Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
I'll Need A Saviour; [G110] - Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:07 PM (5,307 Views)
Acelister
Member Avatar
Ask me about Transformers The Movie Abridged!
[ *  *  * ]
B089 - John Smith - Start

John tore through his day pack as if he were starving and it was a packet of peanuts. He'd already emptied it of his clothes and provisions, finding only a pump-action shotgun and booklet as an unexpected item.

He muttered a swear when he reached the bottom of the bag. He was hoping to find some sort of collar-tracking device in his bag. He'd read a list of weapons used in previous televised SoTF games on Wikipedia once, so he knew that kind of thing existed. He had just hoped he had two weapons, not just a gun and ammo.

He looked at the shotgun which lay on the floor, the instruction booklet thrown on top of it. Why couldn't it be that collar-GPS? He wanted - needed - to find Celeste. Surely they were owed one more naked-time together...

He had woken up when he rolled into a tree in his sleep - that woke him with a shock, the scene in the auditorium flooding back to him. The collar wrapped around his neck confirmed it, too.

He shook his head and started throwing things back into his bag. All he wanted was to hang out in a shack with his girlfriend. Was that so much to ask?

"Hello?! Who's there? I...Who's there?!"

John jumped and looked around. Someone else was here? She sounded scared - like she wasn't playing - or pretending to not play so she could kill someone.

"Uhm, I'm John!" he called back, standing and picking up his shotgun and manual. He could come back for his bag in a moment. "Who's that? Where are you?"
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Go and watch Transformers The Movie Abridged!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"J-John? I...My name's Maria...I n-need help..."

John felt bad for her. From the sound of her voice, she was scared and alone. Of course it could be an act to draw him out - then she appeared from around some bushes and spotted him. Too late to run now.

"Ah...um, hello. I...Hah, I don't really know what to do...m-my only weapon is a postcard..."

"Oh..." was all John could think to say. He remembered the man on the intercom saying that not everyone will get real weapons. It looked like he was really lucky, getting a shotgun.

He was about to speak again, say something to comfort her or at least confirm that he wouldn't hurt her. But then another guy, about his height came barging through the bushes. He was brandishing a pistol and seemed to be ready to fight.

"Stop!" John shouted, lifting the shotgun and holding it with both hands. He hadn't a clue how to use it, if there was a safety or if it was even loaded yet - but he wasn't going to let that stop him from seeming to know what to do. His finger went near the trigger, but he didn't put it inside the trigger-guard. Who knew what slight pressure could cause it to go off?
V5 Concepts:
Max 'Hans' Casson: A white supremacist with a mean streak normal pro-Aryan attitude. [His views do NOT reflect my own, so everything said in pre-game is all him]

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Hey! John! Johnny! I-it-It's me, Jay!"

John recognised the guy as soon as he said his name, but had lower the shotgun slightly as Jay leapt behind a tree.

"Look, my gun is down! Put your gun down! Let's, let's just chill for a bit, yeah...?"

John watched the gun fall to the ground and felt a lot better about this whole thing. Maybe he could use the shotgun as a deterrent and just try to outlive everyone else. Except Celeste. She deserved to live. Of course, that could just have been the whole 'love the only girl who puts out for you' thing. Nonetheless, that thing was strong.

"Holy- JOHN WATCH OUT!"

John blinked, not having time to come out of his thoughts and turn to look before he was kicked in the back. He let out a grunt of pain, the shotgun flying out of his hands and landing at Maria's feet. There's a 'tic' but nothing else happens. John hadn't loaded it, nor pumped the pump-action.

John himself landed face-first on the ground, small stones scraping his skin and dirt covering his face, hands and clothes. The wind was knocked out of him but the pain he felt was nothing compared to the fear he suddenly felt.

'It was a set-up! They're gonna kill me! So much for No Good Deed Goes Unrewarded! Fuck you, mom! Your crappy advice just got your son killed! Is that why you got pregnant again? To replace me?! You didn't want me to fuck Celeste again! You planned this all!'

His thoughts were all over the place but his body was frozen in place, not wanting to suffer before he died.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John got monumentally confused by the next series of events. He was certain they were going to kill him but the girl was shouting
"D-don't...don't do anything stupid! I...I've g-got a gun!"
like she didn't know what to do with it, Jay was screaming and waving his gun around - generally spazzing out about the entire thing and the guy behind John was...

"Um....yo... Um yeah, I'm not playing. Don't know if you are, my name's Daniel Vaughan, you might of seen me around, I know you, forget your name though, sorry. He's Jay. So, could you not shoot me, that would be awesome"

Introducing himself?

'What the fuck is going on here?!' John screamed in his own head, risking a look up. The frightened girl was still holding his weapon and Jay was holding his ready to shoot.

"Okay, that's fantastic. You hear that? That's fantastic! Fantastic! Now, drop the gun, let's everyone just- just like, calm the fuck down for a second! Okay, let's try this again, let's all just... drop our guns..."

And then he wasn't...

"Can I get up...?" he asked, his voice croaking and sounding a LOT quieter than he intended. They'd probably laugh and kick him. Kids were cruel - kids who were being threatened with head-based explosions were probably worse.

"I... I didn't load the shotgun... I kinda didn't think I'd need to use it..." he explains, getting up slowly, rubbing his back where it was kicked. "I just woke up and... She was shouting, so I came to look... It all kinda went to shit."
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"I...um...can everyone please calm down...? All the yelling, it's...it's hurting my head... M-my name's Maria. C-can we all just try to...to get along?"

John felt sorry for this frail girl. She just seemed so... Well, frail. But with Survival Of The Fittest, who knew how badly she could explode? Wasn't it always the quiet ones that snapped and went homicidal?

"You really didn't load it? Oh......sorry for kicking you dude."

"Mm..." was all that John said to that before the kicker introduced himself.

"So what are your names, you already know I'm Daniel, and I've seen Jay around at school. Just so you guys know, I don't have a weapon, I kinda threw it away"

"John." John said - although that weapon bit was a likely story. Unless he got something like the postcard Maria claimed to have

"I want to escape"

John's eyes widened. He wanted to what?

"You want to..." he started, but Jay's laughter cut him off.

"Look... Escape isn't going to happen. I say, well. Lets... lets just stay here awhile, until one of us thinks of a better plan. I think I need a minute after all that."

John blinked when Jay had finished. He waited a second before continuing, just in case his classmate started laughing again. Maybe Jay had snapped already... At least he'd lowered his gun. For now.

"How would you plan to escape?" he asked Daniel. "Make a boat? As soon as that Danya guy saw it on the video-cameras that are around the island, he'd blow up our collars."

He grimaced, remembering a particularly bad YouTube clip he saw where a collar went off. That was horrible... Having your brains splattered into your classmate's faces...

"Even if you did build it without it being seen - there's probably mines and submarines and shit out in the water!" he exclaimed, gesturing to his right - hopefully the direction water was in. Though judging by previous games, they take place on an island - so wherever he pointed was kind of right.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"I agree with Jay. Lets...lets all calm down really quick, okay? And then...lets try to get out of the forest. Okay?"

John was about to agree when...

"FUCK THIS!" Daniel screamed, flipping out. John flinched, turning to face him and also getting ready to be kicked again. But as soon as it started, Daniel's rage subsided. John was wide-eyed though - this guy would kill them all before they knew it...

"Oh, and did any of you happen to see a duffel bag out there? I changed clothes, and I was thinking about going back for the rest, but I don't know how to find it now..."

"You changed clothes knowing you're being watched by half the country? I'm coming with you three, I have people I need to protect."

John was more confused by that than anything else. She got changed, so needs protecting? And maybe she's jittery around people, but a cam-girl. Like any teenage boy, John had seen 4Chan.org - though apparently a cancer was killing it. Whatever that meant. Either way, cam-girls or chan-sluts or whatever they were - they got off on others seeing their naked bodies. Perhaps Maria was one of them.

'Now she'll be SoTF-Chan...' he thought, allowing himself a small smile.

"I just saw you here, then Jay and... Well, we all know the rest." John shrugged. "Just re-trace your steps? Did you walk in a straight line?"
Edited by Acelister, Aug 17 2010, 04:49 AM.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"I'm a bad person. Oh god. I was naked. On TV. My parents are gonna hate me forever. Urgh..."

'Okay, not SoTF-Chan...' John decided, seeing as how much she was freaking out. 'Not willingly, anyway. This is the internet, here... If this is aired live, she's probably already several jiggly animated gif's and a wallpaper...'

Then he noticed that she'd dropped the shotgun, as Daniel went over to her. John took the few steps needed to reclaim his weapon and, shielding himself against any new attacks with his right arm, leant down and picked up the gun with his left hand. When he had it, he stood up and backed away a step.

"What are the odds that, out of ALL the cameras on the island, they were airing the one aimed at you?" he asked. "Just because you were naked doesn't mean they would have shown you. There's probably other stuff going on."

"Are you shittin' us when you say you threw out your weapon...? Just like, how the fuck can you prove it?"

John looked at Jay, who's hand was conspicuously now on his own weapon. His eyes widened. It didn't look like Daniel had any weapons, but if he did... John just admitted this shotgun has nothing in it. The rounds are still with his bag, at least twenty seconds away from him. By the time he got to it and loaded some rounds, he would have enough lead in him to open a mine.

'Wait, does lead come from mines...?' he wondered, despite himself.

"Jay..." he said warningly. If Daniel had a gun, was it intelligent to threaten him? Put in a situation where he'd shoot or be shot, this is one time the odds were against them. In fact, from now on, the odds were against them...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John was kind of jealous that he wasn't asked to go with Maria. She might decide that the world has seen it all, why not just undress in front of Jay?

"Eh, alright. Johnny, can you watch our stuff then?"

"Sure." John nodded, though the 'Johnny' nickname was starting to grind on him...

When the two left, he went around the tree to get his bags, bringing them to the clearing. He needed to load the gun in case Daniel snapped and came back unexpectedly... He knelt down and unzipped the daypack, taking out the shotgun shells. He also took out the manual and flipped through it to find the instructions on how to load it.

He had just opened the ammo slot when he heard someone behind him.

"Eh. Hey guys. It's Sunil. I heard talking and I....well, I had nothing better to do so I thought I might come over here. See what's up...is everything alright?"

He spun around, falling over in the process. The shotgun went aiming into the air still unloaded and the shells scattered about in his bag and on the ground.

When he righted himself he saw another guy in a blue shirt. He tried to get into a defensive position but it was difficult without also looking threatening.

"Uhm..." he started, slowly rising, the shotgun gripped firmly in his right hand but pointing at the ground. "Yeah? There's a couple of others who aren't playing... They went to get her bags."

He blinked at the realisation. Jay and Maria could have gone to get her bazooka to come and cream him! What is it they say on that 'House' show his parents watch? Everybody lies... Especially about their weapons when trying to murder their classmates...

He glanced over his shoulder in the direction the two went, then back at Sunil.

"I'm... I'm John." he says, glancing back again. "The other two are Jay and Maria."
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"So, they're getting her bags, you say? Cool."

John blinked and frowned slightly. He JUST said that, yeah...

"Yeah...quite a bad situation we're in. So, I hate to be Captain Obvious, but guessing you got rolled a shotgun?"

"Rolled?" John asked, not getting the term. He looked at the shotgun and then back at Sunil. "Yeah... What did you get?"

He realised he hadn't loaded the weapon still, so knelt down and picked up a shell, slotting it into the hole. It slid in easier than he imagined it would, hardly any scraping or noise as it went into position. He repeated it with another shell as he spoke.

"When they get back, we should go somewhere with walls." he says, partly to himself and partly to Sunil. Somewhere like a bank would be good - though it's doubtful they would even have a vault. What did banks on island's need with that sort of thing? A robbery would last ten minutes from execution to arrest...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John watched as Sunil went through his bag, probably for the third or fourth time. So his 'sister' watched the previous games? That didn't sound good...

Sunil then got out the map which John hadn't bothered to look at yet.

"Right. Erm...there's a town....a parish, an infarma....enfirm...clinic thing, a ranger station, a mine, a fun fair, A mansion with a little hut, and a warehouse. Think that's all the places we can find walls. Unless this map is lying."

"Probably." John shrugged. "Some maps are probably printed upside down or backwards..."

It made sense that if Danya and whoever worked for him were bastard enough to give some of them guns and some of them nothing at all, why would they cut the entertainment by giving them all accurate information?

"GAHWHO THE FUCK, THE, THE WHAT-"

"Jesus!" John called out, spinning around and, once again, losing his balance. He managed to stop himself from falling over again though.

*CLICK*

John's jaw dropped open at that tiny sound - which seemed to be thousands of decibels loud despite them being outside and it being a tiny gun.

Jay shot him.

The gun didn't go off - and he could have been firing at Sunil - but he pulled the trigger. They agreed to not kill each other!

"You scared the shit out of me! W-who the- what, fuck- who are you!? John, who the hell is this guy?!"

"You fucking shot me!?" John shouted, his voice reaching a frequency he didn't know he could still reach since he hit puberty, lifting the shotgun up into both hands with the ammo-hatch still open. "What the fuck, Jay?!"

His hands were shaking and the barrel of the shotgun wasn't aimed anywhere near straight, but if they were playing...

"We said we're not playing!" he continued. "NOT! FUCKING! PLAYING!"

This was the second time in less than half an hour that he had pointed this weapon at Jay. Despite what happened the last time, he still didn't know to watch his back.
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John listened as Jay's mouth went faster than the speed of light, trying desperately to explain his actions. Well, the one action. He kept calling to Maria, as if the girl would become a human shield or something. John didn't take his eyes off of the stoner though.

"Everyone just shut up and calm down!"

Until the newcomer did that.

"Hey, you're John right? You have a class with Jay right? He said he wasn't playing right? Shoudln't you know him well enough that he would stay true to his word?"

John blinked, taken off-guard by that. What, did this kid stalk them or something? Regardless, the shotgun went lower and away from the pair. He still hadn't pumped it to load the round.

"And whoever you are, I'm sorry Jay almost shot you. But he didn't, whats done is done. If we stay here like this we'll just attract the people who really want to kill us!"

By this point the shotgun was aimed at the leafy ground and John's gaze had softened a little. He was right. There were people who probably wouldn't drop their gun as soon as it didn't fire...

"This is... This is Sunil." John said, nodding slightly towards the other newcomer. "Who're you?"

He wanted to apologise to Jay - the rambling idiot DID stop ninja-Dan from beating him up earlier. Or worse. But with all the tension and stress flying around, that could probably wait. And where WAS Maria...? Maybe that's why Jay was shouting louder and louder for her...
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
John was surprised that Jojo would decide on such an extreme measure. They were here to fight for their lives, after all. Who would protect Jay? They would have to. At the same time as protecting Maria. And why would they want to do that when he could protect himself just as easily?

"I agree Jay shouldn't have his gun out but he should still be allowed to carry it. If he agrees to put it in his bag or pocket with the safety on will it be alright?"

John nodded, agreeing with the sentiment. And it seemed Jay did as well. It would be safest if they didn't let him keep hold of it. He seemed to point and click... But since the ammo was in the bag too, if they got fired upon, he could dive behind cover and load the gun. Or if he got shot or hurt, anyone could grab it...

"Well, if we go looking for Maria, we can look for food. With my book here, we should do just fine."

"I know some things about plants, too." John told Jojo. "I like to garden, so... You know. That's how. I should know some things without having to look in the book. But we can double-check."

He went over to the gun and picked it up - nobody else seemed to be going to it. It was a lot lighter than the shotgun... Probably less deadly to a crowd though.

"Open your bag." he told Jay. "We don't want Maria to get hurt or lost."
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

Acelister
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"Err...so, why are we going? And what Maria are we looking for; don't quite know who she is or who you mean."

John felt bad when he was asked that. He didn't actually remember the last name... It began with - what? An S? C?

"I don't remember..." he admitted, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. How could he forget so fast? It happened ten minutes ago! Sure, there was a hell of a lot of stress during and after that moment, but was that an excuse?

He didn't even know which way she went... He wouldn't have noticed Maria had gone if not for Jay pointing it out. And now their group was entirely male. And from the looks of things, hardly one that would get much notice on Youtube down to just their looks. If he was at least with attractive guys, he could pretend some woman somewhere was getting herself off when watching him. Or some cute guy with a huge -

"Let's get a move on yeah? Maria couldn't have gotten far... We can go find her, then maybe just chill, have a bite to eat... Figure shit out. Food would be good. Yeah. Come on guys. I guess y'know, I'll take point. It's fair. Johnny, Jojo, stick close guys. And yeah, Sunil too."

John inwardly cursed himself for not having his full attention on his surroundings. That was a sure way to get himself killed. No doubt half a dozen of his fellow students - probably ones he knew - were killing or had killed. He'd seen the clips. Everybody doubted it would happen to them. Their classmates were intelligent, well-thinking people. If not outwardly, then inside where it counted.

That was fucking stupid thinking.

Jay began to walk off and John went back to his bags and picked them up before he fell in behind him, the shotgun held in one hand by the barrel.

"And thus our Journey begins. Four unlikely heroes on a quest to save a beautiful princess with a nice ass from the evil, possibly homosexual, wizard Danya. Who also sucks dick in his spare time. Our Soundtrack shall be Jump on It. For great justice n' shits an' giggles. Feel free to, y'know sing along. It's like 99 Bottles, only less gay. This one goes out to the shawtys fuckin' about on this godforsaken island... Bummm bum bah bahhh bah bah- Tonto, jump on it! Jump on it! Jump on it! Dum, bum bah bah bah bah- Jojo, Jump on it! Jump on it, Jump on it..."

... Was Jay always this annoying...? No wonder people ended up killing their friends... Spend a week on an island together and of course you lose your nut... It's why people moved in together before they got married! To find out of they were compatible. Pair that with the inherent stress of having people you grew up with trying to murder you horribly - of course it ended up in more murder.

He grimaced for a moment. Did he really think like that? Not even a full day and he was ready to agree with unjustified killing by civilised people? They were Americans, for God's sake! They couldn't let this bin Laden-supporting douchebag 'Mr Danya' cause them to forget it!

As they walked, he began to feel a little better. He wouldn't resort to murder. Not ever - nor would people he knew. They were right-thinking Americans.

((John Smith continued in One of Three))
V5 Concepts:

V4

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Locked Topic