Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The start of something truly absurd; Since nobody else is here...
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 04:13 PM (5,436 Views)
Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((G084: Eve Walker-Luther - Start))

Meanwhile, in a small apartment in St. Paul, one Jack Laws walked over to his child and picked her up.

"Here you go, dear... You want a drink? Mmm?"

The small baby almost gave a nod as Jack pulled up the bottle of milk, watching as the greedy guts sucked on it. Eve hadn't called back since the start of the trip. It was almost confusing, but he shrugged it off as her relaxing too much. And who wouldn't? He was starting to realise himself that this parenthood thing was hard. Giving a slight smile, he slowly rocked Octavia. But he wouldn't give it up for anything.

Then the phone rang.

Eve was awake for a while, but her brain refused to make her body move. The sound of waves rushed around her, in the ruined boat, a large wave eventually going over the side and splashing into her face. Wincing, she forced her frame up, giving a moan and crack as she looked around. The endless ocean called out to her.

All she could do was give a slow moan.

"...Jack?"

She span around slowly, noting the dufflebag. The island. She was on the island.

Her face turned into a sad, longing look. "Oh crap."

"NO! HOW THE HELL DID YOU LET THEM TAKE HER?"

Giving a scream of anger, he chucked the phone at the table, bouncing a few times before sliding to a stop. It wasn't possible, it couldn't have been. They didn't take her away. Not Eve. Not her.

Closing his wet eyes, he sat down on the couch, stroking Octavia's head and making sushing noises. Slowly, he glanced at the television.

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
275 STUDENTS REMAINING

Squelching out of the reef, bag over her shoulder, she looked around. Nothing of intrest except for that pier. Shrugging, she walked slowly over to it, her seasoaked mind numb. Sent to kill each other. Last person standing wins.

Glancing further, she swallowed as someone in the distance screamed. It seemed they didn't like their weapon. To be perfectly honest, Eve didn't want to check what she got. It would be horrible to get something crap like a ball point pen, even worse to get a gun. Getting a gun registered you as a player. Someone to look out for. Someone that could kill.

Closing her eyes, she reached the start of the pier.

"Don't fire. I'm friendly."

Her voice was empty. Almost as if there was nothing living in it, no will. Slowly, she walked towards the woman at the end of the dock.
B069 Ben Powell: That's a bout. Salute. Shake hands.
G052 Sapphire McLeod: The Youngest Was The Most Loved
G084 Eve Walker-Luther: The Prime Time Of Your Life

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eve breathed gently in and out as she walked to the end of the pier. The person at the other end stood up, as tall as a very short person could. Raising an eyebrow, she gave a sigh, thinking she might have got the gender wrong for once. The guy... or girl... whatever, the person was pale and freckled, a mane of fire around her face. The person's clothes left something to be desired though. It just made her look like another ordinary person, one very bland person you'd pass in the street.

"Nah. First time. Nothing like the ads on TV."

She tried to smile, but... she just didn't feel like it. With a vacant stare, she looked out into the deep blue sea, placing her bag onto the pier. "The name's Eve. Dancer, mother of one." Holding out her hand to the side, she went to shake.

Sh-chk.

Eve's ears screamed at her. Years of listening to music had made them sensitive, able to pick up the quietest bits in a song. In the middle of rushing waves and some birds chirping, a small sliding sound behind her said something very bad: another person.

Quietly as possible, she whispered to the other person.

"There's someone watching us."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
She raised an eyebrow, slightly flummoxed at what Ema was saying. Did she really have what it takes to play, kill innocent people in front of America? She wanted to get back to Octavia... but...

Survival of the Fittest. The strong will survive. The weak must die.

Closing her eyes, she swallowed as that tagline ran through her head. She had watched the show a few times, didn't really get into it that much. It was just another show, a mixture of Lost and Big Brother with some ultra-violence. And now she found out it was all real. Perfect. Just her horrible luck. Just when everything was going her way, Jack, Octavia, the apartment, dancing. She really was lucky.

She glanced at the bag. How lucky was she really? Eve knew how it worked. Everyone had even odds to get any weapon, the man said. What were her chances to get something that wasn't a joke? It seemed Ema had struck out with her weapon, so if the person behind was playing, it would be all up to her.

Girl Eighty Four, the dancer with a boyfriend and baby back home. Something to fight for, to live for, to come back home to.

"Well, now that you've given the surprise away, there's no need for the person to hide any longer."

Giving her features a slightly bored mask as she turned around, Eve gave a yell, brushing her blue streak out of her eye. "Your choice. Either we have a shoot-out right here, right now, or you come on out and we have a good calm chat. I'm open to an alliance."

Of course, she didn't have any kind of gun. She hadn't even opened the bag.

But the person hiding didn't know that.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
She examined the man coming out. Another usual teenager, bit of a nerd, really. With his hands up in the air, he walked towards them. Completely normal. Except for the gun in his hand, held the wrong way. It seemed that the gamble had paid off. Feeling the pat on the back, she tried to get her brain out of it's clunk and actually work.

"I guess you don't want to play."

Fuck playing. Fuck the rules.

Repeating those lines in her head, she glanced at the smile on Ema's face. Dangerous. They weren't dangerous. That was news to her. Doing something dangerous would be trying to attempt a backflip on the edge of a cliff. Or crossing the road. That was dangerous. People take calculated risks every day, trying to work out their chance of survival.

Wincing and giving a slight twitch, she looked at the man again.

"Let's talk. OK. What's your name, and why the fuck do you deserve to survive?"

Slightly unusual question. Eve didn't care.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
…wait, was he checking them out?

Resisting the urge to laugh, Eve nodded at his answer. Ridley, Rid. Riddles. He didn’t seem too bad. If anything, he seemed to be pretty sharp. Asking for weapons was good. Although Eve didn’t want to open her bag and check. It was long, that was for sure-
Eve’s ears twitched as she looked behind Ridley. The pier gave a creak. Brown. Lots of green and brown. But for a second there was motion. Combined with the footsteps…

“Looks like we’ve found our next contestant on ‘The Price is Right.’”

She gave a glance at the new kid, dropping her voice down to a whisper. “You weren’t followed, were you?” Slowly she started to bend down to the bag’s zip. Just in case. She wasn’t going to use whatever it was. Only for defence. Defend against anyone who wanted to take her away from her family. That was fair, right? With a quick nod at the bag, Eve gave a mutter at herself. “Here goes nothing.” In one clean motion she opened it up, her mind reeling.

A sword.

She got a heavy fucking curved sword.

Picking it up slowly by the handle, Eve gave an insane laugh.

“Well, that was anti-climatic. Why don’t we invite our new guest?”

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
And then everything went cold.

Michelle. Familiar, but probably not the most, saw her around school last year. Friends? Enemies? Neutral at best. Goddamnit, not staying at school longer had really cost Eve.

And the trade. Of all the things she wanted, it was her weapon, although a crowbar was interesting. Lighter, didn't need to have both hands on it. She could go Gordon Freeman on people. But the curved sword... Why was she considering this? Ridley called out Michelle's bluff easily. If it was a bluff. Was she playing? Wasn't she? Who was 'she', Michelle or Eve? Her mind started to explode with questions, each one more complicated than the last.

Fuck playing, fuck the rules, fuck playing, fuck the rules.

Screwing up her face and then exhaling, she walked over to Michelle.

"Three conditions. One, I want a truce till the final four. I don't care what you do, as long as you don't hurt me or them, feel free to run off at anytime. Two, I want you to promise me that you won't kill anyone innocent. Only self defence and revenge, OK?"

Eve looked into Michelle's eyes and squinted.

"And three; I want a fucking candy bar."

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
"What? No!"

Eve brought her free hand up to her face, groaning. How stupid- Ghaak.

“You!” Pointing at Ridley and his gun, she gave a growl. “You think you can defend all of us with that? Limited ammo, and hell, I doubt you can even aim. What am I supposed to defend myself with?! Air? Dodging bullets wasn’t taught in dance class.”

“You!” Pointing at Michelle and her spraypaint hair, she gave a grumble. “What kind of idiot doesn’t bring chocolate on a freaking school camp? Don’t tell me you ate it all on the bus.”

“And you!” Pointing at Ema, she… she slowly lowered her hand. Ema was OK and wasn’t being an idiot like the others.

“…you’re cool. Sorry. Ooo! Chocolate!”

Giving a smile and skipping over, she stole a small bar and opened it up.

“You see, Ema has the right idea here. Let’s not worry about all this shit. Please. I don’t care. Neither should you. All I want to do is eat, sleep and defend myself. And if you guys don’t like that? Well, I don’t think that we can be friends.”

Slowly she chewed on the chocolate, looking at the others…

“Well? What’s it gonna be?”

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right about now, Eve was wearing a 'you have got to be fucking kidding me' face, her arms crossed over her chest, the blue stripe moving into her eye, the sword now under her arm, her clenched fist holding it in place. First off, Ridley had decided to go mental. As for her not knowing how to handle a sword... well, it's a sword. It's swing quick and hard up close, not much to screw up. And why on earth would she try to steal a sword when he had a gun to top it? And then came the slightly crazy move of Michelle cracking and whacking him in the stomach. While he may or may not have needed it was one thing, another was him bringing out... well, the big gun. Thankfully he had decided to flee. Otherwise...

And now Ema was on Michelle's case. Under her breath, she muttered "For the love of Jack... Fuck playing. Fuck the fucking rules."

What would Jack do?

"Girls. I think we need to find out how fucked we are."

Slowly, she glared at the two, and unknotted her arms, sticking her sword into the sand behind her body. With another motion, she started to sit down, crossing her legs. "Put your weapons behind your backs, and sit down. We need to calm down. And we need to talk."

Glancing at Michelle, she gave a swallow, unzipping her bag, rummaging to find the manual for the SotF game. With a frown, she looked back up.

"Why do you want to live? What would force you to attack a man with a gun, knowing that if you screw up, you'll be shot and die?"

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

Dropbear
Member Avatar
Actually a cat.
[ *  *  *  * ]
[[skipping Chib due to inactivity and rolls for Eve]]

She licked her lips. Uncertainty went into her gut. Michelle... well, a player to play with? She seemed trustworthy on her first loo-

Sigh.

Eve twitched, her hand now behind her back, gripping the sword.

"I think I would prefer somewhere that isn't going to be ambushed by every fucking person in the world."

What was the best route here again? Get the person to come out? Right, and if we had another know it all who wanted to attack people with guns. Or even worse, if the person had a gun and Michelle tried to take it again.

Maybe... it would be easier being alone. Sure, it'd be lonely, but... Maybe it... no, some people were worth staying with, but... and... maybe... maybe...

Eve gritted her teeth, closed her eyes, her mind repeating itself, the problem, no solution.

Fuck playing.

And then she opened them. "Ema, it's been a pleasure knowing you." Quicker than the group could blink, Eve grabbed her bag and her sword, sprinting off into the forest.

Leaving behind an arrow in the sand pointed straight at Robert.

[[Eve Walker-Luther continued in The Prime Time Of Your Life]]
Edited by Dropbear, Sep 15 2010, 06:01 AM.

Game Over. Continue?
> y

Jamie Snicket

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply