Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Accidental Acrophobia; CONCLUDED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 06:04 PM (5,521 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Jason Clarke continued from D-Day))

As Jason walked through the wooded area, there was only one real thought on his mind: who can I team up with? He had gotten some time to think after getting over (or at least, pushing to the back of his mind) seeing Kimberly wounded, and he realized that he was going to have to be slightly more selective in his choice of allies: namely, allying with people who were willing to team up with him. But who?

Let's see, David Meramac and Kale Richardson I know decently enough. They'd join up with me in an instant. Same goes with Alex. Plus, she's good with her hands. Roman's also pretty smart. Let's see ... James Mulzet and Ilario Fiametta are practically geniuses, as are Eiko Haraguchi and Peter McCue. Eric Lorenz ... brilliant mind, horrible attitude. Quite iffy. With that much intelligence, we could escape the game, rather than just survive it. (Jason didn't know it, but Kale Richardson had not been on the busses and had thusly dodged SOTF, while Eric Lorenz was already dead). But it's all in the collars. How could we take them off safely without getting caught? That's the puzzle ...

As Jason pondered the situation, he took his map out of his bag, taking a decent look at it. Given the trees that he saw, he knew he was in the wooded area covering the northern and eastern part of the island, but having just looked at his map, he didn't know where exactly he was in said wooded area. The only reference he had to his current location was the direction he had taken from the beach, namely "quite a bit inland, straight in from the shore where Kimberly was shot." He just sighed, a habit he was starting to take on quite often.

So I'm lost on an island in a competition to the death against my own classmates, and all I have to stave off death is a case of beer and paper fan. He sat down by a tree and closed his eyes for a second, when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Found this thing. I dunno whose it is, all I got was a goddamn garden spade. So... fuck I guess I gotta ask, what the hell are we supposed to be doing now?" Jason turned around, peering out from behind the tree, attempting to show as little of himself as possible. Looking at the figure, although it was from about fifteen meters (fifty feet) away, it seemed to be Ricky Fortino.

Of course! Ricky. Ricky, from the football teams (Jason always had to clarify when he used the term "football," because he would never say "soccer" otherwise, although in Ricky's case, he was on both "football" teams). In his hand was a sword with what seemed to be a meat cleaver attached to the handle. Taking his focus off Ricky, Jason noticed the other four people. The pair on the ground he recognized. James Mulzet and Thea Kairos. James, because they had taken a shit ton of classes together, and Thea from the parties and a couple of the games he'd attended. The short girls, however, he had never seen. The redheaded girl by the tree seemed to be breaking down, already in the fetal position, while the blond girl was talking about treating a wound of some sort. Jason just ducked back behind the tree, both relieved that they didn't seem hostile, and nervous from the fact that he was still on his own, and would have to prove his value to the group.

Okay. From the way it seems, they're not plotting to kill everyone. Time to test the waters. Jason opened his personal bag, took out a second can of beer, and slung his bag back onto his back after zipping it closed again. He slung his regulation bag over his right shoulder. As he stepped into view, he waved his arms out, fan in his left hand, beer can in his right, just like he had with Sarah and Dutchy, walking slowly towards the group, attempting to look as non-threatening as possible.

"HEY! Over here! I'm not going to hurt anybody!" he called out. "Also, I have beer, if anyone wants to partake." As he spoke, he realized his somewhat insensitive error in not mentioning if the redhead was okay. He just hoped the others would overlook it long enough for him to bring it up.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The general response that Jason got was that beer was not a good idea. In a way, he was relieved that nobody wanted any. It was the only thing in his possession that he could actually use to defend himself, at least until something, anything, more useful came along.

"You know how we get out of these woods though? That'd be helpful. Or uh, maybe you or James can help out Raine and Winnie, don't think I'd be any good there." He looked over at the scene with the redheaded girl (presumably Winnie). James and Raine were trying to help, but Winnie was in the fetal position. He would have said yes to helping her, but he didn't know if he'd just help or hinder James and Raine.

"I don't know. I'd just get in the way of helping Winnie, but with the directions, yes, I can help." He fished around his regulation bag, finding the compass (he realized that he had never put away his map, and he was still holding it in his left hand). He peered at his compass, taking note that he had essentially gone in a straight line from the beach.

"Okay, if that way is north," he said, pointing to his right, "then it means that I came from the east. According to the map, the most logical place for me to have come from is this point ..." he pointed to his map, which he had turned around for the others to see, at a spot labeled "Eastern Beach."

"... Which means that we are most likely here." Jason then pointed over to another spot, labeled "Inland Woods." "I highly recommend we don't go back the way we came. I just left from a particularly ugly scene there. Best not to talk about it. However, our best plan would probably be to find a building or some natural form of shelter. That means our best options are here, here, here, here, and here." He pointed out the spots labeled "Town Center," "Residential Area," "Warehouse," "Groundskeeper's Hut," and "Ranger Station" on the map. Jason paused for a second. The tutor in him had caused him to ramble on and thrust him into the leadership position, a position he didn't necessarily want to take without permission. "Uh, sorry. Didn't mean to run my mouth." It was at that moment when he heard Raine state that she needed a beer.

"Oh. Here you go." Jason walked over to James and Raine, put down his map, compass and fan, and placed his regulation bag on top of it to prevent a stray wind from blowing them away before he opened the can. He crouched down to get a better look at what was going on. Winnie was, to put it bluntly, a wreck (Jason had not seen it, but when Winnie had fallen from the tree, she had been cut by the sword that she had been issued, which was now currently in Ricky's possession). There didn't seem to be any way to get that beer down her throat. Jason figured it was best to ask the obvious(ly stupid) question first as he handed the can over to Raine.

"So ... what happened?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((OOC: Sorry about the delay!))

Both Thea and James were helpful in revealing to Jason what had happened: apparently, Winnie had been stuck in a tree, and had cut herself on a sword when she fell out. He looked at the redhead. She was balled up, either scared as hell, or trying to cover up the wound (in fact, it was both). He was about to hand over his beer when Thea asked the most uncomfortable question to date.

"Umm, Jason what exactly happened where you came from? I'm assuming something more serious than getting cut by an oversized sword and falling out of a tree."

Jason winced. Fantastic. He looked over at Thea as she handed a shirt over to Winnie before moving to talk to Ricky.

"One moment, please," he said to Raine. He didn't want to be rude, but either Winnie was acting or she was incredibly fragile, in either case, the incident over at the Eastern Beach was not something Jason wished to reveal to her. He took a sip out of the beer he was holding as he moved to Thea.

"Thea, about what happened there, someone got shot. I wasn't there myself, but it was pretty bad when I got there. Blood everywhere. Everything got tense and we all just split up. Then I was walking and I met you guys," Jason spoke in a low tone of voice so that only Thea, maybe Ricky, could hear. "I'd be slightly more public with this information, but Winnie seems to be a bit ... fragile right now, so I'm keeping her out of the loop on this one." (What Jason didn't realize was that he wasn't the only one doing so, as both Thea and Ricky were at the very least considering leaving Winnie and Raine and continuing with only Jason and James). He gulped. The debacle on the beach was a slightly uncomfortable subject.

"So what did you guys get?" Jason asked, allowing this statement to carry slightly more. "I'm in a bit of a bind myself. The only thing I have of worth is the beer. The weapon they gave me is the paper fan under my bag." He rubbed the stubble forming on the underside of his chin with the back of his left hand. Wait. Should I have said that?

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Post order broken with permission from CaseyNuge. GMing of Raine Schwarz done with permission from chibinanashi))

The question that Jason asked had gone over better than expected. Raine was a little upset at the question, and Jason noticed Thea glaring at him, but Ricky revealed that he had received a small shovel, thus continuing Jason's status of having the worst weapon in the game (and in fact, in terms of the group, it was definitely true: Winnie had the sword now on the ground, Raine had a speargun, and James and Thea both received pistols). Ricky walked around a little, asking if Jason could act as a guide. Jason doubted it: he had only been able to reckon his location and movement from common sense using the compass. He hadn't been anywhere else except for the Eastern Beach, and knowing of two places out of an entire island did not make him a good navigator.

"I could try, although I've only got a guess of where we are now ..." Jason sipped his beer. No use letting it go to waste ...

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" Jason looked up. Ricky was running away from somebody ... Ridley Landon. Jason didn't know of him personally, but Ridley didn't seem like a killer.

"There's some fuckin' psycho there, I say we get the fuck outta here NOW!" Everything went from the proverbial zero to sixty in two seconds. James had pulled out a pistol, and was also shouting out directions:

"Thea! Take Raine and Jason. Get out of here, I'll catch up!" Jason looked to see Thea and Ricky already running off.

Crap.

Now it was down to four people and a possibly unhinged psycho. However, his Survivor sense was thinking something very different from that of Ricky, James, and Thea. It had to do with a young woman named Amanda Kimmel. She was a contestant on the most recent version of Survivor, part of a dominant alliance in a tight situation: the only remaining person outside the alliance had won immunity. It seemed like Amanda was next, because although she had received the clues to the hidden Immunity Idol, she had been unable to find it. It wasn't until the votes had been cast when Amanda revealed that she did, in fact, find the idol and used it to save herself, shocking the other players (with the exception of a collaborator), Jeff Probst, the jury, and the entire viewing audience, Jason and his father included. The point was that just like Amanda had seemed to be the next one to go, Ridley only seemed to be a psycho.

What if Ridley's not a psycho? What if he's perfectly rational, and we are the ones lashing out? (What if he is, and he's hiding it?) That was the problem with SOTF and Survivor: nothing was truly what it seemed to be, and nobody could accurately gauge the abilities and intentions of the other contestants. It made Jason nervous: how was he to know the best course of action? He wasn't telepathic or anything. He had to make a choice: stay, and try to keep the peace against a possibly dangerous foe, or clear out, potentially missing out on a new ally ...

Jason ran to his bags, stuffing his map, collecting the map, compass, into the regulation bag and slinging both bags around his shoulders. Then he promptly collected the sword which was lying a few feet away with his right hand. Throwing his beer at Ridley (both to dissuade him from following and to free up his left hand), he grabbed Raine by the wrist, throwing a glance at James, who was attempting to help Winnie.

"James, we should get out of here." Jason pulled Raine along with him. "Come on, Raine, we're leaving!"

Yep. Jason had chosen to run for it - he had gauged the risk of being attacked by Ridley to outweigh the opportunity of making a new ally (a judgment which was actually quite inaccurate: Ridley Landon was about as threatening as a microwave oven, and was in fact Raine's boyfriend), and made a break for it, carrying Raine along for the ride, failing to note Raine's cry of protest as she noticed their alleged attacker. At that point, it didn't matter to Jason. He just went with the people he knew over the potential risk.

((Jason Clarke continued in Watch Your Step))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply