Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Survival of the Fittest, a RPing board loosely based off of Koshun Takami's Battle Royale, with its own unique plot and spin on the 'deadly game'. We've been around quite a while, and are now in our thirteenth year, so don't worry about us going anywhere any time soon!

If you're a newcomer and interested in joining, then please make sure you check out the rules. You may also want to read the FAQ, introduce yourself and stop by the chat to meet some of our members. If you're still not quite sure where to start, then we have a great New Member's Guide with a lot of useful information about getting going. Don't hesitate to PM a member of staff (they have purple usernames) if you have any questions about SOTF and how to get started!

Let the games begin!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
In Loving Memory of Jerred Guillen; Please read, this is important.
Topic Started: Sep 27 2009, 07:57 AM (8,395 Views)
Mitsuko2
Member Avatar
Slutty Dwarf
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So unfair... such an amazing person to be taken away...

I hope he's happier where he is now, and that he thinks fondly of all of us, as we do him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nope
Member Avatar
throw that pussy like i'm famous
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been agonizing over what to say here since yesterday. I feel like there are absolutely no words that could do even a fraction of justice to Jer and to what we're all feeling right now. I can't even begin to say how much I'm going to miss him, how much of a blow this is, what a garagntuan loss this is to each and every person who ever had the honor of meeting him. There just aren't any words massive or impactful enough to describe any of it. The more I want to say something, anything here, the more I realize there's no way for me to put it ino words. So all I can do is let how I'm feeling right now pay my respects for me. Because the simple fact that even some kid on the other side of the continent from Jerred, who has never had the chance to even meet him in person, would be crying over his loss, says more for him than any words I could ever imagine.

But I will say this: Tre, you and your brother are like family to all of us, and that will never change. We're behind you one hundred percent, and I can say with absolute certainty that we're all willing to help you get through this in whatever ways we can.

I love both of you guys so much.

James
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ella
Member Avatar
Surprise V3 Winner
[ *  * ]
I can barely think straight right now and my hands are shaking so much I can barely type anyway, so I'll try and come back later with a better response. In the end though, I doubt there really is a good way to express how I as well as the rest of us feel about this.

Jerred was one of the first people I talked to on this site, and one of the first to make me feel welcomed here. He helped me a lot with my writing when I still planned on participating in the game, which meant a lot to me because he was one of my favorite writers on the site. He always seemed to get along with everyone, which seems hard to do at times with some of the drama that occurs in the chat. Again, I really wish I could think of more to say right now, but I just can't think straight at all.

All I can say is that while I don't understand his reasons for doing this and likely never will, I hope he knew that he was important to this forum and the people who write in it. I send all of my condolences to Tree and wish the entire Guillen family the best of luck dealing with this.

Love, Ella.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Candescence
Survivor
[ *  * ]
Holy hell. I end up taking a hiatus from this place and then this happens. I just... Don't know what to say. I talked with him over MSN once, and on here, he was a great guy, and a talented RPer. My deepest condolences and sympathies to Theresa and the rest of his family. This place won't be the same without him. There's really not much else I can say that hasn't already been said.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lexi
Member Avatar
Survivor
[ *  * ]
I remember when I first joined this site last year, Arch one of the first people I spoke to in the chatroom and its so sad to think he is gone. I hope you are at peace and my condolences to his family.

Te maalima on satula kohta ilman Jerred.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Parzel
Member Avatar
Mr. McFail.
[ * ]
Although I never spoke to him or had much contact with him directly, he was always active on the chatzy and always providing the much needed humour to us. He was a great moderator and will clearly be missed by everyone in the community.

I'm sure his memory will live on forever with this community, and he will never be forgotten.

It's deeply saddening to know that he is gone.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

V4 Pregame -
All Characters Approved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OverlordMikey
Cannon Fodder and proud of it!
[ * ]
I'm not good with these kinds of things. I mean when someone dies. I'm not very good at lying about my feelings either. I remember I cried more when my hamster died then my grandfather. I don't like thinking about death either. I wish I could say something comforting and supportive. I feel bad, but not bad enough. I guess I'm being a little selfish and I feel terrible about that. I have to say something or I'll feel like a horrible person so...

I didn't know him very well, but I can honestly say he will be missed.

I also send my condolences to the family.
V5
Coming soon...
Aziraphale from Good Omens

"We seem to have survived. Just imagine how terrible it might have been if we'd been at all competent."
Offline Profile Goto Top

D/N
Member Avatar
Guy Maddin's favorite A.D.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ugh.

I can't claim to have known Jerred extremely well, but I do know that he was an excellent guy, a great friend to many people here, and a fantastic person to write with. I'm really sorry that he's gone.

To those that did know him, especially Theresa, all I can say is that I lost a good friend to suicide a few years ago, and everything that you might feel, the entire range of emotions you get when this sort of thing happens, it's all normal. It's so tough to get through this, I know that simply offering support online won't magically make things better, but just know that you will get through this. All the hurt, the anger, it's all normal. Don't be afraid if it, because you WILL get through it.

Sorry for the scrambled response, it's just tough to put into words.
v6!
G058: Kaitlyn Greene aka Katy Buried - Horse Tranquilizer and Syringe
She Knew She'd Found Freedom - Questions - Fools - Barons - Opportunities - Sideshows - Dawns - Gulches

v5!
G038: Deanna Hull - Replica Freddy Glove - DECEASED
From Sea to Sky -Smoke--Sun--Tiki--Nine--Repeat--Talk--Now--Drift--Hunger--Valley--Fall--Rust--Paper--Heart--Sky-
B023: Jesse Jennings - Riz Action Figure - DECEASED
From Vision to Glory -Vision--Summon--Time--Plan--Length--Sleep--Cause-

v4!
B006: Ricky Fortino - Trowel - DECEASED
B022: Imraan Al-Hariq - Remington 870 - DECEASED
G036: Carly Jean Dooley - VASE D: - DECEASED
G077: Andrea Raymer - Gunpowder - ?????
Offline Profile Goto Top

GameMaker
Member Avatar
Error: This Title Is Too Smexy To Display
[ *  * ]
Holy fuck... this... just fuck. I never thought until today I'd cry for someone who I'd never even met in real life. I'm crying right now... Arch was a great person to talk to, and an excellent writer. He was kind, thoughtful, and funny. To know that he's gone is just... There's no real words to describe the way that that makes me feel.

Theresa, I offer you my deepest condolences and sympathies. Jerred, if someone you can read this, I miss you buddy. I miss you a hell of a lot- you were a great guy, and I'm so fucking sad you're gone. I just.... fuck. But, yeah, I- I offer all my sympathies to the family, especially Theresa, and if there's anything I can do to help, I will.

Rest in Peace, Jerred. I'll miss you.
All in the game, yo... All in the game.- Omar Little, The Wire

V4:
J.J. Sturn- "I'm not a bad person. I'm not a bad person."
Mike Jeffries- "Don't worry, guys. Everything's going to be just fine."
Omar Burton- "I must say, I'm beginning to realize that I'm the only smart person in the room."
Kaitlin Anderheim- "I've never even talked to a guy before..."

DEAD THEY'RE ALL DEAD
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gwbiii
~~PCH0000~~
[ *  *  * ]
I read this a few days ago but just couldn't think of anything to say, honestly I still can't, words on the internet are really inadequate.

I can't say I knew him well, but from what little I knew of him he really seemed a great guy, and all that everyone else has written already more than attests to that.
The world needs more people like Jerred, may he rest in peace. I wish I could have known him better.
G003 - Sarah Xu -"Th-then I-I'll stitch you up."---> 開始
G049 - Mia Kuiper - "lada didi dada di dum dum."---> Anfang
B040 - Richard Han - "YOU WIN THIS TIME, GRAAAVIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
G094 - Raina Morales
-*snort* pretty cows...---> Began: Bump in the Night || Ended: A New Day
""-Mandarin ""-Cantonese ""-German ""-Spanish
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cyco
Member Avatar
Suicidal Maniac
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
None of us should dwell on what we could have done. I don't think Jerred would want that. I know a lot of us are going to do it anyway (it's understandable; I did myself), but in the case of suicides it's often very complicated and personal.

I'd like to propose this: that any members with friction between them right now get in touch and make an honest attempt to bury the hatchet, for Jerred. I think this kind of tragedy demonstrates what's really important.

As a last note, if anyone feels the need to talk to someone about anything, feel free to contact me via PM or MSN (fistsofury@hotmail.com). I'm not a mod anymore, but I will listen and do my best to help. I love you guys.
Posted Image

v3 Minions
B21: Nigel Gillespie
G09: Jessa Vanallen
B20: Harry Tsai
B13: James Brown
B112: Dennis Bernard
Offline Profile Goto Top

BetaKnight
Member Avatar
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This wasn’t supposed to be this long, but apparently I am writing a small novel here. I wanted to start by thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers. My family and I have really needed them over the past few days, and will probably need them for the foreseeable future.

This may be a bit for some people to read, but there are a few things I need to clarify. When I PM’d Dan, Dodd, Aaron, and Mimi after it happened, I was in shock and I said Jerred had hanged himself, not realizing the mental image that word immediately brings up. Someone says “hanged”, and you picture the typical Hollywood image of someone tying themselves up high, kicking out a piece of furniture or box, and dangling.

That is not the case with my brother. Strangely and sadly, my brother’s feet were still in contact with the floor. It is a detail I will never be able to forget. His friends and my family have searched through all of his belongings. Every email, facebook, myspace, and LJ account he had. We’ve sifted all of his papers and backpack. We’ve scoured his computer’s history and files. He had been texting friends on his phone, and earlier Saturday evening, we had even been voice chatting with some of you on Skype. There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that he was troubled or that something bothering him.

The coroner has officially ruled my brother’s death an accident. A terrible, horrible, tragic accident. That brings some comfort to my family, but it does not change the fact that we will not see him again until we go to join the Lord ourselves. I'm sure Jerred is busy saving seats for some of you. Dan, he’ll make sure to save you a seat at the bar, next to the hot girls.

For some people somewhere, there is a silver lining to all of this. Jerred was a registered organ donor, and the Nor Cal organ donation team was able to successfully harvest organs which will provide some people with a new lease on life. So in our tragedy, they have received the miracles they prayed so hard for. The knowledge that my brother was able to help people and will live on in some small part is very comforting to me.

We are holding his viewing tomorrow (Friday, 10/2) evening at a local funeral home, and his memorial service will be at a local church on Saturday morning at 11 am Pacific. My parents and sisters and I have discussed it, and we really could not handle having a house full of flowers. In his obituary, we asked that in lieu of flowers, people make a donation to our county library. Since he was a tiny boy, Jerred loved reading. One of the special things we would do together was make trips to the library or hit up the bookstore. So my request of you guys is that if you feel like doing something to remember my brother, a donation to your local library would be awesome. Libraries are always underfunded and understaffed, so even a donation of your time would be fantastic.

I don’t know when or if I will ever return to SoTF, but I will drop by chat and hang out from time to time. What passes for normal in chat helps me to remember all of the good times and laughter that we have shared.

Thank you all again, for everything.
Version 5
Offline Profile Goto Top

riserugu
Member Avatar
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
[ *  *  *  * ]
This isn't something I'm terribly good at. Perhaps because I've had to deal with it so often through my job I've sort of tried to cut myself off from feeling too emotional with those that I do not know on a personal level.

But this... this really hurts, I read this last week and I didn't know what I could say. In fact I'm still not sure if there's anything I could possibly say. DA was always someone fun to talk with either concerning the site or just nothing at all. He was a great moderator, an excellent writer and a wonderful person in general.

My deepest condolences go out to his friends and to his family.

Zilya Faust
Offline Profile Goto Top

Megami
Member Avatar
Squishy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The rude and insensitive post left in this thread has been deleted, and ban filters have been updated with that user's name, e-mail address, and IP information. I sincerely apologize to friends and family alike that were subjected to such disgusting comments in a thread that's sole intention was to show a bit of respect and compassion to the deceased and his family. Further trolling of this thread will result in the offenders being reported to this forum's host.

And on that note, I wasn't able to get to know Arch like most of you, but I am truly sorry for his loss.
Misa Achtland

Ayako Okogamine

Kevin De la Torre

Melissa Angelicchio

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sunny Delighted
Member Avatar
your mom wanted to make sure that her clothes didn’t steal the spotlight from her new haircut so she went with this feather fringed semi-transparent catsuit w/modesty pleather panels in a simple, understated black.
[ *  *  * ]
I haven't been on here for a while (personal probelms, petty really) and I can't really think of anything to say. I just joined a few months ago, and I didn't know Jerred that well, but from what I knew, he was a great person. I send my prayers and condolences to Beta and her family.
The Fallen Everdreamers

Spoiler: click to toggle

Quote:

Egads Sunny
Egads You should be Cobra Commander
Sunny NO.
Egads But when you hit the moneyshot, you can yell "COOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAA"

Quote:

SenatorGoose marriage
SenatorGoose is a sacred bond
SenatorGoose between a man, a woman and some shoes

Quote:

mib_fy9526like
mib_fy9526ask me a state
mib_fy9526I can name its Senatots

The New Doomed Kids

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Locked Topic