Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
D-Day
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 10:27 AM (8,178 Views)
Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((rn "Dutchy Ayers continued from False Awakening))

"Dutchy" Ayers, was not actually born with the name Dutchy Ayers.

In truth, the timid Icelandic Boy was born rn Marksson on the island of Heimaey, the largest of the cluster of islands collectively called Vestmannaeyjar on the South Coast of Iceland. Despite moving at the young age of 4, rn, or Dutchy, could swear on his life that if he shut his eyes and felt the cool breeze, he could picture the town he was born in.

On Dutchy's 7th Birthday, his Father Marks had taken him on a trip to Eagle Mountain, to climb the trails and have a picnic. At the end of the day, the pair sat down and watched the sun set, admiring the beautiful forests of Minnesota in the twilight. His Father had turned to him, and asked him what he thought of the view. But Dutchy wasn't there. Dutchy was in Iceland.

"Helgafell er betri"

If it hadn't been for the accident, Dutchy would have never left Iceland. The call came in the dead of night, and within minutes, the family of three were packing their things and preparing for the long and unbearably tense flight to America. The abrupt departure left almost no time for goodbyes, not that Dutchy truly knew anyone. When he thought of it later, it made him sad regardless.

Magns Magnsson was Tinna's only brother. It had been not even a full day after the accident when they had arrived in the hospital. The hospital was white, unreasonably pristine. Dutchy remembered cotton swabs and out-dated magazines, and how his shoes clacked on the ground, irregardless of how fast he was walking. He tried to show his Mom a dance he'd made up, but she wasn't very happy. A normal 4 year old would have forgotten these things, they held no importance. But Dutchy remembered. Dutchy remembered how he had heard Uncle Magns before he had seen him, and he remembered the strange hissing sound as the machine pumped air into his Uncle's lungs. The burns were extensive, and a skin graft hadn't been performed yet. A mottled yellow, black and raw sinewy red. Blue veins, popping out beneath the skin. The crash had been so violent, even after the emergency surgery Magns' legs...

Wrong...

Popped and twisted, muscle ripped... a cruel mockery of what had once been...

Infected where it remained...

Marks and Tinna didn't realize the full extent of the terribly rash decision until that night when Dutchy had awoken drenched in cold sweat, bawling his eyes out. Dutchy wet his bed for the next two years, nearly every night.

He never ate meatloaf again.

Dutchy wasn't thinking of this as he sprinted down the beach. To be completely honest with himself, Dutchy wasn't thinking of anything. Nothing else at that moment mattered, safe for reaching his destination. His legs pumped furiously, trained from years upon years of soccer drills and he could feel the sweat on his brow. The figures were close now, he could see them.

He saw Bridget first. The parkour crazy girl, with the long beautiful red hair. His heart plummeted as he saw her. He'd liked her a lot once, and her accent was beautiful.

She shouldn't be here. Not her too! Not everyone, not everyone!

Dutchy's gaze swung to Sarah next, who was already down in the sand holding the girl, Oh God someone hurt a girl! and doing some first aid. Dutchy strained to look, but couldn't identify the girl. She was short and asian, beautiful brown eyes. He had seen her in the hall, heck, he'd seen her for the past 4 years but didn't know her name, she was screaming, gibbering in pain and Dutchy wanted to make her stop, needed to make her stop and help her feel better he ne-

Dutchy saw the blood, streaming from her shoulder. His legs gave out beneath him and he fell down a few feet from her in the sand, the med kit flying through the air and landing near the clustered group around the wounded girl. Dutchy began to breath very fast. It was suddenly incredibly hot on the beach. Tears once more began to flow down his face as he stammered, trying to stand, but failing. His legs wouldn't work. He could feel his stomach churning but he couldn't look away. It was grotesque, he wanted to be anywhere else in the world, but he couldn't look away.

"Ah... Ah... Ah..." He stammered, breathing in erratically at every pause. To anyone watching, it almost looked like the blond boy was going into a full on panic attack. He began to shake as he tried to stand, but his legs felt like jelly. He could feel what little food he had in his stomach come bubbling up and he unexpectedly threw up onto the sand. His thoughts came out in a mindless jumble that made him dizzy.

Oh no, no no no no! She's going to die! She's going to die! Not again! Not anymore please, anything! I'm going to- I can't stop it! This Island, I'm going to watch everyone I- I- She's pretty, she needs to stop shouting! She has to be okay, because it's- Stop! We need to get out of here! Don't hurt people! Help! She's- the blood, it's just- it's not like that! Oh God, please not like that!

Everything that had been put up in Dutchy's mind to block the sheer inhumanity of what he was now facing came crashing down underneath a tidal wave of raw emotion.
With one last cry, Dutchy collapsed in the sand bawling his eyes out, and not a thing in the world could stop him.
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dutchy had puked in the sand. The young Icelandic boy tried to raise himself up and was shook by another convulsion of sobs. He halfheartedly threw some sand over the puke, and tried to push his blond hair out of his face. It didn't matter, he had vomit in it anyways. And truthfully, at this point he didn't even really care. How could he care about puke in his hair when someone was just a few feet away, bleeding and...

"Gtiru... Gtiru..."

Dutchy managed to raise his head, to look around at the situation. The girl was quieter now. Everything was quieter now. Sarah was crowded around her, along with Bridget and other people, people he knew. Was she dying? Dutchy felt his heart pound at just the thought of it. He shut his eyes and lowered his head, breathing through his nose, trying to control himself.

Dutchy, you can't freak out. Your friends will be sad if you cry. This girl is probably scared, and you're not- you're not helping any! You need to help! But what can I do? I can't look at it, I can't-

Dutchy crawled away from the group towards the surf on his hands and knees. He removed his hat, throwing it over at Sarah's feet. She didn't seem to notice, obviously there was more important things on hand.

"Don't worry. We'll get out of here."

Jason's words rang in his head as Dutchy entered the surf. The water was cold, but he couldn't care less. He loved the cold. The pale Icelandic boy dunked his head into the cool blue ocean, and began to clean the vomit from his hair. He could feel goosebumps on his arms, and the water temperature sent a shiver down his spin. He stuck his head beneath the waves.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if I died right now? They blow my collar, and I collapse, the noise covered by the waves. Not a loud explosion, just a pop and then darkness. My body floats out to sea, and my friends don't have to worry about Dutchy. My body floats on the surface, all the way out to sea.

Dutchy was vaguely aware he had opened his mouth. The cold seawater entered his lungs.

There is an Island in the distance...

Dutchy jerked upwards, coughing up the cold water. A wave crashed over him, soaking him to the bone. He continued to cough as he sat in the surf rubbing his eyes.

What am I doing!? I can't give up. They're still there, my friends are still there! If I can make their day a little brighter, even now, after all this... If I can help them, if I can get everyone back home and safe and happy...

Dutchy stood up and stagged back in. He pulled on his wet orange t-shirt and laughed at the squelching noise it made. Dutchy shook his head, water flying this way and that.

It's like a shower with my clothes on...

Heading over to Sarah, Dutchy retrieved his KNVB hat and placed it on his head. He looked around at the group. Bridget, Sarah, Brendan... The girl. The hurt girl. Dutchy leaned down close to her, keeping his eyes locked on her face, sympathy etched in his gaze. He didn't dare look down towards her arm lest he be sick again. Butterflies flew in his stomach.

"Hva segir ? g heiti 'Dutchy', Hva heitir ? Don't worry. You're gonna be okay. I'm going to make sure you don't get hurt anymore, and I'm going to help you get out of here."

You will reach your destination even though you travel slowly....
V5
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dutchy smiled faintly down at the girl, she looked like she hadn't hear a word he had said. He closed his eyes as he stood up, taking pains to avoid glancing at the wound. Despite his best efforts, he felt his stomach churn as he wobbled to his feet once more.

Just don't think about it Dutchy, don't think about it, be strong Dutchy, you can't think about the...

Dutchy gulped and opened his eyes again. Roland was in front of him, making his way out of the surf. The boy looked rather irate, and very confused. Moreover, he was shivering like crazy.

He's mad, is he mad at me? I hope Roland isn't mad at me. After all this- this stuff today, I don't want to make him mad on top of all of it...

"BRENDAN! GET BACK HERE!"

Roland cursed and Dutchy flinched. He looked back over his shoulder, and confusion began to fill his face. His friend was nowhere in sight. Suddenly, the beach began to feel rather isolated. There was another boy who was helping with the hurt girl. Where had he gone? And where was Jason? Had they gone to get help? But that didn't explain why Roland was mad...

Brendan left? Why did Brendan leave..? Brendan wouldn't leave us! He's my friend, he wouldn't turn around and abandon us...

The beach suddenly felt very empty with his friends absence. Dutchy quickly made his way over to Roland, checking the tree line for the others. His heart sank as he saw no movement. A crazy hope filled him for a brief second, a hope that this wasn't real after all, that this was just a vivid dream and his friends had suddenly vanished from it, whisked away back to real life. If only... But Dutchy knew. He knew, and he couldn't simply wish it away, it would always be there, lurking in the corners. Reality. The bitter reality of what was happening, what was TO happen... No matter how hard he could wish, he was here. He was here and his friends needed him... But where were his friends?

"Roland... Roland, where did Brendan go? And Jason? They, did they run and get help?" Dutchy asked.

Before the other boy could respond he already knew the answer from the look on his face. He looked down at his soaking wet clothing, then up towards the equally soaked Roland.

"Uh.. heh, I'm sorry if you got wet on my account Rolly..." He said, giving a timid laugh. The waves crashed in and out, Dutchy looked around back towards Sarah and Bridget. He felt his stomach churn in time with the waves once more. He looked away, back towards Roland

"S-Sh-he'll be okay. Sarah is really smart, s-sh-, the girl, she'll be fine. Trust me Roland. She's gonna be just fine..." He glanced back at the girl, she had stopped fighting as much. Was that good? He closed his eyes, turning back towards Roland.

She IS going to be just fine Dutchy. She is.

"So... I guess, it's just the fo- five, five of us then."

She's going to be fine Dutchy. She's going to be fine.

"We... we should probably, we need to get out of here. Off this island. She- she'll need medicine... We need to find a, a harbor or something, a boat, some way to signal people..."

She'll be fine Dutchy, she's not going to die. No one is going to die!

"Sarah has a map... we, we probably do to. Our best bet is to find some place, some place maybe with.."

His gaze went back to the wounded girl. He shut his eyes once more. He suddenly didn't feel so good. He wobbled slightly.

Stop looking at her! Your friends need you, your friends need to help HER because you can't! You can't even think of a rescue plan, they don't need you fainting at the sight of her.... her...

"We need to get a boat... we, we need to escape. But the collars... It's like a nightmare. There's no way we can go anywhere out there, the only map we have is of the Isl-"

Cameras.

Dutchy froze. Something clicked in his mind. He looked towards Roland, realization dawning in his eyes.

"Escape... escape is impossible. We can't escape Roland. We can't get out of here. But what if we don't NEED to get out of here...? What if we're looking at it from inside the box, when we need to look out...?"

Dutchy, you're a genius.

He scrambled over towards his bag laying in the sand, unzipping it as quick as he could. He threw the rest of the contents out onto the sand, throwing them around like a madman.

Map! Mapmapmapmapmapmap gotta find it!

As Dutchy threw away a blanket of some sort, his eyes locked on his target. He grabbed the sheet of paper, flipping it around to look at the layout.

Will it work? It'll work! I just know it'll work!

"Roland! I have a plan! I have an idea!" He took off running down the beach. "Follow me!"
Edited by Little Boy, Sep 3 2010, 10:16 PM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The wind whistled past Dutchy as he ran up the beach, Roland in hot pursuit. Dutchy was oblivious to his surroundings, nothing mattered at the moment except how fast he could go. He clutched the map in his right hand, he couldn't let go. He wouldn't ever let go.

Because this isn't the end. I'm going to save everyone. It's going to work.

As Dutchy reached the treeline, he spun to see Roland gaining on him. The sight of the boy following him made Dutchy smile despite the dire situation.

There is always hope, there is always light. I'm the light, for everyone here! I'm going to save that girl! I'm a hero!

"Hurry Roland hurry! I've got it, I've figured it out! Imagine that, out of everyone here- Me! I beat the game! WE beat the game!"

He frantically jerked his head back and forth, looking at the nearby foliage. They had to be around. They simply had to. Dutchy fell to his hands and knees, frantically brushing aside the tall grass in a desperate search. After what seemed like eternity, Dutchy spotted it. A black box, a red light on the top. It lay in the grass, nearly entirely obscured. Dutchy looked out towards the beach.

A clear line of sight. A perfect spot, I've found it, I've found a camera!

"J J J J J!! Roland! Come on!"

Dutchy scrambled on his hands and knees over towards the camera. Sitting in front of the small box, Dutchy brushed some stray branches and leaves aside, moving in front to block the view of the object. He looked down into the lense, smiling broadly.

"Got you! Roland, come on!"

He beckoned the other boy to his side before turning back to the camera. He reached up, pushing his still wet hair out of his face. He was shaking near uncontrollably. He stared back towards the camera, waving at it and grinning an infectious smile.

It will work. They all were thinking backwards, but I've cracked it.

"Hallo! Gaman a kynnast r! Dutchy, my name is Dutchy! I've got something to say- something to say to everyone! It's really important, you all need to be watching, okay? It will only take a second of your time, please, be patient with me! Takk fyrir!"

Dutchy looked up towards his friend. He beckoned him once more, moving out of the way of the camera so it captured Roland.

"You see this? This is my friend Roland! He's my buddy, and he's here with me and the rest of my friends! Wave hi Roland! Man, isn't he beautiful? I could kiss him right now. Sarah is here too, she's fantastic, and we're doing all right,- but not for long. We're stuck here, and- you see that thing on his neck? You see it?" Dutchy paused momentarily, leaning back into the camera's view to show his own collar, metallic and cold against his skin.

"I've got one too. If we don't do what they tell us, BOOM!" He gave an awkward chuckle. "Boom! Y-You know. It's not really that funny. Not funny at all. Death isn't..." He stopped momentarily. He gulped, his face softening.

"Death isn't funny. None of this, this isn't funny. But that isn't going to happen. No, no no. No one is going to die here. And you know why?," He took a deep breath. "Because I SAID SO. I'm going to save everyone. Danya, you may be laughing now, but I've got a message for you. Hatred-, it doesn't cease with hatred. You can't hope to win, you don't even know what you want! You can only stop hatred with love. And that is why in the end, no matter what happens, I will win! We will win! I'll save everyone, and I'll see Iceland! You get it Danya? Even if you get me, you won't get them! I'm going to get them home!"

Dutchy had barely realized it, but his voice had gradually risen to a shout. He was crying again, but for the life of him he didn't understand why. He leaned back out wiping the tears from his face. He chuckled.

"I love everyone and that isn't a lie- but even I don't like you Danya. Hey, everyone, you know how sometimes- sometimes you hear something weird, some saying, and you can't for the life of you remember who told you it first? Like um, a dime a dozen? I don't even know what that means. They're called idioms I think. Or- or, like, what's another? Haste makes waste! Weird things like that. I've got one of those! And I'm gonna show you it! I believe they call it, 'An Ace in the Hole'!"

Dutchy whipped up his map, pressing it up in front of the camera. He began to laugh a startling high pitched laugh, smiling.

"See this?! LOOKLOOKLOOK. This is where we are! This island! WE ARE TRAPPED HERE. Now, I KNOW some of you are watching tapes right now, or live TV or whatever. I KNOW the good guys are watching too! Pause it right now, this is all you need! We can't get out, we can't escape, but that's the wrong way of looking at it! We're trapped in the box with no key, but you're on the outside looking for the box! HERE IT IS! I just gave you the box! There are over 3,000 satellites orbiting earth, and we're trapped on a remote island somewhere in some, well, one of the oceans. When you think about it, that kinda narrows it down, dontcha' think? Now hop to it! Find this island! Show'em who's boss! RAH RAH! FIGHT THE POWER!"
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

Little Boy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dutchy's smile widened at Rolands' words as the pair began to make their way back up the beach towards Sarah and the others. He could feel the gears in his brain churning, he felt as if another genius breakthrough was only moments away.

This will work, they didn't expect that! Roland and Sarah, and everyone, EVERYONE is going to get out of here.

He bobbed his head as he walked, water still dripping from his blond hair.

"The way I see it, it's possible to google map everything. So I mean, an Island? No sweat! It'd be hard not to find it if they put enough manpower into it. Danya wouldn't give us an incorrect map, that'd be bad for his... his ratings. And I mean, the plants an' stuff! Surely the flowers and trees are specific to only a certain area. We should find someone smart with that, like Brooky! He could be able to tell us more. J j j, this is going to work!"

This is going to WORK.

He scratched his head in thought as he continued towards the others. The wounded girl seemed to be moving now, and Dutchy was overjoyed. He felt his stomach churning at the thought of her wound, but he closed his eyes until the feeling subsided.

It's not like I have anything left to throw up anyways

"We should get something to eat soon! I kind of sorta' threw up earlier, sorry about that." He said, looking towards his companion. He paused for a second, before continuing.

"I just thought of another thing! These things.. the, the, collars.. speakers. They can hear us I bet. If we're going to get out of here, we need to do it without talking. If that makes any sense. Well, talking, but without talking. Gur, yes?"

You can do this Dutchy, you've done more than you would've thought you were capable of. You need to stay up, you need to keep calm, and keep YOURSELF, for them. The last thing they need is a sad Dutchy, and that's one thing you can make sure to avoid...

Suddenly, the world seemed to slow down. Ahead of the boys, Sarah fell down in the sand, curling into a ball and letting out a ghastly shriek. Dutchy's heart jumped out of his chest and suddenly he realized he was moving, running at a great speed towards his fallen friend, his fear of the other girls wounds forgotten. Sliding in the sand on his knees, Dutchy was mere inches from colliding with Sarah, the girl shook with her sobs and Dutchy felt himself begin to tremble, terror building within him.

Not again Dutchy, not again! Come on, come on stop this! Nei nei nei!

"Sarah! Sarah-, I'm here, I'm not gonna leave! It's alright, don't worry, you're safe! We're safe! Sarah, stop crying PLEASE, I can't stand to see you cry!"

What's happened? What the heck is happening, what's wrong!?

Dutchy felt a tear begin to leak out of his eye as he sat near the crying girl, trying in vain to cheer her up, his heart pounding with every wracking sob his friend made.

I can do this, I can help, I need to do this, I need to help...

((Dutchy continued in Dimer))
Edited by Little Boy, Oct 23 2010, 06:38 PM.
V5
V4 / Mini's

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Beach: East · Next Topic »
Add Reply