Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
I'll Need A Saviour; [G110] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:07 PM (5,317 Views)
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dark.

Wet.

Quiet.

What's going on? Where is this? I don't...ugh, my head...why is my neck so cold?

She stumbled forward, the sun mostly blocked out by the trees, making the area quite dark. But she tripped, a bag blocking her feet. She looked down at that bag, squinting at the sticker on the daypack which certainly wasn't hers.

G110.

She remembered the cold feeling on her neck and moved a hand up, touching the collar that she was wearing.

Oh no.

She screamed at the top of her lungs.

MARIA SANTIAGO [G110] - ALIVE

Maria remembered it now. All of it. The auditorium, the teachers dying, the announcement...that they were on Survival of the Fittest. God, it's all real...what did I do to deserve this, Jesus? Why me? What did I do...? She was sobbing, hysterical by now. I'm going to die...I'm going to die. All the world's going to watch me die... Oddly enough, that thought calmed her. Not the thought of dying, of course- the thought of being on television. She was going to be famous, just like she always wanted.

Not that this was how she would have chosen to go about it.

Sitting down on the forest floor- grimacing as she noticed how gross and covered in mud she was- she rifled through the contents of her daypack. They said we get a weapon, right? Please be something decent... But there was nothing. Food, water, flashlight- which she immediately took out and turned on- all of that was there, but the only extra she had was a Survival of the Fittest commemorative postcard, the image on the front an artist depiction of Adam Dodd's killing of Cody Jenson. Maria stared at it for a minute. What is this? Is this supposed to be...my weapon?

She almost began crying again. No, Maria, calm down. Don't worry about it...all you need is someone to help you. No problem. Plenty of people will be willing to save you...Everyone loves you. You'll be fine. Maria nodded to herself and looked over at the other object on the floor- her own personal bag. She flipped through it- and smiled. New clothes! I can get out of this muddy...grossness...

Maria pulled out another school uniform, identical to the one she was already wearing except in cleanliness, and started to take off her clothes, praying no one would decide now was a good time to walk by.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay. New clothes. That's a start, right?

Maria nodded to herself, doing a little twirl in her clean clothes. She left her filthy old uniform, along with the rest of her duffel bag, on the ground, picking up her daypack instead. She kept the flashlight in her hand and on- both so that she could see and because it was the closest thing she had to a weapon. She began to walk. Why? Who knew? What else was there to do out here? Sitting, alone, in the darkest part of the woods, with absolutely nothing for a weapon, with hundreds of other kids out there who might have knives or swords or- Maria gulped- guns wasn't going to do much for her.

She was gonna have to get a move on.

Find that hero.

She hated this. It was a sign of how desperate, how hysterical that she was that she was looking for someone to help her. Maria Santiago did NOT rely on others. Ever. But with a postcard as a weapon, what was she supposed to do?

Maria began to walk, taking a look at the map in her daypack as she did so. There was plenty of woods around the island, and technically she could be in any of them, but the thickest woods seemed to be in the northeast. She took her compass out of the daypack, angling herself towards the southwest- the quicker she got out of these damn woods, the better.

---

She made progress. Turned out most of the woods wasn't quite this thick- soon enough Maria found herself not needing the flashlight. It was still quite sunny outside, and the light shone quite easily through the trees here. She turned off the flashlight but continued to hold it, steadily making her way southwest. Towards what? Who cares? Anything! Anything but this...

Footsteps.

That weren't hers.

Maria screamed and jumped, practically falling backwards in fear. Someone was nearby. Someone...either her hero or her killer. Or someone else, she supposed, but that seemed unlikely- this game seemed to work in absolutes.

"Hello?!" she called out, sounding more afraid than she'd wanted to. "Who's there? I...Who's there?!"
Edited by Hollyquin, Aug 8 2010, 10:20 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh god.

It was a boy.

Now, Maria wasn't exactly the flirtatious type. Hell, she hardly talked to boys at all. Ten years of gender-separated Catholic school education meant that she was most comfortable around girls. Boys made her nervous as hell, truth be told. Especially here, considering that everyone was supposedly out to kill each other...and all she had to defend herself with was a flashlight and a postcard...Oh...oh my god...

I'm going to die, aren't I?

For a moment, it was pure fear. Then, reason.

No...no I'm not. Boys...boys are easily manipulated, right? Right. So are girls, but...eh...I'll just get them to love me. Easy enough. They can take care of the bad guys for me.

Maria made a face, just thinking that. Relying on some boys to keep her safe...she didn't exactly have a choice in the matter, but it was still enough to make her cringe. Maybe I can just...keep them around and...get one of their weapons? Maybe I can protect myself...but I need a gun or something. In the meantime, though...dumb muscle.

Maria shook her head, concentrating. Now was the time to act- to act, as in to pretend. She'd have to be sympathetic. It wasn't too hard to make herself tear up- she was, after all, terrified- though doing so made her more angry at herself than anything. She held the flashlight tight in her hand as she made her way, slowly, towards the voice she'd just heard.

"J-John?" Maria said somewhat loudly, this time purposely letting the fear come through in her voice. She searched through her memory banks for a John. There was...well, she couldn't say nothing. There was more than one John in the school, after all. "I...My name's Maria...I n-need help..." Her voice decreased in volume and fell to a whisper as she suddenly came upon the boy she'd been looking for.

He had a gun. A BIG gun.

Maria whimpered- a real, unplanned reaction, which she was immediately irritated at herself for. He has a gun. Whatever. That's good. The better to protect me with. And to steal later, maybe. She rubbed at her eyes, partially because she was tired and partially to provoke herself into producing more tears.

"Ah...um, hello. I...Hah, I don't really know what to do...m-my only weapon is a postcard..." She hoped she looked properly pathetic as she whispered those words.

And then, more unforeseen circumstances.

The bushes behind her rattled.

Maria screamed, again- not planned, again- and whirled around to find another boy. Another boy with a gun.

Either I'm getting a really good bodyguard squad together, or I'm gonna be really dead, really soon.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That first boy...John, his name was? He seems nice enough...even waving a big gun like that around. He looks so...harmless. He's not gonna shoot me. Why on earth should he? And this other boy...

Maria almost laughed, but doing so would've blown her cover, wouldn't it? He's like, ten times more afraid than I am! Pathetic, really. He's the one with the gun, what's he so worried about? I'm the one with the postcard...ugh...he won't shoot me either. Though having him point a gun at her was enough to make her nervous for at least a few seconds.

Then that second boy- he seemed familiar, at least as someone that Maria made a point not to talk to. Something with a J?- found cover behind a tree. Seemed like a good plan, kind of pathetic but whatever- he dropped his gun, probably not so smart, and-

"Holy- JOHN WATCH OUT!"

By the time Maria turned back to John, he was on the floor. She screamed for the third time in so many minutes. For a moment, she thought he might be dead- someone had shot him in the back. But, she figured, she would have heard that-

Maria didn't really have much time to ponder, as there was another boy behind John, the one who'd knocked him down, and now John's shotgun was lying on the floor-

Gun-

It was practically instinct that led Maria to grab the gun, even though it was practically bigger than she was. She took several steps back, holding it on her shoulder, pointing it at the boy who'd just arrived. Should I run off...? No, I have no clue how to use this thing...no ammo either. Ugh, this whole playing the victim thing is getting on my nerves... She kept the act up though, forcing a stutter into her voice.

"D-don't...don't do anything stupid! I...I've g-got a gun!"
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chaos, chaos, chaos. Maria hated chaos. The other boy, the one with the J name, came out of nowhere waving his gun around, he'd fallen, he was freaking out, the third boy- a redhead- looked scared, the first boy, John, was still on the floor, and she was of one mind just to pop everyone in the damn head right about now, just so they would all shut up, stop yelling at each other, urgh, why is everyone yelling all of a sudden, this is so stupid, what do people think this is gonna accomplish, like- wait. What?

"I... I didn't load the shotgun... "

Oh. Well, hell.

So, what had that J-boy been ranting about? Putting our weapons down? Well, I might as well, now. This thing's useless. Maria sighed and rested the shotgun at the ground by her feet. No idea how to use that thing, anyway...oh well. She sniffled rather pathetically, looking back and forth between the boys, putting on her best cutesy act for the cameras.

"I...um...can everyone please calm down...? All the yelling, it's...it's hurting my head..." All in the puppy dog eyes, Maria. Works on everyone. "M-my name's Maria. C-can we all just try to...to get along?"
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Maria was in the farthest thing from a good mood right about now. Having a bunch of gun-wielding boys around- assuming those guns weren't pointed at her- should have been a GOOD thing. But no, she'd ended up with the boys who panic and yell at each other and...ugh, just ugh. The whole 'I'm an innocent little girl terrified of everything' act was wearing on her as well. She wanted to stand up straight, give some damn orders, and get her new bodyguard brigade to march her out of this forest. THAT was what Maria did. THAT was Maria's life, and THAT was how Maria was gonna get out of her alive, but she couldn't do that as long as she was pretending to be scared out of her mind and as long as these boys were spouting all kinds of crap and Maria never cursed but God, forgive me, but they so deserve it right now.

The big one- John, right? John- was her favorite right now. Even though he dropped the ball on the shotgun. At least he was relatively quiet. Calm. Ish. As opposed to that Jay kid, who was panicking something fierce- real panicking. Though he seemed okay, for the most part. He'd be a decent ally, if he'd just calm down.

And that other boy, mister-lets-kick-people-in-the-back-why-the-hell-not Daniel, who wanted to escape.

Maria very nearly smacked him. She wanted to escape too- who wouldn't?- but she knew it was impossible and bringing it up was only going to make her feel worse. Luckily the other two boys came in and smacked him for her. Verbally. She was glad to know that her potential bodyguard brigade lacked any delusions. At least that way they could be focused on a task. That task being not letting her die. And then what? And then...I'll steal one of their guns and kill them both. She didn't feel guilty, thinking that, but she also didn't think of that as being something that was actually going to happen. Hell, after her performance Maria almost didn't want to leave the island.

I'm never gonna let myself live this down.

"Look... Escape isn't going to happen. I say, well. Lets... lets just stay here awhile, until one of us thinks of a better plan. I think I need a minute after all that."

Maria nodded. She was surprised to be agreeing with something Jay was saying, but everyone needed to calm down. And she needed segue time. No way she was gonna be the scared little girl any longer.

"I agree with Jay. Lets...lets all calm down really quick, okay? And then...lets try to get out of the forest. Okay?"

She frowned, suddenly.

"Oh, and did any of you happen to see a duffel bag out there? I changed clothes, and I was thinking about going back for the rest, but I don't know how to find it now..."
Edited by Hollyquin, Aug 22 2010, 04:01 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So, Daniel was terrifying. That was something that Maria was learning rather quickly as this encounter in the forest went on, and as far as she could tell the other two agreed with her, and thank god he didn't have a gun because they'd be SO dead by now if he did. The other two will keep him away from me. It'll be fine. No freaking out now, Maria. Focus. You've got to lead. Or else you're gonna have to follow, and that's not gonna happen Especially not with this group of idiots. Ugh.

"You changed clothes knowing you're being watched by half the country?"

Maria blinked.

What did he just say?

She thought about it for a second. Then it clicked.

This is a TV show.

There's cameras everywhere.

And I just...I...I...


She'd forgotten about the cameras. Entirely. All she'd wanted was some nice, clean clothes. And now...

...Oh god oh god oh god ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

At some point her thoughts reached her lips. She barely noticed.

"OhgodohgodohgodohgodOHGOD!"

Her hands immediately went to cover her chest, and then her crotch, and then her butt, as though she was still naked. Then, remembering that she was in fact not still naked, she buried her face in her hands instead.

I was NAKED. On TELEVISION. Like some cheap little...oh god...I'm, like, Rosa Fiametta level of whore! I'm WORSE! Oh, god, I'm a bad, bad person...how am I supposed to face anyone now? Her face was burning- not red, due to her skin tone, but burning nonetheless. She heard the boys' advice regarding finding her clothes, but Lord knows she wasn't gonna be changing again. She definitely didn't want them anymore.

Maria ended up mumbling to herself- "I'm a bad person. Oh god. I was naked. On TV. My parents are gonna hate me forever. Urgh..."

I'm so going to hell.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If Maria was a bigger nerd, she'd refer to her current state of being as a heroic BSOD. As it were, she could only refer to it as oh god oh god I was naked on TV oh god oh god ohgodohgodohgod, which, while not quite as succinct a description, was definitely more specific.

Sir-I-kick-people-and-spout-random-crap-that-no-one-cares-about was spouting random crap that no one cared about, apparently. She heard something about muggers and Koopas and junk and suddenly he was right near her and at this particular moment she still wasn't caring because (running the risk of being redundant) she was naked on TV ohgodohgodohgodohgod. He was trying to comfort her or something but Maria was having NONE of it from he-who-was-clearly-going-to-go-psycho-sooner-rather-than-later and so instead she comforted herself by reminding herself mentally that, in fact, she was never going to meet any of the people who had probably seen her naked.

Cause she'd be dead.

Well, that's a relief.

Maria was at the point that she was thinking in sarcasm. Stress does that to you.

A quick reminder seems appropriate at this point. Maria Santiago was a good little Catholic girl. Troubled? A bit. Attention-whorish? Definitely, but never in a...shall we say provocative way. The girl spent about eleven years in all-girls Catholic school learning about how sex was a sin and all that. Sex? Was a mystery. Maria knew where babies came from and all that- well, in theory- but hell, she'd never even HUGGED a boy outside of her own frickin' family. And she wasn't exactly that caught up on what certain things meant. She talked like a good girl cause she WAS a good girl, though this game seemed to be changing that pretty damn quickly. She was using words like damn for crying out loud? What was WRONG with her?

That reminder was necessary mainly to explain why Maria did not immediately smack the everloving crap outta Jay at the words "That's pretty kinky."

In fact, she just kind of blinked at him. In confusion.

Weird boy. But he has a gun. And he doesn't like Daniel either. And he seems to...like me, I guess? So...sticking with him's probably the best idea for now.

And then John was comforting her too- telling her that there were lots of cameras and if the show was on live it wasn't necessarily on her anyway. But was the show on live? She hadn't seen it before. She didn't know. Besides, she just knew. She was definitely naked on TV. But whatever. The whole going-to-be-dead-in-a-few-days reminder had a way of reorganizing her priorities.

And there were plenty of other things Maria would do on this island that would send her to hell.

She looked around at the group. She did rather want to go find her clothes, now that she thought about it. There might've been something else in her bag, too. Food, maybe. She had brought some snacks along with her that sounded mighty good right about now. But she was not gonna go alone because that seemed to scream 'horrible death' to her. So she looked at her companion choices.

Daniel- definitely not.

John? Um, maybe. He's got a shotgun. He seems like an okay guy.

Jay...he seems okay too. He's got a gun, and he seems nice enough.


As the immature often do when they're indecisive, Maria played a quick mental game of eenie-meenie-miny-moe.

Jay it is, then. Maybe I can ask him how us and John can ditch Daniel...I so think he's gonna kill us in our sleep.

"Uhm...I think I know how to get back to where my clothes are. Jay? Would you mind coming with me, just in case?"
Edited by Hollyquin, Aug 20 2010, 08:28 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So Daniel was leaving after all. That was good in Maria's mind, but it was bad for one reason- there was now absolutely no reason for her to be wandering off alone with Jay. Before she'd figured that if she invited both Jay and John Daniel would have followed after, but if Daniel was gone...but they were already practically out of the clearing now. Maria pouted.

Don't they say, like, boys take advantage of girls when they're alone? I mean, Jay seems nice and all, but...he's got a gun...

She chastised herself for having not thought of this earlier. John had a gun too, but at least she knew that that one wasn't loaded. Jay's could very well be loaded. He could have been plotting this whole time...and now he's thinking, this is perfect! I've got her alone and defenseless! Oh god, I've made an awful mistake. I should've taken John, his gun's not loaded-

But he could be loading it right now.

That thought came miraculously floating into her head at practically the same time Jay had the same realization, though she kept a bit more composure when she turned to look back at the clearing.

"Lets' uh... lets' hurry back."

No kidding.

Maria kept following him. What else was she supposed to do at this point? Run away screaming? What would that accomplish? The voice she heard- unsettlingly close by- only renewed her determination to stay with Jay. There was someone else in these woods. Who might have a gun. And might shoot her. Jay and John had guns and might shoot her, but they hadn't yet, which was a plus.

So what are we going to do after this...? If we stay here more crazy people might find us. If we go out there...we might find more crazy people. Is there any way to win? ...Stupid question. Really stupid. I...just want to get out of this forest. At least if a crazy guy with a gun shows up I'll be able to see him. That would be helpful. I guess. Ugh, I don't even know anymore. This sucks. This sucks really bad. I hate this. Where's Leon when you need him? That jerk should be here, protecting me.

Leon...I'm never gonna see him again, am I?

No one would have nominated Maria an award for good timing as she chose this moment- a bit late, all things considered- to get legitimately emotional.

Leon...oh, Leon...I miss you, I miss you, I miss you. Mommy...Daddy...Carmen, Gabe, Jade...heck, even Lalo...I'm a bad daughter. I'm a bad sister. I'm going to kill people. Will you all forgive me? Will God forgive me? Thou shalt not kill and all that but what am I supposed to do?! Not killing anyone is suicide and that is against God too, right? Crud...I don't know...this is so hard. I hate this, I hate this, I hate this...

Maria was snapped out of her inner monologue by the sudden appearance of her clothes, lying on the ground, her duffel bag nearby. She frowned- My clothes were dirty, but not that dirty. ...Did someone touch them? ...Did they move?! Oh crud, oh no-

She jumped and looked around, wielding...well, wielding absolutely nothing, but ready to fight off any newcomers regardless. Presumably by smacking them a couple of times. At any rate, she was somewhat surprised that no one was there, pointing a gun at her face. "Anyone here...?" she heard from the side of her, and she panicked for a moment before realizing it was Jay. He must be thinking the same thing. ...Wait, why does he know someone's here? He doesn't know my clothes moved...

But Maria wasn't gonna think too hard about that. Instead she moved behind Jay- let the boy with the gun do the threatening- and hoped whoever they found was playing the not-shooting-people-in-the-face game.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Whatever you do Jay, don't shoot its Jojo!"

Maria blinked. Jojo? Who the heck was Jojo?

But Jay did seem to know him. "Hey, don't worry, this is one of my buddies." Maria nodded tersely and went to go collect her stuff. This guy wasn't a threat- he didn't seem to have a weapon at all- but for the same reason he wasn't particularly useful. Whatever, she'd come out here to get her stuff, and that's what she was gonna do. Her duffel bag was still there, filled with extra clothes and yes, even some snacks! She giggled, actually giggled in delight at the sight of a bag of Ruffles. If she was gonna die, she was gonna die snacking, oh yes. She pulled the bag out and ripped it open, daintily pulling out a single chip and eating it.

Maria slung the bag over one shoulder- almost falling over at the combined weight of it and the backpack already on her- and made her way over to her fallen school uniform, to see if it was a lost cause. After all, maybe there was a river or something around that she could wash it in. She did have one more spare uniform, but she was planning on being her long enough to need the extra. She shook out the blouse and skirt, getting as much extra dirt out of them as possible before shoving them into a corner in her bag, but try as she might she could not find her panties. They probably got kicked away somewhere...whatever. I can deal.

Maria turned back around to the other two, specifically to Jojo, munching on another chip. Unsurprisingly she was now in a much better mood. She actually managed a smile at Jojo that may have at least a little bit real.

"Alright, I've got my stuff...mostly...hi, Jojo. Um, I'm Maria. Can we get out of here?"

After that whole hearing-things-in-the-woods bit, Maria wanted nothing more than the safety of four walls and a roof. At least she needed some time to relax. Maybe eat the rest of her chips in peace.

Yeah, that's what we call LUXURY in Survival-of-the-Fittest land...
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
And this is why I don't talk to boys.

Everything was fine. Everything was fabulous, in fact. Jay seemed to have calmed down significantly after they found Jojo- must be close, or maybe Jojo's just like, particularly harmless- and Maria herself had located a particularly delicious bag of baked Ruffles and was now scarfing them down like nobody's business. They were going to head back, find John, complete the Bodyguard Brigade and then head the hell out of here, out to someplace with walls and a ceiling. But then-

"GAHWHO THE FUCK, THE, THE WHAT-"

Maria scanned the scene in a fraction of a second. John was loading his shotgun. This didn't bother her. First of all, he would have been really, really stupid to NOT be loading his shotgun. And second, he wouldn't shoot her. After all, he was part of the Bodyguard Brigade now! Which meant he was gonna protect Maria, not shoot her. As for the other boy...well, he wasn't holding a gun, right? So there was no problem. He couldn't do anything.

Clearly Jay was not quite so optimistic.

And then-

Click.

Maria blinked, looking at Jay with wide eyes. He'd pulled the trigger? Really? That was...kind of amazing. Though her sense of amazement was dispelled by the fact that the gun wasn't loaded. And I'd been so worried before, too! Neither of them could have done anything to me!

But then Jay was yelling.

And so was John.

Chaos again.

Ugh.

This was what Maria hated. Chaos. Screaming. Yelling. Random behavior. So unlike home- so unlike her perfect family, so unlike the strict rules she lived under, so unlike things that made sense. It was...

Irritating. Unbearably so.

And besides- how was her Bodyguard Brigade going to protect her when they were going to fight all the time like idiots? No, it just wasn't going to work.

Maria was going to find a new Bodyguard Brigade. Maybe some boys with brains in their heads. If those existed.

She slipped away into the trees, quietly munching on her Ruffles, listening to their shouts grow dimmer. She realized after a little while that she was now, officially, helpless.

But whatever. I mean, who'd want to kill me? I'm...me.

[[Maria Santiago continued in One of Three]]
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Locked Topic