Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dude, how come I feel like i'm not in Kansas anymore?; B10 Start
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 12:57 PM (4,584 Views)
JoystickHero
Member Avatar
<3
[ *  * ]
"Aw, windows are stuck!" Al pulled at the rim of the bus' window with both hands, putting all of his weight into trying to get it open. "Hnnnnnnnn-gwah!" The boy (no one who'd met Albert Lions would ever call him a 'man') slipped, as his grip suddenly faltered, and he spilled out of his seat into the gap between. "Aw... I wanted to..." All the strength was suddenly draining from him. He felt like he was made of noodles. "Stick my... head out the..."

~~~

Voices....

Gunshots...

Blood...

Murder...

Drowsiness...

A dream...

It has to be...

Just a bad dream...

~~~

B-151 - Albert Lions - Start

Just a... a bad dream... Turbulent thoughts, memories, nightmares, all swam in Albert's head as he began to regain consciousness. The process, which normally would have taken a couple minutes, was hastened by the sound of an explosion from some distance away. "Window!" Albert shot awake, sitting up and looking around. What he was greeted with took his breath away. Blue skies, clean air, a beautiful mountain view, like nothing he'd ever seen before. "Woah. This is pretty awesome!" Rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand, the boy took another look at his surroundings, as he pulled himself to his feet. How did I - Hey look, it's Dougal - get here, though? A moment of thought.

Bad thoughts. Bad. Ones that made Al feel sick. He shook them out of his head. A nightmare. Shouldn't have watched that movie the night before. Not that he managed to get through much of it before he had to change the channel. "Oh, right, I remember! I fell asleep on the bus! Which means... this must be the camp!" Proud of himself for puzzling out the problem, he tried not to think too hard about the other possibility. After all, it was just a nightmare. That never really happened. It's just a show.

"Must've dragged me out here as a joke." Albert's mind reassured him, as the boy walked over to where Dougal was lying nearby. "Hey, Doug, wake up, we're at the camp!" He leaned down, shaking his friend, refusing to leave unti- ooh, what was that over there? Momentarily forgetting his buddy, Al spotted something bright yellow against the green and brown of the surroundings. He scampered (there was no other word for it) over to where the item was, and pulled it up. "A raft! ...huh, looks like it's broken. But why just throw it out?" Al shrugged, and rolled up his new possession, carrying it with him over to where Dougal was hopefully starting to wake up. "Doug! We're here and I found a raft! Do you think anyone will mind if I keep it?"
Homo homini lupus.
V4
B152 - Keith Christoph - Deceased - Nevada Marriage Forms - "God is dead."
B151 - Albert Lions - Deceased - TOZ-194 (14 Shells) - "Window!" (Stark took over for Al. And he was fantastic. For srs.)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Quote:

<Fiori> No, you can't quote me.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoystickHero
Member Avatar
<3
[ *  * ]
Albert skipped, in a situation like this, quite literally skipped over to where his friend was standing, cheerfully carrying his new broken raft along with him. He was only a few feet away from Dougal when he fell to his knees. The motions made the light catch two things that Al noticed: the metal collar around his neck, and the streams of tears on his cheeks. Al's conscious mind slowly began to accept that maybe the dream WASN'T a dream, that maybe... maybe he HAD seen his teachers killed just a few yards away, and maybe he WAS about to watch his friends die around him until he too finally met his end. He finally began to accept the levity of the situation. Or he would have, if his subconscious hadn't had anything to say about the matter.

Albert Lions had spent his entire life completely failing to take anything seriously. Tests, injuries, risks of life and limb, nothing the boy had ever encountered had made him give anything more than a moment's thought. And he wasn't about to start now. Al did not panic. Al did not cry, or scream, or even frown. His mind would not let him. So what if we're in some stupid Survival thing? It's just reality TV. ...wonder when the producer will come on and ask one of us to 'lose' for the sake of ratings... His superego satisfied with the current state of things, and his id pleasantly placated, Al returned his attention to the going-ons around him. And, down in front of him, was something the boy's mind WOULD let him process.

"Dougal...?" Al crouched beside where his close friend, maybe his best friend, was doing something he'd never seen him do before. "D-don't cry, Dougal." He struggled to think of some way to cheer him up. "I... um... Oh! Did you hear the one about the.. uh... dog who tried to get a job...?" How did it go again? "Let's see... there's a dog, and he works for an office. No, wait, he WANTS to work for an office, and he's bilingual. He speaks Cat! Wait, that's the punchline..."
Homo homini lupus.
V4
B151 - Albert Lions - Deceased - TOZ-194 (14 Shells) - "Window!" (Stark took over for Al. And he was fantastic. For srs.)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Quote:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoystickHero
Member Avatar
<3
[ *  * ]
Albert had known Dougal for a while now, and the boy liked to consider him one of his closest friends. They got along well enough, and Dougal's down-to-earth mentality balanced out his own... youth. So, he felt fairly confident in saying that this was not like Dougal, not as Al knew him, at least. He fe-

And without even thinking about it, Dougal clenched his fist and threw a punch, aiming right at Albert's face.

Al didn't even realize it was coming until it hit him, slamming into his jaw, and knocking him back onto the ground. Now, Albert Lions was no stranger to pain, his recklessness got him injured more times than his parents cared to count, but this was different. He hadn't fallen off a roof, or walked into a door, he'd been punched. By Augustus MacDougal.

For perhaps the first time in his life, Al stopped talking. Slowly, he sat up, one hand cupped over the forming bruise, and looked at Dougal, his eyes filled with pain, and confusion... and fear. "I-I..."
Homo homini lupus.
V4
Posted ImagePosted Image
Quote:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoystickHero
Member Avatar
<3
[ *  * ]
To its credit, Al's subconscious mind had been doing an admirable job of keeping him in the dark up until that point. But, between the punch and the apology-lecture, there was little that could be done to shield Albert from the truth, and the cliche 'This is actually happening!' realization hit him. The response was... surprisingly minor. The boy's features softened, and he shook his head, taking Dougal's hand and pulling himself back to his feet.

"No worries." He smiled, brushing himself off, and blowing a lock of blue-and-blonde hair out of his face. "I'm sure we'll figure something out." Alright, so maybe he didn't need his subconscious' help to ignore the levity of the situation. "Oh, you got skis? Man, I wish there was some snow around here. But wait, then it'd get cold..." Shrugging, Al walked over to the other numbered bag, which he assumed was his, since it was sitting next to the one he packed for the trip. "Wonder what I got?"

Albert unzipped the bag labeled B151, and was greeted by what someone else might recognize as a Soviet 12-Gauge, Pump-Action TOZ-194. All he saw was a shiny black and silver shotgun. "Woah! Dougal, look at this!" Pulling the weapon (which was significantly too big for Al to wield comfortably) out of the bag, he grinned, hefting it in front of him, and doing his best Ahnold impression, before descending into a fit of giggles. "Ah'll be bahk!"
Edited by JoystickHero, Aug 15 2010, 04:22 PM.
Homo homini lupus.
V4
Posted ImagePosted Image
Quote:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoystickHero
Member Avatar
<3
[ *  * ]
After what seemed like an eternity, Al finally calmed down, and looked down at his weapon, then back at Dougal. There was a momentary pause of confusion. 'The shooti- oh... right...' Ignoring the thoughts that tried to bubble up, the boy smiled again, and lightly tossed the TOZ to his friend, before fishing through the bag. "Think I found it!" Al called over his shoulder, holding up a piece of paper and a cardboard box of fourteen shells up triumphantly. He stood, and grabbed the bag, (having forgotten his own one at home) and walked back over to where Dougal was standing.

His grin was, for the moment, diminished as he listened to his friend offer up suggestions. Survive, rescue? "...you're really taking this seriously, aren't you?" Al questioned, perhaps a bit more insensitively than he intended. But, he didn't really have any better ideas, and he usually relied on Dougal to come up with the plans anyways. So, after a moment of thought, the boy gave a nod of determination, and hefted the numbered bag (bright yellow raft now sticking out of the open top) over his shoulder. "Sure, lead on!"
Homo homini lupus.
V4
Posted ImagePosted Image
Quote:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Mountain · Next Topic »
Locked Topic