Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twists and turns; Boy 102 start, open
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:11 AM (5,659 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Simon Telamon continued from One Lucky SOB.))

After checking out his map, Simon figured that the warehouse was the best place to look for a lock.

361, 361 ... This key has to have a purpose ... 361. He felt a familiar pain in his lower left leg. Simon didn't bother to stop. He always got phantom limb syndrome when he got nervous. Rubbing a fake leg wasn't going to do anything to relieve the pain. He just looked forward at the large building. He'd been able to use the compass he'd been issued to navigate his way north to the large building that lay ahead of him. He walked carefully over to the door, standing by the handle facing outwards so as not to be seen by anybody possibly inside and to see what was outside. Then, he carefully grasped the handle, pushed down slowly, and gently opened the door. He peeked in to see nothing but huge red and blue crates, but he heard something, faintly.

"I guess, we can find ourselves by using our flashlights. It's quite dark in here, so if we'll point it up, we could find ourselves by observing and following the light. But we don't have infinite supply of batteries, so I think we should just follow the air current. If you can guess which way the wind is blowing, you should have no problems with finding the exit, and we could meet there. What do you think?" Then after about ten seconds ...

"I'm Trevor. Pleased to meet you." Simon breathed a sigh of relief. They seemed friendly enough.

"Gary... Gary Griffith. Warn me up next time you want to jump out of the corner like that."

"Hello?" Simon called out as loudly as he could. "Anybody there?" (Although Simon already knew the fact, he figured he should act like he didn't know Trevor and his friend were there. He just hoped he was correct in his judgement.)
Edited by decoy73, Aug 13 2010, 01:13 PM.
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No answer. Either they were expecting an ambush, or they were planning one. Noting that he had heard two people talking, he hoped that Trevor and Gary were simply being cautious. It was entirely likely that the death had started already. He figured he'd take his chances. It was also entirely likely that two non-players had met up, and one was armed with an actual weapon, as opposed to a potential weapon.

"I'm not playing!" He called out, as he stood in the doorway, hands up, grasping his key in his right hand so that it was visible between his index finger and thumb. "All they gave me was a key. I'm thinking it might open something in here, so I came to check it out." Simon paused for a moment. What should I say?

"There's no risk. I'd have to be right next to you for me to do anything stupid, and if you have anything that's useful, you could take me out before then."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Simon didn't hear anything for a second. It was just silence. This was, of course, expected. It wasn't like he was at the exit of an office or anything. Then, someone started talking, a familiar voice.

"Now, now Simon. Normally I'd just let you go and try your luck. But hey it’s my gig I can interfere if I want to right? Not my business if such a strong contender gets beaten to death in vain. But there are ratings to consider and, really, it would be such a waste. That there key of yours will be, ah, useful later. I'd save it if I were you." Simon gasped as he stepped back from the door, letting it close.

Shit. He's actually talking to me? But why? It's not an announcement or anything ... Any doubt over what was happening was immediately broken by the next statement.

"That is not fucking fair! You take us all here and then fucking choose favourites? Fuck you man, FUCK YOU DANYA!"
Simon frowned. Trevor's messing with me! He's trying to scare me off! Simon stepped forward and reopened the door. He was, to say the least, a bit upset. At least if they didn't trust me, he could have just told me to go away.

"Oh, very funny, Trevor. Perhaps I should have rephrased what I said." Simon took another step inside, letting the door close behind him loudly enough so that it could be heard. "I'm coming in. You can help me out if you like, or you can avoid me. I'm not going to attack you, and I'll show you what I get if I unlock anything, but don't fuck with me or I'll give it right back." Simon started to walk towards the boxes, looking for the correct lock, but so far to no avail. The key didn't even go in. It was after about thirty seconds that a weird thought came through his head:

Wait a minute. I never met Trevor before today. How did he know who I was? I heard his name, but I never revealed mine at any point? Does he know something about me? Simon started going more into a defensive position, looking around as he grabbed onto each lock and attempted to unlock each lock, failing every time.

No telling what's going on. Trevor knows my name. Who knows what other info he has on me?

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
While Trevor and Gary (but mostly Trevor) planned on the inevitable fight, Simon kept on going to his right, looking around as he tested (and failed to open) the locks on the boxes.

They're on my ass. Have to hurry. He was going quickly and getting frantic, so he started to skip over locks (Simon didn't know it, but it didn't matter all that much. The lock that the key did open wasn't in the building). As Simon reached the corner, he stopped and peeked around, noticing a figure.

Oh, shit. It's Trevor. (The figure in question was in fact Trevor, who was ready to fight and had just started moving from his position, although Simon had merely assumed) Simon quickly backpedaled and ran for the other side. All he had to do was not screw it up. Right now, he had three functions: find the locker, find Clio, escape. That was it.

As Simon rounded the other corner, he started to test the locks on the other side. Again, in his focus to move quickly and quietly, Simon missed a few locks (Still, it didn't matter. Simon was in the wrong building). As he tested key to (most of) the locks, Simon didn't notice the skinny guy (Gary) until he bumped into him (while enough to actually make an impact, it wasn't enough to knock anyone down). Simon scrabbled back, hands up, key once again visible. He didn't want to fight, he just wanted to find out if the key actually opened anything.

"Oh shit. Stay away. I don't want to fight you, but I will if you have to."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The skinny guy that Simon bumped into did seem quite dangerous - he held some sort of club in one of his hands. (Simon didn't realize it just yet, but Gary was in fact the least dangerous of the three people inside, being the least athletic and the most rational of the group). So Simon was a little shocked when Gary took the least expected course of action (to Simon, at least. A neutral observer wouldn't be very surprised at all): Gary dropped his club, fell to his knees, and started bawling.

"S-STOP! Don't kill me. Why are you even doing it? C-Can't we just talk peacefully instead of... H-hurting each other?"

Wait. He isn't playing? While Simon didn't fully know if Gary was acting (he wasn't), it did calm Simon down enough to the point of being kind of rational. Like Gary, Simon had no desire to get into a fight. He just wanted to find the correct lock, get something more useful than a key, find Clio and his friends from the wrestling team, and get off the island.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Simon hastily stepped back, trying not to fall on his ass. Did I just break him? Simon put his hands up.

"No. No! I'm not playing! I don't want to hurt you. Just ... stop screaming! That Trevor guy might think that something's actually happening!" Simon quickly ran out what he needed to say, trying to be loud enough for Gary to hear him over his bawling from a distance of seven feet, but quietly enough so that Trevor wouldn't find him.

Come on, calm down! If Trevor finds us like this, he'll take me out!

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Trevor Duncan approved by VinnyMcQ))

As Simon watched Gary blubber over the nonexistent threat of getting beaten to death, he started hearing voices outside. He almost didn't hear them because of a nearby clang. Simon turned towards the source of the noise.

"Hey Simon! Leave him alone. You wanna fight someone you can fight me!" There stood the taller skinny guy known as Trevor, with his bags around his shoulder, and what seemed to be a long stick in his hand (On closer inspection, one could note that it was a hoe). Simon was about to attempt to explain his side of the story when Trevor started to run towards him.

"Here, catch!" Simon did the only thing he could as Trevor turned his back towards him: he crouched down and charged directly towards Trevor. As Trevor went into arms reach of Simon, Simon wrapped his arms around Trevor's legs, picked him up and ran the two of them into the wall of containers behind Trevor. As they made contact with the boxes, both Simon and Trevor let out a deep breath upon contact before they hit the floor, temporarily stunned from the force of the impact ...

As Simon blinked the stars out of his eyes, he looked around. He was lying on his back, perpendicular to the wall, his feet about a foot away from the containers. As he craned his neck up, he could see a metallic glint on the floor near his right foot. His key. To his left, he could hear a low moaning. He looked to his left to see Trevor stirring from his five second period of unconsciousness. On a good note, Trevor had dropped his hoe, however, due to their positions when they had struck the wall, Trevor was now lying on top of Simon's prosthetic leg.

Immediately, Simon sat up, and pushed Trevor off (Due to his left leg being prosthetic, he was less able to simply pull it out as opposed to his natural right leg). As Simon looked at Trevor's face, he almost noted the nosebleed Trevor had obtained from striking the containers. Of course, he wasn't really thinking about that. He simply picked up his key, and ran out (As Simon's bags had been around his shoulders the entire time, they had managed to stay in that position) as fast as he could away from Trevor (Simon didn't realize it, but he was going in the same general direction as Gary, who had cleared out at the first possible opportunity). The only real sign of an exit was the voices of the other people (of course, Simon's thoughts were along the line of "get the hell out," rather than "don't get caught getting the hell out"). As Simon saw the light, he ran, only to notice three people there: one was Gary, the guy at the door with the crossbow he didn't know, but the tall brown haired guy with the weird scythe thingy ...

"Nick?"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Nick LeMonde done with permission from Ruggahissy))

Simon was actually feeling slightly relieved. Nick was the first person he'd met on the island who seemed to be considering the idea of teaming up. It was then that the guy with the crossbow (Teo, although the name didn't immediately come to mind) decided to speak up, first asking if Nick knew Simon, which Nick confirmed, although he sounded ... off. He didn't sound very happy to meet Simon. Then Teo spoke up again, moving his aim between Simon to Gary.

"You know, we really should sort out if we're playing or not. All this tension is definitely not good for anyone. So I think I have to ask: either of you got anything useful you'd like to contribute? Cause now is the time to say it if so. So speak up then."

"Uh, I've got a key. It probably opens something on the island. All we have to find is a locker marked '361.' Who knows? There could be something useful there ..." Simon showed the key in his right hand.

"Yeah. Let's take 'em out. We'll take this guy first, give Simon a head start. Cause he's a friend."

"Nick, come on! This is serious! Look at me! I'm big, I'm strong, I can help out. And besides, we're friends! Friends don't kill friends! It's not honorable!" Nick just swung the hand with the scythe in a controlled motion, from his left to his right. The signal was clear: Simon was going to have to fight to leave alive. Simon just put his key in his pocket and raised his hands, keeping his eyes on Nick the whole time. Simon was already planning his escape. He had to make sure of every possible contingency - just like preventing a bug in an iPhone app.

"Okay. Point taken." He looked at Gary for a second before bringing his eyes back to Nick. "No secrets between friends: if I die here, burn my body. Always wanted the urn-burial." Simon still had his copy of the Iliad with him. The death and burial of Patroclus did bring a tear to his eye. Simon could have thought about that story all day had a sharp crackling not filled the air, followed by a slow clap.

"Kids, I have to say that I'm truly impressed with your first day showing. Blood! Tragedy! Explosions! Mayhem! You've utterly SMASHED the record for first day kills; it makes an old man proud to see you all taking his instructions so thoroughly to heart! Congratulations to those of you that are still alive, because you've already outlasted 19 of your classmates."

Danya decided to speak up for his daily announcement. It was then that Simon sprung into action (a little sooner than planned, but the announcement actually made for a welcome distraction) - while everyone was distracted, Simon charged forward in a bull rush towards Nick. When he was about five feet away, Nick caught Simon's movement and reflexively swung his blade(s). Simon didn't even have to duck to avoid it as he tackled Nick, wrapping his arms around Nick's legs (If Simon weren't so focused on the task at hand, he'd be wondering if he was going to be making a habit out of tackling people). As it were, Simon's only thought was shouted out as loud as possible:

"GARY GET OUT OF HERE!"

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
CRACK

Simon felt a pain in his left leg as he tackled Nick. There wasn't all that much pain, just as if he had gotten a shot with a thick needle (The wound wasn't as bad as it could have been - the crossbow bolt that had been fired had embedded itself into the housing of Simon's prosthetic leg, and as such only slightly penetrated into his flesh). As he hit the ground, it was Nick that got moving first, entangling their legs together and then, he stopped. Simon didn't really stop to think about why as he pushed away from Nick (not enough to really move him, but Simon still did so) as Nick's weight left him, running back towards another exit (no way was he risking getting shot with another bolt - he got lucky the first time when Teo hit the right - or wrong - leg). The announcement was still going on, but Simon was only half-listening to the kills as he ran away from his current assailants and towards what turned out to be another possible danger.

Clio Gabriella. His girlfriend, currently in a four-way tie for top killer on the island.

He got about twenty feet before he noticed the girl, as Danya was still droning about the kills

"... tenth to be wiped off the map was Petrushka Ivanova as Miss Gabriella chalked up her second kill of the day ..."

Simon was only half-listening to the announcement, so it hadn't fully entered his head as he shouted one recommendation towards Clio.

"Clio, RUN!"

The thing was, it had quite possibly, on some subconscious level, registered with Simon, because just as Simon moved within five feet of Clio, he tripped, going towards her, yet simultaneously trying to sidestep her. He was able to regain his bearing after a couple steps, moving forward and to his left as he ran past Clio, rushing to the nearest exit, a crossbow bolt stuck sticking out of the stump below his left kneecap, and any rational thought replaced by adrenaline as he just cleared out of the warehouse.

((Simon Telamon continued in Watch Your Step))
((Alternate version continued in What Could Have Been))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply