Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mirror Mirror; Topic Closed
Topic Started: Aug 8 2010, 06:06 AM (6,106 Views)
Badb
Member Avatar
Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((B020, Dave Morrison.))

David Morrison, known to his friends as Dave and soon any fans he'd pick up on his run of Survival of the Fittest as B020, Was pissed off. Pissed off and stuck in a hall of mirrors.

Of ALL the God-damned places to get stuck.

"ARGH!"

The angry yell startled David, making him break into a run. A run that lasted until he almost ran into a mirror, only stopping himself by putting his hand out in front of him.

Alright, rushing around in here's only gonna lead to me running into something and busting my face in. I gotta keep slow and stay calm.

Dave slowed himself down, trying to keep himself moving around at a more gentle pace. He heard various bangs and crashes around the building, and guessed that more people were in there. He hoped however, that it wasn't anyone that was playing right off the bat, or whatever the term for it was on the show.

"Hey!" David shouted, as he heard another crash "Anyone there?"

Dave shone his torch around the room, looking for the source of the shouting and the crashes, but he caught nothing but hundreds of his own reflection.

Halls of mirrors had always creeped Dave out as a kid, even in the daytime, so a darkened one really didn't help matters much. Neither did the fact that the door closed behind him as soon as he walked in. Dave checked that he had the pissy little kitchen knife that was his assigned weapon in the pocket of his combats, and carried on walking forwards.

Shit. I knew it was a bad idea to come in here.

Dave wandered around for a little while, trying to discern what was a reflection and where he could actually walk. It was a painful few minutes of bumping into mirrors and catching his bag on the corners of them.

"Hey?!" He repeated. Now he was further in the building, he guessed more people would hear him this time. "Anyone around here?!"

He carried on, eventually coming to some emo-looking chick, who looked like she was venting a frustration at a reflection of herself.

Dave kept his distance. She was angry, and angry definitely wasn't good, if the little SotF Dave had watched was anything to go by.

"Hey," He said, his voice much quieter now. "What're you shouting about?"
V5:
B035 - Ray Gilbert - DECEASED - Guy Fawkes Mask - Too Far Gone
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

[18:10] <Laurels> WWJD? Fuck corpses, apparently

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dave put his free hand in his pocket, wanting to keep his knife closeby in case the emo chick decided to take her anger out on him with the crazy triple nunchuck thing she was carrying.

When she turned around, Dave could see why she just went postal on a mirror. Aside from what must've been her 'gothic' smudged make-up, her hair was covered in chunks of puke and god knew what else she'd put in it.

God, she looks like a fucking mess right now.

"What do you THINK I'm angry about? You have three guesses. First two don't count. And the last one involves a fat slob."

"Oh man, I don't think I know this one..." Dave said, getting ever so slightly pissed off by the emo chick already, despite the fact he'd only just met her. "Give me a second to think this one through, alright? I wanna use my guesses wisely and all that crap."

"Right, so my first guess is that you're pissed off 'cause the lead singer of your favourite band is going out with some chick that ain't you." Dave said, slowly walking back, trying to put some distance between the two of them. "Second guess is that the shiny collar 'round our necks ain't fashionable this season."

"Right, so I guess now's the one that counts, right?" Dave was backing off much quicker now, having no idea how she was gonna react. "You're pissed off you got thrown on the trip at the last second and ended up in this shit when you could be at home listening to MCR right now?"

"Oh, by the way." Dave said, backing off a bit more. He figured he could never really be too careful about that. Scrawny emo chick or not the weapon she was holding had quite a range. "You've got puke in your hair."
V5:
G029 - Zoe Leverett - DECEASED - Machete - To Really Be Alone, To Pick At All the Bones
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

[15:16] <Naft> My college once nearly burned down because someone tried to make a bong out of dollar bills and the fire alarm didn't work

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
((Wait, when the hell did I give permission to change post order?))

"Hey, you okay?" Dave said. The emo chick was... humming? "That a song?"

The emo chick started laughing like crazy. Insane crazy. Not the good, Gnarls Barkley, badass music crazy. For Dave, it was more the, get some distance between you two before she tries to ram the nunchucks up your ass crazy. And that definitely wasn't on his plans.

Well, that answers my question.

Dave took a couple more steps back for good measure, his back pressing against a mirror. The emo chick stopped laughing, grinding her knuckles into her eyes, crying like mad and reciting some more godawful poetry. Any fear Dave had for her vanished as soon as he'd heard the poetry, or at least that's what he thought it was. It definitely wasn't self-help tips, that was for sure.

"God, you're depressing the hell out of me." Dave was convinced now she was putting this on. "You almost make me want to cut my wrists."

Suddenly, Dave heard a trumpet note along with the distinct sound of someone running.

Oh great, we got a Texas Trumpet Massacre. Just my frigging luck.

Dave turned and saw a frigging huge figure approaching. Dave shone his torch towards him, looking up and seeing a somewhat familiar face. He'd been in a couple classes with him, but couldn't quite attach a name to him.

"Shit, Roland?" He asked, just expecting to be corrected if he'd gotten it wrong. "It's Roland, right?"

Then, suddenly, the emo chick snapped. She dropped her bags and linked up her nunchucks, before turning her attention to Dave.

Oh shit.

"Bitch!" Dave yelled, as the emo chick screamed something and tried to shove him through the mirror or some shit. "Get the fuck offa me!"

The emo chick launched herself at Roland, stick raised in the air and shrieking like a banshee. Dave had no damn idea what was going through her head at that moment, but he really didn't like her chances against a guy the size of a coke machine.

"The fuck are you doing?" He yelled, turning away from the imminent sword impalement that was gonna occur, seeing a girl just staring at what was going on.

"Well," He said, hand still in his pocket. "I'd definitely stay outta this one."
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Yeah, I'd definitely say this'll en-" Dave heard a loud thwack and turned around, just in time to hear Roland cuss like a sailor and throw the emo chick into one of the mirrors.

"Holy Fuck!" Dave really couldn't think of anything else to say at that point. He quickly took his hand out of his pocket and jogged after the slightly more sane girl, who seemed to be rushing towards the emo chick. He stopped just next to her and looked down.

"Well," Dave looked around at Roland and the slightly more sane girl, before looking back down at the emo chick. It almost looked like she was out cold. "Maybe that'll knock some sense into her."

The slightly saner girl raised ...a trumpet? to Roland's neck, and Dave couldn't quite make out why Roland looked worried until he stepped to the side. Dave could suddenly see the reason he looked worried.

...That trumpet has a fucking bayonet on it.

"Shit, You'll take someone's eye out with that thing." Dave took a step back in case she decided to swing the damn thing instead of stabbing him in the neck.

Roland brought up the idea of teaming up, and Dave had to agree. The slightly saner girl seemed surprisingly up for it, given she was holding him at trumpet-shiv-point, but Dave guessed she could be trusted for at least long enough to get out of the goddamned mirror maze.

"Alright, I'm down with that, I guess. Strength in numbers and all that." Dave put his hand back in his pocket and felt for the knife. He managed to cut himself on the blade when he stuck his hand in, but he tried not to show it. No need to startle anyone and getting a sword, trumpet-shiv, or crazy triple nunchucks to the gut. "...just so long as Little Miss Sunshine over there ain't part of it."
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hate to say it, but you guys are right. She's a liability. There's no telling when she could pull another Leeroy Jenkins and get us all killed. She should be fine here until she wakes up..."

"Well, she can be a liability to the poor bastards who bump into her next, then." Dave looked around. Most of the noises had stopped now. He figured that if anyone else had been there they'd either packed up and left before they got there, or were still unconscious. "At least if she's unconscious she can't hurt anyone else, although I'd probably bet she's gonna go postal on her wrists with a razorblade after that one."

The slightly saner girl put the emo chick's pack under her head as a pillow, which struck Dave as sort've strange, really. He'd have thought she'd have taken it and found some other crazy musical instrument to turn into a lethal weapon.

"Not gonna take anything from her pack?" Dave asked. He wasn't really up for it, the emo chick probably didn't have anything of use aside from her triple nunchuck, and even that had sort've just been proved useless. "I mean, I wouldn't, but I wasn't sure about you guys... Sort've looked like something you'd do, is all."

Well, I guess that didn't win me over any points. Way to go, Stereotyping is awesome and all that shit.

Dave shrugged and waved goodbye to the unconscious emo chick, despite knowing full well she couldn't see him, before turning back around, just in case she was putting it on. She still hadn't moved, so Dave guessed she was out cold. He briefly took his hand out of his pocket, wiping the small trickle of blood from the tiny cut on his finger, before quickly taking the knife out and putting it back into his pocket, this time blade first.

"Fuck this, you know where I stand. I highly advise you come with me, I'm your best chance from here on out."

"Shit, man." Dave said, as Roland walked off. "Wait up, I'm coming with ya."

"Okay. Let's get the hell out of here. If we stick close to the wall we should eventually find the emergency exit or a staff door out of here."

"Sounds good to me, Let's go." Dave jogged a bit until he caught up and looked around a bit. He could sort've remember his way now. If this was like any fun fair Dave'd ever been to, the Exit sign over the door would've been glow in the dark anyway, so he guessed they'd find it eventually if they looked long enough. "Any longer in here and I think I'd probably go blind or some shit."
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

Badb
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
"Ready as I'll ever be, I guess." Dave muttered to himself, keeping his hand in his pocket. He didn't think the others realised that he was armed yet. He was also sort've surprised that he was the only one holding a torch.

"Guys, you got glow in the dark eyes, or something?" Dave called out, finally noticing that they were at the way he'd came in. "Or am I the only one out of the three of us who was given a torch?"

Dave shrugged at the lack of reply and walked towards the door.

"Holly molly. It's a carnival. That sick bastard's got a sense of humor doesn't he?"

"...You didn't know?" Dave asked her, flicking the torch off as he stepped outside. "I sort've figured at least someone would've gotten tipped off that Halls of Mirrors and all that crap were at fun fairs. Or has that changed since I got here?"

The slightly saner girl muttered something, and then started sucking the back of her hand. Dave was gonna make a joke about vampires or something like that, but they were in the sunlight, and she wasn't burning up or sparkling yet, so he figured he was good.

"Alright. We need some more people if we ever hope to be successful here. My bet is someone is kicking about in the Carnival, maybe even a group with similar intent. Looks to be a good place to start. Stay low just incase, try not to make any movement and follow my lead."

"Sure, sounds good to me," Dave said, putting his hand over his eyes to see better. "Lets go see if anyone's around here, then."

((Dave Morrison, continued in Break Up and Break Down.))
Edited by Badb, Aug 25 2010, 06:46 PM.
V5:
[/spoiler]
Quote:

Quote:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Hall of Mirrors · Next Topic »
Add Reply