Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Madelyn would like to play video games with you! (and be your friend)
Topic Started: Jul 30 2010, 03:09 PM (2,459 Views)
Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
I've been seeing a lot of great characters that are looking for friends here in the planning area, so I wanted to see if anyone would like to be Madelyn's friend as well, or perhaps even form a little cliq of strange and interesting people?

Madelyn is very outgoing, somewhat excitable, loves video games and anime, and loves to hang out, so it wouldn't be strange for her to have lots of different types of friends!
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think Madelyn and Hayley would get along. Hayley can be kind of a bitch (actually, she can be a HUGE bitch) and she parties a bit hard, but she makes friends in unusual places because deep down she's really just a big nerd. And she loves video games. xD And she's really nice to people who don't judge her, and Madelyn strikes me as very non-judgmental.
Edited by Hollyquin, Jul 30 2010, 03:35 PM.
being meguca is suffering

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...
[x] Chitose Saionji [G???] // 公園に千歳は本を読む!

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dutchy has pretty much just really met her in the Activist thread.

They seem a lot alike, Dutchy'd love to be her friend!
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.

Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
Well, Ema's already a (rather unusual) friend of Hayley's, but even without that, I could see her spending time with Madelyn.. girl-gamers gotta stick together, right?
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past

KamiKaze
Member Avatar
Can you hear me?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have two characters that fit the video game/anime nerd criteria.

Anna Chase is a bit of an oddball, but she's friendly and likes anime as well, to the point of being a cosplayer. As long as you can put up with her bizarre moments, it should be alright.

And then there's Carol Burke. She moved from Nevada at the start of the school year, and loves video games. She's friendly too, perhaps to a fault.

Both would be willing to be friends with her! Feel free to look at them, and pick which one would work!
Edited by KamiKaze, Jul 30 2010, 04:27 PM.
RICHARDS/BAINES OTP!

Coming to a V7 near you.
Bree Jones- "I'm not exaggerating when I say that my fish are smarter."
Roxanne "Roxie" Borowski- "Next video? Oh man, tons of ideas, dude. Lemme get the makeup for that."

In Loving Memory

Humiliating things I caught you guys saying

Kami's Promise for v6 (doing this again)

Posted Image

Let's show that private threads aren't necessary! I pledge not to start any private threads on island in V6. If I started a thread, you are welcome to join it.

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My character Reika Ishida is fairly friendly with pretty much anyone she meets, and if you want someone more close to her hobbies, Dawne Jiang is a huge anime nerd (she also cosplays). Links in sig if you're interested.
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie

Lawther
Member Avatar
Glub Glub Glub
[ *  * ]
Awesome! Lot's of great people/characters to be friends with ^_^

Hollyquin: Madelyn and Hayley would definitely get along quite well. Hayley has a bit of a darker streak than the more happy-go-lucky Madelyn, but I think that despite the juxtaposition they would get along famously over their high school years. :D

LittleBoy: Madelyn would love to be Dutchy's friend too! They seem to be getting along well in the Activist thread ^_^

Chib: Of course girl gamers should stick together! Madelyn would have probably been very keen to meet Ema, since she's an exchange student and would love her accent, and would have definitely wanted to play games with her. Since she's already friendly with Hayley, I could see them as having plenty of excuses to hang out as well.

KamiKaze: I could see Madelyn being friends with both Chase and Carol. Madelyn would love Chase's dark sense of humor and love of horror, and she loves going to conventions as well. Plus, Madelyn finds oddballs to be very endearing.

I could also see Madelyn being friends with Carol as well, though probably in a different social circle than with Chase. They both like video games, plus she would probably find Carol's cheerfulness interesting and introduce herself when Carol came to school.

Rocky: I could see Madelyn being friendly towards Reika, but I don't think Madelyn would be particularly close to her. They would probably just be acquaintances. However, Madelyn and Dawne would probably get along very well! Madelyn and Dawne's love of anime would probably have been what brought them together, and their personalities could mesh very well indeed.

So then: Is there a current thread where a bunch of you guys are already hanging out? If not, would you guys be interested in doing a weekend video game/slumber party/hangout thread?

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

V4 Characters:
B-148 Daisuke Nagazawa - "I've got my fist, I've got my plan, I've got survivalism..." CL: Axes Aren't Efficient For Grinding
Current Equipment: Jericho 941F (.45 ACP) [x2 magazines, 16 rounds left]

G-115 Madelyn Prowers - "Oh man oh man, look out! Press A! PRESS A!!!" CL: Break Up And Break Down
Current Equipment: mp3 player, 'spear' (sharpened pointy stick)

B-049 Tobias Elwin :Dead: - "Hugrubglruglbulrg... Hurgbrbggbrll..." CL: It's A New Day
Current Equipment: None.

Lovely character icons by LittleBoy. Click to see the full pictures!

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
A friendly clown welcomes you to LOCAH. It seems he would like to be your guide.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hayley's presently at a party (and not the sort of party Madelyn would attend), and considering the pace of it she might be there until v4 proper starts. *sweatdrop*

Maybe a group memory thread is in order?

[V5] ALIVE:
[x] Aidan Flynn [B???] // Passing slowly though the vector, damp with fog, the bog that grows the former business sector...

[V5] CONCEPTS:
Winston Evans aced the last English test and would like to point out how gorgeous your shoes are.

Those Who've Known - V4

Mr. Administration
Member Avatar
Cannon Fodder
[ * ]
Oh gee whiz, Lily would be more than happy to entertain Madelyn, yes.
G121 - Lily Ainsworth - "Dipsydoodle, Tweedledee! Not a cloud that I can see!"

banthesun
Member Avatar
I am but two years old, and a robot... It is hopeless.
[ *  *  * ]
RAAAAARGH!

BUT MY -LYN SUFFIX CHARACTER IS LIKE THAT!

RAAAAARGH!

But I probably should of expected that when I made a character like that. Oh well.

Guess which one she is in my sig if you want a link.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Chib
Member Avatar
Oh my god you guys The Riz killed Cara what do!?
[ *  *  * ]
Group memory sounds like a good plan, assuming Foregone Conclusion is off? Considering the conclusion is... well, foregone, I wouldn't mind terribly.
Every time you fall asleep you die. Someone else wakes up in your body, thinking they're you.
You are alone and trapped in your own mind, the world around you is your lie.
Soon you will be nothing, you will never again hear sounds, never again see colours, never again be anyone.

Riley Moon appreciates that Action Needs an Audience, but it's hard not to watch. Hair Status: Bubblegum Pink
Parallel with: The Heavy Weapons Guy

The Past

Hollyquin
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'D TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT A FOREGONE CONCLUSION. CRAP. Yeah I just looked and I was long gone in Minnesota when you posted, so...yeah. *sweatdrop*

OH OH. I JUST HAD AN IDEA. AHHH. I'll PM you with the details, Chib. :D

But yeah, once we get more people, I vote for a big sleepover type thing. Actually I'll PM these details to you too, Lawther, since Madelyn is very much involved here. xD

[V5] ALIVE:

[V5] CONCEPTS:

Those Who've Known - V4

Little Boy
Member Avatar
STICK IT IN ZEE BOOOOOOOT~~~~
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Activist Thread is already a memory thread :c So I can't join in unfortunately.
V5
Posted Image Posted Image
Oswaldo Marx --> "Chicks dig scars? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit." --> Cicada Nights
Mikko "Mike" Korhonen --> "Interesting, very interesting!" --> A Casual Question
V4 / Mini's
Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

"My dick did the Mexican Hat Dance and I had to suppress the moan that wanted to escape." - Casey

NOTE TO SELF: Burns on the left side. LEFT SIDE.

Rocky
Member Avatar
They see me walking, they hating
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dawne would be free to either a memory or a present thread, assuming we have time.
G068 Chan, Yuan Stephanie

MK Kilmarnock
Member Avatar
Hate, hate, HATE!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Methinks Madelyn plus Felicia Carmichael equals fun times! Felicia's in prom right now, though, and at this point, we're probably just gonna have to wait until the island, but who knows what could happen then, yeah?
V6 Tributes

Spoilers, Ricky didn't win V5

Things We Say

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pre-Game Planning · Next Topic »
Add Reply