Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dude, how come I feel like i'm not in Kansas anymore?; B10 Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 12:57 PM (4,671 Views)
Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Look Josh, I'm dead serious, Wanted sucked!"

"C'mon man! How? What other movie's can you name which has Angelina Jolie shooting shit up whilst driving a sweetass-looking car!"

"Yeah, but... Seriously? A LOOM? Thats how they choose who to kill? Not for money or anything, oh no... By listening to a machine that weaves cloth? Thats the silliest thing i've ever heard of!"

"Yeah, that... WAS kinda stupid... But at least you get to see Angelina Jolie partially naked, right?"

"Yeah, guess you're right..."

"Hehe, yeah...... Hey, uh, Marty? You with me man?"

"HELLOOO! Earth to Marty?"

"Marty?"

"Huh... Thats odd, Now i'm feelin' tried as well..."

"Guess I could rest my eyes for a LITTLE while..."

B10: Joshua Krakowski start

Personally, Joshua couldn't of wished for a better morning to wake up to. The sun was shining, the sky was empty of rain-clouds, and he could of almost sworn he could hear birds singing. Yup, from the looks of things today was going to be an ESPECIALLY awesome day...

Only... Joshua couldn't quite figure out why he was sleeping outside. Had he gotten drunk and slept in the garden? Its not like that'd be the first time that has happened... Still, for some reason his neck itched like hell. He couldn't quite figure out why... And as he reached over to scratch it, he suddenly fell flat on his face onto the dirt.

If that didn't wake him up, nothing would. The living anachronism quickly got up, dusting himself down as he took note of his surroundings. It didn't take long until he realised something was amiss.

For one, why was he sleeping on a bench? Surely even if he was drunk he'd look for somewhere more comfy to sleep?

Secondly, where the hell was he anyway? From the looks of things, he'd ended up on top of some mountain somewhere. He could tell from the fact that barely a few feet away from him lay this HUGE drop off the side of the side of the aforementioned mountain, which caused Joshua to stumble back over the bench towards safety.

Then... It all came back. The bus, the auditorium, the gunfire, the video clips... It all suddenly made sense.

... Oh crap. This isn't good...

That was the understatement of the century, and Joshua knew it. In all his wild imaginings, Joshua Krakowski never dreamed that he'd ever actually be in the last place he ever wanted to wake up in... Survival of the Fittest.

Despite this, all he did next was sit down on the bench and observe the view.

He didn't panic... Or get angry... or upset, or anything really. He just sat.

Not that he wasn't concerned about the fact that he was in the middle of the bloodiest games ever known. Far from it... Its just that he always had a knack for keeping his cool in even the most stressful of situations. At this as it turned out wouldn't be an exception.

Although truth be told, that was partially because it hadn't really hit Joshua yet just how serious his situation was.

"Well... Bummer..." He said, still trying to figure out what he should do next. One thing for sure, I DEFINITELY ain't playing along with this... Killing people ain't really my style, you know?

"Should I, like, check my weapon or something? I mean... Damn..."

He brushed back his hair, pausing for a few seconds before grabbing his bag and checking the contents. Sure enough, everything whatshisname had said was in here was there. Including his weapon, namely an odd looking metal-stick thingy which he quickly took out to examine.

"The heck is this? Some kinda metal baton thingy...... I like it!" He said, giving the weapon a couple of practice swings. It was fairly light, and from the looks of things fairly hard. Luckily, though, it didn't look as though it could actually be fatal. Well thats a relief... Wouldn't want accidentally kill anyone now...

... Now thats outta the way, what next? I should probably look for a way out of here... Its a big island, right? So naturally there ought to be a boat or something... Wait, oh yeah. The collars... Damn... Maybe theres a way to get 'em off?

As he sat there, stroking his chin as he thought up half-baked ideas for how he could escape or fight the system, a thought came up.

Holy crap, MARTY! Where is he?!? Oh man, theres no way he'll last a second out there alone! I've gotta do something... ANYTHING!

With that in mind, he stood up on the bench and started calling out Marty's name at the top of his lungs.

"YO! MAAARTY!"

It wasn't a bright idea in the slightest, anybody could tell you that. But that didn't stop Joshua in the slightest as he loudly announced his location for anyone who may have been within earshot.
V5 Characters

Brian Zhdanovich - Homestead
Ruby Forrester - Shopping Mall
Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hmm, This doesn't seem to be working as well as I thought it would. Come to think of it, from the looks of things this IS a pretty big island... Chances are, he's probably......

"Hi."

"HOLY CRA..."

Joshua leapt out of his skin in shock as he heard a strange voice greeting him from behind, catching him completely off-balance. So off-balance in fact, that as he turned around to see who it was he lost his footing and fell off the bench, landing with a heavy thud on his back.

Ow! Not again...

After a moment or so of just lying there, his head shot up to see who'd greeted him as he propped himself up to a prone position. He hoped dearly that it turned out to be someone he knew well like Marty or Daniel, or maybe even a cute girl he could talk to or something... But sadly it turned out to just be plain old Everett Taylor. Not anybody PARTICULARLY important then...

"Everett? Holy cow man, you scared the bejesus oughta me!"

He hastily scrambled to his feet, grabbing onto the bench for support. As he stood there looking at the guy who'd just given him the fright of his life, a thought occurred... Whilst he didn't know that much about Everett personally, after all maths happened to be Joshua's worst subject, what he did know was that the guy was completely harmless. Whenever he'd seen him around school, he always struck Joshua as being a fairly nice guy. A bit stuck up occasionally, yes, but for the most part a decent enough guy. And Joshua, being the optimistic ball of fluff that he is, didn't see any reason whatsoever for why he shouldn't trust him.

Now if only he could convince Everett that he too was trustworthy...

"Hey there, uh... The name's Joshua. Although, you might already know that... Not really too sure... Um..."

"Look, uh... I know that this whole situation seems kinda crazy, what with the collars and everything... And I know that neither of us really know each other a whole lot, but I just wanna assure you that you have NOTHING to worry about... This whole "Survival of the Fittest" thing seems WAY too messed up for me personally... I mean, DUDE! Killing each other to survive?!? What kinda sick bastard thought THAT would be fun? Sure, its kinda fun in videogames... Heck, actually, its a helluva lot of fun in videogames...

"But, uh, thats not really the point i'm trying to make... What i'm tryin' to say here is that as long as i'm around, you don't have to worry about a....."

BOOOM!!!

"...... JESUS CHRIST, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?"

The living anachronism was interrupted mid-speech by the sound of a small explosion from further down the mountain trail, the explosion in question being the same one which had recently taken the life of a certain Remi Pierce.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joshua was still in a state of shock when he noticed Everett heading off to investigate the noise ahead of him, prompting him to come along as he did so. He didn't really expect someone like Everett to be the kind of guy to rush off exploring the source of a recent explosion... Then again, when Joshua really thought about about it, he didn't actually know that much about him. Maybe the guy has hidden depths or something? Maybe deep beneath that overweight, nerdy exterior lies the heart of a true and brave hero... Nah, i'm just thinking about it too deeply...

... Wait, why the hell aren't I following him?

"Hey, wait up!"

He stumbled for a second as he quickly followed suit, trying his best to follow his new (potential)ally along the mountain trail without falling over and breaking his neck like an idiot. Damn! Who'd of thought it'd be so hard to keep up with a chubby guy like Everett!

It didn't take long until Everett had come across the source of the explosion, only to react to it by falling onto his knees and vomiting all over the ground. Joshua couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the sight, his first instinct being to make an attempt at calming the poor guy down.

"Woah, hey there man. Its okay... I'm sure it isn't that......"

Then he saw what Everett was crying about. Namely the headless corpse of Remi Pierce.

"... OH F---"

He covered his mouth and looked away almost immediately, sheer force of will alone being the only thing stopping him from vomiting on the spot himself. Never in his entire life had he ever witnessed anything truly as horrifying or disturbing as the sight that lay before him. Sure, he'd watched countless gory movies in the past. Wasted countless hours playing gory videogames. Hell, he even somehow stomached that infamous "Offended" page on Encyclopedia Dramatica once... But not even THAT, in all its gratuitousness could have prepared him for seeing the real thing. Jesus... So much for videogames and violent movies desensitizing the real deal...

He looked back at the body briefly, assuring himself that it really was someone's corpse and not just some trick of the light. He couldn't really blame Everett for his reaction... Hell, he was kinda surprised he didn't empty the contents of his stomach all over the floor himself.

Little to say, the sight was more than enough to remind Joshua just how dangerous the situation really was... At least partially.

Oh god... People really ARE dying out there, aren't they? This isn't some fucked-up hoax or anything, Mr Whatshisface really means business... Not good. Not good at all...

Another thing that the sight brought attention to was the problem with trying to remove the collars...

Poor bastard... So this is what happens to people who try to screw with the system, huh? They end up getting their head blown off...

Jesus... I'm gonna have to be more careful then. Removing this thing around my neck isn't going to be as easy as I thought it'd be...

Another loud sob from Everett quickly reminded him of his existence, and the fact that the longer they stick around this corpse the worse its going to get...

"Uh... I dunno about you, but I think it'll be best that we move somewhere a little less... Well, y'know, corpse-infested..."
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Everett? Hey, you in there? C'mon man, speak to me..."

This... Wasn't good. It wasn't as if he couldn't really blame Everett for freaking out at the sight of a headless corpse. Hell, he was surprised HE hadn't freaked by now... Maybe I already have? What if I, like, went SO batshit crazy from the very sight that dead guy that all of this is just one big crazy hallucination?!?

Ah well, might as well roll with it...

Joking aside, the fact still remained that it'd probably be best to get a move on... Joshua didn't know much about biology, but even HE knew that staying around a corpse was a definite no-no... There were nasty diseases you could catch, nauseous smells that could attract unwanted attention... And the plain simple fact that it wasn't exactly a pleasant thing to have lying around the place!

Now, if only he could convince Everett...

"Hate to break it to you man, but he ain't coming back up. Staring at him long enough ain't gonna work either, you know..."

No reply.

"Uh... Look, um... The longer we stay here, the worse it's gonna get y'know? We may as well get a move on while the gettings good, y'know what I'm saying?"

STILL no reply...

He considered the possibility of just leaving Everett there to mope in his own sorrows as he looked for a way off this island... Briefly. He quickly chucked the thought aside, shocked that such an idea could ever even occur to him. He couldn't leave Everett alone out here... Who knows what the hell could happen? Sure, they barely knew each other... Come to think of it, he couldn't remember ever actually talking to Everett before today... But damnit! Joshua wasn't about to leave the living person he'd come across to wallow in his own fear...

Okay then... Seems i'm gonna have to be more convincing then that...

With that in mind, he grabbed Everett's right's shoulder. Shaking him briefly in order to get the heavier boy's full attention on him...

"Everett, listen to me man! I know things are looking bad right now... I don't blame you for being scared an' all... Hell, even i'm scared! Scared shitless I tell ya... But we gotta move on! Face the facts, y'know?"

"And besides, think about it man! You really think anybody's actually gonna buy into this? Name me ONE guy you could honestly imagine actually playing along... I know I can't! Sure, the're plenty of assholes around here... Guys like Dustin Royale and Philip Ward... But could you imagine even a guy as much as a douche as Phil being sick enough to actually go around killing people?"

"I'm not sayin' we ain't got nothin' to worry about... That dead guy over there's proof enough that these guys mean business. But the only reason HE died was 'cause he was being an idiot and tried to remove his collar thingie! Not that some crazed madman came along and blew his head off or something..."

Well... Probably, anyway.

"I'm sure there must be a way to get these collars off WITHOUT blowing ourselves up... There are plenty of smart guys here who know a lot about electronics, right? Maybe one of THEM could figure out a way to get 'em off... And once we've gotten that out the way, we can concentrate on finding a way out of here!"

"You hear me Everett? We can do it man! We can FIGHT the system! Hit 'em where it hurts! Show them they can only force us to do two things around here... Jack, and SHIT!"

"So whaddya say, man... Are you with me?"

He offered Everett his hand, taking the opportunity to take a breather as he eagerly awaited the other boy's response...

... He just prayed that there would actually be one this time.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
"You... really think we can beat this?"

"Hell YEAH I do! No way we're gonna let whatshisname get the better of us!"

Things were finally beginning to look on the brightside for Joshua Krakowski at that moment. Sure he was in the middle of nowhere, stuck on some unnamed island with an explosive collar around his neck. And that he and Everett had just come across proof that they really were in actual danger here... It still wasn't enough to lower the tall boy's almost impossibly high spirits. He and Everett were going to get out of this crazy situation alive, no matter what the odds!

Which, he did admit, WERE kinda high in this case... He didn't mention it to Everett, but he knew fine well that getting out would be a lot harder then it sounds on paper. Even without the explosive collars there'd be stuff like patrol boats, helicopters, armed terrorists and the plain and simple fact that none of them had the slightest clue where they were. Chances are, they'd be lucky enough to figure out a way to get to civilisation let alone get these stupid collars off...

Then again, its not like its uncharted or anything... People used to live here, right? So surely that'd mean there would be people out there who know of this place... Whats to stop somebody from going "Hey, I recognise that place! I used to live there!" and alerting the authorities? Hell, this place probably had its own Wiki page and everything! Surely SOMEBODY will eventually...

... Hey wait a sec, wheres my metal stick thingy? HOLY CRAP, I must have left it back way up the mountain with the rest of my stuff! Must of forgotten about it when Everett showed up, Duh!

"Now, uh, first things first: We ought to get away from Sir Stinksalot over there. I propose heading back to where we met personally. Got a good view of the island and everything from up there..."
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
"So, shall we begin our merry adventure?"

"No time like the present!"

And on that note, Joshua began to make his way back up the mountain pathway, motioning Everett to follow along. Getting up the mountain was surprisingly more hard work then it was getting down... Well, Joshua was surprised anyway. Being the kind of guy whose never gone on a proper hike before meant that he was more than a little unprepared for the tiring task ahead of him.

Nevertheless, he trudged on wearily with the same hope and determination as before. He had to stand tall for Everett, make sure the poor guy didn't break down like he did earlier... And he can't really do that if he showed just how tired he was getting.

"Man... Who'd of thought it'd take longer to get up... Then it'd be to... Get down..." he puffed as he made sure to help out Everett whenever he had trouble catching up. After all, if Joshua was having such a hard time getting up the mountain then it didn't really take a genius to figure out that Everett would have an even HARDER time doing so.

Eventually, the familiar sight of the wooden bench came into view once more. And sure enough, right there next to it lay Joshua's forgotten and THANKFULLY untouched duffle bag. Whilst Joshua was too optimistic to believe anyone would be sick enough to play along, he'd carelessly lost enough I-Pods and wallets to thieves to believe that there'd be more then a couple of guys willing to steal stuff to survive here.

He hurried over to his bag, briefly tripping over himself as he did so. And as luck would have it, laying barely a few feet or so away from it was the small metal stick thingey Joshua had received as his weapon. He picked it up, kissing it and cradling it in his arms as if it were his own child. It didn't occur to him that this may have looked somewhat odd in front of Everett until he looked over at the overweight boy's reaction. After doing so he immediately straightened out and cleared his throat.

"Man... For a second there I thought i'd end up forgetting this. No idea what it is though... Some kinda metal katana-stick thingey or something? I dunno... Don't suppose you have any idea what it is do you? Not that it really matters or anythin'. Doubt theres much you can do with it other then hitting stuff. Not that i'm complaining..."

It was at that point that Joshua realized that, whilst he had a general goal in mind to achieve (Namely getting the hell off this crazy island) he'd yet to come up with any decent ideas on how to actually do so. Or even what they should be doing next. He said earlier himself that they should look out from their vantage point, but the question on his mind was WHERE exactly? I suppose I could always ask Everett...

"Anyway, uh... Sooo... What now? Got any ideas?"

Where the hell's Spider-Man when you REALLY need him? Sure he ain't real and everything, but that's hardly an excuse to lay down on the job!
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fiori
Member Avatar
The Fiorious One
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I don't know, maybe down there? We could find some people or something. Get some supplies, for when we find our crew."

"Sounds like a plan! Bet theres plenty of people out there who're dying to find a way outghta here... Wait, that doesn't sound right... Whatever, I know a couple of people who we can rely on in times of crisis like this. Daniel Vaughan for one! Guy's got a black belt in karate or something... Only problem is, he ain't exactly the brightest bulb on the porch, if you know what I'm sayin'?"

As he blethered on to Everett, blissfully unaware of the fact that the overweight student had already began to make his way down the mountain, his attention drifted off as he took one last look over the vast sight before him. He didn't notice before just how much of a vast sight it was to behold. He could see all across the island from up here... From the fair ground all the way up to the lighthouse near the coast. So big... So very, very big... And Marty was out there somewhere, lost and alone.

How was he holding up right now? Probably scared shitless by now... He wouldn't be playing, Joshua was 100% sure about that. Hell, he doubted anyone would actually play. So sure in fact that he almost threw away his weapon there and then... And yet, for some reason, he just couldn't bring himself to do it. No idea why... Perhaps deep down, he really WAS worried about other people playing... Joshua just shifted those thoughts aside for now as he tucked the metal stick thingey into his pants.

Man, you know what'd be awesome? If Deadpool was here... That'd just kick ASS! He'd be all like "Pow Pow Pow!" and Danya would be all like "AARGHBLGH HELP MEEE!" and Deadpool would be all like "Shut up! You can't hear me shooting you! POW POW!" and then Danya would be like "AAARGHUG You got me!" and then Deadpool would be all like "Hah! Now to break the 4th wall a couple of times!". Hehe, man. I wish I could break the 4th wall. Shame this is all real and stuff... OR IS IT?!?

What? Oh yeah, right...

"Aanyway, I think we ought to start making tracks... You with m..."

At that point he realised that Everett wasn't actually standing there anymore. It took him a while to notice, but eventually he caught sight of him a couple of yards down the mountain path. Woah, gotta admit. He's got initiative, thats for sure...

"YO! Everett-man, wait up!" he called out as he struggled to catch up, tripping over the bench for the third time as he rushed on over.

Don't worry Marty... Help's on the way, you'll see......

((Joshua Krakowski continued in Mad World))
Edited by Fiori, Sep 6 2010, 02:36 PM.
V5 Characters

Jenna Rhodes - Hotel

Deceased V4 Characters
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Locked Topic