Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Final Countdown; G034's journey begins...
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 01:45 PM (1,580 Views)
Ciel
Member Avatar
"That’s not a prediction, that’s a spoiler.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zach Jamis wanted a fucking smoke. Was it too much to ask for? Zach Jamis couldn’t stand a good part of his collective classmates on a good day. Sure, he got along with a few of them but they were a small minority of the class of Bayview. And now he was going to have to suffer as these same kids cut each other up like rabid wolves. It was a very grim thing to think about, which explained why Zach wanted a smoke so badly. At this point, he NEEDED a smoke. He was having a panic attack.

He lit the contents of the bag up with his flashlight. It was about the only thing he had that could help him through these tunnels, and Zach begged in the back of his mind that the batteries weren’t drained. The pack of Sobanie Blacks, a Russian brand that Zach enjoyed, was at the very bottom of the bag in the one corner that he did not check. So much for a wonder start to his bloodfest, Zach thought grimly. What made him feel a little better, at least for the moment, was that he brought his thirty dollar Zippo lighter. That shit was fancy, with little diamonds stuck around the edges. He had snuck it inside the bag that he had brought on his trip. His cellphone, MP3 player and everything else he liked were still there, but he didn't care about those things. All he needed was the lighter. Zach treasured that thing like his own child.

Zach flicked the top of the lighter open and lit it up in one practiced motion, just as he always did. He let the cigarette dangle from the edge of his mouth as he lit it. He twitched on the floor of the tunnel, his legs shaking violently. He closed the lighter and the tunnel grew dark again. Zach let his mind go at ease as he inhaled.

“Alright Zach,” he thought out loud. “Just how the hell are you going to get yourself out of this one?”

There was one thing Zach knew for sure. He wasn’t about to go and kill people. He was inclined to beat the shit out of anyone who wanted to hurt him, but actively going out and killing others? That wasn’t his bag. Zach Jamis wasn't a hateful guy. He hated alot of things. The government, lazy-ass rich kids, crocodiles(he had a huge fear of them). However Zach never once wished to harm anyone, especially people in his class. On the flip side, he didn't want to die. Oh no, he wanted to live. So the feelings were mixed together, but the cigarette was doing it's job in numbing out all that worrying shit.

Zach clutched the cigarette between two fingers and slowly exhaled. Oh yeah. He really needed that.

That was when he finally took notice of a voice not too far off. Then again it was one loud scream so anyone would have taken notice. Zach placed the cigarette back in his mouth and scrambled for his flashlight. He slung the bag over his shoulder and got up to his feet, clutching the flashlight tightly as he rounded the corner, the beam of light hitting Jamie Li almost immediately.

He didn't recognize the girl from any of his classes, though he definitely knew she had been on the same bus as him. She was an asian girl... and that was about all the distinguishing features Zach took from her. At least from the distance he was at, and he wasn't a stickler for details. Not like it mattered though, Zach was just glad he wasn't alone in this hellhole. He turned the flashlight away from her without saying anything, down at the pool noodle that she had thrown on the floor. Zach felt the need to laugh but he kept it under wraps.

“Looks like someone’s luck is ‘bout as shitty as mine.”

Zach’s face was unreadable in the darkness, but if Jamie looked closely she could see the faint outlines of a smirk.
Edited by Ciel, Aug 11 2010, 12:26 PM.
V6

G052 - Reed, Jasmine - 0% - Falchion - START END
G060 - Pfeiffer, Scout - 100% - Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000 - START
G025 - Reyes, Audrey - 0% - Nunchaku - START END

releases greatest hits album, is an one-hit wonder
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
(Adam knows about the post skippage, I told him all about it. We won't be doing much of this Adam!)

Here was someone he didn't expect to see. Samya Franklin. Zach just called him Sam, because if he didn't he knew he would slip up and call her Salmalya. She was the only friend that Zach made at school and even then their relationship wasn't all that close She was a nice girl. Maybe that was why Zach bothered to go on this trip in the first place. Now he was wishing he had been stubborn and refused.

She was apologizing. Oh, right. Zach remembered her asking him to come on the trip.

Zach was in fact very calm about the whole situation. Not because he wasn't scared, but that he wasn't exactly the kind of guy who was used to showing how he truly felt. In truth Zach was as scared as everyone else, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him. He made damn sure that his face was unreadable at all times. So seeing Samya shaken up, apologizing so deeply made Zach very uncomfortable. It was expected of him to go over to Samya, hug her with tears in his eyes and tell her it wasn't her fault but he just couldn't. He wasn't a touchy-feely guy. It really wasn't her fault, Zach had caved in pretty quickly when Samya bugged him about it. It wasn't like she pointed a gun at his head! So Zach wasn't sure how to convey this without it all sounding like a soap drama gone terribly wrong.

"Calm down Sam," Zach told her. "You're shaking like a damn blender, I can see from over here. You're bound to make this cave crumbled to the ground if you keep that up."

Zach took his cigarette out of his mouth, turned his head away and let the smoke billow out in a large cloud. The cigarette lingered in-between his fingers, turning back to Samya with a very serious look on his face.

"Listen, it's cool. You didn't know that this was going to happen. I didn't know this was going to happen. No one on the trip knew this was going to happen. So fuck everything else, only thing that matters is that we're stuck here Samya. We're gonna have to figure something sort of plan out if we don't want to die, and apologizing about shit that ain't our fault isn't going to help."

He placed the cigarette back in his mouth, letting it dangle from his lip as he took another hit. Samya's appearance made Zach all the more nervous and if he knew how to calm down it was smoking. He gave a shrug, dropping his bag on the floor. With a quick zip he opened the bag and fished through it. He pulled a thick pair of boots out and held them up for Samya.

"Got a pair of boots. When I first woke up, and I saw these puppies, I was thinking, 'the fuck are up with these things?' I thought it was all a damn joke, y'know? Felt pretty damn heavy when I tried to lift them up. I knew they had to have somethin' in them, I just wasn't sure what. So I just dropped them on the ground, y'know. Thought it was just a pile of shit."

And just to prove his point he let go of them. Both boots fell together, coliding with the hard stone floor below. A loud metallic SHNK resounded almost instantaneously,echoing in the caverns just as Jamie's scream did. Zach took his cigarette out and let the smoke out, picking up the flashlight that he left on the floor. He illuminated the pair of boots with an awkward twist of his hand. Two think but very large knives were present at the foot of each boot. Zach smirked a grim little smirk.

"Can you believe that? There knives in these boots. Never seen anything like that before in my entire fuckin' life. Only problem is that you have to push the knives back in yourself, so you'll have to either use the wall to push them back in or risk getting cut and do the whole thing by hand. Lord forbid I'd be stupid to do that."

Zack picked up each boot and pushed the blades back in, dusting his pants off. "I'm not a kicking kind of guy though. If it were a gun or somethin' then yeah I'd hold onto it, but I don't need a pair of boots. You want 'em?"

He looked over at Jamie, as though he were saying that she could have them too if she wanted. After all, these puppies were better than a pool noodle.
Edited by Ciel, Aug 16 2010, 12:15 AM.
V6

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ciel
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zach laughed. "Oh yeah definitely. I hate KFC. Let's go one step further. I could have chained myself to a tree, go on a hunger strike, burn down an abortion clinic. The list of things I could have done, it doesn't end man."

Zach was mad. He wasn't blaming her for anything, but he was mad. He was always mad about something and that never stopped him from acting like Zach Jamis. If he had just been told that his entire family were wiped out in some terrible plane crash Zach would feel very upset but he wouldn't show it. Just like now. He wasn't going to show his fear especially not to Samya.

He looked down at the weapon in Samya's hand, shinning the flashlight over it. Holy shit she was right. Who would have thought a girl like Sammy would get a damn gun? Zach didn't think Sammy was the type who would ever kill someone, especially with a gun. Life is full of little surprises Zach supposed. Surprises, like getting fucking kidnapped and told to pretty much kill everything in sight. Zach slumped.

"Jesus Sam, that thing looks ancient," Zach just stared at the gun. "Like the kind of shit a sheriff would be carrying around."

Zach kept the cigarette between his fingers as he picked up his boots. He looked down at them. They were pretty badass now that Zach thought about it. Kniveboots. Sweet. He looked back at Jamie then over to Sammy, just in case they were looking at him like he was a lying son of a bitch. Zach placed the boots back down on the floor and kicked his shoes off. Fuck it, he said as he put them on and tied them almost begrudgingly. They looked pretty cool. He pushed his sneakers back into his bag and zipped it up before turning back to Sam.

"I was talking about both, though I think one of those things is gonna be easier than the other." Zach pointed behind him with his thumb. "I wandered in here a few minutes ago. There's like a big friggin forest out there, that's where I woke up. So if you're down with it, let's just bail. Nothing to see here anyway." He turned to look at Jamie, shrugging his shoulders. "If you want to come, that's cool. If you don't, that's cool too. I don't care."

He gave a wave to Samya to come follow him. He picked up the flashlight and turned around the corner, looking back to see if Samya was following him. For some reason he didn't want to be alone, not yet.

(Continued in The Residential Area)
Edited by Ciel, Aug 16 2010, 12:11 AM.
V6

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Tunnels · Next Topic »
Locked Topic