Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twists and turns; Boy 102 start, open
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:11 AM (5,830 Views)
Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just keep on running, Clio. Just keep on going...

((Clio Gabriella continues...))

She couldn't stop. Not for anyone, or anything. Shelter was the first thing on her mind, and...

She stopped. Boxes, metal cages, empty metal cages surrounded her. She had to be at the warehouses, didn't she? According to the announcements, there was a lot going on. 19 people dead? And he gleefully announced that she was responsible for two of them. And Ivan, oh Ivan, wasn't he so high and mighty, trying to save that girl? He killed someone as well! And got that BKA award for it! People were dead, dying all around her. She had people like her, killing more than once. There was that Reiko dyke, that other Russian guy (seriously, when did Bayview suddenly turn into Soviet Russia?), and now that skater chick, Cris. So she wasn't the only girl with a plan eh? Looks like she was gonna have some competition after all...

Stopping a few metres away from a door, she heard noises. A boy, running off into the distance, leaving a door into one of the large, metal prisons, swung open. Not wanting to stop, she bolted for the door.

Darkness, emptiness, but...noises. Yelling? Had to be. After about a minute or two of frantic scampering around in the dimness of the morning, she found the source of the noise.

And promptly as though God himself wanted her to stop, the heel on her left shoe snapped into two places, sending Clio, hair over head tumbling down to the ground. Upon contact with the ground, her gun was dropped behind her like a bird shot out of the sky, and the small key on the end of her necklace almost imbedding itself into her skin. Clio grunted in pain as the contact with the ground and subsequent 'skidding' across the floor almost drew blood. No, only frayed clothing was the outcome of that complication.

Looking up again, pushing herself up from the ground on her hands and knees, the scene that greeted her was a group of people she had never expected, or wanted, to see in one place.

...you have got to be kidding me.

Two of her ex-boyfriends, her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend, and...someone else.

It seemed to Clio, as she lay there, sprawled on the ground, that she had walked into a fight to the death.

Gasping loudly for air, she grabbed at her bag, and start retreating backwards across the ground, absentmindedly picking up her gun along the way as she scrapped across the ground like a crab.

Her back rammed itself into the closest metal pole, protruding itself to the ceiling. And it gave her a chance to examine who the hell was there.

Teo Winstock. Big guy, bigger down below than Clio shamefully wanted to remember. Crossbow. Look on his face that could be mistaken for murder.

Nick LeMonde. Wrestler. Clio's second conquest at Bayview. Dumped him after 2 months. Currently being tackled to the ground by someone.

That someone...

.......Simon.

Her boyfriend. A bolt sticking out of his leg.

She sat there, breathing heavily, as now, with her gun not in her hand, she was defenceless, simply watching a bad accident about to happen.

Clio grabbed her bag, and clenched it to her stomach. It was big, right? It could probably stop something, couldn't it with all that stuff inside? Her right arm squeezed the bag into her stomach, while her left was feeling around on the ground behind her, searching for her gun.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I can't sing but I wrote you a song

Wrong notes but the melody's so clear

When I'm lost, I'm still close to gold

cause I found my treasure in you
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well...

It became rather obvious to Clio that she wasn't in any danger. The huge fight she had just run into proved just enough for people to actually escape. The two guys, one of them Simon, used her impromptu entry into this large empty space as a chance to make their exits. Simon hadn't obviously realised what she had done, because, well, he was still on her side for the most part. He yelled at her to run, but Simon, sweet innocent Simon, had no idea what she had done...

It would only be a matter of time.

But now was not the time to wonder. She had two mortal enemies to face.

Nick was gaping at her. The announcements must have been delayed or something, cause it was still ringing across through the air in this place. Her name was announced only seconds after she arrived, and she was sure it left a bad taste in their mouths.

Teo, it seemed, wanted to try his luck.

His huge, very attractive Israelite hands were fumbling around with a crossbow, almost in time with her other hand fumbling around behind her for her gun. Nail met concrete, and there was a tiny little part of her that stopped her hands from attempting to grind away the ground from around her.

Whereisitwhereisitwhereisitohgabbygirldon'tfalllikethisnowyou'retoosmartforthis-

Her hands found the grip again. She needed a bandage or a strap or something to keep it on her at all times, this was just getting clumsy.

From what she could tell, it had spun around like a breakdancer when she accidentally pushed it behind her and fell into a kind of Tetris-reminiscent hold on the metal pole behind her. Teo, in his glorious amount of wisdom (that was, none. She didn't like her guys to be able to think that much), tried speaking to her...while still loading the huge projectile piece of weaponry in his hands.

Now this would SIMPLY not do.

Reaffirming her hands into the gun's frame, she watched in horror as he finally succeeded in reloading another bolt into the gun in his hands. Whipping her hand around as fast as she could, Clio found herself now in the middle of her second Mexican Standoff.

This did feel a bit exciting...

Teo spoke again. Honestly, it was like everyone here suddenly became these infinitely wise souls who knew how to do everything. This dumb jock had no idea what she was capable of now, was she? As she listened further, he started to attempt to humour her. Clio wasn't really sure how to react to it, so what she did was she took a page from the classic mass-murderer's book and let out a laugh. It wasn't like she was crazy or anything, just very clueless on how to react to the situation.

Everything was going way too fast for her. She didn't realise that in no way was she cut out for killing, for actually engulfing herself in Survival of the Fittest, but she still had an act to put on.

"Oh, Teo. You're so sweet. You actually THINK that you still know me? Times are changing, honey, and this girl doesn't need your crap. You hear Danya? He knows that! Everyone knows that now! I killed that freaking bible kid, I killed that Russian bitch and I would do it again! So don't you try and get on my fucking good side, because I am not going to put up with that crap from ANYONE any more! Not YOU! Not SIMON! Not JJ! Not MIKE! Not DUSTIN! Not N-HEY!"

Nick, who had taken his place right next to Teo, had tried to go for the large bladed instrument right next to Teo's feet. Flicking her hair around, she readjusted her aim so that both of the two guys were in her aim.

"No, I don't think that'll be happening. You," she motioned with her gun hand towards Nick "Keep those hands where I can see them." Clio shifted her feet uncomfortably underneath her, in an attempt to reaffirm her commanding stance.

Her other hand had made it's way up to her gun. Despite it's size, she could still fit it snugly inside itself, and she continued eying both the guys in front of her. There was no chance of forming an alliance with anyone now, not unless someone miraculously managed to miss the announcement. There was never going to be anything anymore with either of them, and she didn't know what she was waiting for right now. A miracle? A chance to escape? Hope in the form of a distraction large enough to rob them of their precious amount of dignity or weapons?

Fuck. This was all her fault, not thinking it through. She just had to barge in here. And now she was lost. Was it going to be just her, and these two, held out in a stickup like this until someone got tired?

...there had to be something else, a random element, that she hadn't taken in yet.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry for the delay))

This wasn't something Clio had planned on doing while she took the time to figure herself out. Holding two of her ex's hostage and then screaming at them wasn't something that was high on her priority list of things to do on the island. It was just above "experiment with sexuality" and just below "try out various gag weapons on self". It wasn't something one thought about often.

There seemed to be a consistant variable among the two guys in front of her, in that they both seemed to be under the impression that her gun was a musket, and they had the speed and reaction ability of ninjas. While ninja skills were helpful in a situation such as the one that presented itself, they were wrong. She could sure as hell shoot both of them without them reacting to either shot, would her hands have been better, but she couldn't let them have any more information than necessary.

She was so caught up in her mini panic, that she hadn't noticed Teo move forward.

Something was up, but Clio was clueless. Not so clueless as to not subcouncsiously notice that the situation seemed to becoming a lot more dire on her hand. She wasn't sure why she clenched onto her gun tighter, but she didn't question her hand's movement.

Teo...

"Clio, Nick's right you know. If you do manage to hit one of us, and keep in mind you might miss, the other will certainly take you down. We could resolve this peacefully. Sure you've killed those guys, but baby I understand. I know what this game is and I don't fault you for it. You always were smart Cli."

"Remember that time when we went to that archery range and they were resetting the targets. No one cared to factor in the change of elevation and were missing their shots and you just smiled, aimed a little to the left and bam, bulls eye, three out of three. Now that was smart babe. You want to do the smart thing now and we both know what it is."

"With those announcements you won't be getting many potential allies. But you already know that Cli, don't you? Still, you stand right in front of us, probably the only two boys on the island who really understand you."

"Now I'm not proposing a team, cause we're both competitive, that's why it would never work. But a mutual respect could go a long way - you know, no shooting until later on, I'm sure we can both agree that's the right thing to do."

It was mostly what Teo said, not what he did, that resounded with her. She wasn't immediatly moved by this, and going to cascade tears down her face, and repent herself immediatly as though she was a character who's actions needed to be written in a rush. No, it was mostly how much Teo remembered of their time together. To her, it wasn't like he was any different from most of the other guys she dated, though she liked to remember that he was among the biggest, but it was surprising to her how much he remembered of her. Her personality, her little acts in the time they spent together, which was rather fleeting, and it was this she realised too late what he was counting on.

Before she knew it, Teo was there, right beside her. His arm barred her main arm holding the gun, and as quick as it started, the gun was out of her hands for possibly the 4 time in the past 24 hours. Her arm was now wedged between Teo's body and his large arm, and now Clio was back to being a defenseless little girl again.

This was not boding well for the young killer.

Brackie
Member Avatar
personification of adhd
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As soon as started, it was over. Teo had released her from his grasp, and now she realised how much the roles had changed. She wasn't a threat to them anymore, simply a plaything. They had the weapons, they had the size advantage, and all Clio was left with was a saying that suited her situation perfectly: regalmente avvitato. It roughly translated into English as something along the lines of "royally fucked".

Teo was so close to her she could smell his sweat and see his tounge make the individual movements that were words. His large hand met her face, and he was smiling at her. Clio knew that a step in any direction meant either death by the guy behind him with the large blade, or death to the front of him by god-knows whatever the hell Teo knew in terms of martial arts.

For once, in her what seemed to be at that very moment a fleeting time on the island, she was truly terrified for her life.

And then Nick spoke.

"Waste Her."

Her eyes flickered towards the man in front of him, who's expression changed so quickly it was like trying to keep track of a racing greyhound. It took her a while to comprehend that Nick, the one she honestly, god-strike-her-down-if-she-lied-to-anyone wanted to know but never got the chance to, was now her excecutioner. Before she could even move, Teo's hand met her throat.

She never stood a chance.

He wasn't squeezing yet, only had her by a chokehold. It gave her enough time to try and plead her chances.

"No, no plea-"

Almost enough time anyway.

The little veins in her throat stood no chance against the large Israelite hands that squeezed. It would have thrown Clio back had her figure not been stapled in place like a large wooden doll. One that was now trying to pry it's way out of his hand through means of punches to his arms, kicks to his legs. They were worthless! They weren't meant to be worthless!

THIS WAS NOT HOW SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO END IT.

NO.

A billion thoughts rushed through Clio's head at once, all screaming through her ears like a jet plane. Do something! Get out! Apologize! Offer yourself! Get out! GET OUT! GET! OUT! NOW!

It wasn't doing anything, the endless barrage of week punches to Teo's arm was getting weaker by the second. In a vane attempt to try to weaken him further, she tried digging her nails into his arm. It worked as worthlessly as the punches did.

The thumping in her head grew stronger by the second and now it seemed like a chorus or beating. Clio could hear ever little movement in her body, from the smallest twitch in her now almost-paralyzed legs to the whistling of the hair wrapping itself around nothing as it started to fade like firewood in the night. The limbs tried their best to keep running, but now it was turning into overtime, the workers who operated her legs were now calling it quits, while her arms were overclocking. It was becoming harder and harder to keep them from falling limp beside her figure. And all the time, she was crying like mad. This was how it was going to end? Not some glorious battle, or a fight to the death, or even being killed by a vengeful parent, but by a fellow student who also wanted to play, to win? The day was becoming like night, as the tears started to obscure her vision. Her death seemed close, yet she realised how alone she really was. She had people he wanted to protect her, didn't she? The girl with the pink hair, and the one who looked just like her, where were they? They left her, just like everyone else in her life, which was shortly coming to an end in the following seconds as the blood began to form in her eyes, almost making her left one the same colour as the-

But it didn't stay that way for long. Her legs met the earth once more, and the feeling that reached them was indescribable. That feeling was swallowed up by the tears that would flow from Clio's eyes, weeping, gasping like a dying walrus in the mud, as everything began to blur into one.

I'm alive...

And once again, she was still in the submissive postion in this fight. Teo stood over her, as she registered the small gun parts hitting her as she lay there on the ground like a cawing animal.

Teo was being the big man again, and she was now his little girl, like so many a night together. He was sparing her. He was letting her live.

He was letting her live.

He. Was letting. Her. Live.

Live.

The choking that erupted from Clio started to slow down, but the tears were flowing just as strong. The relief, no not relief, the shame that was filling her up as she sat there, like a scared little puppy, while Teo ordered her out, was nothing that she ever thought she would feel on this island.

But she didn't waste the opportunity presented to her.

Her hands weakly fumbled around at the ground beneath her. Her left ring finger burrowed too deep, and the nail snapped against the ground. Not even caring, she found her clip, and her bag behind her was now as comforting as a warm pillow. A pillow that she wanted to carry to sleep. But now wasn't the time. Grabbing the bag to her chest again, she ran out the door, scooping up her gun on the way. Her entire worth was scattered along the jumping surface of the bag's top, like some sort of sick twist between a farmers market and a carnival game. And that was where they would stay.

She didn't stop running. An ending to an act that she wasn't sure whether she even managed a victory this time beseached her, and she didn't care.

((Clio Gabriella, Act 4 Conclusion. Act 5 will continue after Intermission...))

Edited by Brackie, Oct 28 2010, 09:15 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply