Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Accidental Acrophobia; CONCLUDED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 06:04 PM (5,397 Views)
Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Thea Kairos G067 start))

Thea stalked through the woods totally pissed off at the whole situation. She’d awakened on the ground in the middle of the forest. Hello, this outfit is designer. Those dirt stains were going to need to be dry cleaned to get out. They couldn’t be serious about this nonsense, this fighting to the death thing. Whatever! Didn’t they know who she was, she had to be worth more to the alive then dead.

She stumbled and turned around and kicked the offending root as her internal rant continued. And this survival pack, how do they expect us to survive on this. I need to be able to moisturize. Who lives on just this stuff anyway? This is so lame. Thea was so caught up in her own thoughts that she almost missed the large group of her classmates that appeared to be staring up at a tree. What in the world are they doing? As she neared she realized that one of them was James.

Her eyes widened at the fact that he was stuck here with her hadn’t crossed her mind and he’d been next to her on the bus. Thea shook her head at herself, where were her priorities seriously. She’d found James, but Charlene was still out on the island somewhere. Jogging over to him, she caught James from behind pulling him into a hug. “I’m glad you’re okay,” she said. Then her gaze followed his up the tree, where she was greeted with Winnie, who appeared to be stuck.

“There is no way - no way - that I am jumping. Go find a ladder or something," Winnie shouted.

Thea stepped back and hit James lightly on the shoulder. “What’s wrong with the two of you? Climb up and get her. I would but,” she motioned to the skirt she’d chosen to wear for the bus ride. She’d intended to change once they got to the camp or whatever it was, but now, now she was stuck in her skirt. Her suitcase was full of designer jeans. I wonder what happened to them?

“C’mon get a move on,” she said pushing them gently towards the base of the tree. “Hand over hand lets go.”
V5 characters
Kaliska Day
Kathryn Nguyen G61 - deceased Start
Bianca Howard G45 - deceased Start
Logan Cadagon B16 - deceased Start

V4 Characters:
Thea Kairos - G067 - deceased
Alexandria "Alex" Jackson - G046 - rescued
Marion Summers - G074 - deceased
Gracie Wainwright - G081 - deceased
Samaya Boen-Hilstrand - G064-deceased
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thea watched James bite his lip and wondered what he was suddenly so nervous about. It was only a tree. She glanced up at Winnie, who was still clinging to the branch and then back to James, in time to catch his glance over to her. She offered him a bright smile and blew him a kiss.

Thea watched approvingly as Ricky give James a boost and James stretched to help Winnie. She moved closer to the base of the tree, in case they needed some direction.

“Hey Ricky, glad to see you’re okay,” Thea said her eyes on the tree. The tip of the sword swinging wildly caught her attention and she jumped away from the falling sword, flinging herself to the ground. She looked around to see where the sword had landed and picked herself up dusting herself off and Winnie whined up in the tree. This was ridiculous why was she stuck up in the tree anyway, it wasn’t even very high. Just look, look at this skirt. As if it wasn’t bad enough I only have this, now there are stains on it. Thea huffed a sigh and worked on brushing as much of the dirt and debris off her skirt as possible.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!"

She’s head shot up as the scream pierced the air. What now? I thought the girls on the team were drama. This is getting like over the top. Thea watched, growing more annoyed, as Winnie wrapped herself around HER boyfriend. Seriously, what the hell is she doing up there, Thea wondered. She sat looking up at the new situation with her hand on her hip.

“Okay, come down now,” she said not bothering to cover the annoyance in her tone.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thea dropped her hand from her hip and jumped back as James came falling towards her. Any anger she felt at that last statement vanished as he crashed to the forest floor. Out of the corner of her eye she caught Winnie scramble off him. Watch it! It's your fault he was in the tree, she thought, kneeling next to him. She tenderly pull his head into her lap, and gently brushed a stray lock of hair off his forehead.

“James, James sweetheart, are you okay,” she asked her voice full of concern. She’d heard him mutter something to Winnie, so she knew he was conscious. What was that about? That girl better not have been taking the opportunity to feel up my guy. Thea glanced over to where Winnie had seemingly collapsed against the tree, rolling her eyes at the girl’s dramatics. She turned her attention back to James. “You do know you’re going to pay for that stop talking comment, although the ‘I love you’ was a nice touch,” she said bending down and dropping a kiss on his lips.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"So... fuck I guess I gotta ask, what the hell are we supposed to be doing now?" Ricky asked and Thea had to fight rolling her eyes. We’re supposed to be surviving, hello. Which apparently means no more helping tiny little no bodies that get stuck in trees. Her hands skimmed over James, reassuring herself that he was alright. He seemed fine and she knew she was overreacting, but this whole situation had her on edge. Thea rolled her eyes at Winnie’s dramatics and cursed Raine for playing into them. It a cut, deal with it.

“I don’t know if they have a plan we’re supposed to follow. Who’s seen some of those movies where they get stuck on a desert island? What’s the first thing we need,” she said deciding someone needed to take charge of this group. James was on the right track, but Thea had leadership experience. She was a cheerleader after all.

"HEY! Over here! I'm not going to hurt anybody! Also, I have beer, if anyone wants to partake." Jason something said coming through the trees.

“Geez, I’m starting to feel like we’re gonna run into everyone if we hang around these woods long enough,” she whispered into James’ ear. She smiled charmingly at Jason, who was nice to have around for a party, but otherwise barely appeared on her social radar.

“Yes, I’m sure that’s what we all need, is to be drunk and running around with swords and garden tools,” she said sarcastically.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I think we should go help her," James admitted, lifting his head off of Thea's leg. "I - I went up there to save her, I don't want her bleeding to death too."

Really, he’s really gonna fall for that little act. Thea rolled her eyes but made no move to stop James. Instead she stood and focused on cleaning the dirt from her skirt. That finished, she stood and began tapping her foot impatiently.

"Winnie?" James asked, noticing that she wasn't looking good at all. "Can you hear me?"

“Winnie can you hear me,” Thea mocked under her breath. Oh, my God, what a drama queen. It’s a scratch. Course rolling around in the dirt isn’t going to make it any better. Suck it up girlfriend. Seriously, try doing a five minute routine on a sprained ankle, complete with lifting other girls into the air. Then maybe, maybe you’ll figure out what pain is.

Thea dug through her bag half-listening to Jason’s long and involved explanation about the map. She came up with her first aid kit and one of her Abercrombie fitted t-shirts. She followed Jason and his beer over to the group.

“Here,” Thea said shoved the first aid kit at Raine “Just maybe this’ll be more helpful. I’m sure there’s some anti-bacterial stuff in it and some gauze or band-aids.” She handed her shirt to Winnie. “It’ll probably be big, since you’re short and all, but it’s better than you flashing the whole world. Don’tcha think?”

That taken care of, to Thea’s mind at least, she turned her attention to the map James had spread out on the forest floor. She motioned for Ricky to come over and join her. “What do you think? I think one place is just as good as another at this point. I’m sure our classmates are all over the island.”

She stopped and turned to Jason realizing what he’d said. “Umm, Jason what exactly happened where you came from? I’m assuming something more serious than getting cut by an oversized sword and falling out of a tree.”

V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry to skip you Decoy I don't want Thea to go inactive.))

"Uh, look Thea I dunno about you but I don't think those two girls are gonna be much help to us here." He nodded towards Raine and Winnie. "I'm thinking we should get James, maybe that Jason kid I know he's pretty smart, and cut loose, find some people we actually know."

Thea glanced over her shoulder to where James was still fawning over Winnie as she regained her feet, getting blood all over HER shirt and rolled her eyes. “To be honest, I’m ready to go right now; I just need to grab my bag.”

James looked at Ricky, then over at Thea. "What are you guys... doing over there?"

Looking at a map. Thea thought sarcastically. However she made no outside notice that she’d heard James. Instead she turned her attention fully on Ricky. She leaned towards him and touched his arm then pointed something on the map. She let her arm fall, trailing down his before she brought it back to her side.

“Wait, I take that any place thing back,” Thea said looking at the map closer. “I definitely don’t want to visit the swamp. I’m already down a shirt; I don’t want to lose any more clothes.” She blushed prettily and offered him a wry smile, as if just realizing what she’d implied.

She lowered her voice and leaned towards him. “If we pick a location, I can probably manage to get Jason’s attention without raising the girl’s suspicions. Although how we’re gonna be able to stop them from following us I don’t know,” she finished but didn’t move back.
Edited by Arscapi, Sep 25 2010, 01:01 AM.
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

Arscapi
Member Avatar
Anonymous Capybara
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Thea’s actions go before Ridley’s as I was waiting for faceinabook and decoy to post. I’m skipping post order now only so that Thea doesn’t go inactive.))

Thea raised an eyebrow as Jason joined her and Ricky. A little late there, she thought. She nodded as he’d explained what happened on the beach and made a face. It must have been horrible, but see he actually had a reason to be upset, unlike little Miss Drama Queen over there who fell out of a tree. When he raised his voice to ask the others what weapons they received, Thea tossed him a dirty look. What part of quiet and subtle was confusing with our little conference?

Raine, of all people, was the first to answer, going on about how it was all hopeless and it didn’t matter what they got. Thea wasn’t convinced it was entirely hopeless, her family was wealthy; she was hoping that somehow they’d be able to find her. Besides Raine’s ramblings gave Thea an excuse not to discuss her weapon.

Sighing, she turned her attention back to Ricky who was busy explaining their planned route. She watched him address the rest of the group as he took a few steps across the clearing.

"WHAT THE FUCK,” came Ricky’s shout and then a blur of motion, and suddenly he was racing back across the clearing towards her.

"There's some fuckin' psycho there, I say we get the fuck outta here NOW!"

Thea didn’t know exactly what he’d seen, but she knew an opportunity when she saw one. Scooping up her bag, she took off after Ricky.

((Thea Kairos continued in Watch Your Step))
V5 characters
Kaliska Day

V4 Characters:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply