Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Break Up And Break Down; Start of (the end of) G010
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:47 AM (9,567 Views)
KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Where was she?

It was dark... and was she floating? Actually, no. Either she just got rested on the ground (if there was any) or it just materialized under her. She could barely remember how she ended up in the darkness. Was she dead? Or did someone hurt her really hard in gym? A steady pain was forming in her head, so either one of those could be it. And it felt... well, was she outside? It had that feeling of being outside, at least.

And, that's when she opened her eyes.

A bright flash of light hit her, almost blinding her. Anna Chase lifted her hand to her face, partly because of the light, and also because of the amount of pain going through her head. After a few seconds, she realized that the light was... the sun? That must have been it. She was also apparently lying on the ground. Did she fall asleep outside? Then why did her head hurt?

Chase lifted herself off the ground as best as she could, sitting upright. The world around her was now blurry. After a few seconds, she realized that she wasn't wearing her glasses or contacts. She padded her hands across the ground and her body, hoping that she had set her glasses beside her. But, it was nowhere in sight, or rather, touch. She was going to have to find out where she was without using her eyesight.

So, where was she? Chase rested her head against her hand, feeling a bit like she wanted to throw up. After a while, with a bit of difficulty, she decided to backtrack.

Think Chase, think!

She could remember that she was just about to get on the bus to take them to the class trip, and someone had ran up to her. Who was it? She knew it was male, but she knew lots of men in her life. Suddenly it hit her; Jon? Yes! That was it! They talked about something... what was it about... oh. That's right. Chase knew she wasn't very good at the whole dating thing. She had been a horrid girlfriend. And she was getting the feeling she was hurting Jon. If he hadn't been hurt yet, he would be in the future. Chase's dad had a very firm hatred of him, and would tell Chase at any opportunity that little fact. Chase cared very much about her dad, and often worried if he would get sick again, even just from stress. And Lexie... she knew very well that she didn't like him either. It didn't help that Chase didn't see her for a while. Very often, she worried that she was actually trying to avoid her. Very often, she would wish to see her again, and just... be friends again. Another thing that was bugging her was that she was always so nervous around Jon. Chase did everything she could to please him, but was never sure if it got through to him, or even if she was just being paranoid. Many of her early concerns about the relationship had already been resolved emotionally, but these new ones had cropped up.

And then the little incident with Dawne just made things worse for her... and for Jon and her as a couple. It cinched the fact that she wasn't a good girlfriend, and that she had to do something about that.

So, that day she had called it quits. Chase knew it had hurt Jon, but it was better than him to experience more pain as more time went by. And it had hurt Chase too. She never really did want to do that. But she did. She was tired of lying to Jon, of pretending to be something she wasn't. It did not last very long, but she knew it was... kind of nice. She genuinely enjoyed being part of the relationship. It just was that... well, she needed some time to think. Chase didn't see herself as being honest around Jon.

So, that was that. By the time Chase had gotten on the bus, she was single again.

But... that didn't explain why the hell she was on the ground with a massive headache! The last thing she could remember after that was Jon giving her a small box (what was it?), laughing at the busdriver's jokes and....

Oh no. Now she remembered.

She had taken her glasses off after she started to feel sleepy, but even with nearsightedness, she could hear everything. Was that really gunshots? Was that really the....

Oh god. Survival of the Fittest.

The one time she sat down and watched the airings, it was to see what all the fuss was about. And, well, she didn't like what she saw. One would be surprised to hear that from the horror movie fangirl, but there it was. It seemed pointless... and she had no clue why so many of her classmates would drool over what was essentially a... terrorist attack or something? But, she usually paid no attention to things in the news involving SOTF.

But, here it was, staring her in the face.

Did this mean she had to... no! She couldn't kill! Chase never saw herself as a murderer. Sure, she watched all those movies, but it didn't mean that she could just pick up a gun, and... and...

Something wet started to form around her eyes. Oh god, she was starting to cry, wasn't she? Chase lifted her arm again, this time to wipe her face on her sleeve, slightly smudging what was left of her makeup in the process. Crying did nothing. She had to get out of here!

But how?

Escape wasn't possible, they said. If they saw escape attempts, apparently it will be dealt with. She could barely remember the details, due to the headache that was coming on. So, now what?

Here Anna Chase was, alone, heartbroken, close to blind, and with a headache. And she was supposed to be a murderer?! Or else she will be the one killed?! She couldn't do that!

Chase continued to attempt wiping away the tears, but it wasn't as if she could just stop. Hell, she didn't even know where she was! She lifted her arm away, and squinted. Was that a tower of some kind in front of her? Well, if it was, it was an odd looking tower, red and gold, like a giant wheel. A ferris wheel?

No, don't be silly. Why would the terrorists take over an amusement park?

That was her only clue, and frankly, it was an extremely blurry one.

She really was going to die here, wasn't she?

No! Don't think like that! All she needed to do was stay calm. That's it.

Chase continued to look around, squinting a bit more to get a closer view of her surroundings. It actually, well, it barely helped.

Hesitantly, she lifted her hands to her mouth in a cupping manner, and, as loud as she could, even with the headache, she shouted out.

"Hello?"

She waited a few seconds, listening to her own voice echo. Did someone hear her? If they did, she hoped it would be someone "nice", as in, not killing. She would pray to god that it was one of her friends nearby, like Brendan, or even Dawne or Jon.

Please be someone nice!
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No reply.

Well, she was not sure if that was good or bad. But, in any case, it was worrying. She really was the only one here, and it was in a way more frightening than if anyone was indeed here. On one hand, someone could easily sneak up on her while she was pretty much without sight. On the other... it seemed kind of creepy to know she was the only one there. Chase almost expected to have someone suddenly come out and start attacking her. But to know that she was truly alone for the time being... it freaked her out.

Looking around, she noticed a black object on the ground. What was that? Her hands were hastily placed on top of it, and after moving her hands around, noticed that it seemed to be made of some kind of fabric. Wait, was this a bag of some kind? She found what felt like a small piece of metal on it. Oh! So this must be a bag indeed! It sure looked like one, at least, and it felt like one... maybe it was the thing they mentioned, the "daypack"?

Okay Chase. Don't panic. You will find your glasses or contacts, right? I mean... it's not like they are gone forever...

Chase's eyes started to water again, but she quickly moved her arm to wipe the tears away. Oh, how she wanted to cry. But, she always saw crying as something that people laughed at, and something that made her look pathetic. And she was going to be on live television!

Oh god... people were watching this... right?

Best not to think about that now. Maybe her red backpack was nearby, with all the stuff she packed for the trip. It had to be. Did they let everyone have their stuff that they packed? She could remember putting her glasses inside her bag, so they must be in there. But was it nearby?

Chase attempted to move away a few more oncoming tears, and once her arm moved away, squinted as she looked around to see if it was nearby. Or... maybe it was somehow inside the bag she was currently moving her hands around? That would be weird...

However, she heard someone approach her, and soon they started talking to her.

"Good evening"?

She looked at the source, turning behind her to do so, and saw a human-shaped blur. It had some sort of blue-ish color at the top (must have been dyed hair), and seemed to be a girl, judging by the shape of the blur and the voice that was talking to her.

Oh god, what if it was one of those killer types?! That was not good. Chase immediately leapt to her feet, and squinted at the blur that was now talking to her.

"Uh... yeah. Name's An-Anna. But everyone calls me Chase. It's kinda my last n-n-name, and I kinda like to be called that..." she blurted out. "You aren't the k-killing type, are you?"

Oh god, please don't be a killer! What would Chase do then? She was blind... didn't know where her weapon was... her head was still hurting... there was no way she could defend herself! It would be horrible! Heck, she didn't even know if that bag she had been touching was in any way connected to her, now that she thought of it! Heck, it could have been anyone's, including this girl's! Maybe that's why she approached her!

Maybe if this blur was nice, she could help?

"Hey... did you s-see a red backpack nearby? Because... I kind of want to check something inside it... I'm n-not sure if they let us have the stuff we p-packed. All I found was this b-bag..." She pointed at the bag on the ground. "And I'm not sure if it's mine, actually. I just remembered they m-mentioned something about stuff for the... you know... and I kinda... if you're nice... can you help me?"

She did not tell Blurry Person that she was currently unable to see that well. If she did, what if she took advantage of that fact? It would not be good at all, really. Heck, this might not be the best idea, now that she thought of it. Chase had not been thinking straight ever since she woke up, and maybe... she did something unwise? Her head still hurt, after all, so she could end up doing anything.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((GMing approved by Mimi))

Kitty (that was the blur's name) was indeed going to help her. But wait, was it all an act? After all, it wasn't as if everyone could be honest. Kitty.... that name did ring a bell. Chase guessed that she must have been in one of her classes. Kitty was laughing, and she was friendly, but what if she ended up, well, participating?

"Are you sure you aren't-" Chase started to say, but suddenly she could see another blur approaching. Who was that? But, it obviously wasn't good, as a few seconds later, it raised something, and said “Hands up, packs out, bitches”.

That gave her an idea of what was going on, and immediately Chase grabbed the black blurry bag sitting next to her, even though she was not sure if it was hers, and held it to her chest for dear life. As of this moment, someone was trying to take their stuff, most likely. And oh god, what if that thing that it lifted was a gun? It sure looked like a gun, judging by the shape of the blur. It was most likely a rifle. Oh god... someone was pointing a gun at them and asking them to take out their bags. They were getting robbed. And that, of course, was never a good thing.

Wait. Chase could recognize that voice. Was that Nancy? Chase didn't know her very well, but she knew enough about her to dislike her. In a way, she was a perfect demonstration of what was wrong with the world sometimes. She knew that "Gracie" had a bit of a reputation for being petty, cruel and greedy. Heck, it was common knowledge that she wasn't exactly a nice person. And so, of course, Nancy always looking out for herself, well, it wasn't surprising that she was going to play in the terrorists' little game.

Chase just sat there, frozen in fear. Oh, how she wanted to run! But, her body was not answering her desire to just bolt for it, and so, she remained where she was. After a few seconds, she glanced at the blur named Kitty, to see what she was doing. Soon enough, she could see Kitty's shape taking out a large green object of some kind, as a sigh came out from the blur. Chase had no clue what it was, until Kitty started talking again. Yes, that was indeed Nancy who was currently threatening them, and Kitty started explaining that it was a smoke grenade. Oh, so that's what that was. Chase stared at that green object. Was Kitty really going to toss that at her? What would happen?

"Uh..." Chase whimpered, and looked back at the blur she assumed was Nancy. "I hear those things can be quite dangerous, you know... can get quite hot...."

She knew Nancy would not step down even after seeing another weapon. Heck, Chase was scared of her wits, and once again wasn't thinking straight. But, she could see another blur walking up to their attacker. Was it an accomplice? Another attacker? Someone who could help them?

Chase got her answer when she heard a male voice from their direction, and Nancy replied with a "DON'T CALL ME NA--HURK!"

Apparently the blur had hit her with its... arm? Well, anyways, Nancy was now on the ground, having been hit over the head.

Chase, run! She's distracted!

She lifted herself off the ground, and she started to attempt to run past the two blurs. Since she would be busy with the other two, it was a good idea to run. As she burst past them, she could see a red and black shape resting a couple of feet away. Was that it? The shape seemed a little too odd to be her backpack. Of course, she could not see as well as everyone else right now, so she did not know that it was indeed it.

However, before Chase could get this information or get the hell out of there, she felt something tugging on her leg, causing her to fall to her stomach. Almost on impulse, she looked behind her, and saw another person shaped blur. Nancy?! Did she trip on her? Whatever it was, Nancy now was very close. Chase attempted to kick her away almost right away, though she wasn't sure if it would hit, seeing as she was still only a pattern of fuzz right now.

"GET AWAY!" she screamed extremely loudly.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chase felt her foot connect with Gracie's shoulder, very hard. She knew it would hurt, but right now all she was focused on was escaping. Oh god, she should have run the other way, she should have watched where she was going, she could have done any number of things!

People in the movies she watched, they always ran from the bad guy and would trip over something, only for them to be caught up with and murdered. Chase had always rolled her eyes at this trope, as not only was it tired and cliche, but it could be easily avoided by just looking behind her. But now? She had no reason to laugh, seeing as it was happening to her. Oh shit! She could have easily avoided this, she could have just gotten back up, she could have just done a better job at keeping herself alive!

Chase continued swinging her leg around, not knowing what was going on or anything like that. Eventually, though, she felt something sharp at the back of her head, and she realized that Nancy was tugging on her hair. Oh shit! She had her by the hair!

Nancy had apparently sat back up, bending Chase's neck back painfully. Her face contorted with a mixture of fear and pain, turning red and scrunched up. It hurt and she was going to die and she was blind and those people who always watched this were going to laugh at her and god knows what else! She couldn't die here! She had so many things she had to do, so many things she wanted to say! Chase wasn't a victim! She wanted to live!

Nancy had shaken her head a bit while still having her fingers intertwined very tightly, causing Chase to be disorientated further. She could hear her shouting to the boy who had attacked her if he could hit her a second time. She could hear Kitty talking, saying it didn't need to get messy, and talking to the guy who had hit Nancy, asking what was the bright thing to do in a sarcastic manner. Everything seemed to blur together even more, as if it was a dream she was having where Nancy Wainright was robbing her after they all had been abducted. Was that it? All a dream? No, it wasn't, the pain in her head and neck was telling her otherwise! Chase was even having trouble breathing from the odd angle her neck was at, for crying out loud!

Chase squirmed and struggled inside Nancy's grip, moving her arms and legs rapidly in an attempt to escape. After all, they were free! She wasn't sure if it was any use, though, as the grip Nancy had on her was very tight and the grip on her hair combined with her own movements only made things hurt further. God damn it, she was having trouble breathing, and her heart was beating like a drum!

"Let... let GO!" she managed to shout, trying her best to struggle her way out. Her voice came out in a loud, hoarse, and almost inhuman screech. "HELP MEE!"
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In some part of Chase's mind that wasn't replaced by fear, she could hear Kitty and the other guy arguing. It sounded very distant, but she could hear the other guy saying that he didn't attack Nancy for some noble purpose, or because she was a specific target. She could hear him rant at Kitty about how throwing a smoke bomb wasn't going to help.

So that was it, huh?

The revelation hit her like a bat over the head.

She wasn't going to be saved at this rate. Kitty and that other kid were busy arguing. And one of them seemed to care more about the gun more than her well-being. Chase was going to die here...

No! She can't die here!

She had a family, a home... friends! And it would be, well, she wasn't the type of person to get killed this easily! She didn't want to! And she did not want to give up so soon!

Not now. Not ever.

If she gave up so soon, she would be a coward. She had already done some pretty cowardly stuff in recent history, she had to admit, but it didn't mean she was going to allow herself to die!

Chase had so many things to live for. So many things to see. So many things to say. So many things to do.

She had to live.

For Brendan.

For Lexie.

For Dawne.

For Jon.

For herself.

Chase had stopped struggling for a few seconds, but soon after she noticed Nancy had stood up, she started up again, just as defiant as ever.

She was going to live, at any cost.

Nancy was talking again. Chase could barely make it out. It wasn't that Nancy was far away, it was that fear made it hard to process. It was as if some other part of her brain was listening, while her conscious self was elsewhere, curled up in the fetal position in the corner of her mind. What was Nancy saying? Something about her voice seemed... just as scared? No, couldn't be.

Chase felt herself being dragged away, in spite of her protests. She really had no clue what was going on. She knew she was being dragged past the kid who had attacked Nancy, but that was about it. It also seemed that Nancy had reached to pick something off the ground. Chase continued to struggle, until they went around a turn and...

Nancy let go?

Chase found herself looking at her attacker with a mixture of fear and confusion. What was happening? Chase's heart rate went even faster, pounding in her chest like a drum.

Then the blurry form of Nancy uttered an apology, and started running away while holding what appeared to be a bag of some kind and her gun from before. Chase could only stare in confusion, watching Nancy run off.

She only wanted the bag...?

Her bag. Nancy wanted her bag. "Your bag". Her specific words.

And then it hit her.

Nancy had her daypack. That was what she was putting her hands all over just before Kitty approached. Why didn't she realize it sooner?

A feeling of dread passed over Chase. Oh god... that had her weapon and stuff, didn't it? She couldn't defend herself now, especially while being unable to see. And what if her glasses were in there? What then? She was blind, truly alone, and completely defenseless.

"Nancy, come back here!"

She ran a couple of feet towards the fleeing blur of Nancy Wainright, but it was too late. Nancy was already far off, and soon she was only an extremely faint blur, that Chase could only see if she squinted very hard. It was no use, really. Nancy could see, had a gun, was much bigger, and seemed more coherent right now. Chase, on the other hand, was a petite girl who couldn't see, didn't have a weapon, and not only did she have a headache and couldn't see straight, she was scared out of her wits. One of the things that people found surprising about Chase was that in spite of her seemingly meek temperament and speech impediment, she was a lot more stubborn than she let on. However, even in her current state, she knew very well not to attempt a fight she was almost guaranteed to lose.

Chase just stood there in place, in shock. That thought was coming again... she was going to die very soon. Some a-hole was going to take advantage of her nearsightedness and lack of weapon, and then she would die some horrible death, aired for the viewing entertainment of people all over the country. This was how she was going to die, at a young age, with all opportunities taken from her. A shudder passed over her body. Not like this! If anything, she wanted to live a long happy life! And that was gone. Everything was gone.

Chase felt the tears build up again. It was so tempting... just to collapse and cry, waiting for her eventual death. Oh, how much she wished she could do that. But, even though she was barely trying to stop herself, they weren't coming for some reason. And so, Chase continued to stare off into the distance, trembling quietly.

No. She couldn't die. She refused to be killed.

She knew she wasn't prepared to kill, but even in this state, she knew that she was going to have to do a better job of defending herself. But how? No weapon, no eyesight.

And Nancy's parting words made no sense. Good luck? How? She took her stuff! How was she supposed to have good luck without anything? It only made her confused even more. Why did she seem so... afraid and apologetic? She had basically mugged her.

There was only one option she had now, and that was to return the way she came. Chase turned around, and stepped in the opposite direction.

As she walked, Chase felt as if she was a zombie. There was a certain feeling there, but she couldn't place her finger on it. It was as if nothing right now was real, and she was in a dream or was in a trance of some kind. Chase felt herself continue to tremble as she slowly walked, looking towards the ground.

What was there to do? Hopefully the contents of her backpack were intact, and not with Nancy. Hopefully she would encounter one of her friends very soon. Heck, even Jon was peachy. And hopefully, there was a way out.

There had to be a way out.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chase continued walking, until...

Was that shouting?

She looked up, to see a green, smokey looking blur several feet away, and if she really squinted, extremely faint humanoid shapes could be spotted. By the sound of things, it was a fight. She could hear what seemed to be a guy, threatening someone else.

Oh shit. Chase, run!

Chase quickly looked around, finding a tall wooden object right next to her. A stall of some kind, like in carnivals or marketplaces? Yes! Perfect hideout for the time being!

She quickly ran to it, placing her foot on the front, and hoisting herself over, only to fall on her face. However, Chase just laid there, holding her hands over her head, her face buried to the ground, and starting to tremble once again. She had to urge to lifted herself off the ground and look to see what was going on, but at the same time she just wanted to lie there until everything was over. It had to end soon, right? Soon it would be safe to come out again. But when? Will it ever be safe?

More shouting, and... was that a motor of some kind?

It took a few seconds before Chase could figure out what that was.

A chainsaw. They gave some psychopath a chainsaw, of all things.

In the past, Chase would joke around about such a thing as someone getting killed with a chainsaw. It had always been part of her nature, to be honest, to make light commentary of such things. But, never in her life did she ever expect to actually be this close to a chainsaw murder. Heck, she had been expecting to witness this thing only in some of the movies she watched. Chase would often call the chainsaw a "badass weapon", that made everything awesome.

It was funny how your perspective changed so easily, wasn't it?

As Chase laid there, all she wanted was for this to just be some kind of nightmare, conjured up by her own imagination. She would be woken up by Dawne or Brendan or some other person back at the bus, and then go on with her life. Oh, how she wished this was some sick dream her subconscious thought up. Things did seem to have that surreal feeling, and she still felt kind of numb, disoriented, and disconnected from her own body; just like a dream. Every part of her wished that was so.

And yet, Chase knew that it wasn't so. This was happening, right here, right now. And she told herself she was going to live, and that she will make it happen. All by herself if she had to. Right now, all she needed to do was stay where she was until it was over, right?

And so, Chase remained on the ground face first, clutching her hands to her head as if expecting a bomb to go off. It seemed as if centuries were passing by as she found herself listening to the shouting and the whir of the chainsaw.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whir. Whir. Whir.

The roar of the chainsaw continued for a lengthy period of time, until eventually it stopped.

What had happened?

Did... someone die?

Chase only had two close, actual experiences with death in her life before getting abducted. The first time she ever experienced death, she was nine years old. Her family had gone to a fair with a few close friends, and she enjoyed the rides, attractions, and games. She and one of her friends her age had played a game where they had to throw ping pong balls into a certain cup, and win goldfish. And so, the two children had gone home with a fish each. Chase tried her best to pamper her fish, always making sure to feed it each day and keep its tank clean. But after a few weeks since the fair, she had found the fish belly up and very much dead. And, of course she was devastated, especially when her mother explained to her that it had to be flushed down the toilet. Later that evening, her mother had taken the opportunity to tell her about death in a way a child of that age would understand and not be afraid. The second time she ever experienced death was when her father got sick with his heart condition. She could remember the phone call that her mother gave her to tell her about it very vividly. And since then, she often worried about her dad, often visiting him when he was in the hospital, helping him out when he needed it, and so on.

And so, Chase was not prepared for even just the sound of someone getting chainsawed to death just a small distance away from her.

She could hear someone approaching, and picking something up. The sounds had gone from feeling very distant to sounding like an elephant.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Wham! Something had been thrown at her, and landed straight on her back, rolling right off. It should have hurt, but her mind wasn't focused on the pain.

Someone noticed her, and threw something at her. That was not a good sign, at all. What if that someone was the guy with the chainsaw? What then? If there was any death she didn't want, it was death by chainsaw.

She couldn't think, though....

Everything was getting dark...

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Chase lifted her head at the sound. Was someone clapping? It sounded a bit too loud, though.

But, Chase got her answer. A voice- the same voice that had introduced her to this hell- started speaking. It told her, and presumeably everyone else still alive, that nineteen people were already dead.

Nineteen...

She put herself back up in a sitting position, and listened to what it said while placing her head in her hands. It started to list who died and who killed them, making fun of them all the while. One had apparently tried to remove his collar, one had gotten impaled on a fence, one had been burnt to death... it was very unsettling to know that her classmates really were dying.

And then the bastard told her that someone had went "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" on someone else.

Chase looked up at this. Someone really did die here. She didn't recognize the name of the victim (Robert Lerger, was it?), but the murderer was Alex Rasputin. She never knew him very well, but she couldn't have ever pictured anyone to be a chainsaw murderer. Sure, she often pictured her teachers and such as slasher villains, but those were daydreams she would think up during class. But, never would she have expected someone like this Russian monk fellow to be that kind of person.

The voice continued without a beat, describing a girl getting attacked with a saw, Amber Whimsy, the snoopy newshound, getting shot... oh god.

Chase put her head back into her hands again.

None of those people were ever particularly close to Chase. And yet, their deaths still impacted her. Each one of those people were those she had walked the halls of Bayview with and shared classes with. She could remember Amber trying to get dirt on each and every student. She could remember Ivan something-or-other, one of the apparent killers, being the captain of the tennis team. She could remember Reiko Ishida having a little fanclub or something, and how Sally Connelly was known for having a rivalry with her.

All these people she knew or heard about, either being killed or becoming murderers.

It chilled Chase right to the bone.

And so, the voice ended, saying that it will see the ones still remaining in 24 hours.

So that was that.

Nineteen people killed. And some of her classmates had turned into cold blooded killers.

But, at least Chase herself was still alive. And she didn't hear about any of her close friends getting killed...

Oh what the hell.

Even if she didn't know any one of those people personally, their deaths were extremely upsetting to hear.

As she started to shake again, she lifted her head out of her hands, and saw what had landed on her earlier. That was a bag? Her hands moved to it, feeling it. She needed supplies, right? Taking a deep breath, she searched for the zipper, and once she found it unzipped it, praying to god whoever had it didn't mind that she was looking through it.

Her things that she had brought on the trip were inside. It was extremely blurry, but she could tell.

Yes! Her things! Which meant that her glasses were in there!

A bit of searching (which was difficult with her nearsightedness), and Chase could feel the shape of her glasses case. Lifting it out, she smiled and opened it. She swore to god a heavenly choir was playing right now. Chase took the glasses out and placed them on her face, granting her the ability to see clearly once more. Oh god, these things were never getting off her face ever again! A quick look at the bag, and it was confirmed it was hers. Chase put the now-empty glasses case back, and zipped it back up.

So, now what?

The announcement made it clear. Either she was going to have to kill her classmates, or she herself would be killed. And neither sounded very pleasant. It was probably a good idea to get out of here, since she wasn't sure if the Russian monk fellow was still around, chainsaw and all. She looked over the side of the stall, and saw the "tower" she was looking at earlier. Yup, that was indeed a carnival she was at, judging by the ferris wheel. It wasn't so implausible after all, it seemed.

A quick look to one side.

A quick look to the other.

Pause.

She couldn't focus on anything else once she saw it. Heck, a pink elephant could have danced right at the top of the ferris wheel and she wouldn't have noticed. But, once she did, she quickly slid back down with a squeak.

When she heard the sounds of the chainsaw and the announcement some time after, she had assumed that it would be at worst someone getting their limbs sliced off one by one. But, it was worse, much worse.

Even though the sight disturbed her, she had to look again.

His torso was bloodied, and seemingly torn apart. What appeared to be various organs were shattered around him, climbing out of him like some sort of wild animal that had been living inside him. His eyes... so cold and lifeless, as if he had been in pain when he died. She could see the eyes, seemingly looking straight at her. Chase slid down once more, feeling a little ill, which wasn't helped by the fact that she was hungry and somewhat dehydrated. Oh god, this Russian monk bastard was sick. She placed her hand to her mouth, hoping she wouldn't throw up. Even as she wasn't looking at it, it stayed in her mind like it had been imprinted there. Oh god, why would someone do such a thing?

Out of here. She needed out now.

Chase quickly placed the strap of her bag over her shoulder, and lifted herself out of the stall. Everything seemed to be on autopilot, and soon, she was running away, out to the exit and not paying attention to anything else.

DeadchainsaworgansdeadRasputinRobertfuckfuckfuck!, her mind screamed as she ran.

Taptaptaptaptaptataptaptaptaptaptap.

((Anna Chase continued in So What Do We Do Now?))
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.

In Loving Memory

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Fun Fair · Next Topic »
Add Reply