Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feeling Kind of Anxious; Boy #159 gets underway
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 02:57 PM (4,154 Views)
Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Owen Rothschild continued from Where is My Mind?))

Owen breathed a sigh of relief as he reached the cliffs. Then he looked around. He seemed to have lost his allies, and was now alone on the Southern Cliffs. Unless he were to count the boy kicking the fence. Owen watched him for a moment before kneeling and digging his map out from his bag. There were a number of places on the island that he imagined would have been quite interesting if he were there at any other time, but at that moment the most interesting places to him would be the ones where he might find supplies. He'd probably be out of luck finding edible food, as the island had been abandoned for some time, but he might find some tools, or just a place to lie low for a little bit and get his head together.

He scanned the boy again, not seeing a weapon in his hand. For a brief moment he considered rushing him and taking him out. There was nobody to see him do it, and if Danya ratted him out he could make up a story about being attacked. After all, it's a game right?

Owen stopped himself before he did anything though. This isn't just a game, this is real life! Owen looked at the boy again. People are going to die if we go along with this. He chewed his lip thoughtfully. People are going to die anyway. Why shouldn't I be the winner?

He shook his head out and attempted to banish those thoughts from his head. He wasn't going to think like that. I'm not killing anybody. Not killing anybody.
Takeshi Yoshikawa
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen's head turned in the direction of the voice. Going along? Maybe. But nobody would actually say yes to that question.

He looked her up and down. He didn't see a weapon in her hand, but that could mean any number of things. She could have discarded it in protest, or in despair if it were a particularly bad joke. Or maybe she hadn't looked at it yet. Or maybe she just doesn't want to show her hand too quickly, Owen thought, considering the possibility that she was playing a different sort of game.

If that's the game, I can play too...no, there is no game. I'm not playing. I'm not even thinking about playing.

"I'm not playing anything. I'm getting off this island. As soon as I can come up with a plan."

Life is a game. We're all playing. In the end, we'll all play...no. I'll choose my own game. I don't have to play Danya's...
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen shrugged. He hadn't really seen very many people at all since he'd awoken, and just the one girl back in the hut. There had been two others outside, but Owen hadn't noticed them. What he did know was that nobody he'd seen so far had been Cyrille LeBlanche.

"Sorry. Been running, so I haven't seen much of anybody."

He looked around for a moment, wondering if anybody he'd seen so far had followed him, or if they had all made it out alive. He supposed he'd find out soon enough if anybody had died. He wasn't sure how to feel about his classmates dying at each others hands. The more people died, the less he'd have to kill later, but the thought wasn't a comforting one.

I just want to go home. No more game. Just let us go home.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
There was one person he wanted to find. He was keeping that to himself though. He wasn't sure what it could hurt for anybody to know who he was looking for, but he knew that he was being watched. He would only say what he wanted Danya to hear. Instead of volunteering information about his relationships, he busied himself with studying the Violetta's collar.

"The design is good. It would most likely be quite difficult to remove without setting off the bomb inside. It's not a bluff either. These things will explode if you cause trouble, or get caught in a forbidden zone. I'm guessing we'd have to somehow get to the main computer to get them off."

In truth, the collars could probably be disabled and removed if he had a transistor radio and the schematics for the collars, but even if he could find and dismantle a radio, there was almost no chance of getting the plans to collars. To access remotely he'd need a computer, a power source, and some way to access the internet. And a hacker. Software was not Owen's area of expertise.

In all reality, the most likely way off this island is to play the game, and win. They've done this before. They know all the tricks. We're all fucked, and I think we all know it. Just nobody wants to admit it yet.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen turned his head to see a boy running to join them. He was probably okay, so Owen didn't worry too much about it. He was pretty sure he didn't know him, but he might be useful.

"Yeah. We can think about that later. I'm guessing we'll be here for a few days. I think we should take today to get our bearings and find a clean water source. Things are going to get crazy later, especially when our water runs out. If we can not fight over supplies, we might get out of this alive."

Owen thought for a moment and pulled out his map.

"Okay, we'll be at the southern cliffs. We can go a few places from here. What do you guys think?"
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Oops, forgot post order.))

Owen shook his head. "I didn't see it, but when you see somebody dead here, it's best to assume somebody killed them. Some of us are playing the game."

Owen had another look at the map and shook his head. "No lakes, the beaches are on the ocean. I don't see rivers either, but if there's wildlife on the island then we'll find water somehow. There are probably a few streams in the woods, and we might find a well in town. With water though we'll need to find some way to purify it. Either boiling or if we can get our hands on some iodine or ethyl. The clinic would probably have some of that."

He thought for a moment more before going through possible options aloud. "So there's the town center, the infirmary, and the residential area that could potentially be useful. If we're just looking for a place to hole up, there's also a chapel and an abandoned carnival. The town might be the most useful, but it's possible that people will be flocking there as well. Wherever we go, we must be cautious."
Takeshi Yoshikawa

Zabriel
Member Avatar
Player
[ *  *  *  * ]
Owen shrugged and decided to follow along, picking up the forgotten bag. It occurred to him that he could just walk off with it.Whatever it held would be helpful. He'd be off to town anyhow. If he ran into Johnny that was how it was. If not, free bag. He'd have a look in it later to see what was inside of it if he didn't see the boy.

"I'll be headed that way too. Don't stay here too long. Probably wouldn't be good on your mind."

((Owen Rothschild continued in Fountain of Youth))
Edited by Zabriel, Oct 12 2010, 01:55 PM.
Takeshi Yoshikawa

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply