Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dénouement; V3 Endgame
Topic Started: Jan 30 2010, 06:59 PM (5,827 Views)
Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lenny scanned the airfield, and saw nothing.

Yet, he knew the other two were out there. They were probably watching him and Lulu now. Such a strange thought, after so many days, so many encounters and killings and struggles here it all was. The final four, so close to each other.

Lenny Priestly shifted uncomfortably, feeling a sudden pang of pain in his side. He knew his injuries were bad. Maybe though, he could just keep pushing the pain away. Just keep pushing it back into his head until his time. Would he die or would he go home? It didn't even matter. He just wanted to find a release now. An escape. Though he wouldn't just die. Not this far into the game. He wouldn't just lay down and let someone take him out. He fought his way until this point, and he would fight until his last breath, when he would finally be with Elizabeth again.

Maybe.

Lenny wanted to believe in a God. He wanted to believe in a here after. It was a nice thought that Liz was looking down on him right now, waiting for him to come join her wherever she may be in the heavens. Then again, that's all it is.

A thought.

If there was an afterlife, who was he kidding. He would be going to Hell.

Might as well earn my stay there then

Lenny looked to Lulu and said, "Well, let's see what we can shake up around here."

Lenny started to walk forward, looking around, hoping to maybe catch sight of the competitors, or maybe lure one of them out. It didn't matter, he just wanted to get this on with.

"It's been nice teaming up with you Lulu. Umm..." Lenny turned to look at her. He offered his free hand to shake hers.

"Thanks I guess. I mean, I did want to kill you for the whole helping take my sister thing, but I guess right now all that doesn't matter. You've been a good companion to talk to, and I figure I might as well get this thanks out of the way because chances are within the next fifteen minutes both of us could be dead."
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lenny didn't know how or when the attack was going to happen, but he knew it would happen. They were out in the open walking around, easy targets. He didn't see the grenade being lobbed, but he saw it land in front of him and Lulu. Such a curious object, but one that could bring so much death. Thousands of thoughts raced through Lenny's mind, as he turned around and yelled.

"Run!"

He only managed to take a couple steps before the explosion picked him up and threw him forward. He landed on his stomach and face, feeling a burning sensation all over. He pressed his bloody palms into the ground and turned himself over, looking around for Lulu to make sure she was ok. He looked down at his body, no missing parts, but he saw that his clothes were torn, and there was blood. Then the bullets started, and Lenny realized he had lost his handgun. He saw it a couple yards to his right.

A bullet hit the ground right next to him, and Lenny forced himself up and sprinted as best as he could towards the handgun, picking it up he continued forward looking for any cover he could find. A round pierced his leg and he gritted his teeth, limped towards cover.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lenny stumbled forward and turned his head to get a hold of what was going on. Bullets were being fired, and it sounded like there were now two shooters. The scene had quickly gone to hell, and Lenny sadly was accustomed to this now. He was accustomed to the pain, the smells, the screams that were sure to follow. He had to let his hatred motivate him now, because he had nothing left. He had to let that darkness, that part of him that let him kill and capture and do what he did to protect his sister, he had to let that out. He caught site of Lulu by a plane. He couldn't tell if she was injured or not. He debated trying to make his way across my open over to her. Then more shots rang out that made his answer clear.

He was on his own right now.

The bullets kicked up the ground all around him and sped past him, one ripping through his pack, and another slamming into his side.

Lenny fell to the ground his face hitting the ground hard. He let out a small grunt. He was dying. He didn't know how he made it this far, he had taken so much abuse, and he knew his body was protesting now, the miracle that kept him alive is now leaving. He knew he would die here, and he was ok with that. Maybe he could make up for failing to protect Liz by getting Lulu off this island, and failing that, he didn't plan to go out like a chump.

Lenny smiled and spit out blood, never a good sign.

Pushing himself to his feet, he looked at the tower ahead of him, where the bullets had came from. He knew he couldn't hit anybody inside, no use wasting ammo though he knew he would have to keep the person inside while he made his way to the tower. Raising his handgun, he aimed as best as he could as he fired three shots towards the steel tower just as warning shouts as he shouted, "Come on! That's the best you can fucking do!?!"

Lenny jogged as fast as he could up to the tower and pressed himself against the outside away from the window, hoping he wasn't in anyone's line of fire. He tried to see if he could see Lulu but couldn't see her anymore.

Come on Lulu, fight like hell. I'm about to.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lenny listened as Trish gave her response and fired out of the tower. The rounds missed, and Lenny knew he had to act. He was a man of action by the way, not hesitation. He glanced over to where Lulu should be, and silently wished her luck.

Lenny ran inside the tower and saw Trish running up the stairs. He emptied his clip at his retreating opponent and shouted, "Come back here!"

He took a step forward and felt pain shoot through his entire body. He was dying, and he knew it. The island had taken its toll, but Lenny Priestly would be damned if he didn't go out swinging. This was who he was. He imagined catching Trish, and the thought of killing her made him smile.

He would die a monster. That much he knew.

Lenny summoned all his strength, capitilizing on the adrenaline and took up the stairs after Trish.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
The AK fire missed wildly, and Lenny bound up the stairs. Making it to the top, he saw Trish on the ground, dragging herself across the floor. He smiled, realizing he must have hit her.

"So, this is it huh? How does it feel Trish? We made it this far, and this is how it ends. Is this what you imagined? Sliding across the floor, probably in a lot of pain, with me in front of you, ready to kill you. I always wondered who was going to bring me down. I ran into a lot of people, fought a lot of people, but no one was good enough to bring me down. Not even you Trish, I would have figured someone in the final four would have the fucking balls it took to bring me down!"

Lenny leaped forward crashing on top of Trish. He brought his left hand out grab her left arm, and he brought all his weight down on her, and his elbow to her throat, trying his best to choke her out.

Lenny had spent his time protecting Elizabeth, and when he failed he looked for a way out. A way off this damn island. That way would be someone who was good enough, or lucky enough to kill him. Lenny killed a lot of people to get to this point, and he sure as hell wasn't just going to roll over and die for anyone.

As he continued to choke her, Lenny spat out, "No hurt feelings."
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Theseus
Member Avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
[ *  *  *  * ]
"I'll hurt more than just your fucking feelings, you dirty CUNT!"

Lenny felt Trish's nails dig into his legs, and was surprised by the strength and fight that Trish still put up. It was enough for him to be shocked and loosen his grip, which turned out to be a mistake. Trish was a fighter like him, and it showed. Trish freed her arms and next thing Lenny felt was a shocking pain, enough to make his eye sight turn to blinders for a second as Trish dug into his bullet wound.

Lenny Priestly rolled off of her in pain, not having time to think about what just happened, Lenny struggled to get on his knees and looked over at Trish. His body was shutting down, this was it. He moved his hand down toward his stomach and touched the wound, and felt the familiar feeling of warm sticky blood. Lenny let a small his lips form a small smile. He would take that bitch down with him. Summoning all of the hatred he has garnered during his stay on the island, Lenny lunged at his foe.

He threw himself at Trish, only to be met with the barrel of her gun. It smashed across his face, and he fell backwards, stars flooded his vision. He looked up to see Trish standing before him, her gun in her hand.

Aimed at him.

"Say hi to Liz for me"

Lenny never took his eyes off her. The person that finally beat him. He had no time for thoughts, no time for last minute regrets. He heard the first two shots clearly, the second two seemed distant. The bullets ripped into his chest, and while the pain was terrible, it was fast. Second after the last bullet did it's damage, Lenny Priestly smiled once more, and slowly shut his eyes. Blackness, not unlike the darkness that had overtaken his heart, his actions, set in. While it all happened fast, and he couldn't make coherent thoughts, one image remained in his head. The image of his twin sister, Elizabeth. He was ready to go home to her. He was ready to escape this hell, and be with the one person who would love him unconditionally. It all turned off, and then there was nothing.

-------------

"...and for those of you who are stuck in classes whos teachers aren't cool enough to let you listen to our very own radio station I'll start up Paul Smith's song "Trance Taxi" next for you all to hear on your way out of this place. Have a good afternoon everyone, this is Corbin Arlen from 91.5 KRSR signing off."

Lenny Priestly sat in class, barely listening to the radio as Corbin Arlen signed off, letting everyone in classes which the radio played, who weren't looking at the clock, know that the final bell was about to ring. Sure enough, it did, and Lenny quickly gathered his things and slung his backpack on his back and quietly shuffled out of the classroom.

Moving through the crowd of people, Lenny saw his sister up ahead and quickened his step. Elizabeth saw Lenny and smiled, "Len!"

"Hey Liz. Ready for your meet tonight?"

Her swim meet tonight, something Elizabeth had been talking about all week.

"Of course! You're coming right?"

"Sorry, I think LOST is on tonight, can't miss it for the world."

Liz jokingly hit Lenny's arm, "You ass."

"Of course I'll be there!"

"Good!" Elizabeth went to turn around when someone accidentally knocked into her, sending her books and papers flying everyone. Lenny quickly got down to help his sister collect the papers.

"Thanks Len. People are so rude. By the way, can you give me a ride back to the school today for my meet?"

With a smile, Lenny looked Elizabeth in the eyes as they picked up the last paper.

"Of course, anything Liz. You know I'd kill for you."

-------------

BOY NUMBER 31, LENNY PRIESTLY -- DEAD
3 PLAYERS REMAINING
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Airfield · Next Topic »
Locked Topic