Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The start of something truly absurd; Since nobody else is here...
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 04:13 PM (5,432 Views)
SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
((Michelle O'Cain continued from We All Start Somewhere))

Cold, wet, annoyed, scared, angry, dirty and so many more adjectives could be use to describe Michelle at this moment. The girl was fustrated at best. Ever since she left team useless she had walk across the swamp at a slow paced. She had made sure to keep her head down and stay in a crouching state. Sure it made things longer but on a island where everyone was trying to kill themsleves she couldn't care less about her own agony. It's better to be in pain than dead right?

I should of just attack... I should of just attack...

Part of her was extremly angry at the fact so many individuals arrived at the same times as her to find Rizzo. Given the chance she would of killed Theo if it wasn't for OC.

She stop for a short rest and lay on her back. She went ahead again to cover herself in more mud and dirt to help her camoflage. She close her eyes for a minute and let herself rest. The swamps were an extremely unpleasent place to be. It was hard to travel through, and the open view would easily allowed anyone to shoot a target that was too stupid to keep it's head down. Like OC and Theo. God she was in a pissy mood. The whole situation she was in had really change her from quiet to grumpy and violent. It was because of the stress she'd figured. Stupid swamp.

She estimated that she had sat down about what she figured was about five minutes. With that she stood up again in the same crouching position she was in and kept movign foward. Only a short while later did she notice the swamp was getting less and less thick. She notice she was arriving to a less wet terrain. She was leaving the swamps! Finally she was able to relax in a less annoying terrain. She decided to take a risk at this point. If someone was nearby they would of shot her by now. So she stood up and started walking and then started to run. It felt nice letting her body go for once.

She kept running for a short while when she notice several figures in the distance. At this point she wasn't sure what to do. If they were playing like her they would obviously attack. Of course with a group of three it obviously meant they were probably friendly. Michelle wasn't sure if she shoudl approach them or not. It was the whole Rizzo scenario again.

This time she decided to watch instead of interact. She drop her blue bag and look for something to hide behind. Noticing a log she made a small dash for it and hide behind it. Hopefully being covered in dirt would help her hide. She threw herself on to the ground and watch the trio. Hopefully she wouldn't be notice either.
Edited by SRJJJB, Aug 16 2010, 02:12 PM.
While I am not taking the pledge myself, I suggest that everyone should give this a read.

V5 Kids
Posted Image Joey Grey - Healthy - Armed: Shaolin Hook Swords x2 - Freaking out in Fanciful Surroundings
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
Michelle swore under her breath. She had notice that all the kids glance at her. Who knows if one of them saw her. To add her quick fall seem to have made a larger thud than what she had intended. As much as she stood still she didn't know if they had notice her or not. Again they didn't seem hostile but she didn't want to risk it.

She stood up with her hands raise in the air. She kept her hand on the crowbar anyway. No way in hell was she going to let herself go unarmed. She wonder how they would react to her being covered in different kinds of crap. The last three seem completely terrified of the thought. Like they were afraid of getting dirty to survive.

Then she notice something in particular. The second girl had a sword. Michelle wanted a sword. This group suddenly became all the more interesting. She started to walk towards them with her hands still held high so that the gun boy doesn't get any ideas.

"Alright I'm not sure if you guys have notice me but... I come in peace for now. Temporary truce. Whatever you like to call it. My name is Michelle O'Cain. I uhhh... I would also like to know if there was anything I could trade for that sword of yours miss... What's your name" She said while pointing with her crowbar towards Eve. "I'll be willing to give up my crowbar and other supplies for it."

She hoped to god the girl would make her a trade. In her opinion it was somewhat to her advantage. The crowbar was a excellent weapon and tool. Only the sword would be better in Michelle's hands. She was already proficient with light blade. With a bit of practice she hoped she could find a rhythm we this larger one. Why not give the simple weapon to the untrained girl and the more complex one to the professional?

Because it was Survival of the Fittest and a sword looks so much cooler than a crowbar

Hopefully the girl would see otherwise.
While I am not taking the pledge myself, I suggest that everyone should give this a read.

V5 Kids
Posted Image Joey Grey - Healthy - Armed: Shaolin Hook Swords x2 - Freaking out in Fanciful Surroundings

SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
Michelle stares at the three people in disbelief. The first one who spoke up was obviously in a bad mood. Who wouldn't be in a situation like this. Of course acting all bossy and mighty was pissing her off. He even called out that she was playing.

Well duh... Any moron would obviously play knowing there is no escape.

She was irritated by him. She wanted him gone. Hopefully she'll get such a chance later.

The first girl on the other hand creep her out. All she was doing was smiling... It wasn't a happy smile either just... A smile. She didn't like that girl. She seemed on the point of breaking at any moment and going crazy on her friends. So obviously she was going to go on her to eliminate or avoid list.

The second girl, the one with a sword, gave her the opposite reaction of either. She seem confused and lost. Then she suddenly straighten up. She propose three conditions.

First she had to agree not to kill her or her friends. Michelle was surprise how the girl was suddenly demanding something. This girl actually shown she understand what was going on. She might make a actual useful ally. It was the other two she didn't like. Temper lad and smiling girl. Could she make a promise knowing she would kill those two if she had a chance?

Then came the second demand. No killing innocents. Michelle already establish that. So that was a easy promise.

The third demand was unexpected. Literally Michelle was thinking of thousands of questions yet none of them involved a candy bar.

At this point Michelle was once again starring at her. What was she suppose to do? Say no and get shot from the back? Say yes and lie? Why was she even considering saying no? This was Survival of the Fittest. Lying was a must.

Raising her hand to shake it with Eve she smiled and nodded once.

"I agree to the two first conditions. Sadly I can't fulfill the third condition but if I get a candy bar well... I'll give it to you if I ever get one. If your dead then I'll bury it with you. Sounds good?" She replied. "I like you and you know what you can keep the sword if you like. I'll trade it whenever you like do. What's your name anyway?" She asked.
Edited by SRJJJB, Aug 24 2010, 09:29 AM.

V5 Kids

SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
Michelle was slowly losing it. Was the boy stupid? If she was ever in a scenario to steal the sword... Why steal the sword and not the fucking gun? Was he mentally retarded?

Look at me! I'm the smart one! Why not get rid of the girl's sword since it's obviously dangerous and I'll keep my gun! Michelle is obviously too stupid to know that a gun is better then a sword! God I'm so smart!

Michelle leaned over to the two other girls. She didn't want the guy around any longer.

"Look... I like you two... Or more like I think I can trust you girls. Also I'm sorry for not bringing chocolate; I prefer simple meals. Yes I know I'm very boring. Now the thing is I don't trust bubs there with his gun. He's paranoid and talking like some insane douche bag so... How about we take that gun away from him? Without killing him or severely wounding him of course. See the last thing I want is some crazy paranoid kid who can't think straight to be walking around with a gun." She whispered to them. Afterward she walk towards the boy.

Approaching close to him she began to talk. "Alright moron listen up. First your scenario is stupid. Why the fuck would I steal the sword when I could just take your gun? You really think I'm stupid enough to look over a gun for a sword? Second you wanted your only potential ally to throw away her sword? Great job at building trust you moron! Last well you need to work on that paranoia my friend..." She started. She scratch at the back of her head at what to say next.

"And well... Let see..." She ponder for a minute. After a brief moment she puts her left hand on the boy's left shoulder. "We need a way to fix that so let's work together on it alright?" She stated. She quickly position the crowbar's blunt head towards the boy stomach and trusted forwards and hoping she could knock the air out of him. Hopefully he would lose the grip on his gun.
Edited by SRJJJB, Sep 8 2010, 03:05 PM.

V5 Kids

SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
Michelle tensed up as the attack failed to remove the boy's gun as he jumped back. She noticed he was losing his footing and she took several steps forward. At this range she could easily pounced at him. The only problem was the gun. She ignored his pointless yelling as she went ahead to process what the do next. If she killed the boy then she would look like a killer in front of the two girls. Not what she wanted. She gently crept forward as the crazy boy.

Keep talking my friend... Let your guard down for a second strike. This time the arm...

She never got the chance. She noticed the boy reach out for his gun. She knew the moment he would draw it she had to avoid it. Somehow she had to dodge the bullet.

The gun was coming out of the boy's pocket.

He froze.

She froze.

She stood there watching his hand as it stopped pulling the gun from the pocket. What had happen? Then he suddenly shoved it back inside. Michelle was confused. Wasn't he going to attack her? Instead he simply yelled out a few words that Michelle simply ignored and ran off.

Confused Michelle didn't know what to do next. She was expecting to be shot in the next few moments. Instead he ran off.

With the tension gone she scratch her muddy head. Not sure what to do she turned around to face the girls.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" yelled Ema.

Michelle raised an eyebrow at the question.

"To get the gun?" She answered.

Obviously her sudden action baffled the creepy girl. So much for being creepy. Now she was just... Weird? Was that an improvement? Oh well.

"Girls. I think we need to find out how fucked we are." Announced Eve. The girl that Michelle actually liked seem less shock and more reasonable.

Eve put away her sword as she sat down while crossing her legs.

"Put your weapons behind your backs, and sit down. We need to calm down. And we need to talk."

Michelle figured that it wasn't a bad idea. She was already calm and talking might improve her position with the two girls. She walked towards the girls and jabbed the crowbar behind her as she sat down. As Eve looked into some sort of book, Michelle took the opportunity to looked at the two girls without the crazy boy annoying the crap out of her.

Eve was slightly odd but reasonable, sane and trustworthy. She also had nice hair. Michelle simply like the girl already. She wondered if they would of been friends back at school.

Meanwhile Ema was scary. The smile and the reaction seemed like signs of slight insanity or mood issues. Michelle didn't quite appreciate the fact that it didn't seem like Ema took care of her hair. Then again Michelle was covered in mud and not one to talk. Overall Michelle secretly prayed that they would lose Ema in someway.

"Why do you want to live? What would force you to attack a man with a gun, knowing that if you screw up, you'll be shot and die?" Said Eve.

The question snapped Michelle from her small wandering thoughts.

"Oh um... I want to live because being alive is so much better then being dead? I think we can all agree on that. As for the gun well... I prefer knowing I have the advantage against some who has a gun with the change of taking it then waiting for a time for someone who has a gun and isn't afraid to use it. Honestly if we met someone that was willing to kill us and all we had are these weapons then we would be probably dead. So my answer is that I might as well risk it with someone who isn't willing to use a gun with the chance of obtaining it instead of waiting around for someone who will... Is that a good enough answer" She answered with a long speech. Hopefully the girls would agree with her.

"So uhh... What now Eve?" She asked the girl.

V5 Kids

SRJJJB
Member Avatar
The original Skyler
[ *  *  * ]
Michelle look at the girls dashing off. Left alone she scratch her head at the confusion. At this point if everyone was leaving she might as well head out herself. With the sudden actions of everyone she failed to notice to appearance of Rob as she drew her crowbar and ran off again. It seem like she would never get the chance to find sane allies.

(Michelle O'Cain continues elsewhere...)

V5 Kids

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · The Key · Next Topic »
Add Reply