Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
I'll Need A Saviour; [G110] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:07 PM (5,408 Views)
General Goose
Member Avatar
Don't cast aspersions on my asparagus.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sunil Savarkar - start))

Sunil always was an early riser, in stark contrast to the rest of his family, often the first in his house to get up and get ready for the day ahead. And likewise, he felt he had woken up quite early from the gas, very groggy and with a really painful leg, but awake. And like most students, the first thing on his to-do list was to just have a mental breakdown and panic; burst into tears, bang his head on the nearest tree in frustration and desperation (the only thing he had achieved from that was a very nasty, yet thankfully small, bloody mark on his forehead), then, once the tears had dried up and his head had begun to hurt, swear at the heavens, cursing everyone and everything in existence.

And in his temper tantrums, he had blamed everyone and everything he could, for the most irrational of reasons. He'd blamed his parents for paying for and sending him on the trip (even though he knew full well they'd done it with the best of intentions and they had no way of foreseeing what would happen), he blamed his school for being stupid enough to fall into the trap (even though he knew that they had done nothing wrong in their preparations and had no way of preventing this without hindsight) and he blamed himself; for agreeing to go on the trip, for not doing more with his life, for convincing his parents he was mature and responsible enough to go on the trip without ending up getting a girl pregnant or appearing on the internet in a drunken picture wearing just a lampshade and a flip-flop. He had been the well-behaved, obedient child in the Savarkar family, and this was how his good behaviour was rewarded? An early death?

And he also blamed Danya and his cronies for this clusterfuck of a situation as well, but that wasn't so irrational.

He was on an island. Middle of nowhere. He and his classmates had all been given weapons and told to kill each other. Words could not describe how much that sucked. Oh, and as the many cameras constantly reminded him, it was on TV, so his parents, sister and brother could watch him panic, go insane and eventually die.

Not only that, but any sick, depraved moronic couch potato who thought it was just harmless entertainment could sit back and watch and laugh at his death or whatever. Hopefully they'd all get heart attacks from all that lounging around on the sofa or something. He'd never liked SOTF, he'd always thought it was pointless garbage at best and a terrorist attack at worst (unlike his sister, though her opinion of the show would probably change upon seeing her brother on it), and now he was in it, his hatred for the fans and the people behind it had just grown.

And after all the anger had left his body, Sunil had decided to calm down, stop making a fool of himself on TV and just approach his situation from a logical, strategic perspective. Okay.

First things first, Sunil decided to check the two bags he had. That was the most logical thing to do. One was the fairly small bag he'd brought on the trip, the other was a bag he'd never seen before with B031 stamped on it in bold lettering. Sunil had no idea what that meant; it could be a code name, some obscure designer logo, just some random characters printed on the bag to make him paranoid. Out of curiosity, he opened that one first, half expecting the bag to be rigged to explode upon contact. That wasn't the case, so he frantically searched through the bag, finding a flashlight, map (glancing at it quickly, Sunil was surprised at how big it was. How did the terrorists find such a big island?), compass, first aid kit, a survival guide (which he slotted into his pocket, he'd read it as he walked) and what he presumed were the rations.

Crackers, bread, water and a few cans. Pretty shitty, but meh, he'd get by. Yeah, that was probably all the stuff that Danya douche said would be in the bag during that little briefing, he told himself. He frankly couldn't remember many of the exact details that had happened during their briefing, and he didn't want to think about it too much unless he remembered another traumatic atrocity like the slaughter of his teachers. It was hard enough to cope with that without remembering a student being shot right next to him or something. He decided to quickly swig down a small bit of water, try and solve the dry throat and headache he had. As he did so, he remembered one thing Danya had DEFINITELY mentioned that he couldn't find: that random weapon they were all given. He was troubled by his lack of an apparent weapon, which despite his thorough searching, there was absolutely no sign of. Maybe getting no weapon whatsoever was one of things you could get rolled?

Well, that sucked.

Quickly rummaging through his old bag, he found it had obviously been touched, but aside from his phone, nothing had been stolen. His clothes, sketchpad, books and the various other essentials and crap he had brought along had all been left intact. Not even noticing his phone had been taken, he picked up the two bags and set off on a walk.

He had been walking in circles for what felt like hours through the woods. The only sign of human activity he saw were the cameras and an occasional footprint on the ground, and he distracted himself by reading that survival guide a few times and just looking at his surroundings. He was staring at this rather mundane flower (one he'd never seen before, admittedly), when he heard talking. It sounded like some boy was leaving someone else, off to go find another person they wanted.

That meant that the person the talking person was leaving was still in the area. Right now, being with someone else sounded like a great idea to Sunil. It was unlikely people had gone bananas and started shooting each other THIS early in the game, and "safety in numbers" seemed like a very good short-term plan.

And so Sunil rushed to where he thought the sounds were coming from, to find not one but three people in a group. Not bothering to check for any weapons or to see if it was a bad time to pop in, Sunil meekly introduced himself. "Eh. Hey guys. It's Sunil. I heard talking and I....well, I had nothing better to do so I thought I might come over here. See what's up...is everything alright?"
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The sole person at the site, upon hearing Sunil's voice, turned around to see who he was, falling over in the process. Stifling a chuckle, Sunil saw the first student he saw on the island was a rather chubby boy who was busy with a shotgun.

Oh great. I got absolutely bugger all and the first person I see has a shotgun. Life is absolutely great.

John, that was his name. Sunil had seen him around a few times before, and if he remembered correctly, John was a fellow artist. He had a really mundane surname too, Smith or Johnson or something. Judging by the fact John had not yet killed Sunil and was replying to him in a rather calm, helpful way meant he had no (current) intentions of blasting the wannabe businessman's face off. And apparently there were two others who Sunil had just missed. They weren't playing too. That's good. Being surrounded by a group of people who were going along with Danya's little game didn't seem like a very clever tactic.

"So, they're getting her bags, you say? Cool", Sunil replied, leaning against the nearest tree, staring awkwardly at what looked like a piece of moss on a branch nearby. Jay and Maria, the other two were named. Well, they were at least a couple of Marias at Bayview, but the only Jay he'd heard of was a guy called Jay Holland. "Yeah...quite a bad situation we're in. So, I hate to be Captain Obvious, but guessing you got rolled a shotgun?" he added, taking his bags off of his back and dumping them on the ground.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Rolled?"

"Oh, yeah, my sister was a fan of the show...." Sunil replied, a frown on his face as he remembered his sister's love for the show, going on roleplaying sites and everything. Sunil hoped his use of the past tense was accurate, but she may well just be sitting in New York watching the show with her friends and some popcorn oblivious to the fact her brother was on it. "And they randomly give us weapons, like a dice roll. I think it's more of a fan term than anything, but I dunno."

"Yeah... What did you get?"

"No. Idea." He sighed, once again shifting through his bag to try and check for anything unusual or strange hidden under something or in a fold of the bag's fabric, the cans and the water bottles tumbling around the bag noisily as he did so. Zilch. Bumpkis. More annoyed at the lack of a proper weapon, than scared for his life, he continued "Yeah, I think sometimes they may just give you nothing. For a laugh. Heh. Reeeaaaal funny." Adding a loud not at the end would help make the point clear, but Sunil hoped his sarcastic tone and the pissed off look on his face would make the message clear enough.

As he did that, John offhandedly commented that they should go find somewhere with walls. That sounded like a good strategy. "Wait. We have a map." Once again going through his bag, he searched around for the folded-up piece of paper, withdrawing it before opening it up. Sunil had, in his various outdoors expeditions, come to know maps fairly well. Not an expert, but unlike some of his braindead peers he could use one. And this one was crap. Readable, but crap. "Right. Erm...there's a town....a parish, an infarma....enfirm...clinic thing, a ranger station, a mine, a fun fair," he allowed himself to chuckle at the cliche. A fun fair where people die. Not only is this Danya guy a shithead, he's unoriginal and has a crappy sense of humour. Continuing to list the built-up locations, he added "A mansion with a little hut, and a warehouse. Think that's all the places we can find walls. Unless this map is lying."

Sunil wouldn't be surprised if it was.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, everything seemed to be going alright, even though the possibility the map was faked was a very real one. John seemed to be like a good guy to have backing you in this kind of situation, and hopefully Jay and Maria would be just as easy to get on with. Sunil decided to put the map in his pocket (along with the compass) and do one last check in his daypack to see if he had a weapon. Maybe it was something stupid like a string or an extra cracker or something. Regardless of whether he had a weapon or not, hopefully the rest of John's little group would come back soon and they'd all be able to come up with an efficient and clever plan to get out of this, or at least survive as long as possible.

As if on cue, the other, larger part of John's group came back from their bag-hunting expedition at that exact moment. And before the boy could even register their presence, Jay had already started shouting and spazzing out like Sunil was the madman waving a gun about. Before Sunil could react to this, let out a yelp, form a coherent thought or even finish changing the expression on his face, he heard a distinctive click.

Jay had pulled the trigger.

The bastard.

Judging by the fact it was only a click, not a bang, Sunil guessed the gun wasn't loaded. The fact he didn't have any glaring holes in him supported that theory, and as what had happened slowly began to sink into Sunil's mind, he found himself focusing his eyes, ears and thoughts solely on Jay, the boy who very well could have killed him there and then if he hadn't been so lazy or incompetent with loading his gun. Shaking from fear and shock, Sunil stuttered, trying to form a response to the barrage of questions from this Jay guy. All he could do was squeeze onto his bag to try and stay as calm as possible.

After what seemed like a century, a painful, gruelling, confusing century, Sunil's thoughts settled down enough that he was able to notice that John had obviously been pissed off by Jay's trigger-happiness and had his shotgun aimed at Jay. His mouth agape and his body quivering, Sunil was finally able to muster up the strength to speak, quietly muttering "What the fuck was that for? All...all, I did was just find a classmate and talk to them." Sunil paused to let a nervous chuckle, his eyes concentrating on a rotten leaf on the ground, his emotions running all over the place and small parts of his mind still unable to accept the reality of what had just transpired.

Sunil continued, his voice slowly becoming louder and more confident as the normally meek boy subconsciously realised that Jay was unable to do much with an unloaded gun in his hands and a shotgun in his face, and anger began to take over from the shock and fear, "You know, because this is a fucked up situation, all I did was talk to him and then you come back here and see me talking to him, and like a fucking retard, you decide to fucking spazz out and fucking shoot me. And the only reason I'm still alive, is because YOU'RE too fucking stupid to recognise that in a situation like this, loading a gun is quite a fucking good idea, and shooting random people willy-nilly like some paranoid fuck is not gonna help you survive for very long." By now, Sunil was standing up, his daypack dumped, clumsily at his feet, his fists flenched, his face twisted into an expression of pure fury and his voice as loud as possible without full-on shouting.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sunil was unimpressed by Jay's frantic attempts to redeem himself and somehow justify his impulsive actions. His excuse seemed to vary from 'COD told me to shoot all the Indians' to 'I tripped in such a way that I aimed my gun at you and pulled the trigger', but to be brutally honest Sunil couldn't understand half the words Jay was saying. He did manage to gather something about Maria (judging from what Jay said she'd wondered off to go get lost in the forest) and a guy called Daniel (presumably the guy he'd heard leaving, but what relevance that had to the current conversation Sunil had no idea), but he frankly didn't care what Jay had to say. A growing part of him wanted John to just put Jay out of his misery with a little shotgun blast.

However, a boy who Sunil previously had not noticed stepped in front of Jay and began to go on some holier-than-thou monologue about calming down and stuff, turning to Sunil to add "And whoever you are, I'm sorry Jay almost shot you. But he didn't, whats done is done." That comment did nothing but piss Sunil off even more (would Mr. Peacemaker be saying the same bullshit if Sunil had actually been shot?), and the Indian boy gave the newcomer a quick angry glare, before returning to focusing his eyes on monitoring Jay.

By now, John had introduced Sunil to the two other boys and Jay had rambled on about how it was an accident and that they should go find this Maria girl, so Sunil decided to speak again, trying to speak in the calmest yet most authoritative tone he was capable of, yet it sounded more rude and bossy. "Fine. Fine. I'll stay with you guys, I won't bear a grudge...on one condition. You." He pointed at Jay. "You cannot be allowed to carry a gun except in special circumstances. If your first instinct upon seeing a new person when you're carrying a gun is to shoot them, I don't want you having it. That's it."

He returned to his bags, putting them back in his bag. "If you agree, let's head off and go find that Maria girl. If not, well, I can do perfectly fine on my own and I'm sure you can as well."
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, his rather reasonable offer had been refused, which sucked, but him carrying it in his pocket or bag with the safety on and probably unloaded seemed fair to Sunil. Jay would probably still find a way to accidentally shoot one of the group, preferably himself, but the gun being safely lodged away in his bag was better than nothing. Sunil, scratching a really annoying itch behind his right ear, mentally assessed the situation. John seemed cool, and was definitely being the most logical person in the group right now. Jojo was annoying and seemed to side with Jay, but overall didn't seem dangerous or crazy, while Jay....well, Sunil wasn't the type to easily forgive someone who almost shot him. Going by the way Jojo and Jay seemed to expect Sunil to forgive and forget, that made him a rare individual.

"Well, if we go looking for Maria, we can look for food. With my book here, we should do just fine."

"I know some things about plants, too. I like to garden, so... You know. That's how. I should know some things without having to look in the book. But we can double-check."

"Yeah," Sunil muttered, "I know some stuff about plants and stuff as well." Which is good, three of the four members of the little team seemed to have a shared interest, which should make getting along much easier, as well as the interest being a very practical one in such a hostile situation like this. Jay, in contrast, didn't seem to be the type to have much interest in most plants.

"So...." Sunil said, sitting on the ground and crossing his legs. He was speaking in a rather formal tone, he didn't yet quite feel like talking to Jay or Jojo in a casual or friendly way. "Err...so, why are we going? And what Maria are we looking for; don't quite know who she is or who you mean." Shifting around on the ground to get more comfortable, Sunil was visually annoyed at the fact he'd chosen to sit on a rather muddy, damp bit of grass, but he had bigger worries at the moment, he'd end up getting rather dirty and smelly by the end of this scenario anyway. Pulling his bags towards him, he produced a bottle of water from the daypack and gulped down a few sips. His throat had gotten rather parched and sore from being so angry.
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, no-one answered his question about Maria (neither Jojo or John seemed to know, and Jay was being as helpful as always), but Sunil frankly had no better plan or anything better to do, so he decided that he was going to follow them in their hunt for Maria anyway, at least until something or someone better came along. The next few days would be uncomfortable, boring, depressing and stressful and would probably end in his death, so he might as well hang out with people he'd usually stay away from. Sure, he'd rather that Jay moron was not there, and it appeared the feeling was mutual, but you couldn't have it all. Sunil had hung out with people he disliked before, but that was mainly because they were with his friends, not out of a need to survive.

Anyway, he'd seen this sort of thing in video games and books and films before. A disorganised bunch of people with nothing in common coming together to achieve a common goal (in this case, survive.) And while the beginning was often tough, they came close by the end. So, he'd probably end his time on the island looking past the faults of John and Jojo and even Jay, and becoming firm friends with all of....

"And thus our Journey begins. Four unlikely heroes on a quest to save a beautiful princess with a nice ass from the evil, possibly homosexual, wizard Danya. Who also sucks dick in his spare time. Our Soundtrack shall be Jump on It. For great justice n' shits an' giggles. Feel free to, y'know sing along. It's like 99 Bottles, only less gay. This one goes out to the shawtys fuckin' about on this godforsaken island..."

Oh, God. This was going to be a painful trip...

Letting out a sigh, he scooped up his stuff and slung his bags over his shoulders. Letting out a mumbled "Sure, let's go" he began following Jay and John, trying to block out the obnoxious singing with his thoughts.

((Sunil Savarkar continued in One of Three))
V7 peeps:
Nick Ogilvie
Ashlynn Martinek
Bill Winlock
Camille Bellegarde

V6 peeps:
Kiziah Saraki
Bradley Floyd
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Locked Topic