Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
I'll Need A Saviour; [G110] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:07 PM (5,319 Views)
Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
Lets play hide and Seaking!
[ *  *  * ]
(B128 Start)

Huh? Why is it so bright in my room? I always shut the curtains before I go to bed...oh fuck me...

Jojo quickly opened and closed his eyes and realized his fears were true. No, the abduction was not some prank by the faculty to scare the class into behaving or something. No, he was not back at home getting ready for school before leaving for the trip. No, he was not going to come back from this trip with funny stories to tell his parents and Emily about how some kids were caught sneaking into each other's bunks at night.

Well, isn't this great, trapped in the middle of who knows where with everyone out to get you. At least I still have friends. They wouldn't think of really killing me just to get off this island right? Right, we'll all make it to the end and somehow convince this Danya guy to let a few extra out.

Out of all the subjects Jojo knew, SOTF was one of his weakest. He saw some clips of the more gruesome deaths and read a few articles online about it, but mostly tried to ignore it as he thougt it would never become relevant to him. Until now when it was too late to get read up on it of course. After a good bit of sitting and hoping everything would be alright, Jojo got up and looked at the bags next to him. He searched through his duffel bag and found all his spare wood-working tools gone with only some carpenter pencils, paper, clothes, and his favorite books on plants and woodworking techniques. Jojo had figured he could just buy all his food when they got there.

Great plan Jojo, at least you won't eat any poisonous berries and be caught with your pants down when someone kills you. But none of them would really do that anyways, I never made any enemies at school.

Jojo laughed nervously at the thought and searched through the daypack and found everything he heard would be in there. Except there was no weapon...but there was some camo gear inside...

Great, trapped in the middle of nowhere and I can't even protect anybody. All I can do is hide or walk around to find my friends. Well, might as well do the latter while I'm awake.

After repacking everything, Jojo quickly set out in a brisk walk and soon tripped. He fell in a heap and his favorite cap flew off his head and landed slightly in front of him. After landing, he felt that the ground wasn't quite what he was expecting it to feel like. He got up and saw that he tripped on someone's bag and landed on a girl's uniform from his school. Now most would assume something quite simple like a girl changed her clothes or someone had stolen a bag and found nothing useful but Jojo was quickly starting to lose his hold on sanity as the denial and stress began building up.

"Oh God, its just like in Dragonball Z where people were absorbed by Cell and all that was left was their clothes!" he yelled. He quickly snatched his cap up and backed up to the nearest tree and just stayed there. Shivering while trying to cover himself in the camo the best he could so he would just blend in and nothing would absorb him while leaving only his clothes behind.
Edited by Whirlpool531, Aug 23 2010, 03:17 PM.
V5 Characters

22:41 Caligulove (Ruggahissy) STOP SOLICITING STRANGERS FOR GAY TUBE SEX
23:50 Elena Ebay doesn't seem like it'd work. Ebay is for like, seocnd hand stuff and virginity can't really be second hand.
21:14 bacon THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BRING YOUR PENIS INTO THE CHATROOM
16:07 Dom Sizzler is an american straight house
19:54 DomienSandow I'm gary oak
19:54 DomienSandow you can't ignore my girth
12:59 GeneralGoose MY NIPPLES ARE EXPLODING WITH DELIGHT
Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
(Removed by poster to keep posting order intact.)
Edited by Whirlpool531, Aug 23 2010, 05:14 PM.
V5 Characters

23:50 Elena Ebay doesn't seem like it'd work. Ebay is for like, seocnd hand stuff and virginity can't really be second hand.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Jojo began feeling quite embarassed about his entire reaction to seeing the girl's clothes on the ground and softly pounded the back of his head against the tree he was hiding next to.

Great job Jojo, you just made an idiot out of yourself and everyone who watches Survival of the Fittest saw it. You can't afford to panic. Your friends might not kill you, but that still leaves out everyone else in your graduating class. After all, the less familiar they are with you, the easier for them to get rid of you.

As he contemplated his situation, Jojo heard footsteps coming near and stopped his head and allowed it to rest on the tree.

Its alright, someone likely just heard you yell like a fool and came to investigate. If one of them is someone you know, go out. Otherwise just keep hiding and let them pass.

As they came into view, Jojo quickly gave an internal sigh of relief at the sight of Jay. He didn't know the girl that was with Jay but Jojo realized she likely was the owner of the bag and she just changed clothes. He was about to go out and greet them when he saw the gun in Jay's hands.

"Anyone here...?" he heard Jay whisper.

Woah, easy does it Jojo, don't want to spook the first friend you find only to get shot by them. Just gotta tell him not to shoot and announce who you are and everything will be fine.

"Whatever you do Jay, don't shoot its Jojo!" he replied as he slowly revealed himself to Jay and Maria.

Edited by Whirlpool531, Aug 25 2010, 10:15 AM.
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Jojo breathed a sigh of relief at Jay's invitation and Maria's complying with it.

"Well given the circumstances I'd find it difficult to say anything other than...yes to your invitation." he said before looking towards Maria, "I'm Joss Joiner but I prefer Jojo. Sorry about your clothes, I woke up and in a panic tripped over your bag and landed on them." Jojo blushed at his admission of clumsiness.

Well things are looking up, maybe if we found Alex and a few others we can make it out of this ok. Unless Alex is as close to breaking as I was, maybe he already has. Still, I've got to try and do my best to help my friends and myself get out of this.

"Well, now that we've got what you came for, lets get back to...John right? Where to next though? Shouldn't we look for our other friends? I was getting kinda freaked out by this whole situation before you guys got here so I can't imagine how they're feeling. At the same time though, if we ran into someone who doesn't know us or like us too much they could easily decide to..." Jojo couldn't finish the sentence, he was still finding it a bit hard to believe the reality of this situation. "...So yeah, we can figure that out later I guess. I just want you two to know, no matter what, I'll always have your back. I know it might seem stupid to trust myself to others right now, but I can't just let all I do be about me. If something happens, I'll die happy knowing I tried my hardest to keep the people I know safe and didn't let someone control my actions. In case that does happen, Jay you can have first dibs on my stuff."

Having said what he felt was needed, Jojo picked up his daypack and duffel bag then faced his comrades again.
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Click.

Jojo thought things were going so well until that fateful moment, he found a friend, had a goal, and now he could think. So why did it all have to go downhill so quickly?

Shit shit shit shit, Jay's panicking, the other guy is panicking...and Maria is leaving? Ok she's not important right now, gotta defuse this situation before anyone ends up dead.

"Uh I-" Jojo began before Sunil picked up steam and tore Jay a new one.

Damn...ok he's pissed. Did Jay really mean to shoot? I doubt it, he's normally way too mellow to do something like that. He wouldn't be trying to kill everyone right? He's a friend so he wouldn't do that would he? Can't think about that now, gotta get back to stopping this!

Jojo hoped he wouldn't regret this decision later and quickly ran in front of Jay and spread his arms to shield Jay from the others.

"Everyone just shut up and calm down!" Jojo quickly looked back and forth between the two and hoped Fatty John wasn't an ironic nickname as he looked towards the boy with the shotgun. "Hey, you're John right? You have a class with Jay right? He said he wasn't playing right? Shouldn't you know him well enough that he would stay true to his word?" Then he looked towards Sunil, "And whoever you are, I'm sorry Jay almost shot you. But he didn't, whats done is done. If we stay here like this we'll just attract the people who really want to kill us!" After he finished with Sunil, Jojo turned his head towards Jay and whispered, "For the love of God, straighten up and say something! I was about to lose it before you found me, I don't want to be alone like that again!"
Edited by Whirlpool531, Aug 30 2010, 03:59 AM.
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Jojo finally relaxed his arms a little and lowered them a little as John aimed his gun towards the ground and introduced Jojo and Jay to Sunil. Then he asked for Jojo's name.

Alright, good he's listening at least. Still Jay is really freaked out it seems and this Sunil guy is a bit hard to read right now...

Jojo found his answer when he saw that quick angry glare before Sunil layed out his terms.

Alright, he's pissed, Jay's panicking, and John is the only other person who is listening to reason right now. Still, he's right that Jay shouldn't be holding it but who else would have it? I can't use it and I don't trust Sunil to hold it without a grudge. Trusting all our guns to John isn't that good either...maybe...

First, responding to John, "I'm Joss, Joss Joiner. My friends call me Jojo." Quickly looking towards Sunil, "I agree Jay shouldn't have his gun out but he should still be allowed to carry it. If he agrees to put it in his bag or pocket with the safety on will it be alright?"

Jojo quickly turned around and dropped his bags in front of Jay and then pretended to go through them while whispering to Jay, "I don't trust Sunil, whatever you do, don't let him have the gun." Jojo then pulled out one of his books on plantlife, put everything else away, and reassumed his position while leaving his hands down and turned towards the other two. "Well, if we go looking for Maria, we can look for food. With my book here, we should do just fine."
Edited by Whirlpool531, Sep 5 2010, 02:00 PM.
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Jojo was relieved that neither Sunil or John caught onto his act and had a faint smile at the thought of common ground.

Great, maybe our love of plants can make us strengthen our bonds and not get at each other's necks so easily. Though I have a feeling that the only plants Jay knows to identify are going to be in short supply on this island. A shame since they'd help him calm down. Still, Sunil brings up a valid point for once. Who is Maria? I hardly know her and I spouted off a promise to protect her and Jay. I really hope I don't end up regretting that. I hate making promises I can't keep.

"I don't know much about her either, Sunil right? All I know is that its thanks to her I found Jay. She seemed nice enough, I think she just left because she was afraid it might get ugly. So if anything happens to her it would kind of be our fault." Jojo started thinking of all the horrors the island could inflict on her as he began searching through the daypack this time. "So, did anyone get a good idea of which way she went? Maybe she went off and rested nearby." Jojo pulled out the map and compass and began combing it for information. "Well, since I haven't heard or seen any water nearby I think we're in the more inland part of the woods. Taking into consideration that Maria wasn't dressed to travel long distances, I'd say she went into this building to the east of us. However, if we're on the eastern part of the island's woods, she could have gone north or south of us. Do you guys have any idea where we are?"
Edited by Whirlpool531, Sep 7 2010, 05:10 PM.
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

Whirlpool531
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
He sighed as everyone ignored his questions in favor of following Jay's lead.

Oh well, at least we're not at each other's throats anymore. I hope it stays that way. he thought as he hastily put his map and compass in the duffel bag's side pocket. With a dash he fell in line with the rest as Jay continued with his rambling.

Well whatever helps him calm down, just as long as he doesn't start... Jojo was interrupted as his friend announced the soundtrack and started singing. I swear to God I'm going to get him back for this when we're off the island.

Jojo just looked towards the ground as they continued their trip. Unaware that elsewhere his promise to Maria had been mangled by the string of fate.

(Joss "Jojo" Joiner continued in One of Three)
V5 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Locked Topic