Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Testing Faith....1...2..3; THREAD CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:42 AM (2,660 Views)
JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
B121: Allen Birkman - Start

Allen Birkman was sitting by a river, watching the water flow by and splash over the rocks while taking a bite from a sandwich he'd prepared earlier. It was a beautiful day, the sun beating down on his back and reflecting off the shimmering surface of the river. Allen couldn't ask for anything better.

There was a sudden rumbling sound and the ground began shaking. Allen looked around wildly as the sun disappeared behind a gigantic black storm cloud, illuminated by the odd bolt of lightning. He went to get up and leave, but before he could get to his feet, the entire bank he was sitting on collapsed into the river, dragging him in with it.

The river was deeper than it looked and Allen was struggling to stay afloat. He clawed at anything he could get his hands on to pull himself to safety. A tuft of grass, an exposed tree root, but they slipped out of his hands like wet soap. The water carried him further, transporting him to some rapids that hadn't been there a second ago. The water became rougher and his body was being thrashed about by the extremely strong currents.

And then he was under. He furiously kicked his legs, but it was no use. The harder he tried to swim, the further and further away the surface seemed. His lungs burned, pleading for oxygen that he was unable to deliver. It was getting darker, and colder too.
Something latched onto his ankle. He looked down and gave out a watery scream at the sight, what little air he had remaining leaving his body in a surge of bubbles. A ten-year old boy was hanging onto his foot, looking up to the young adult and pulling him deeper. Allen gave one final thought before the darkness completely enveloped him.
'Iain...'

Allen woke up with a start, noisily coughing his lungs out and expelling a disgusting mass of sand, saliva and mucus from his mouth. He gasped for breath, feeing his heart pound in his ribs. 'What a nightmare,' he thought, pushing himself up by his hands into a kneeling position. He closed his mouth and looked up, greeted by the dawn sky instead of the cabin ceiling he thought he'd been sleeping under, or his own ceiling for that matter. Beneath him lay damp sand that clung to his clothes and his left cheek where it had been laying against it.

'This isn't right, what the hell's going on here?' he thought, looking ahead and seeing a bunch of rocks a short distance ahead of him. And behind those, there looked to be... buildings?

It was then that the memories of the previous day flooded back into his mind. The coach trip that should've taken them to Badlands. Waking up in some huge room with several other people in his grade. Seeing some of his teachers mercilessly gunned down right in front of his eyes. That man, who announced what was going on.

Survival of the Fittest.

'Wha-oh no, nononono! Shit! Please tell me this isn't real! Someone, anyone, please tell me that this is all just a sick joke! PLEASE! Oh God, no, I'm gonna die! I don't wanna die!'

He couldn't hold it in any longer. His body jerked as tears starting to stream from his eyes, rolling down his cheeks and dropping onto his checked shirt. "M-mom, dad, Jennifer. I-I'm never g-gonna to see you again, am I?" he bawled between sobs.

Above the sound of his crying, Allen could hear the gentle rhythmic sound of waves splashing against the shore. He slowly turned his head to look over his shoulder and saw water as far as the eye could see. It was then he realised that he was on a beach.

Allen's face went pale and he tried scrambling away from the water, made difficult by his feet digging into the sand. He grabbed both bags that were nearby; had he not been preoccupied in trying to get away from the large expanse of water, he may have noticed that he'd never seen one of the duffel bags before in his life, or that there was someone else on the beach as well.

Allen had no idea how he got on the beach in the first place, but whatever the circumstances were, someone somewhere had a real sick sense of humour. Within seconds, he reached the rocks at the top of the beach and sat with his back against them, panting loudly with each bag on either side of him. There was sand in his tennis shoes and even in his jeans, but he didn't care. He was a safe enough distance from the sea.

As he glanced away from the water and up at the brightening sky, he wanted to believe that things couldn't get any worse than they were already. Deep down, however, he knew that they would.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)
Thread chain: O | O=O=O | O=O=

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
Thread chain: O | O=O
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

The Past: V4 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Cards Remaining (V5) - HERO: 1 /// SWAP: 0
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Allen was startled when he saw the other boy come over to greet him, and for a second he was afraid that he was going to be one of the first ones to meet their maker. Fortunately, the other guy, Chris as he introduced himself, didn't have any ill wishes towards him, and was in much of a state as he was.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you," Allen spoke, still breathing heavily. "I'm not playing either, I don't even know what my weapon is. I'm Allen by the way, it's good to see a friendly face at least."

'Hmm, I better check what weapon I got, just so I kno-'

That was when he heard the booming gunshot.

Allen was just about to unzip and rummage through the duffel bag that had B121 stitched onto it, but instead cried out at the extremely loud noise.

'Wh-what just happened...?' he wondered as his mind tried to make sense of what was going on. Then it clicked. The gunshot noise, which was incredibly loud, so it had to be very close. Very very close. It all meant... "Oh SHIT!"

'Someone's shooting at me, someone's actually shooting at me!'
Edited by JamesRenard, Aug 9 2010, 07:13 AM.
Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V5. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
V5 Characters
B006: Darren Fox - Weapon(s): Lego "Creator" bucket /// Status: ALIVE /// Current location: Meltdown (Nuclear Plant - The Reactors)

B030: Luca Johanssen - Weapon(s): N/A /// Status: DECEASED /// Body's location: Leap of Faith (Northern Coast - The Zipline Attraction) /// Rank: 134/152
The Future: Character Concept(s) (Subject to change, info may be added or deleted)

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesRenard
Member Avatar
Furry on Ice
[ *  *  * ]
Allen couldn't talk, he couldn't even scream, a pitiful whimper was the only sound his larynx could create. One moment, Chris had been next to him on his knees. The next, he was sprawled out dead on his back, a bloody gunshot wound in his face. 'Oh my God, they shot him, they killed him. He's dead, JesusChristhe'sDEAD!'

Try as he might, Allen couldn't shift his eyes away from the dead teenagers face. It was like a train wreck; as sickening as the sight was, he couldn't look away from the boy who just a minute ago had been alive. 'Why?! He was right there, talking to me!' he thought as a fresh wave of tears started to cascade down his face. He was so preoccupied in staring at Chris's dead face that he didn't notice the purple-haired girl walk out from her hiding place and calmly walk up to him. It was only when she started talking to him that he registered her presence.

"C-C-Clio?!" he stuttered, looking her way. "Y-you did this?!" It was hard for him to wrap his head around. A girl from his own class had just killed someone else in cold blood. Clio suddenly went on a rant, getting louder and seemingly angrier as she went. Allen wanted to get away from her, but his arms and legs wouldn't budge an inch.

'She's gone mad. She's gone fucking mad, she has a gun, killed someone with it, and now she's standing right in front of me with it. What the hell do I do?!'

Then Clio stated the idea of killing him. The blood in Allen's veins turned ice cold at that statement. "NO! Please! Don't kill-!" Before he could finish his plea for mercy, Clio was knocked down onto the sand by an unseen force. "What the-?!"

The gun was fired again and Allen yelped out, but fortunately the bullet didn't hit him. The boy who'd just tackled Clio to the ground started yelling at Allen to get out of there. Allen didn't know if to do as he said, or to try and help him. The boy shouted at him to run again.

'He's doing this to give me the chance to escape, I can't waste it,' Allen thought, grabbing both bags and starting to run down the beach, passing the late Chris Davidson as he went. 'Chris... I'm sorry dude. Rest in peace,' he sadly thought as he hightailed it away from the altercation. 'Whoever you are, thank you, and good luck.'

((Allen Birkman continued in Shelter From the Storm))
Edited by JamesRenard, Sep 9 2010, 12:01 PM.
V5 Characters

Stuff from Chat

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · The Beach: North · Next Topic »
Locked Topic