Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
False Awakening; because psyche terms are kind of scientific
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 12:51 PM (4,382 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"And the winner of Survivor: India is ... Jason!"

Jason Clarke screamed in joy as his name was called out as the sole Survivor. The British Bombshell had come out on top. Tears of happiness started to escape his eyes as he hugged the runner-up - a comely model for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. As they ran off the stage, they locked the door as they reached a bathroom, and as they reached a stall, their lips touched, and Jason tasted ... dirt.

Jason opened his eyes as he came to from his dream. He turned onto his left side, looking dumbly at the shore as the night started to re-enter his head: waking up tied to the chair, seeing that video of that girl get murdered, and being told he was to kill his classmates. His hand reflexively went to his neck, feeling the thin metal band around his neck.

"Shit." He sat up, looking around. On his left side was the bag he had packed for the trip. On he right was a regulation duffel bag with the words "MALE STUDENT #16 - JASON CLARKE" embroidered on it. He immediately unzipped the regulation bag, feeling around through the food, water, the map, and the handle.

Did they give me something good? He had fully realized his predicament, that he was essentially on Survivor-to-the death. He was just hoping he would be able to defend himself with his ...

Paper fan. He unfurled it, looking at it dumbly again.

Of all the things they could have given me, they gave me this? What am I supposed to do with it, give someone hypothermia with this?

He stood up, zipping his bag back up and slinging it around his shoulder, and opening up his backpack, feeling around for the metal, and ...

Yes.

He pulled out the one small comfort he had. One of a 12-pack of Keystone Light beer that he had brought along for the football team. He opened the can and took a swig. He knew he couldn't drink the entire thing: playing drunk was a bad idea, but it would be a good idea to offer up as an olive branch. He looked around, noticing the guy approaching the girl ahead of him. As he zipped up his bag and scratched his hairy back, one thought went through his head.

I have to get out of here. However, he took a deep breath, walked carefully towards them, hands up, beer in his right, fan in his left. and called out:

"OI! Are you two okay?"
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jason saw the two figures look towards him as he walked towards them. The girl he recognized straight away. Sarah Xu. Always involved in that political activism. Jason had always thought that activity a little daft, but hey, she wasn't throwing Molotovs at anybody, so he was okay with it. The blond guy, he'd seen around, but couldn't quite place him. As Jason got closer to the two, he noticed that Sarah's clothes were splattered with blood, although physically, she seemed fine.

Mrs. Bishop. She'd tried to escape and gotten blown away. Sarah must have been close. He looked over at the blond guy, whom he was starting to recognize. Dutchy, everyone called him. The Scandinavian guy whose nose was always bandaged. He was about to open his mouth when he heard a guy screaming.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

He turned towards the voice for a second, shocked. Was someone scared? Hurt? Or just pissed off?

"Sarah ... Sarah, guys. GUYS. What's going on exactly...?" Dutchy asked, still dumbfounded.

Jason had figured out the situation pretty quickly (he had realized everything within about, what? Three minutes tops?). He hated it, but he couldn't deny it. He lowered his hands and took a deep breath.

"Dutchy ... I guess you're still sorting everything out. I know I'm still wondering a little. But given the collars and the blood and everything, the immediate situation is pretty clear. Bayview Secondary School is now on Survival of the Fittest. That asshole Danya is hoping we'll all kill each other rather than stay strong." He noted the spear beside Dutchy (he didn't know Dutchy had a harpoon, and he had merely guessed based on the positioning that the harpoon was Dutchy's anyway, but Jason was relatively close on the matter).

"Looks like you got a good draw." Jason held up his left hand, spreading out the fan. "Much better than this piece of crap." He motioned towards the direction of the scream with his right hand, still clutching the can of beer, the opening Jason had unconsciously covered up with his thumb.

"You think we should check it out? He might be in trouble."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jason only realized his (deadly?) mistake when Sarah stormed off.

"We'll go. C'mon Dutchy." She smiled briefly, and Jason noted for the first time how red her eyes were, and that she probably had been pretty down. Then Dutchy faced him, looking like he was trying all he could to stay standing.

"Sorry... I... I don't feel so well all the sudden. Excuse me, V-Vi-Viπ sjαumst, Sj-Sjαumst sνπar..." Jason didn't get the last part. He spoke Hindi pretty well, and he was okay at French, but he had never learned Scandinavian.

Oops. He winced at their reactions. Did I just make things worse? He opened his eyes to see a tall guy walking towards him. Jason was about to approach him when the tall guy yelled.

"SARAH! DUTCHY!" He ran past Jason, hugging Sarah right after dropping his bags and what seemed to be a revolver in the sand.

Stupid. That was just stupid. Jason was a relatively honest guy, but there were some people playing. Some would have picked up the gun and simply started shooting. Jason just walked over to see the three of them, along with a fourth guy, sitting up by a tennis racket, all the while sipping his beer.

So we have three useful items here. Jason shook his head. He was trying to figure everything out, but now was less the time for being a calculator. It was time to just be a guy. He looked at the dropped bags as he approached the group. All he could see was "ENDAN (Brendan?) WALLACE." He looked at the gun. It looked like it could do some damage, and Brendan didn't seem to be playing to win. Jason just walked over, knelt down, and made the move that would either solidify an alliance or end his short life: he knelt down, picked up the gun with his left hand, ensuring the gun was pointed down, pushed out the cylinder with his index and middle fingers so that it couldn't be fired, and held it out as he stood up, being careful to keep his fingers away from the trigger.

"Um, hello, Brendan, is it? Not to be intrusive or rude or anything, but you dropped this. I'm a pretty honest fellow, but there might be others willing to take advantage of a loose weapon."
Edited by decoy73, Aug 11 2010, 05:51 PM.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Jason saw the looks from a couple of them ... they seemed surprised. Dutchy even seemed scared for a second. Brendan just took the gun and chuckled.

Yes, there are those people...Jason isn't it? Yes, there are people like that, I know, but..." he spun the cylinders.
"Ain't much they can do without ammo, huh?"

He hadn't loaded the gun? Jason didn't know whether Brendan had been careless or whether it had been deliberate but ...

Better load it, Brendan. he thought to himself. No telling who's going to come along.

He looked around. Sarah and Roland were looking at a map, trying to decide where to go. (Although to him, it didn't matter: currently, the entire island was accessible, and there was equal chance of players and allies) His mid started to wander, thinking about what was going to happen to him, when ...

BANG

Jason's mind snapped back to reality when he heard the shot.

"What the hell was that?" he exclaimed. Of course, there wasn't much room for interpretation. It was a gunshot. Someone was playing. Someone needed help. As he opened his mouth, Sarah ran off, leaving the shield she had been issued. Who was that? Who got shot? Was it one of his friends?

"We have to get over there!" Jason shouted as he picked up Sarah's shield. "We have to help!" The funny thing was, Jason couldn't get himself to move. Simply put, Jason cared too much to just stand there, but he was too scared to actually go anywhere without someone else. What if the shooter's still there?

((Jason Clarke continued in D-Day - GMing of Jason by Solitair in upcoming post approved))
Edited by decoy73, Aug 16 2010, 02:24 PM.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Locked Topic