Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
False Awakening; because psyche terms are kind of scientific
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 12:51 PM (4,269 Views)
Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((B139 - Orn "Dutchy" Ayers Start))

Dutchy had quite possibly, the worst headache he'd ever had in his entire life. He clamped his eyes shut, and mumbled to himself. Noises.. noises were distant. He was at home, another bright day in St. Paul... why was it so bright?

Mom.... No, 5 more minutes... Come'on, the bus will wait for me... jus' give me five more minutes...

Dutchy yawned and rolled over, reaching up trying to pull his blanket back over his head.

I just want 5 more minutes... turn off the hairdryer Mom... Mom, take it away, it's bugging me... it sounds just... 5 more minutes, look, I can run, no biggie... I'm just... so tired for some reason... So itchy, why's my face so itc..

That's... that's not a... dry...

Dutchy opened his eyes.

"Oh no... Oh no, no no..." Dutchy breathed as he struggled to sit up. Sand stuck to the side of his face, and his long blonde hair was tangled. The breeze was cool, and it made Dutchy shiver. He blinked rapidly, trying to think.

What... the camping trip... There are no beaches in the forest... That's just silly, why'd I fall asleep on the beach? Am I dreaming? Is this like, the X-Men's danger room, and it's really just a projection of... am I being punk'd? Wasn't that show cancelled? Maybe Hayley got some of her friends and dumped me here an' are taping my reac..

Dutchy paused midthought and a high pitched squeel escaped his mouth.

"My hat! Where's my hat!?" He yelled out as he reached about him. "What's going on!?! g veit ekki! g veit ekki!"

Dutchy spun around in the sand and breathed a sigh of relief. His hat lay with a strange bag a few feet away from him.

Where's MY bag? My bag is blue and has Ajax on the fro... what the heck?!

Dutchy's mouth opened, and he let out a gasp of shock.

Is that a Harpoon!? Holy crap it's a harpoon! I've got a Harpoon!

Dutchy grinned and jumped forward, scooping up his hat and the harpoon, ignoring the strange bag titled B139 for now. He let out a triumphent laugh and put his prized orange KNVB hat on his head and waving the harpoon around.

"Yarr! The white whale! White whale! Thar she blows n' junk! Cap'n Ishmal! Guy with the peg leg, go shoot yer' flintlock!" He shouted at the roaring surf.

Is this a dream? What a trippy dream! Why am I on a beach?

Dutchy looked about, the beach wasn't particularly long but down near the end... yes! There looked to be someone there. Sticking the Harpoon in the sand, Dutchy turned around and retrieved the strange bag.

"B139? That's o..." Dutchy paused for a second, hunched over looking down at the bag. Something was niggling at the edge of his mind, just out of grasp... a memory, not too long ago.. A class, something hot and wet on his face, tears... a collar? Dutchy reached up towards his neck and sure enough, a thing metal object was around it, like a choker.

That's... kinda creepy... Why does it seem so creepy? Did I forget something?

Dutchy suddenly felt very, very afraid. He wanted, no, needed someone to talk to. Looking down the beach, he saw the figure appeared to be getting up. He heaved the bag over his shoulder, grabbed his Harpoon and took off down the beach.

"Hello!" He yelled out as he grew closer to the figure, female he could tell now, and... familiar. "g er tnd! I'm lost! Do you know what's going on? Hey!"
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Harpoons make terrible walking sticks...

As Dutchy approached the lone figure on the beach, he grew increasingly agitated with each stride. Something... something didn't feel right. Dutchy began to feel it was as if he'd forgotten something important, like he'd gone out to the beach and left the stove on. It was stuck in the corner of his mind... he'd glimpse the thought for a second, before it would rush away. It had begun to make him feel uneasy to put it lightly. He knew that whatever it was, whatever was going on, it was incredibly important. But he just couldn't seem to grasp it.

Dang it, this is getting annoying. Like when I get a techno song stuck in my head, but I don't know the words because there ARE no words, so I can't just type into Google, "It's the song that goes bloopy bloop blee bloop" because y'know, I'd get really weird resp... is... is that?

Dutchy squinted as he approached the figure. It couldn't be. Then the realization struck him. His face split into a wide smile and he began to jog over.

Holy crap, Sarah! What's she doing in my dream?

Dutchy shouted out a greeting as he bounded closer towards the girl.

This is getting odder by the second. Of all the people to wake up with on a beach, Sarah Xu-Xu? Looks like I'm lucky, if anyone knows what the heck is up, she will.

Sarah greeted Dutchy as he grew closer, slightly less cheerful then he'd expected. Dutchy frowned as he grew closer. There was something odd about Sarah, she'd gotten something on her shirt... The important thing, Dutchy kept thinking about the important thing, whatever it was. Why couldn't he remember? For a split second, Dutchy heard a loud popping noise in the back of his mind, a quick POP POP POP and his heart began to beat fast.

"Hey Sarah, fancy meeting you here! Whatsa' matter? You sound a little down..." Dutchy said, growing more nervous as he talked.

This isn't right. Something is definitely up. How'd I get on a beach? I'm forgetting something. Something really... really bad.

Dutchy's eyes shot wide open as he grew nearer to Sarah. The gears finally clicked in his mind and he dropped his harpoon in horror, his mouth fell open a gap. He clutched his arms close to his chest, his heart beat fast.

"Holy crap, SARAH! YOU. Y-you, you're, blood! You've got red on you! All over you! An... an... that choker thing I have!" He yelled in horror.

For the first time up close, Dutchy saw that the collar wasn't just an accessory of some kind. It seemed incredibly high-tech, like something out of his comic books. A red light on it blinked steadily, every few seconds. Dutchy slipped backwards, he could feel his face draining of color.

What's so important!? What do I keep...W-why, blood!?! Crap, she's hurt, who'd hurt Sarah!?

Before he could so much as speak another word however, a friendly voice yelled down at the pair. Dutchy jerked his head upwards to see another boy from his school, Jason Clarke, heading towards them on the beach.

"Welc...to Surviva..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH"

A scream erupted from down the beach and Dutchy looked over, eyes wide with fright. He fell backwards onto the sandy ground. Someone was sitting down the beach... someone... someone... he knew?

ROLAND?

"Sarah..." Dutchy spoke slowly. "Sarah, guys. GUYS. What's going on exactly...?"

This had better be a dream. This had BETTER BE A DREAM.
Edited by Little Boy, Aug 9 2010, 07:48 PM.
V5
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

Offline Profile Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As Sarah wrapped her arms around Dutchy's back, he could feel his heart pound faster. Something was up. Something he didn't quite grasp. His memories felt murky, and he was growing more paranoid by the second. It was bugging the crap out of him, but he was beginning to think it would be better to not know the truth.

Did we crash on the beach? But we were in cars! Cars can't swim! This is wrong, this isn't a 'Glad to see you!' hug, it's a 'Dutchy, a bus full of orphans just died' hug...

"Dutchy... I'm s-sorry" Sarah began, but then Jason launched into his explanation. Dutchy could feel his blood freeze in his veins. The world skidded to a halt.

"Welcome to Survival of the Fittest."

The Video. The screaming. The gunfire and splashing blood. He didn't need the full explanation. He knew as well as anyone what Survival of the Fittest was, what it meant.

A tiny barely audibly whimper escaped his mouth. He was vaguely aware that Jason was still talking, but he was in his own little world.

This is it. This is... this is my reality. My life is over. I'm 18, and my life is over. Sarah is here, Sarah is going to get hurt. Roland is going to get hurt. Everyone. Jason, Clio, Brendan, Hayley, Rashid, Harun, Vera, Madelyn, Alan... Someone I know is going to hurt my friends, hurt ME. And if we don't fight, if we don't hurt them then...

The collar seemed to tighten around Dutchy's neck. He realized he'd been holding his breath and gasped for air awkwardly. Jason was still talking, the world was blurring together.

I never got to see Iceland.

Suddenly, Dutchy was vaguely aware that Sarah had let go of him and had stormed off to get her bags. Dutchy wobbled on his feet, but remained standing. He glanced over at her, he felt his eyes getting wet. He blinked back tears. He couldn't cry. He couldn't.

Sarah is gonna' get hurt. Sarah, who was always nice to me, who only wanted to help people. Someone is going to hurt her, and I'm going to have to w-wat...

"C'mon Dutchy." Sarah said, giving Jason a curt smile. Dutchy snapped back to reality, and watched as Sarah headed off down the beach towards Roland. Dutchy closed his mouth. His head was spinning. He turned back to Jason.

"Sorry... I... I don't feel so well all the sudden. Excuse me, V-Vi-Vi sjumst, Sj-Sjumst sar..." He mumbled before grabbing his bag and harpoon, and stumbling after Sarah.

This isn't happening, Jason is just mistaken is all. This is Bayview. No one hurts each other at Bayview. We just got lost, and maybe... maybe I took a nap on the beach, and forgot what was happening. He's just confused, that's impossible...
Edited by Little Boy, Aug 11 2010, 12:27 PM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As Dutchy stumbled his way over towards Sarah and Roland, he could feel the world he knew, the world he was comfortable with, slipping away. His head began to pound agonizingly as he mentally sorted through the possibilities of what could befall his friends, AND him. Sarah and Roland were talking, he didn't know what about. He stumbled and nearly fell on his way over, he could feel fresh tears beginning to stain his face. The wind whipped his blond hair about, but he couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Jason just... gotta' be mistaken. But if he's wrong, why- why the collars? No, no I can't think like that. But thinking isn't gonna help get your friends out of here! Oh God, Dutchy what're you gonna do? You're never gonna' see Iceland, what're you gonna do!?

"SARAH! DUTCHY!"

I know that voice...

Dutchy slowly raised his head, just in time to see a tall brown haired boy embrace Sarah joyfully. He stared at them, the tears ceasing. It seemed to take him forever to click the pieces together, and when he finally did the words seemed caught in his throat.

I... I know... Brendan.

"Bre.."

That was all he could get out before Brendan had run over and embraced him. The memories flooded his mind as the other boy held him. Brendan at the Activist Meetings, that easy going smile. Brendan at the mall, eating ice cream and laughing. Brendan pushing away when he went for a hug, the girls in the hallway trying hard to contain their laughter. Brendan walking past him, pretending he didn't exist. No more smiles for Dutchy...

"Oh God, I thought I'd never see you guys again."

Brendan coming back. Brendan smiling again. Brendan and Dutchy, friends forever, laughing about the whole thing. Somehow, Dutchy managed to laugh despite the circumstances.

Brendan came back. Brendan is here. It's gonna be okay. It isn't over, we'll be fine. I'm going to see Iceland. No matter what, we're all going to see Iceland...

"g elska ig Brendan. g elska ig buddy." He whispered. Brendan finally realized him and Dutchy shuffled over a few paces to Roland. He smiled at him, somewhat sadly.

Poor Roland. He doesn't deserve to be here. Not Roland, not anyone...

"Gan daginn Roland. Langt san vi hfum sst." He said, speaking softly, barely audible over the waves.

There was talking behind him and Dutchy turned, just in time to see Jason pointing something at Brendan, something... a gun? Dutchy's eyes went wide momentarily and his heart pounded in his chest. He screamed inwardly at himself and nearly jumped forward, before he realized that he was handing it the other way, the way you didn't shoot things with. He breathed a sudden sigh of relief and smiled.

Man, I'm REALLY gun-challenged...

Looking back down to Roland and Sarah, he saw the pair had a map out, Sarah busy with a compass trying to figure out their location.

Brendan, Roland and Sarah... all of them, together, moments after I woke up... This is an omen. This is fate, sayin' it's going to be just fine...

"So, I guess this means we're the good guys, yeah?" He said to the group.
Edited by Little Boy, Aug 13 2010, 12:14 AM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dutchy for all intents and purposes, given the grim scenario he was facing, was beginning to feel better again. Tears began to trickle down his cheeks, but he was quick to wipe them away. He stared off at the ocean, listening to the peaceful surf wash in and out. Brendan and Jason stood a few feet away, and the tension seemed to be dissipating.

Dutchy grinned in joy as Brendan opened the gun to show that the chambers (At least that's what he was pretty certain they were called..) were actually empty. He nearly clapped in delight. Things were going good. Things here, for all intents and purposes were going good, and he knew it would only continue.

Hehe, Dutchy you reaaaaaaally shoulda' seen that coming. I mean, this is Brendan! Could you actually picture Brendan walking around with a loaded gun? Pfhehaha! This is, this is going to be fine. We can beat this. We can do this! Sarah is here, and she was always a perfect leader. Roland is big an' tough, and he can be all like "DE JONG KICK!" or "ZIDANE HEADBUTT!" to anyone who gets in between us an' Danya. Brendan'll keep us all in line, and Jason is... Well, he's probably funny, and he has good hair! And I can be the cheerleader guy! An' we'll- we'll get these.. these things.. off our necks. Yeah, we'll- we'll get them off. An' we'll march right into Danya's office, and Roland will hold him down and I'll be like,

"Danya the time has come! You're going to JAIL!"

Then he'll go to jail, we'll get some ice cream, and everyone will go to ingvellir or, or the Geysir! Or both! An' we'll get Vera too, and we'll find Rashid an' Harun an' Maddy...

Dutchy glanced over at his bag and frowned. There was that pesky harpoon, laying on the ground next to his bag.

What am I going to do with a Harpoon? There are no whales around here... Not that I even like hurting whales. I wonder if Sarah has ever seen a whale before? That's odd. They're nice. I remember when we went Whale Watching in in, that city- Vancover! Around that place! That was so cool! Whales! What the heck am I going to do with a Harpoon?

Dutchy hefted up the object and looked at it confused before the answer dawned on him. Turning towards Roland, he plopped down on the beach next to him smiling.

"Afsaki! Fyrirgefu! Sorry to butt in Rolly, but well," He handed his spear over, laying it next to the larger boy. He grinned wide at him. "I don't think I'd be much of a use with this. So you can take this! Because then if we run into anyone you can..."

Dutchy paused for a second, his mind grinding to a halt. He began to realize what he was subconsciously implying, and he tripped over his words trying to correct himself.

"You can wave it at them, and then they'll get scared an' run!" Dutchy nodded. "Yes, that's what you'll do. Because y'know, we can't hurt anyone. Everyone is... everyone here is probably just as confused as us. This may be SotF, but I can't think of anyone who'd actually, who'd y'know just go ALONG with it. I can see it now. We just need this to like, show people that we're- yeah, you know what I mean. You- you keep this Roland..."

He looked the boy in the eye, suddenly nervous.

Maybe, this isn't a good idea... I.. I wouldn't really hurt anyone with this, and maybe Roland.. no, no, this is Roland! He's not gonna hurt anyone. He knows we can't actually hurt anyone. This is just for, show. He knows that. He.. but.., no, he'd be better with it then me.. He knows how to use it... but, we can't use it. So, so what're... What am I trying to say? I'm not suggesting we, no no I'm not suggesting that! No, I didn't even think that!

"Look uhm, Roland, you know we can't actually HURT anyone with this. You- you get that. Yes... Just... Just, this is just for assurance an' stuff.. I- I know I can trust you not to, to actually hurt someone... Because, because y'know, it's not like the Comics', it's... y'know, I know I can trust you righ-"

BANG.

The shot caused Dutchy to shout out in panic, the colour once more draining from his face. He leaped up and skittered a few paces away from the group, holding his hands over his thumping chest.

"What, what was! Brendan was...!?" He looked over towards his friends.

No no, that gun is empty. No one is hurt. But a gun, I heard a gun! Someone is hurting people!

Dutchy looked around wild eyed at them, the panic growing.

A gun! Someone fired a gun! That's what it was! A popping, just like.. the room... Mrs. Bishop, just like that! Just like that! A gun!

Sarah started running down the beach. At first, Dutchy thought she had the same reaction as him, to bolt at the noise. And frankly, Dutchy felt disappointment bubbling up inside him. Disappointment and fear.

I'm not the leader, I'm allowed to be scared! She can't be scared! If Sarah is scared, we're, we're all gonna get scared! Where is she going?! Is she leaving me!? Is she going to leave me!? No, no! We're friends she wouldn't run an' just leave me, she- she- we're, we're half here, she can't just run we need to find the others, we need help, we need to get OUT OF HERE!

Dutchy nearly screamed in terror, before he spotted the figures farther down the beach. It was too far to see clearly but... His heart caught in his chest as the realization struck him.

Someone got hurt! Someone is- that's where it's from, that person is hurt! I- I'm- Sarah! She's going to help them! I need to- I can't just watch and...

A look of determination crossed the boys' face. Dutchy ran over towards his bags and tore open the Duffel Bag marked B139. He began to toss the contents out upon the sand with reckless abandon, not stopping to consider what he was throwing around. Finally however he located it. A med kit.

Time to be the good guys' Dutchy!

Looking at the others standing on the beach, he shouted and gestured. "Guys, come'on we gotta- gotta, c'mon!" With that he turned and began to run.

Grabbing the case, Dutchy took off at a breakneck pace down the beach after Sarah. His legs burned, and he could barely keep his footing but he never once looked back. He knew what he had to do.

I gotta help Sarah, we gotta, gotta- gotta run! Gotta' help! Please, don't be dead, please don't be hurt!

(Orn "Dutchy" Ayers continued in D-Day))

V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Locked Topic