Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid; [B138] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:36 PM (3,733 Views)
KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
(G092: Jacqueline "Jackie" Maxwell. Start)

"Come on, girl, get a grip, okay?" Jackie said softly to herself as she hugged her shoulders, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her knees were beginning to hurt, what with all of the pieces of bark and dirt digging into them from when she fell to her knees in despair at the realization. She never watched Survival of the Fittest, yet there she was, part of it. Probably without a chance in hell of surviving.

The bag that had been tucked up against her while she was unconscious hadn't been touched, and she didn't want to find out what was inside. She didn't want to get any ideas of what kinds of things she would do to her classmates if she somehow snapped. Unless she got killed, herself.

If that happened, then she wouldn't have to do any killing at all. A quick, painless death would be nice.

"No! Don't think about that!" She yelled at herself, not even caring if anyone around her was able to hear. She wiped the tears from her face with her sleeve and placed her hands on her knees. I still haven't finished my script! It's my magnum opus, as far as I'm concerned! Jackie took a deep breath and stood up with a push off of her hands. Her surroundings were dismal, to say the least, but the setting didn't bother her as much as the figure off in the distance shouting his head off.

It didn't matter what he was shouting; she had to get away. She grabbed the bag, which was still on the ground next to her, and began to tip-toe away from him as quickly as she could.
G###: Lark "Birdie" Finley
(Pending Approval)

B###: _____ ______
(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Jackie froze where she was at the sound of Garrett's voice. She almost tripped over a dead tree root before she was able to get her bearings and turn around, slightly embarrassed. Why am I embarrassed, though? This is a serious situation we're in! A few steps towards the boy told her that he was holding a weapon that was not necessarily lethal. However, the thoughts of what he would have to go through to actually kill someone with it made her complexion go pale. Would he beat someone's skull in? Would he break it and stab the sharp splinters into someone's eyes? The possibilities were endless, and this was just the game to show them all.

She brought up an arm from her duffel bag and waved at him. She said, "Uh... hi!" before giving a nervous chuckle. He looked a little rough and tough, but he seemed like a good guy to her, though her judge of character wasn't exactly great. It was when Jackie saw the other girl that she remembered what Danya said about the contents of their duffels. The other girl in the area already had a gun. A shiver ran up Jackie's spine and she stepped back behind a large tree stump.

"I-if you keep that thing, then I don't think I can stay calm..." she whispered just loud enough for them to hear her.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Even at the slow pace in which the conversation was going, it all was still too fact for Jackie to comprehend. Though she didn't notice it, she had begun to hug her arms around herself as if to keep warm.

"Don't mind the gun, the safety's on and I'm not killing anyone that doesn't attack me first." The girl calling herself Rose said.

Ugh, that's hardly the point. Jackie thought to herself, too paranoid to even think of saying anything remotely offensive out loud in Rose's presence. The gun may have been relatively small, but it was the first real gun Jackie had ever seen, and it was almost as if the weight of the steel contraption was pinning her where she stood.

"We run into someone with a gun, Rose can pop 'em. Sound good?"

He said it so casually that a chill ran up Jackie's spine. Had all of her classmate hid such secrets from her? Just how many of her fellow students were able to look at a gun in their current situation and still speak like a normal teenager? She was able to tell that the guy who called himself Garrett was definitely the most fit-looking person in the group, and that he might have been able to kill them all already if Rose did not have the gun. There was no way to tell whether or not he was legitimately thinking of teaming up for survival or just playing it safe so that he could kill them all later. Rose may have a sweet face on at that moment, but she might end up hiding murderous intent underneath it.

"Anyvay here’s my knife if you vant it." Rein's knife fell down to Jackie's feet with a heavy thud. She had been so lost in thought that she wasn't even listening to what he had been saying. Nevertheless, she picked up the knife-- it looked just like one that she could have found in the kitchen back at home-- and held it in her free hand.

"Th-thanks. I can at least scare somebody off with this. You sure, though?" He did not look nearly as strong as Garrett did, nor did he look nearly as intimidating. If he was willing to give up his weapon, though, then Jackie was glad to let Garrett do all of the muscle flexing for all four of them.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Jackie was definitely not liking the chemistry going on between the four of them. Garrett was clearly pissed off -- and why wouldn't he? -- Rose seemed completely indifferent, and Rein seemed to be trying his best to make nice between everyone.

She did not answer Rose's question, since the answer was pretty obvious, as Garrett so eloquently put.

A glance at the knife in her hand reminded of stage fighting for West Side Story and the little wooden knives that they used to act the scenes out. She had been cast as a male member of one of the gangs, so she had a chance to practice knife fighting when those playing as the main characters weren't looking. The weight of the knife in her hand was definitely enough to make her mess up if she tried to stage fight with it, but if she messed up, then the other person would get hurt. Right then, that was a good thing.

"Actually I'll be going off on my ovn vay Garret." Rein said as he walked off. She would have said goodbye if she did not know that it was most likely for good. It took her by surprise when he turned to her and said, "Oh if you like you can tag along vid me or stay vid dose tvo. Your choice."

After a moment of contemplation, Jackie wiped her tears and, with a good wind-up, smacked herself across the face. The sting made her eyes close tightly, but the sharpness of the pain brought her back to reality. Damn it, Jackie, you're an actress! Audiences will throw flowers at your feet at the end of every show, and people will flock to you for your autograph! No way in hell will this island get in your way! Man the FUCK up! With a deep breath in through her mouth and big sigh pushed out her nose, she said, "I'll be okay. Hope you find who you're looking for."

As Rein ran off, Jackie glanced at her bag. Her weapon was still unknown to all, but she was just given a knife fit to fillet a small fish. If it cuts, it works. All else fails, she can chuck it at someone. I don't need to know what's in here and neither do these two.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
With this knife, I won't be able to do much, will I? Jackie thought to herself. But if I check my weapon in my bag, and it happens to be a gun, then this group might start killing each other. Damn it, I was supposed to be roasting marshmallows and playing charades with the drama club on the trip! I'm supposed to be having fun with all of my friends right now! Why did all of this have to happen? Fuck this island, I want to go home!

"Fuck, I'm bored."

Her eyes widened. "Bored?" Jackie echoed Rose. She took a step towards the stump other girl was sitting on and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, jerking her towards her so that they were face-to-face. "Sure, you have a gun, so you might be a little safer than me and him, but Jesus Christ, grow the fuck up and realize where you are! This isn't one of those bullshit Reality TV shows where everything is scripted, this is the real deal. That is a real gun. Some of the other kids here have probably already died by now! If you want to be entertained, then you'll only have to wait a little longer for everyone else to start shooting at you, because I'm sure that they would be happy to oblige you your entertainment while staying here on Survival of the Fittest Island Resort! But for now, you're with us, so keep your stupid comments to yourself!"

Once she realized what she had done, the color drained from her face. She usually never snapped at people like that, but all of her frustrations burst open at the seams upon hearing what Rose had said. More over, Rose had a gun, and Jackie only had her little knife. She kept her face as stern and angry as it was while she was shouting, using every ounce of acting experience she had to keep herself from shrinking in fear at Rose's given weapon.

Jackie let go of Rose's shirt and adjusted the bag strap on her shoulder. "Sorry about that. Now come on. We need you and you need us." With a bead of sweat sliding down the side of her head, she walked back to Garrett to join him. At that point, she had no idea what was going to happen because of her outburst, but it was already done and there was nothing that she could do about it.
Edited by KingKamor, Aug 16 2010, 06:31 PM.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks to Jackie's lifetime of theatre, she managed to keep herself standing upright and her face straight. If she hadn't lived her life the say she had, she would have done what she had wanted to do: crumpled to the ground in relief that she wasn't shot in the back. Despite this, she still let out a jagged sigh as she walked alongside Garrett.

"…That was pretty good, kid."

"Don't expect me to be able to do much more than that. I'm just an actress, so I can only act tough." Jackie said in response, still severely shaken by the last minute. "But you're a real tough guy, so you should be able to make up for that, right?" She wasn't even trying to flirt or anything; it was just a fact that Garrett was clearly the physically strongest one present.

The map that he had taken out of his bag reminded Jackie that she, too, had such supplies. Her throat had grown coarse from the crying and yelling and carrying on, so she unzipped her bag just enough to stick her hand in and dug around for a water bottle. As she felt around the bag, she was able to come across something clunky, hard, and cold.

It had a trigger and a handle.

She was unable to decipher how she felt about this revelation. Before she knew it, she was already drinking out of the water bottle. The sweet, sweet liquid cooled her throat and quenched her thirst. Putting the bottle back into the bag, she zipped it back up without a word and followed Garrett.

((Jackie Maxwell, continued in All That I've Ever Known))
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Felled Forest: South · Next Topic »
Locked Topic