Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
In Loving Memory of Jerred Guillen; Please read, this is important.
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 07:57 AM (8,386 Views)
I'm a Cactus
Member Avatar
do you want to go to war, balakay?
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh man.

What do I say to this? What CAN you say to this?

I woke up this morning to my alarm for work, and noticed that my Blackberry was going absolutely bananas. I took a look at my emails and read a PM that promised Important News, and I was absolutely unprepared for what I read.

I'll be honest. As close as Dan was with Arch, I was not. I did consider him a friend, and he was a damn solid guy, the kind of guy that you'd know would have your back if shit got heavy. Like was said, he was funny, he was responsible, and he was a really awesome and valuable member of these forums. To be frank, I probably know his sister better than I knew him, and in my opinion, it's a shame that I'll never be able to at this point.

There still doesn't seem to be any words that can properly describe the emotions that this tragic event brings up, and I can't figure out how to properly describe how I'm feeling. I'll be honest. I cried on the way to work this morning. Not for me, but for Jerred. For Theresa, and for their family.

The world's lost a really solid guy, and in the end, it still doesn't make any sense to me, and it probably never will.

To Theresa, and the rest of Jerred's family, I hope that none of you blame yourselves, and that you are able to find the strength and the solidarity to persevere through what I'm sure will be a very difficult time. Like Dan, if you ever need anything that I can possibly provide, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Not really sure how to end this, except to say that Jerred, I hope you rest in peace, and that you know that everyone here will always remember you with positive thoughts, warm feelings, and a place in our hearts for all time.

You will never be forgotten.

With love,

-Adam Dodd
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic