Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Extinguishing the Light of the Future; B008 - Peter McCue: Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 06:52 PM (3,647 Views)
Unknown Kadath
Member Avatar
I'm a wizard and that looks fucked up.
[ *  * ]
((Saul Fetteralf continued from The 8-Ball Knows))

"Fuck," Saul muttered, looking at he map. He knew he was lost. He chewed his lip, continuing his march, his companions in tow. Then, he heard Cyrille pipe up again, asking once more if he was sure he knew where they were going, Miranda adding in her two cents. Attempting to keep his head cool, he turned around and calmly said, "Honestly, Cyrille, Miranda, no. I have no clue where we are. Map reading isn't as easy as I thought it was."

He sighed, turning back around. The truth was, he had no clue what he was doing. He was wandering around, hoping he was following the compass properly. He was scared. Scared he was leading them to somewhere more dangerous. He stopped, leaning against a tree to let them catch up, when he heard Cyrille's excited voice. He turned his head, seeing her run into and disappear into the mouth of a cave she found. Fucking hell, he thought, what is her deal?

He rushed to where Garry and Miranda were standing, seeing Garry disappear in after her, and gave an exasperated groan, "Did I not tell her about fucking ca-"

His complaint was cut short by Cyrille's call from inside the cave, hearing her voice echo against the walls. He gritted his teeth, nodding to Miranda's statement. "They're gonna get themselves killed," he responded, stepping into the cave mouth, his hand against the rough rock wall.

He soon caught up with the two and gave a growling whisper, "Cyrille, keep your voice down! Just because it looks empty, doesn't mean it is! What if a player is in here?"
DrRoy: UPDATE THAT SPREADSHEET LIKE A RED HEADED STEPCHILD

(9:08:15 PM) Acidic: I vomited on my cat when he pissed me off once

Little Boy: THE MOST INTERGALACTIC OF TERRORBONERS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Unknown Kadath
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
((Sorry for inactivity. Hope we can get back on track.))

Saul watched Cyrille excite, following her apology. He sighed heavily, "It's fine, just..." he trailed off, deciding not to make a big thing of it.

Making his way towards the light, he heard Miranda and Garry speaking to one another, their tones making it seem as if they were arguing. The distorted sounds bounced off the rough walls of the tunnel, masking the exact words being spoken. Focusing on the light above, Saul failed to take note of his steps. Clubbing his foot against an elevated part of the tunnel floor, Saul was sent sprawling onto the ground, landing on his left side with a 'THWUMP!'

Saul hissed in pain, placing his right hand onto the uneven floor to push his upper half off of the filthy bottom of the tunnel. He then moved his legs under himself in a crouching position and pushed upwards, righting himself. He stepped into the light, brushing his clothes off, keeping his eyes on the ground. "What was that, Gar?" he asked before looking up, seeing nobody there to reply.

Saul was alone at the entrance of the cave.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Unknown Kadath
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
((Also breaking post order to save myself from inactivity and get Saul out of your guy's way.))

Saul had searched for about twenty minutes, scared to go too far, for fear of missing his friends if they came back for him. He sat, knees drawn to his chest, leaning his back against the lip of the entrance to the dark tunnels. Every now and again, he looked over his shoulder, into the gaping maw of the opening, turning back with a shudder.

Without his friends to put a brave face on for Saul felt horribly useless and alone. It was just him: his only company the quivering of his heart and the wind in the trees. He wrapped his arms around his knees and tightly held them to himself, his thighs pushing painfully on his ribcage. Sighing, Saul put his forehead onto his knees, in a fetal position. That's how he felt. Vulnerable in a world unknown to him. Nobody here. Just him, the trees, and one big-ass tunnel.

Lifting his head, Saul looked bleakly to the treeline. Should he leave? If they hadn't come back yet, what's the point of staying? Besides, he was already in a risky spot to begin with.

Or maybe he should just sit here, waiting to die.

"Fuck that noise," he muttered, standing up.

Besides, he may end up meeting up with Garry, Cyrille, and Miranda later. The island isn't huge. Hopefully, nothing happens to any of them, he thought, picking up his bag and walked into the forest.

((Saul Fetteralf continued elsewhere.))

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Locked Topic