving his knife to The Incredible Shrinking Woman over there, and Garrett was still being a sociopath as usual.

Oh well, time to get this over with as quickly as possible.

"Hey, any of you seen Joe Rios lately? It's a long shot, but I figure one of you might've," Rose asked the group.

Rose had a simple relationship with Joe. They were definitely close friends; in fact, she was one of his only real friends, period, end of discussion. She had even started to see the faintest inkling of romantic feelings coming from Joe shortly before all this happened; in spite of recent events making all that impractical at best and fatal at worst, this wasn't an entirely unwelcome development, and whatever the case he was probably on the lookout for her at this very instant.

It sure as hell feels good to have an ally on this slice of Hell. Even if I will have to choose between killing him and dying by his hand eventually (and that's the best case scenario), it's still comforting. Rose waxed philosophical in her head about her current lot.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
Rose sighed.

"Yeah, that's why I called it a long shot," she told Garrett. She was annoyed, but she made a solid effort at hiding it. The fact that she was surrounded by idiots actually added to the danger of the situation; the gambit she was being forced into playing required everyone else to be somewhat intelligent.

Rose knew how to use a gun, but by no means was she good with it. Garrett was close enough (and strong enough) to knock her out with one strike of his shinai, so she was essentially relying on his fear of her weapon; this, naturally, would fail if Garrett was too dumb to consider his own life.

Rose wasn't even factoring the other girl in, as all she had was a measly paring knife. The other girl would have to be very strong or very lucky to do anything with it, and in Rose's view the girl was far too shy to be either one of those things. The Romanian girl sat on a tree stump.

"Fuck, I'm bored," she said in a dejected manner. For such a brutal game, not a whole lot interesting was going on.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
Rose Codreanu's expression, for a few fleeting seconds, was the definition of pure shock. If there was an entry in the dictionary for "didn't see that coming," her face would be on the page. The fact that the other girl had apparently suddenly grown a pair of solid titanium balls threw a fairly large monkey wrench in her plan.

Gonna have to keep an eye on her, Rose thought to herself. She got up from the tree stump.

"Well, fucking pardon me for making an observation. Unlike you, I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that I'm probably not going to survive this, and I never thought awaiting a horrible death would be this god damned boring," she said, sublimating her horror into calm annoyance.

And from calm annoyance, arose determination.

"But enough of that. If I can put off my death for a while, I'll be happy with that result. Teaming up with you guys does seem like a good means to that," she said with a slight smirk. Rose did not like these two, and she had a gut feeling they didn't like her either. However, killing them could wait. They'd be fairly useful in the short term.
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sean
Member Avatar
Internet de geso~
[ *  * ]
"I've got a bad feeling about the sawmill. Going there probably isn't such a good idea," Rose said. However, before she could finish her sentence, the other two were already out of view.

"Ah, fuck it, if they get killed it's their business, not mine," she mumbled to herself as she rooted through her possessions for her iPod. "Found it," she continued mumbling as she removed the music player and zipped her daypack up.

She put the earbuds in her ears, taking great care to ascertain that the left one was in the left ear and that the right one was in the right ear, took a glance at her iPod, and decided to put it on shuffle. She then adjusted the volume so that the music was audible, but wouldn't drown out any other sound; the alternative, blasting it at ear-splitting levels, was likely to turn out to be a fatal mistake.

"Time to go for a walk."

((Rose Codreanu continued in Where is My Mind?))
V4 Characters

V5 Characters

Quoth Super Llama:

Quote:

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Locked Topic