Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Break Up And Break Down; Start of (the end of) G010
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:47 AM (9,874 Views)
decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Charlene continued from White Knight Nightmare))

Charlene had been slightly reluctant to be in front, but there she was. It was mainly due to a risk of repeating what had just happened to her before the announcement and taking more bullets (although when Jonathan shot her, she had severely lucked out due to Jon's bad aim and Alex's timely intervention). It was only because she didn't want to lose ownership of her gun, the only thing she had to defend herself with, that she agreed to walk a few feet in front of Alex and Hayley.

Next time an announcement comes, I better start leaving. This was, while a decent idea in some cases, self-advice she was likely to forget when she would actually have to call on it. She just looked around as the loud noise died down (that of the chainsaw originally issued to the now deceased Robert Lerger) as she walked towards the now ironically named "Fun Fair." The announcement was still echoing itself through her head, the name of one person continually coming back up.

Ivan Kuznetsov

Captain of the boys' tennis team. While Charlene hadn't ever been on exactly friendly terms with the guy, she didn't have any problems with him either. It wasn't the news of his death that got to her (although to be fair, he wasn't dead to start with), but the news of his kill. Was he really a stone-cold killer (the answer was no, but still, the question had come up in her head repeatedly). It was a question permeating her thoughts even more than the fact that she was starting to look a little messed up, what with having not done her hair or taken a shower or the fact that her left pant leg was only half there. Those thought were rationalized away by that little voice in her head she always forgot to follow - that of common sense.

It's not like you have much of a choice right now. Your looks can wait. Focus on not dying right now. She squeezed her eyes shut again as she drank the last of the water from the bottle she was holding in her left hand. There would probably be a little more in there, but a lot of it was used to lean Charlene's now dressed leg wound, which was still bothering her slightly as she walked - the formerly white hot pain was now at merely a dull roar, and would probably remain so as long as nobody touched it.

"Someone could be hurt over there." Charlene turned around at Alex's statement. The sound of a chainsaw was not one that was normally comforting to others.

"Yeah, or there could be a fight going on and you, mister I-got-shot-in-the-motherfucking-arm, need to not charge suicidally into things and in fact need to sit the fuck down and rest for a while, alright? Let's stay here for now. It seems to be pretty empty, if there's anyone over there they won't see us here, and if anyone shows up I'll get rid of 'em. Easy peasy. We're good. Now, I'm super hungry, so-" Hayley lowered herself and Alex to the ground as Charlene looked around. She didn't see anybody running around with a chainsaw (of course that meant nothing: she didn't see any of her 19 classmates die).

"Hayley?" Charlene turned her head to the source of the voice. It was some guy wearing glasses. another member of the Bayview Secondary senior class (duh), but other than that, she knew nothing about him.

"...K...Kyle?!" Hayley got up and ran towards the new guy. Charlene looked at the new arrival - about her height, pretty muscular, his face needed some work, but otherwise he was kinda cute. She almost tightened her grip on the gun in her right hand, but when Hayley and Kyle started hugging, she didn't tighten it, but it didn't loosen, either (It was a god thing she didn't see the gurka knife in Kyle's pocket - while Kyle wasn't planning on using it, it would have definitely made her slightly more suspicious of his motives).

Ugh. So sappy ... At that time, she wasn't really thinking about what would have happened if it was Thea or Acacia that had come on, instead of Kyle - it would have been the exact same thing, with Hayley or Madelyn possibly snorting at the fact. She did, however, resist the urge to snort in derision, noting that it would probably ruin their lovely reunion. Instead, she walked over to Alex, asking him one question as she crouched down.

"Do you know him?" she asked, motioning to Kyle. "Just wondering ..." While one might be suspicious at the question, in Charlene's case, the question was completely innocent - she actually didn't know Kyle - aside from his name of course, and didn't want to make this situation awkward (well, she didn't want to make it more awkward than it already was - being trapped in a death game made things awkward enough).
Female #16: Jaime Schanbacher; Status: ACTIVE 0
Female #42: Sabrina Luz; Status: ACTIVE 0

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

Survivor: The Cursed Islands

Mass Effect Mafia - PLAY AND WIN

SOTF Survivor 2 - PLAY AND WIN
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah. His name's Kyle. Hayley's boyfriend. Good guy. But then, I said that about Jonathan. Keep an eye on him. You don't know him ... and I don't think me or Hayley are capable of seeing him without bias."

Charlene looked over at Kyle. Charlene couldn't place what made Alex suspicious of Kyle (or rather, she didn't even bother to do so). Everything seemed okay. Subconsciously, Charlene had in fact segmented the entire senior class of Bayview Secondary School into three groups. The first group of people consisted of her close friends, as well as Alex, Hayley, and Madelyn. The second group consisted of anyone that attempted to attack her on sight, as well as Jonathan Jarocki. The last group consisted of everyone else - those she didn't know well enough to trust instantly, but could probably come to trust eventually. Kyle, right now, fit firmly into that last group. In fact, seeing the reunion between them made the bias that Alex was speaking about seem more like fact: if she had to compare Kyle to anybody she knew of, it would probably have been James Mulzet: just like James was an okay guy who was in a relationship with Thea, Kyle seemed to be a okay guy who was in a relationship with Hayley ...

"You! I can see you! Get the fuck out of here if you don't want to have your fucking head cut off! I'm not in the mood to deal with this murderer bullshit! I've had a long FUCKING night and anyone who tries fucking with me or my friends right now is gonna regret it so fucking hard, so DON'T. FUCKING. TEST ME."

Charlene looked at Hayley, who had started moving towards someone, who revealed himself, hands raised.

"It's cool, don't go axe-crazy, I'm not gonna attack you." Charlene relaxed. The guy seemed to be okay, if slightly grungy. He certainly could use some better clothes.

Unfortunately, Hayley did not seem agree with Charlene's assessment, and in the space of a second, everything became fucked up yet again. Hayley charged at the newcomer, ignoring Alex's shout of protest, and swung her sword, immediately separating the grungy guy's head from the rest of his body, only for Hayley to collapse about a second later due to the shock. Then at the same time, both Madelyn and Charlene reacted.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaauuuugggghhhhhhh!"

"What the HELL?!?!" Both Madelyn and Charlene were, to understate things, a little surprised at Hayley's act of aggression towards somebody who seemed as harmless as a toaster oven. If somebody had been observing Charlene's less important vital signs, the gauge of how close she was to losing the scant contents of her stomach was rapidly moving into the red.

"What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck?!"

Alex moved forward to the now-headless guy, as Charlene followed, the knuckles of her right hand now practically white due to the death grip she had on her gun.

"Steve Barnes. I played guitar with him a couple of times. Good kid. Religious. Wouldn't hurt a fly." As Charlene approached the body of the former guy that Alex was talking about, her eyes took note of the fact that Steve's head was about a foot away from his neck, and the slow trickle of blood, merely the conclusion to the spray of blood that had occurred when Steve had originally been decapitated, into the the pool of blood surrounding the body, that imaginary gauge immediately pushed itself to the breaking limit. Had this been a comedy, one would have probably shown something resembling the needle of a speedometer rapidly hitting the indicator of maximum speed before the glass broke.

In reality, Charlene's reaction was much less comedic. As she covered her mouth with her left hand, her right hand immediately went to her stomach as she sank to her knees and retched. It wasn't much, just some half digested bread in a sea of gastric juices, but as the liquid went through her fingers and she dropped the pistol directly in front of her, Charlene found herself, once again, in a state of shock:

Idon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodieIdon'twanttodie ...

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Sorry about the bad post. Studying for six hours straight does wonders for your creativity.))

The second that Charlene felt the bile hit her mouth, she knew she wasn't going to be able to hold it back. The chyme and gastric juices just flowed through her fingers once, and then once again as she heaved a second time. Kyle had said something ... she didn't really hear it or care to try to listen over the sound of her scant meals making an unscheduled exit from her body the wrong way. The first thing that she heard came from Hayley:

"H-hey, guys...I miss anything important? Heh..." It was quite shocking, to say the least, that Hayley would treat her actions so casually.

Oh, nothing much, you just missed yourself CUT OFF A GUY'S HEAD, YOU IDIOT! (He was unarmed. He wasn't a threat.) Are you fucking INSANE?!?! (He was helpless. He wasn't going to hurt anybody.) It was Madelyn that finally asked the important question:

"Why?" Charlene just picked her gun up from the ground, clutching it in her hand as she looked up at Hayley, still shocked at what just happened, waiting for Hayley to answer, or do something to justify what she had done.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
" ... I panicked. I saw...I saw the body, and I heard someone coming, and...I assumed it was gonna be whoever killed that kid, you know? I was just...scared. Scared someone was gonna come up here and try to do that to one of you. And I was never, ever gonna let that happen. So I attacked. Had to make sure whoever it was was gone before they could hurt you. Or me. So, um...I dunno if it was the best move, all things considered, but, heh, I'm not exactly the king of good fucking decisions, here."

That was Hayley's answer to all this. Of course, one could state that it was a game, but Charlene wasn't really having any of it. She was doing all she could not to lay Hayley out for what was essentially a pretty lame excuse (Charlene knew who Alex Rasputin was. He was on the hockey team, and she'd seen him around) for freaking out at somebody who wasn't going to hurt anyone.

"I...Can we go somewhere? Else? I'm kinda...sick of this place. Literally and figuratively. Is it okay with everyone if I go off on my own for a bit? I sort of need to...recover, I guess is the right word. We could figure out somewhere for us to meet up in the morning."

"Yeah. Sure. Take your time." Charlene responded, with a subtle undertext of "and don't come back, you psycho-bitch." Madelyn agreed as Alex looked at his map.

"The groundskeepers hut should be clear again tomorrow. We can meet up there at noon. If it's still a dangerzone tomorrow, we'll make it the mansion instead." He turned around, looking incredibly tense. "See you tomorrow."

Charlene finally stood up as she fished for another bottle of water in her bag, desperately thirsty as she dropped the gun in her bag to twist off the cap before taking a long gulp. She looked at Steve's body as she turned away from it. For a second, the thought of checking his bag crossed her mind, but she quickly shook it off. There was just too much blood for her to get any closer to the body.

However, truth be told, the reason Charlene turned around was because she was scared of Hayley. True, things had been tense before, what with having been shot at and being forced to run out of a danger zone, but Hayley hadn't even given Steve the chance to run away. What if it's me next? What if somebody comes after me like that? I can't be too careful.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To Charlene's relief, Hayley left the area without much fuss, along with Kyle (which was a little disappointing, but otherwise okay). Alex and Madelyn had struck up a conversation about the GPS that Charlene had picked up during their run out of the dangerzone known as The Greens. She wasn't really listening, as her vision had suddenly blurred for a second as she sat down (This wasn't a sign of anything other than exhaustion: She had been up for quite a bit). It was then that Alex spoke up:

"Alright, so, here's the plan: We wait here till tomorrow. We can easily hide out in one of these stalls. Two exits, one at the front with a big opening and a door at the back. Between that and this, we should be able to keep anyone from getting the drop on us." Charlene nodded. The idea of rest was sounding good to her right now, and had she not had a death collar around her neck, she'd have collapsed into a slumber right then and there.

"That is, if you're still with me on trying to get off this damn rock. I mean, look. We're probably going to fail. In fact, I'm pretty much certain of it. If you want to go off on your own, try and make you peace, hell, maybe even play, I'll understand. I can't. I won't ... and I need you. Both of you. One guy on his own crying for peace is a lunatic. Two people, naive optimists. But three? I reckon we just might have a chance with three." In reality, Charlene wasn't really listening to all that. She was with Alex for one main reason: he wasn't trying to kill her. The fact that he didn't seem to be a complete loser (cough, Jonathan Jarocki cough) was a bonus. Of course, she was also looking for her friends: Thea Kairos, Acacia Salinger, Aaron Hicks (no, wait, he had gone to visit some schools down south. Lucky bastard.) - mainly the popular crowd, but Thea and Acacia were the two big ones. She looked around. The sun was already going down. Charlene shook her head, trying to stay relatively awake and alert.

"Yeah. Sounds like a good idea. We can finally get some sleep."

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Memory GMing approved by Arscapi))

Charlene had picked up what she saw as the worst watch: the middle watch. With either first or third she got to sleep for six continuous hours. Here, she was stuck wit a gap that would leave her exhausted as hell. That was what she was thinking as Alex shook her awake.

"Your turn." In his left hand was the GPS. She took it from him, and watched as he fell asleep in a matter of seconds. This is going to be a long[/i] three hours.[/i] She looked at the GPS. Just three dots, close together. If what Alex said was true, those dots signalled the three of them. Charlene put the GPS in her lap and fished through her regulation bag for some food, pulling out a box of crackers and … a pamphlet.

BROWNING: THE BEST THERE IS She may not have known much (mostly because of her study habits), but it was clear that she had finally happened upon the owner's manual for the gun. Given that she didn't really have anything else to do, she opened the manual and started reading, using the GPS as a light ...

After about an hour, she was bored stiff. She couldn't really read through it anymore, given that all she really needed to know was the safety, the release button, loading, and firing the gun. She threw the manual back into her bag, finished off her second cracker, and zipped up her regulation bag as she went through her personal bag.

Towel, swimsuit, sunglasses, nothing much, except for one envelope … she opened it up to find various photographs. The first one was her prom picture … damn, she and Aaron Hicks had been quite the couple - at least Aaron was somewhat enjoying himself now, instead of being stuck in this hell hole. She flipped to the next photo, of herself and Aaron with Thea Kairos and James Mulzet, all of them smiling. James and Thea had been going out for quite a bit - she didn't really know everything, but they were pretty close - not as close as Thea was with Charlene, of course. The two of them had been best friends since second grade, and Thea was the only person Charlene could trust with her secret ...

"Hey, Thea." Charlene sat down at the lunch table, a salad and some water on her tray.

"Hey." Thea had just gotten out of US History, so she was in an okay mood. "You still off-kilter?"

"Yeah. Remember that party I went to a couple months ago? The one where I got drunk?"

"That's a bit vague. You get drunk at a lot of the parties."

"Basketball party." Charlene took a sip of water.

"That one. Yeah, the one where you were hung over and were like a zombie for two days. You never did tell me what happened."

"I got seriously drunk. So drunk that I slept with another girl."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. And I liked it."

"So, you had sex with another girl. Weren't you kicking yourself after you sobered up?"

"No. That's the thing. I keep on going back to her, and that night, and it keeps turning me on." Charlene was whispering now.

"Who did you have sex with that keeps turning you on, then?"

"… Rosa Fiametta." Charlene paused before admitting who she had sex with.

"Whoa. You had sex with Rosa Fiametta? You do realize she's had sex with half the school, right?"

"I do. But, still, I keep thinking out that night, and Rosa, and I think that I still like it because … because I've realized that I'm bisexual." Charlene finally spat out the crux of the argument.

"That's it? I thought you had cancer or something. I'v got no problem with that. Okay, maybe with
who you fucked, but not that you're bisexual."

Charlene breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good, but you must promise me. NEVER tell anyone about this.
Ever. If word gets out, it's over for me."

Thea thought about it for a second. "I don't see the problem with it, but okay. I never heard any of this."

"Thanks, Thea."

Those were the days. Her reputation, as opposed to her life, was on the line, but no big deal, her best friend had her back. As her three hours ended, Charlene could only hope that wherever Thea was, she was (relatively) safe. Charlene just got up, put her stuff back, and shook Madelyn gently, offering her the GPS.

"Hey, Madelyn. It's your turn." Charlene then lay her head down onto her personal bag and fell asleep.

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

decoy73
Member Avatar
Winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing of Alex Campbell done with permission from nowave))

Charlene was asleep when she the announcement woke her up.

"Do you kids know what makes Uncle Danya happy? ... when his beloved students are game for the competition. … The second day of our little competition saw twenty-one students bite the dust, buy the farm and shuffle off their mortal coils!" Okay. That was not good. She listened carefully in her groggy state for the names as Danya droned on.

"... Eleventh to die was one Steve Barnes, who found out that Hayley Kelly losing her head meant him losing his. ..." Seriously? That was how Danya unnecessarily reminded Charlene of Hayley's act? With a lame pun?

... Next to go down was the one and the only Jonathan Jarocki,who somehow got it into his head that running around and yelling and firing his gun like some kind of cowboy was a good idea. That one was actually a relief, as Charlene looked down at her bandaged leg. At least he's not going psycho on me again.

"Alright kiddies, all the current dangerzones are cleared. But, it wouldn't be any fun if we had none, so I'm going to go ahead and name The Infirmary, The Key and The Mans ..." Her attention was broken by a scream. Alex. Charlene walked outside, slightly irritated at his lack of consideration at the fact that they were all waking up.

"Alex, quiet down, I just woke up, I'm a disaster area and what the fuck is THAT?!" Alex had removed his jacket to reveal what looked like a black, gray, and green lump of ooze on Alex's right arm (Unlike Charlene's wound, which had stayed relatively clean, Alex's wound had become gangrenous). Naturally, it was quite disgusting, as Alex's flesh was literally rotting away while he was still using it. Then came Alex's statement on the subject.

"We need to find Hayley ... I need her to chop my arm off with that damn sword."

"Oh, shit." Charlene went and got her gun and bags, and for the second time in two days, she took Alex by the left arm, and carried him out. "We have got to get that shit off you." He had to be going crazy, talking about getting his entire arm amputated. Is he afraid he's going to become a zombie or something? (Actually, Alex's diagnosis was almost spot on. It would take a miracle for Alex to need anything short of a complete amputation now. In fact, given the progress of the infection, Alex was almost certainly a dead man no matter what happened.) All she knew was that Alex was in trouble.

((Charlene and Alex continued in Cleanliness and Loneliness))

((Sorry Clu, but I can't do that.))

V5 Characters

V4 Characters

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply