Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The One Who Got Us Out...; *Private Thread*
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:52 AM (1,584 Views)
Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
G044 Start

Jen woke up with a massive hangover. She rolled over, her eyes shut, reaching out to see if she could hit her alarm and stop it from buzzing. As her arms flailed, she reached two conclusions simultaneously. One, that the buzzing was in her head, and two, that she was not in her bed.

Admittedly, neither of these experiences were at all new to her at all. What was, was that she wasn't expecting to be outside. She tried to think back to where she was supposed to be, and what had happened to her last night. She was on the bus for the Senior trip...

She bolted upright, eyes shooting open, and screamed to the high heavens. "FUUUUUCK". Survival of the Fittest. Kill or be killed. She'd seen the clips, never quite believed it to be real. Honestly, it had barely registered on her radar. As tears began to flow, she wished to Christ with all her might that it was a dream. That she would wake up and her mother would be standing there, telling her that she would miss the trip if she didn't go now.

After five minutes, she was exhausted. She had run through a number of scenarios in her head, and in every one she was killed by a classmate, in surprisingly brutal ways. And as tired as she was, as scared and upset she was, she felt another emotion beginning to stir inside her. Anger. But it wasn't directed outwards, but at herself. How dare she act like this? She was in a life and death situation, and she was crying? If her father ever found out, he would never forgive her for such a display of weakness. She wiped her eyes, and began to properly assess the situation.

She was in a lightly wooded area, with a large building dominating the view ahead of her. Good, that gave her a place to head to. Hopefully, most people would head towards large structures, and she would function better amongst people than she would on her own.

Next, take stock of what she had. Her own rucksack was gone, replaced by something in tan that did not go with her outfit at all. Oh well, that seemed inconsequential under the circumstances. She opened it, and looked inside. Thankfully, most of her own stuff seemed to be there; clothes, toiletries. Her phone was gone, as was much of her more expensive makeup. Whoever had been going through her bag and transferring over the contents had a good eye. At least they'd left her some basics, foundation, lipstick. She noticed a few candy bars as well. And, amazingly, a bottle of vodka that she'd secreted in her towels was similarly left unmolested.

The new equipment seemed basic. First Aid, water bottle. There was a book. She'd look at that later, when she had time. It couldn't be anything important. Stuffed in at the bottom was an expanse of white cloth. She didn't know quite what it was supposed to be, but figured it as part of the first aid kit, for making bandages or some such.

Stuffing the contents back inside haphazardly, she set out towards the building. It wouldn't be far at all. Maybe a few minutes at most. As she moved, she heard somebody yelling. Was that...? It couldn't be. It was. It was Morgan. Jen broke into a run towards where she thought the sound was coming from, yelling back at him. "High Pockets! It's Jen!"
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Or so I'm told.
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Theo 'Teddy' Behr Lost in his own Head - Lost No More
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
She ran into his open arms. The fact that, out of the entire class, he was the first that she met, gave her hope for the first time. She wrapped her arms around him and held him close, as she sobbed into his chest. "Please. Tell me it's really you."

That it was Morgan that she found was the one bright spot since waking up. It gave her so many more options, and so much less to hide. "I've been so scared." She could never have told that to anybody else. Not so openly, at least. No matter how obvious it may have been, she could never tell anyone what she was feeling. She lost count of how long she held him, barely saying a word, just feeling his warmth.

Eventually, she extricated herself from his arms, and looked up at him. She tried to smile, even though she must look awful. "Okay, High pockets." She ran her hand across her face, wiping her eyes and smearing her make-up. "Now what do we do? And if your next answer is 'Die', I'll kill you myself."
Chars:
Robert A Barron Onward Christian Soldier - The Groundskeeper's Hut - Goind Round In Circles
Quincy Jones Henchman for Hire - The Mountain - Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows... KILLS=1
Jennifer Romita Attention Whore - The Felled Forest; North - The Worst Bath Ever
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Jen was finally relaxed and comfortable. Just Morgan being there was reassuring that everything was going to be all right. She recognised that she was almost certainly deluding herself, but at the same time knew that Morgan would never hurt her. OK, so he may not have a plan at the moment, but give him time. She turned back to her bag.

"Pretty much the same. I didn't get a gun though. They took a lot of my make-up. I've still got clothes, food, my vodka, first aid kit and a bolt of cloth. White. I know it doesn't seem like much. They don't expect me to survive do they?"

She felt tears welling up in her eyes again, but forced them down. They would do no good. Firming her jaw, she looked up at her best friend, knowing that right now, all she could do was follow him.
Chars:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
Morgan was taking charge. Good. That meant that she didn't have to think, only to obey. The less she had to engage her brain, the less she would think about the whole situation. The vodka in her bag was becoming increasingly tempting, but she knew Morgan would never allow it. Not now, anyway. Maybe later, when they were safe, secure, hid away from danger. Then she could allow herself to forget, fully, even if only for one night. One last party.

Morgan was doing his best to survey the area, to find out where they were and where they could go. Of course he was. He had his head screwed on right. Not like her. She was going to pieces, and knew it. Everybody must know it. All the people at home, watching her. They'd see how much of a mess she was.

Fuck that for a laugh. From now on, she'd show them. All of them. She could stand a chance. With Morgan beside her, she could get off this place and get home safely. And then her career could really take off. She'd be famous, get roles in movies and – It was ridiculous. Might as well dream on.

Morgan finished his survey and called her over. Jen instantly jumped up and trotted over, eager to please him. "What is it Highpockets? You found something?"
Chars:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
He had a plan!

Jen had never been so happy. There was hope. A lighthouse. A way to see what else was out there. It wasn't much, but it was hope. Something that she desperately needed.

Morgan was so excited about it all, and his energy was infectious. She listened intently as he described the way that it would all play out. It was enough to make her believe that by some miracle it would all come true.

"Whatever you say. You're the guy with the gun" She was only half joking, but in saying that, she realised exactly how much power that Morgan held over her right there. Yes, he was her best and oldest friend, and she was sure that he would never use it against her, but still, it was interesting how he'd been given a chance over her.

Than again maybe the whole thing was random. She pushed the worries down to the back of her head, and began walking towards the warehouse. "Well, come on. This thing won't search itself!"
Chars:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Killer_Moth
Member Avatar
I'll get you, Batman!
[ *  *  * ]
OK, so the warehouse was a lot duller than she'd expected it to be. That was fair. She could use something a bit dull at this point. Still, for somebody who was trapped on an island where people were trying to kill her, she could have been paying more attention to what was going on around her and less to Morgan's tight little butt.

It was probably the stress of it all. And she was sure that he'd never go for it. Not now. But damn she was horny. And Morgan was just being so 'take charge'. It was a side of him that she wasn't used to seeing. One that she would like to see more of. A lot more of.

No. Stop that, Jen. There's camera's everywhere. She tried to concentrate more on what was happening here and now. The warehouse was a dead end. Nothing either of them could use, too open and unprotected to hold up in. Besides, Morgan wanted to get to the lighthouse. And Jen wasn't about to abandon him to go off and die by herself.

"Hey Jen, there's just nothing here...I think we should get the hell out of here..." His voice echoed over the boxes, making her feel even smaller in the massive room. She oriented herself.

"OK. Works for me." She walked back to the entrance, and waited for him to catch up before heading out to her best hope to get out of this alive.

((Jen Romita cont'd Elsewhere))
Chars:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Locked Topic