Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Accidental Acrophobia; CONCLUDED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 06:04 PM (5,402 Views)
KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
(Ridley Landon continued from Run From Your Troubles)

The trek from the coastline was nothing if not long and tedious. He often found himself having to climb over rocks, help Rena climb over said rocks, and weave between trees trying not to draw attention to themselves. Rena's questioning earlier of who he wanted to find rung through his head ever since he listed off those he wanted to keep alive. Sarah was his bro, as was Will, and Peter was one of his best friends. Finding any of them would have improved his attitude drastically, but at the front of his mind was seeking out Raine.

As he thought about it, his thoughts began to take a turn for the philosophical. Why did men always seem to seek out women? He was still a virgin so he may not have understood the sex aspect of a relationship, but, then again, he and Raine had not exactly been very physical. Was she meant to be a partner to him? Or was she just supposed to be there for his mental security, so that he could tell other people, "Yes, I have a girlfriend," and be done with it? However, even he didn't know why he was thinking of such things. Perhaps he was doing it just to pass the time.

"The weapon they gave me is the paper fan under my bag."

The voice rang loud and clear as he ducked behind the largest tree trunk he could find. With his gun suddenly drawn and the safety turned off, he motioned over to Rena to follow him over to the tree he hid behind. He was able to hear several voices. As he waited for Rena to arrive at his position, he listened in on what they were saying. Since he didn't know the situation they were in at all-- aside from being on an island and all that-- he could only tell how many of his peers were present. By what he could tell, there were at least four or five guys on the other side of the thick tree he hid behind.

Then, there was another voice-- a girl's voice. "Wait..." Ridley said to himself, almost a whisper. "I know that voice!"

He peeked out from behind the tree to take a better look at the area, hoping to the God he didn't believe in that he was right.
G###: Lark "Birdie" Finley
(Pending Approval)

B###: _____ ______
(Profile In Progress)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
The fact that Rena, the girl he thought to have been kind and docile, actually cursed and showed anger sent his mind into chaos. Was she acting the whole time, or had the game just gotten to her? Either one of those was possible, but he decided to simply tell her and remain on her good side at least.

"One of the people over there sounds like my girlfriend," he said. "Let's take this slow, okay? We'll just walk in there with our hands over our head and--" He let out a grunt and a brief yell as someone appeared at his side and almost crashed into him. "Whoa!"

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Ridley was scarcely able to react as the other person's fist hurled towards his face. Using his arm, he was barely able to block it and duck his head out of the way, though his balance was jostled and his glasses became crooked from the impact on his arm. Before he was even able to comprehend what had just happened, the other guy took off in the other direction.

"There's some fuckin' psycho there, I say we get the fuck outta here NOW!"

Ridley's eye widened. "Oh, you little prick!" His anger had begun to grow as he righted himself and fixed his glasses and reached for his gun. Wait, why am I trying to draw this? He thought to himself. He had become far too used to being in the presence of that gun. "Wait, just calm down and explain it to them." He took a deep breath and shouted past the tree, "I'm not a psycho! We were just being careful! Please don't attack us! We're just looking for someone!"

Despite his words, he had grown doubtful about whether or not he had heard Raine's voice at all. Was that just wishful thinking? God damn would that suck. But first I need to get out of this situation. This could get real bad real quick. That retarded ass hole throwing punches and accusations needs to calm the fuck down.

"My name's Ridley! Some of you have to had seen me around school, right? I'm not going to hurt anyone! And neither is Rena!" He glanced at her to see how she was doing, hoping that she had managed to stay calm through all of it.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
All of the yelling confused Ridley to no end, to the point that he thought that it would have been a good idea to draw his gun and fire it into the air. NO! He caught himself, Bad bad baaaaaad idea! Don't even think about it! As he peeked around the tree to see what the hell else was going on, his ears picked up exactly what he wanted, yet at the same time exactly what he did not want.

Her head turned back and she shouted back to Ridley, "Follow us! Come on!"

His eyes homed in on Raine's figure as she was pulled away from the area and into the trees with the rest of his peers. "Raine! What the fuck? Where are you guys taking her?" He stopped himself once he saw that there was one more person left, who was facing him. He knew the kid, too: James something or another, one of the smartest kids in school. Ridley knew it, and so did everyone else, especially after everyone got tests back in any given class. He was taller than Ridley, though that was not very hard to do, but what Ridley focused on the most was the gun in the other guy's hands. Nevertheless, he reached for his gun, though he did not draw it. Ridley only hoped that James was still smart enough to know that shooting their guns off would not have helped the situation.

"Okay," he repeated, "Okay, I'm willing to believe you. You... You know Raine? Yeah, she's with us... Y-You two are friends of hers I'm guessing."

Ridley's shoulders relaxed, and his hands fell limp at his sides. "Thanks. Yeah, Raine and I have been going out for awhile. I've been looking for her, but-- who...?" He grumbled to himself for a few seconds before he said, "Who the hell was the guy who called me a psycho? He--"

"I... uhh..." James looked back at Ridley and Rena, two kids he barely knew.

Ridley paused. He wasn't able to tell what was going through the other boy's head in the slightest, but he clearly wanted to get out of there. I should ask to go with him so that I can see Raine again. That thought, however, came too late.

"Sorry. I have to..."

And then James ran off. "Wait! Can't you take us with you to--?" But he was gone. "That... fucking idiot! Why is everyone in such a goddamn hurry? FUCK!!" Just before he took off after James, he turned to check on Rena, who had been sobbing for awhile by that point. "Shit, uh..." He crept up to her and tried to smile. "Hey, come on, things have quieted down now, okay? Everything's fine, see?" He had lied to his parents before, but he never recalled ever having to lie to one of his peers. Not to mention that he had not ever told any lies to bald-faced and simple.
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)

KingKamor
Member Avatar
Leader
[ *  *  * ]
As he was putting together another line or two to use to calm Rena down, she surprised him by wiping away her tears. He had judged her by her past behavior and thought that she would have continued to cry if he didn't do something about it, but he was clearly being presumptuous, and he mentally hit himself for that.

"Thanks Ridley...for everything. I told you I'd find your girlfriend, so I'm going to find her. No matter what happens." Even if it kills me. I'll be that person. "They went that way, right? They couldn't have gotten too far, and Raine wants us to follow her...so there shouldn't be much trouble. Let's go."

Watching her walk away, Ridley had no idea why the girl in front of him was willing to risk her life just to make his own final hours better than they would have been. From his perspective, she had nothing to gain from such a dangerous endeavor. "You seem... more than sure about this. It's kind of amazing." He said without thinking. He wanted to thank her, but she had already gone on ahead of him. It was all he could do to catch up with her and hope that they were going in the right direction.

(Ridley Landon, continued in Watch Your Step)
(Pending Approval)

(Profile In Progress)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Inland · Next Topic »
Add Reply