Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Feeling Kind of Anxious; Boy #159 gets underway
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 02:57 PM (4,155 Views)
I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"SON OF A BITCH!"

The chain-link fence barely had time to react before the boot came out and slammed directly into its' centre section. The fence groaned under the impact of the boot, but still maintained the upright position that it had for years. The owner of the boot continued on, angrily stomping right by the area that he had just kicked. Such a display of anger or aggresson might have been commonplace for Trent Hunter in the years prior to his incarceration, but since he'd essentially remade himself into a promising member of society, he'd tried very hard to keep his temper under wraps. For the most part, he'd succeeded.

Until now.

Upon waking up, Trent had used every single bit of brainpower into clearing his brain and assessing his situation. As soon as the memories clearly came rushing back to him, and he recalled the kidnapping, the murder of their teachers, the presentation ... it all just seemed so utterly senseless, and did nothing but piss him off. Not only did it infuriate him for how socially unacceptable and horrific the whole thing was, but it meant that Trent had essentially escaped one form of incarceration and traded it off for another, far more deadly form. So even though he tried to be as even-tempered and regulated as possible, Trent Hunter was so mad that he kicked a fence.

It didn't help at all that he'd managed to draw a package of edible men's underwear as a 'weapon' (and he'd tossed them over the edge of the small cliff in disgust as soon as he'd looked at them), which meant that he would begin this twisted competition at a disadvantage to anyone who'd managed to luck out with anything short of a knife.

With my history, doesn't exactly bode well for my long-term survival prospects.

Grumbling to himself, Trent glanced around the area. As far as he could tell, there was nobody else sitting around the viscinity, and he hadn't heard any sort of gunshots, so evidently nobody had begun to start killing people yet. Even still, he knew that being complacent wasn't something that he could afford to do. At any time, someone could appear, and with the simple push of a button, that could mean the end of his life. A life that he'd worked so very hard to make mean something.

A life that could very well be over in a matter of days.

"DAMMIT!"

The fence groaned under his boot's assault once more.
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated))

For Trent, everything was moving in slow motion. People were coming and going so quickly that it made his head spin. One of the comings was especially memorable, as Trent had been momentarily distracted by some new arrival, and a kid had taken that moment to come toppling down the hill, falling into the chasm below them. Judging by the sickening splat that he had made as his body had connected with the bottom, Trent couldn't imagine that he'd survived, and so in order to stop from betraying his cool exterior, he'd opted not to take a look and see who it was. He HAD looked up and seen the towering form of that Rasputin kid lumbering off from the area.

So that's how it's going to be, hm? We're here ten minutes, and already it's a dog-eat-dog mentality? Of course. It's like jail all over again.

More things happened around him, but Trent remained within his own mind, staring up at the space that Rasputin had recently vacated. Again with a jail analogy. He couldn't understand the sudden fascination of his brain to recall that horrible period in his life, but here it was, at the forefront and relaying old information to his brain in order to deal with the new situation that would likely become the new 'worst time of his life'.

"...and the last."

Getting lost in his own mind was probably the last thing that Trent wanted to be doing, and as such, he snapped himself out of his temporary reprieve. There'd be time for introspective thinking later on.

Or, perhaps he'd be dead.

Either way, the time for action was now. Finally taking a moment to glance at the other two students standing around him, he failed to put immediate recgonition to the faces. This wasn't surprising. Outside of the hockey team, the student council, and anyone who'd had the misfortune of crossing his way during his younger, more ...violent years, he didn't really socialize a lot with the other members of the student body. Most teenagers didn't believe in second chances. It was probably the reason that Trent would be dead within the next couple of days. Even still, as he looked at the two other, obviously frightened individuals, he knew that there was no reason to resign himself to dying. Weaponless, and with a myriad of enemies, many of whom likely had weapons with which to maim and kill, he knew that undoubtedly, it was an uphill battle.

Time to start climbing.

In response to the girl's question, Trent shook his head. Momentarily listening to the boy respond, he waited, and then chipped in with his own two cents.

"Absolutely not. There's nothing to be gained by killing each other. Escape is a good idea, but I can't imagine that it'd be very easy. We're at the bottom of a very large staircase right now, and it's going to take us a rather long time to make it to the top."

Strange metaphor aside, Trent sighed slightly. There would be no more time to relax. He felt his edge beginning to creep back up on him, and immediately he surpressed it. Those feelings, that person that he'd been before...while he may have had a use for those instincts before, and he knew that they could serve him well in this "game", he wanted no part of them. That wasn't who he was anymore, and if some form of peaceful solution couldn't be found, then...well...

...he'd figure that out later.

"I'm Trent. I don't know either of you, but I can assure you that I'm not looking to make any enemies while I'm here."
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Trent nodded at the idea. If these two were willing to come along with him while in this deathtrap, he was all for it. It meant two people out of his graduating class wouldn't be looking to kill him, which meant the world. Of course, when someone with a grudge stumbled upon him and decided that it was an ideal time for revenge...he couldn't see that his two new companions would necessarily enjoy being around him very much. He'd just keep that whole detail to himself - at least, for now.

We'll deal with that if it ever comes up...I dearly hope that it doesn't, but then again, when has fate not been decidedly specific in its plan?

At Jane's question, he shook his head. The name rang a bell, but he couldn't immediately place the face. Sounded French, so if she ran into them, he was pretty certain he'd recall her. Absentmindedly stroking his goatee, Trent glanced around the area.

"Teaming up works for me. I'd far prefer to have some backup if things were to get...well, hairy."

Considerably calmer than he'd been moments before, and having had time to adjust to his new situation, Trent began to formulate a plan in his head. If there was one thing that he was unprepared to do, it was die. Fate had been far too forgiving with giving him a second chance - his life was SUPPOSED to take on some form of meaning. He could hardly believe that it would be to die in some sort of horrific game. Absolutely not.

"Notwithstanding any of that, though...I don't know about you two, but I feel like the only way out of this situation is the one way that everyone's got to be thinking about - escaping. As far as how we do that...I'm not really sure. I'd need to know a bit more about the lay of the land before..." He stopped. "...fuck, who am I kidding? I don't know what I'm even saying. I'd love to escape, but we need to really think carefully, and get someone who's a far better planner than I could ever be."

Exhaling deeply, Trent scratched the back of his neck. It wasn't like him to stumble over his words, but...the truth was, he was downright fucking terrified.

"Outside of Cyrille, do you two have anyone...people you'd like to find?"
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Trent shifted uncomfortably. Fuckin' terrorists. Of course they'd done this before. They'd probably gone through so many different combinations of collar designs and danger zone setups and all that crap, he knew that the odds one of them finding some sort of weakness in the design was nearly infintessimal. It was like jail, it really was. Except in jail, they give you a decent meal, and they don't threaten to blow your head off if you go in the wrong room.

Nah, they just threaten to shoot you, instead. Much better.

Scratching his beard again, Trent didn't like how things were shaping up. His two newfound allies seemed to be decent people - Jane was far more of a talker than the other guy, whose name Trent still didn't know, but they both seemed grounded. People would need to be grounded if they wanted to stand any kind of a chance of living past day one. If they wanted to avoid ending up like cliff-boy down there.

He shuddered. The thought hadn't really occurred to him that people would be so zealous towards killing - it was disturbing, to say the least. Having a history like his didn't lend well to that sort of idea. Instantly, Trent found himself wanting to get away from the corpse that probably lay at the bottom of the cliff. Away from the presence of death.

"Okay, gotchya. Samantha Ridley, blonde chick, and Cyrille, of course. I'm not really set on seeing anyone in particular - nobody who comes to mind, anyhow. So if we wanna find these girls...look, you know 'em best. Where would they go if they were freaked out and looking to meet up with their friends?"

He glanced back at the cliff face.

"I think we should start figuring out where to go next, because...well, I'm pretty sure I just saw a kid get tossed off a cliff, and to be honest, I'd like to get the fuck out of here!"
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Things were moving far too fast for Trent to comprehend. The fact was, he needed to get away - and quickly. He had to get somewhere to clear his head; plan his next move. To do otherwise would likely be fatal.

((Trent continued elsehwere))
---
The Future

The Past

Meanwhile...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Southern Cliffs · Next Topic »
Add Reply