Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Break Up And Break Down; Start of (the end of) G010
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:47 AM (9,849 Views)
Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
[Mirror Mirror --> Steve]

A clean slate. That's what Steve was after at the fun fair. He didn't spend long considering how out of place the area seemed, and doubted Danya would've gone out of his way to find an island specifically with one, just for the sick humour of it. No, what he was spending more time worried about was who he'd actually run into there. Hopefully some nice people. Or at least, some normal people. Not window-smashing goths, or paranoid gun-wielding skaters, or stampedes of weirdos that start crying for no real reason.

It took him longer than planned to reach the fairground, though. He'd left the Hall of Mirrors late in the evening, meaning to find some shelter alone before nightfall, and start exploring by daylight. But overcome by fatigue and culture shock, and certainly not helped by the loss of blood from his arm, Steve managed to collapse halfway there, and awoke a few minutes after the end of Danya's first announcement. He didn't even realise it had been broadcast yet. He emerged from the small group of trees, and carried on South, estimating the time to be much earlier than it was, assuming nobody else would be active there, if they were awake.

Minutes later, he came upon the Fun Fair proper, and a few seconds after that, found himself just outside the very centre of the camp. He paused, hearing voices. A look around the corner told him that a small group had gathered. Two of them were hugging; a short girl and a relatively tall boy, a little shorter than himself, possibly equal, it was hard to tell from just the quick glance. He felt awkward, seeing that. Of course he was glad they'd found some solace in each other, as friends, lovers, or maybe just acquaintances? It didn't matter, they were in friendly company. Steve, on the other hand, glad as he was on their behalf, felt ever so slightly bitter at his own luck, having been given a weapon that couldn't even defend - let alone attack if he wanted to - and running into a long string of stupid and dangerous situations.

Maybe he'd have been better off coming out into the open. Maybe they would've been friendly. But he didn't think about it that way. Steve tried to rationalise it that he just didn't want to intrude, but in truth, he couldn't stand to see them, and in them, see how alone he himself was. So he hung back, waiting around the corner, hoping they'd just move on, or... something. The boy reached for the silver cross hanging from his neck. He didn't even know what he wanted.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chib
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
"You! I can see you! Get the fuck out of here if you don't want to have your fucking head cut off! I'm not in the mood to deal with this murderer bullshit! I've had a long FUCKING night and anyone who tries fucking with me or my friends right now is gonna regret it so fucking hard, so DON'T. FUCKING. TEST ME."

Shit.

That's about all that went through poor Steve's head right then.

Shitshitshit.

Maybe he would've been better off with that creepy mirror-hating girl from last night.

Fucking shit.

Maybe he should've stayed at the beach, laughed off his medical ineptitude, tried to make friends. For all he knew, Kimberly had survived... speaking of which, shouldn't the announcement have been made by now?

No, no time to consider that. If he didn't respond soon, Hayley would probably come after him of her own accord. She'd assume he was a sneaky killer, she'd return the percieved favour. He'd die.

Not being dead was a quality Steve planned on maintaining. So he, still maintaining the tight grip on his cross, turned the corner and faced whatever fate had in store for him. Turns out it was the shorter girl he'd seen hugging that guy earlier. He took a couple of steps forwards, managing to forget the repercussions of the last time he'd approached an unstable individual, and raised his left hand in a "stop" gesture. Then he spoke, casually, hoping his tone would have at least some calming effect on Hayley. "It's cool, don't go axe-crazy, I'm not gonna attack you."
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink

The Past

Chib
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
(Skipping, in order for Steve to be dead in time. Apologies, but I'd rather this than be late.)

What Steve hadn't realised before stepping out was that Hayley was armed with a sword. He'd figured she was exaggerating when she'd said "have your fucking head cut off!", and maybe just had a knife or something like that. Even an axe he'd have a fair chance of defending himself from, but a long piece of pure sharpness? Not a snowball's hope in hell.

It dawned on Steve that what he'd just done was a very bad idea. He should've just run away, he had a considerably longer stride than Hayley, and was probably more fit than her as well. He'd probably have made it. But probably is meaningless when you decide to make an incredibly stupid choice. Instead of using his height and stamina to his advantage and just legging it, there he was, his right hand uselessly clenched at his chest, his left just as uselessly extended towards a clearly unhinged person armed with a frighteningly large sword.

She appeared to be in immensely deep thought for the few seconds before and after he spoke. It seemed odd, really, that she'd managed to become so absorbed in thinking so very quickly. But that wasn't really what was on Steve's mind. He was more worried as to the outcome of her thoughts. And then the expression of thought was gone. It was blank for a moment, then a disconcerting almost-smile, in perfect unison with something far more terrifying.

She was charging at him.

The first thing that went through Steve's mind was "...oh God."

The second was a wordless, primal thought, to the effect "There's nothing I can do about this."

And the last thing through his mind was the face of his late mother. In the split second before his demise, his faith remained. He was going to see her again, finally. His father would be distraught, and he felt guilty, but he knew in his heart he himself was going to find some peace at last. He was sure of it.

Then steel met flesh. The latter put up little resistance. Steel pierced flesh and shed blood. The action took less than a second, and the late Steve Barnes' head fell to the ground, a rather neutral expression on his face. He looked almost restful, with his eyes already closed, and no particular expression of pain to be found. His body soon joined it, the last beats of his heart spewing a sickening volume of blood from the point where his neck once met his shoulders. After a few seconds, the beating stopped, leaving only a slow trickle to add to the crimson stain on the ground.

His body had given up. No dramatic last words. No clinging desperately to life. Just death.

Steve was no more.

Boy 152 - Steve Barnes - DECEASED

The Past

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply