Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Twists and turns; Boy 102 start, open
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 11:11 AM (5,647 Views)
Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Teo Weinstock continued from Resolve))

It had been a relatively short jog to reach the buildings Teo had spotted in the distance. At first according to his map he was sure that they would be in town by now but as the large shapes loomed closer he realised that he had somehow got turned around and ended up closer to the warehouses. There wasn't much point in staying long but there might be something of use in one of the crates. May as well have a quick look around, see if anything, or anyone inside could help. Hopefully if the duo was fast enough they could make it to town and hole up somewhere by nightfall.

Heading over to a staff door closest to the path that Nick and Teo had followed the boys pushed up against the wall. Teo took a quick look at the door itself. The lock had been smashed open with something heavy, splinters of wood were scattered all around the area. Someone had broken in here and they hadn't been subtle about it. Truth be told the smashed lock was the entrance that Danya's sweepers had used to gain access to the warehouse itself but Teo was convinced instead that one of the other students was wielding something hefty, and was very much not afraid to use it. Motioning to the door Teo smiled at Nick thinly. "We'll at least they don't have a gun right?"

Gently pushing the door open with his foot Teo quickly took two steps back, Crossbow at the ready. The place was pitch black. Motioning for Nick to take out his flashlight Teo scanned the entrance for signs of movement or noise. There was a clattering noise as Nick fumbled with the flashlight and dropped it on to the hard pavement. Teo gave him a quick annoyed look and then rolled his eyes before tilting his head towards the doorway. Flicking the beam on the two boys stepped carefully in to the darkness, the beam of light illuminating large red and blue crates as far as the light allowed them. Reaching out with his spare hand Teo flicked the light switches near the doorway on and off. Nothing. Cursing softly he drew along side of Nick as the echo-y voices of the three boys already deep within the warehouse wafted towards them. Neither of the two could make out what anyone was saying, the reverberation and size of the building distorting the sound in to incomprehensible jargon. Leaning towards Nick Teo furrowed his brow.

"Should we go check that out? If you want to, you take the lead and I'll cover you with the crossbow, just watch your corners." Teo looked to the side, his eyes starting to adjust to the dimmer lighting of the building. "Or we could get out and try and make it to town before nightfall. Either way, I've got your back."

for now he thought to himself as he awaited Nick's response.
Edited by Fanatic, Aug 30 2010, 08:19 AM.
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

William 'Woozie' Wu - "Hey Pheebs, you're amazing babe."

V4
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fanatic
Member Avatar
A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Teo was beginning to think that every one of his classmates had somehow lost all their common sense given the interactions he had experienced. Half of them were running around screaming and pleading not to be killed, the other simply taking the whole thing a joke. He had started to let his guard down now that he hadn't actually seen anyone who he could imagine pose any threat whatsoever to his safety, plus the appearance of the blood covered Liz had made everything seem a little off kilter.

So when the two boys appeared around the corner, the first one surrendering within seconds, the second one staring dumbfounded at the two boys Teo neither relaxed, nor squeezed the trigger of the crossbow.

When Simon called out to Nick Teo looked at his companion.

"Wrestling buddy Nick?"

Slowly moving his crossbow between Gary and Simon Teo's face took on a steely expression. "You know, we really should sort out if we're playing or not. All this tension is definitely not good for anyone. So I think I have to ask: either of you got anything useful you'd like to contribute? Cause now is the time to say it if so."

Teo had quite frankly had enough of everything on this island. People were being stupid - what was the point of surrendering in a situation like this, it was kill or be killed. If someone threatening wanted to they would of killed them by now and moved on, if not, there wasn't any point in surrendering in the first place, you gave away that you were weak and spineless. Teo was a man of action, he hated not doing things, and worst of all he hated not being in control. The nagging competitive streak he always had in him was gnawing away at the moral justifications that he had put in place when he initially decided not to play. Everyone he met was a buffoon and had nothing to contribute. If there was no chance, why not play?

Hell his people had suffered persecution before and what did they get out of it? Nothing, that's what. You got to do what you need to to survive and Teo Weinstock wasn't about to be brought low by a bunch of cowards and nutters.

"So speak up then."
Sickness: Partially suicidal... very slightly because of my report, but mostly because Jason is dead. All of my personal issues stem from the fact that Jason Harris did not win SotF v4

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
((GMing Approved))

Teo reacted as soon as Simon sprung in to action. He was coming at Nick full pelt and Teo pulled the trigger as quick as he cool. The reflexive jolt of the Crossbow came as a bit of a surprise but having test fired a bolt previously Teo was braced for it and the kickback of the weapon pushed softly against his shoulder. The bolt flew true and Teo was pleased that once again the bow had unerring accuracy. His inner perfectionist was glad that he had such mastery over the weapon in such a short time.

There was a loud crack as the steel bolt connected with Simon's knee joint. The bolt buried itself deep within the prosthetic limb but it didn't seem to slow down the charging wrestler at all. There was a slight stagger as the bolt impacted but Simon kept barreling down on Nick like a run away train. It took Teo all of a second to remember that Simon's leg was artificial and that his plan of taking out his leg so he couldn't move was probably a lot less efficient that putting one through the guy's chest.

In truth he had only decided to cripple the boy because he was still coming to terms with the idea of actually killing classmates. Teo wasn't squeamish about blood and he had seen his share of death; a car accident or two, heart attacks, an older relative passing away, but he did have a problem reconciling his image of himself with that of a cold blooded killer despite his previous well thought out logic.

The impact of Simon colliding with Nick made Teo step back instinctively and he moved to sidestep the scuffle and reload his crossbow. In fact given the sudden announcement and the combat before him Teo's normally perceptive intuition failed him and Gary's image faded in to the background, he didn't even notice the boy get up and make a sprint for the door.

The failure of the leg shot to even hinder Simon's attack made Teo more resolute to show no mercy next time he made a decision and he methodically loaded the next bolt in to his Crossbow. This was a game, and like any game, it was one he would play to win. Jumping in to a brawl with two wrestlers was never a good idea. Instead he would just wait until he had a clear shot. This one, aimed to kill.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
As Simon bolted out the door, letting out, what now seemed to be a catch cry of 'nearby person, Run!' Teo whirled to face Clio. Clio who he had long ago dated, Clio who was always out for adventure, and Clio, who according to the latests announcement had shot a fellow student in the face without a second thought.

With Nick at his back Teo moved to methodically reload his crossbow. After receiving the weapon he had looked over the instructions multiple times and had practiced the process for the greater part of an hour. Still, he wasn't able to get the process down to anything less than 10 seconds and now in the moment where he needed to be as fast as possible he fumbled again with the bolt on the side of the weapon. Clio herself seemed to do no better as she fumbled in the dark for what Teo presumed was her gun. He called out to her as he continued to winch the string back. At speed but not hurriedly. If you were fast but solid with your movements things simply got done a lot quicker.

"Clio, babe. Just relax, this isn't what it looks like."

His short practice had paid off as he slid the bolt in to the catch and whipped the crossbow up at Clio, mere metres away. It just so happened at that at that exact moment Clio's hand found what she was looking for and she pulled up the pistol right back at him. Teo froze, his finger on the trigger quivering slightly before a grin slowly spread across his face.

"Looks like this is a stand off Clio. I don't really want to hurt you and I know you would never hurt me right babe? So how about we put the weapons down and talk this out. You know we're both good people, plus you look cuter when you're happy."

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Teo didn't notice Gracie for the brief time where she was behind the two, his attention was now fully focused on Clio. He began to edge towards her and to one side away from Nick. Staring her down with his eyes, not once breaking contact. A thin smile remained on his lips as he did this.

"Clio, Nick's right you know. If you do manage to hit one of us, and keep in mind you might miss, the other will certainly take you down. We could resolve this peacefully. Sure you've killed those guys, but baby I understand. I know what this game is and I don't fault you for it. You always were smart Cli."

He inched closer, he was now maybe a few feet away from Nick and a few feet closer to Clio. Not close enough that he could reach her quite yet but every inch counted.

"Remember that time when we went to that archery range and they were resetting the targets. No one cared to factor in the change of elevation and were missing their shots and you just smiled, aimed a little to the left and bam, bulls eye, three out of three. Now that was smart babe. You want to do the smart thing now and we both know what it is."

Once again Teo stepped forward. Just a little further.

"With those announcements you won't be getting many potential allies." Teo saw her eyes flicker and he mentally smiled, his suspicion confirmed. "But you already know that Cli, don't you? Still, you stand right in front of us, probably the only two boys on the island who really understand you."

He nodded to Nick as he took another cautious step forward and to the right.

"Now I'm not proposing a team, cause we're both competitive, that's why it would never work. But a mutual respect could go a long way - you know, no shooting until later on, I'm sure we can both agree that's the right thing to do."

Teo re-gauged the distance. It was doable, he just needed to make sure. He moved to point the crossbow away from Clio.

"See, I'm putting down my weapon."

As Teo turned the weapon down and watched Clio's eyes momentarily flicker to the bow he lunged, side forward like he had been shown by his father many times before intent on disarming his ex before she could do something stupid.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
As quick as a flash Teo released Clio now that he had the gun and ejected the clip, letting it clatter to the ground and pulling back the slide to remove the chambered round. Tossing the pistol far away it slid in to the darkness of the warehouse right near the doorway. Putting his face close up to Clio's Teo smiled.

"See, that wasn't so tough now, was it hot stuff? Isn't it all better when you go with the flow?" He placed one hand gently on the girl's cheek. She had been a pretty good lay. Not the best he'd ever have but decent enough that she would actually move rather than lying still like most girls tended too. Plus the fact that she was vocal in bed was an added bonus.

"Waste Her"

Nick's deadpan voice echoed around the warehouse. The sudden silence seemed to amplify his voice, giving it an almost robotic twinge, cold and without remorse. Teo's face changed to an expression of grim concentration. His had slid from Clio's cheek slowly, moving to clasp around her neck. Being good in bed wasn't going to save her. He looked straight in to her eyes. This was a competition, there could only be one winner and when you competed you had to be ruthless, you couldn't play nice or take it easy. It was what had to be done.

Teo squeezed tight around Clio's neck, feeling each pulse of her heart as she burst in to a frenzy of movement. The small girl kicked and punched furiously at Teo to little effect. He was just too large, too strong and soon her eyes began to well in tears. Teo simply stared right back at her. His grip tightened.

-----------------

"Hey." Teo slid in next to the girl at the lunch table beaming as he placed a hand naturally on her shoulders. "I don't usually do this, but I felt like I needed to come over and say hi. There's a connection between us you know, just like one plus one equals two."

-----------------

Clio stopped beating on Teo, her flailing becoming more instinctual than thought out. Her pulse slowed

dum dum

dum dum

dum

dum

dum

----------------

"It's ok babe, we've both wanted this." Teo said, slipping his jeans off. This was a routine he had done many times and the girl in front of him smiled as she seductively removed her shirt and nodded. Teo looked at the photo on the bedside. A Picture. A four year old girl smiling brightly between a couple, somewhere in Italy from the look of it. The girl spotted the direction of his gaze and her eyes grew downcast. Teo stopped and walked over to the bed, putting his arm around her and sitting down. "What happened?"

---------------

Teo stopped.

He was choking a girl to death. Clio had all but ceased moving, her eyes still welled with tears but she no longer fought back.

What am I doing?

He released his grip and Clio fell to the floor, gasping for breath. Turning to Nick his eyes were stone cold. "No. If we do this, we do this right. We need to play smart and hard. This early on we can't have our names broadcasted like those who just were. It'd be kill on sight. We find people and make em off themselves, or at least make sure we don't get spotted doing it, not until later. We've got the advantage now. Nobody knows we're playing."

He motioning to the spluttering Clio. "We kill her that all changes. I'd rather retain the uncertainty of others for a little while longer." Teo bent down picking up the bullet and the ejected clip, throwing them at Clio and pointed to the exit. "Get out. I promised we'd avoid each other and have a truce at least for now and a Weinstock keeps his word. Try anything stupid and we both know how it ends."

He knew this wasn't the smartest play, but for now he couldn't bring himself to end the life of someone he knew, someone that on some level he did care about even though it was so long ago. Pumping and dumping was one thing, but to feel someone's life drain away at your fingers was something else. He had decided to play, but Teo knew he would have to start with someone he didn't know.

He turned away, a flicker of movement behind a crate catching his eye.

"Let's go over there Nick. Give Clio a second to recover. She'll get lost I'm sure of it."

He hoped Nick didn't see the hesitation in his eyes.

Edited by Fanatic, Oct 4 2010, 04:42 AM.

V4

Fanatic
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
((Shitpost but we REALLY need to get a move on here))

No sooner had Clio disappeared from the area than another girl stepped out of the shadows. Teo was momentarily taken back by surprised but quickly recovered as Gracie spoke up. Gracie Wainright. Despite her copious amounts of makeup and ridiculously styled hair still rocked a pretty hot body and her tits were decent too. Still he had a girlfriend. Who would be watching right?

Teo didn't know. Tash wasn't one for violence and he had already decided to play. Would she forgive him for that? He didn't know. Catching a little on the side wouldn't be any less forgivable then killing someone he was sure. As Clio's footsteps receded in to the distance he flashed that charming smile of his after giving a curt nod to Nick. Indicating that they would discuss it later. Gracie was touting a rifle and after disarming one crazed lady with a gun Teo didn't really want to run through the process again. Get Gracie asleep and the two could decide what to do with her. Worse came to worse at about 150 pounds the two could easily overpower her.

"Sure babe. It's getting late too. We should find a shipping container and camp it out. At least for a while. You get some sleep while Nick and I keep a watch out k? We'll swap it up later."

He needed a little time to discuss with Nick their far reaching plans. It had become messy and the moral lines were getting a little blurred. All in all Teo wasn't coming off that well psychologically from the run in with Clio. He needed a little time to assess. He still retained the facade of bravado but a slight twitch almost emerged before sheer willpower pulled it down again.

((Teo Weinstock continued elsewhere...))

V4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Warehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply