Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Droplets; G063 - Ericka Bradley start - TOPIC CLOSED
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 08:46 AM (3,458 Views)
Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
Alex's eyes snapped open and ravaged his mind for a comprehensible thought. His mind screamed the video, his capture, his fate. Damn, D...that dick is going to pay for this. He had to find out what the asshole had assigned him. With small movements, Alex grabbed his pack and slid his hand through the folds.

Map... first aid kit... pill box... eh?

He slid it quietly out of the bag and saw the generic 'CAFFEINE' label. Alex could have got worse. He scanned the small opening he had been dumped in. He could smell the sea. He slowly clambered onto his feet.

Danya has my friends turned against me, and my enemies will hunt me with a passion.

Either way, Alex had to hide. His jeans (or skin, for that matter) would not be helpful at all, the colour they were. He grabbed the soil beneath his feet and rubbed them into his jeans, and hands also applying a fine layer of sand.

With a sigh, Alex grabbed the soil again and began to smear it on his $100 hair and carefully cleaned skin. The whole process took him a few minutes. His hands and clothes were the right colour but he needed to see his reflection to get face and hair the correct shade of brown.

He turned toward the sea and walked slowly towards it, back arched like a cat. He watched his footing, dancing through a field of noisy obstacles. There it was.

The sea appeared to him in all it's glory.

SNAP!

Alex grimaced at his own foolishness and dashed for a mossy tree, a short distance away.

'Wh-Who's there? I was assigned a gun and I'm not afraid to use it.'

Alex opened his mouth to speak.

'I don't want to hurt you! ...I'm...Rena? Rena Peters! Who...who are you?' another voice called across the beach.

A pair of girls, one with a gun. I need that gun, but I won't kill that girl to get it...

He needed to lure them over here. That gun needed to get closer to him.

'DON'T SHOOT! I'm stuck!' Alex cried at the top of his lungs. And without a further movement, camouflaged amongst the thin moss.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
'Where are you?'

Alex slow breathing quickened slightly as the "Rena" girl entered carrying a huge club. Stupid name... where is the other bitch? Her effective range is at least a tenth of normal by her inexperience. Unless he had found a pistol shooting champion.

The girl plodded around aimlessly, his camouflage was perfect in this area. However, no camouflage can protect you from a gung-ho tree hater or the surprise of being discovered.

'Where are you? Who are you?'

She stopped, protected by the open space between the trees. He couldn't see the bitch with a gun and hoped she was still on the beach. If she flanked him and nudged him, the gun would discharge and probably kill him.

He wouldn't be forced on the back foot. Alex wanted them to expect a sniper or a gunman. Hopefully, fear would draw them together and he would disarm the bitch and run. And if that didn't work, the large stones at his feet offered him more possibility of survival than a caffeine high.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
((Understood, removing GM.))

Alex shuffled out of cover in silence and peeked through the trees. The girl with the gun was leaving... It had been a completely wasted effort. However, that club could come in handy.

I can't expose myself now, she'll shoot.

He turned to Rena, who was still facing away from him. He was silent and he prepared himself for a fight. He took one crouched step, then another, then another. The girl started backing towards him. He stopped and exposed his full height. She would step back into his restrictive embrace.

Don't turn around, that's it closer, closer... got'cha

His right hand would grab the club. His left hand would shut her up. Alex gulped and prepared himself. He looked over his shoulder, hoping steel sights were not trained on his torso or head. Alex wanted to shut his eyes and hide again, but it was too late. He had committed himself to attacking Rena. A woman. Alex had never hit a woman in his life.

I am not dying here!
Edited by Syph, Aug 11 2010, 07:31 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
Rena backed straight into him and Alex's hesitation had destroyed his attempt at restraining her. She had turned to face him, and looked very calm. The club hovered by her side, without a hint of aggression. Rena was good at hiding her fear. Very good, in fact.

She fired a quick glance past him.

'Wait! Wait. Everyone stop. Let's not get this out of...out of hand.' she gulped. 'You both know I'm Rena...so who are you?'

Alex froze and panic flashed on his face. The rims of his glasses wouldn't hide the expression of terror on his face.

Oh god, she isn't behind me, is she?

Alex had to lunge for the club. If the girl with the gun was behind him, he was dead anyway. He would choose his moment wisely. Alex could not make a mistake this time.

'My name is... Alex...' a quick glance over his shoulder revealed no-one. '...Alex Seymo...'

He launched himself at the club hoping to rip it from her grasp, if Rena had a tight grip or quick reactions he would be on his knees at her mercy. It was last chance saloon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
(GM Approved)

Alex turned on his heels, now regressing into a barbaric animal. He needed her club for his defence, or something else. A distraction could work in his advantage, but... Alex then noticed the gun and saw it pointed in his general direction. The bitch was here. His plan could work if he could have a quiet word with Rena.

He charged at her again and this time grabbed her, dragging her out of earshot to behind another tree while she struggled intermittently. Alex pushed her into the tree and leaned in close to her. Rena's hair stroked his face as he whispered.

'You are going to help me get that girl's gun. First, you chase me away... then you distract her so I can grab her from behind!'

The violence of the event then caught up with him, triggering repressed emotions of sorrow and regret. His father would be so disappointed. The animal inside had escaped, an animal that society had locked away for good reason. In hindsight, was the animal really locked away. Was the difference between man and beast a loaded gun? It was a difference that would change his power on the island considerably.

'If you try anything, you will die. Agreed?'

Alex took a slow step back and prepared to race away from Rena, a defeated animal. Recalling his most extreme moment of pain; being thrown from horseback the year before this nightmare began. He howled beckoning Rena to chase him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syph
Inactive
[ * ]
Alex swiftly darted into the forest, noting that the girl with the gun was still nowhere to be seen. He remembered what his father had taught him. The principles of the hunt were to identify, stalk and attack.

He imagined himself as a lioness (male lions being lazy). How would he approach? From behind? From a flank? So many questions.

Without a sound he dodged through the trees until he spotted the girl. He couldn't see the gun from where he was crouched. He sprinted to a closer tree, taking tiny steps to avoid pebbles and branches.

Alex fired a look around the tree. He smiled as he watched Rena emerge from the trees. His plan would fall together into his hands. Then he would strike and escape. Alex remembered his caffeine pills but decided against taking one. They would be more useful during the night.

All he needed was a few seconds to approach and a strong grab to the throat. He would throw her to the floor and take the gun.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Woods: Coastal · Next Topic »
Locked Topic